Ultimate Shinobi - A Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Character Retirement

View previous topic View next topic Go down
BK-201
Kumo Nin
BK-201

Character Retirement Vide
PostSubject: Character Retirement Character Retirement EmptyFri 26 Apr 2013, 1:09 pm

So I'm doing some thinking, and some things occurred to me. Eventually, you get to this place where your character is... Done. You've told all the stories you wanted to tell. As it stands, the only way to move on to your next character idea is to kill them off. But you're attached to this character; you've walked them through their entire life, watched them bleed, watch them cry. And it seems such a waste to have to snuff them out in order to start anew.

So, I propose a retirement plan.

Instead of having to kill or archive a character in order to dive into a new one, why not develop a system where the old character is relegated to NPC status? You can occasionally pick them up again to NPC a minor role, or even teach your new character some of your old tricks. Hell, play the cards right, and you could RP as your characters own child.

Sound like the start of something?
Back to top Go down
Adam
The Boss
Adam

PostSubject: Re: Character Retirement Character Retirement EmptyFri 26 Apr 2013, 1:18 pm

Perhaps our stances of 'Death topics' etc should be slightly rewritten because you see, people can do it this way if they like and not actually kill their character off. It's happened numerous times and staff members aren't against it so long as it's as logical as we ask deaths to be. Unless your character is a significant plot element to this forum and staff members have to intervene to wrap up your storyline it's assumed everybody's 'inactive' and archived characters are treated this way to ensure continuity for the people they roleplayed with.

So to answer your question/proposal.

Character Retirement BwU4r
Back to top Go down
http://www.ultimateshinobi.org
Adam
The Boss
Adam

PostSubject: Re: Character Retirement Character Retirement EmptySun 28 Apr 2013, 3:02 am

Solved?
Back to top Go down
BK-201
Kumo Nin
BK-201

PostSubject: Re: Character Retirement Character Retirement EmptyFri 03 May 2013, 1:36 pm

I guess, since nobody else wants to add their input.
Back to top Go down
Cookie Monster
Swaglord
Cookie Monster

PostSubject: Re: Character Retirement Character Retirement EmptyFri 03 May 2013, 1:40 pm

Screw member opinions!
Character Retirement 287405

Solved
:3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Character Retirement Character Retirement Empty

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1