Ultimate Shinobi - A Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Who could've known free stuff sucks... X(

View previous topic View next topic Go down
Ruka
Ruka

Who could've known free stuff sucks... X( Vide
PostSubject: Who could've known free stuff sucks... X( Who could've known free stuff sucks... X( EmptyThu 20 Jun 2013, 9:48 am

OK, I don't think there's an easy way of saying this but I'll try. This year has been pretty hectic for me, studying has never been such a pain in the ass before but I managed to give several hours of my free time to RP'ing and writting in general. Even when the exams came knocking and I spent over 72 hours awake at times I still had time to get couple of posts in from time to time both winter and summer.

So recently just as the exams began I got offered a job (in a manner of speech, of course I'll be getting paid by "working experience") and after a single week of trying to put things together, the more I try, the more I realise that having free time is a luxury I don't think I have. I had couple of days to check the place around and spoke with one gal, she has the same job just gets paid, she says that on average the work includes 8 working hours and most of the time up to 2 or more hours of "free" overtime, not even the district attorney himself gets paid for the overtime as I've heard. So I don't know just how permanent this is, maybe at some point I will gain the super power to write legal documents in super speeds and may have some free time but in the meantime I decided to give everything for the job, more so the I'll be working for the guy whose job is my dream job so I'd be getting a pretty good experience of how stuff goes there even if it means 12 working hours a day (I hope not XP)

Anyways I will try to resolve the event topic I'm in cuz I'm a nice gal like that, but I'm afraid that is it for my activity around here. I check in to see how stuff's going from time to time but doubtfully more than that.
Back to top Go down
Sörä♀
Sörä♀

PostSubject: Re: Who could've known free stuff sucks... X( Who could've known free stuff sucks... X( EmptyThu 20 Jun 2013, 3:07 pm

Sad to hear Ruka. I hope that the working experience offers up something that you can take with you forever. With that said, I bid you farewell and wish you luck with all your future endeavors. 

~ Sora.
Back to top Go down
Slurberdur
Kumo Nin
Slurberdur

PostSubject: Re: Who could've known free stuff sucks... X( Who could've known free stuff sucks... X( EmptyThu 20 Jun 2013, 4:52 pm

I am overjoyed to hear this. You have certainly made the right decision. "Giving my all to the job." Given that this is the pathway to your dream job where you can be both happy and comfortable, I say kudos and good luck. I dont remember us conversing much but I daresay that I hope your time here was enjoyable. 

Just dont stop writing, always find time to write even if its only 250 words a day. (outside of the job of course, strictly for pleasure).
Back to top Go down
TNT
TNT

PostSubject: Re: Who could've known free stuff sucks... X( Who could've known free stuff sucks... X( EmptyThu 20 Jun 2013, 6:41 pm

Well Ruka, it has been a pleasure. I'm glad that we had this event mission together. If it's going to be your last RP, I'd say it wasn't a bad one to leave off on. I wish you the best of luck. Now go get 'em! :3
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: Re: Who could've known free stuff sucks... X( Who could've known free stuff sucks... X( EmptyThu 20 Jun 2013, 7:06 pm

Sad SadSadSadSad

Everyone is growing up.

*hides in his nostalgic corner*

Good luck with your job/apprenticeship/studies/thing. Maybe you can return to us one day ^^
Back to top Go down
Euphoria
Euphoria

PostSubject: Re: Who could've known free stuff sucks... X( Who could've known free stuff sucks... X( EmptyThu 20 Jun 2013, 7:14 pm

Saint wrote:
I am overjoyed to hear this. You have certainly made the right decision. "Giving my all to the job." Given that this is the pathway to your dream job where you can be both happy and comfortable, I say kudos and good luck. I dont remember us conversing much but I daresay that I hope your time here was enjoyable. 

Just dont stop writing, always find time to write even if its only 250 words a day. (outside of the job of course, strictly for pleasure).
Agreed. Really cannot put it better myself. I do hope you return from time to time, as planned. :C
Back to top Go down
~Fox~
Nukenin
~Fox~

PostSubject: Re: Who could've known free stuff sucks... X( Who could've known free stuff sucks... X( EmptyThu 20 Jun 2013, 7:28 pm

Chris wrote:
Sad SadSadSadSad

Everyone is growing up.
Never!

But seriously, congrats on the job, Ruka. Of course we'll miss you, but it's always great to hear when someone is leaving for an excellent opportunity. I'm sure your hard work will pay dividends. All the best, sweetie.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ultimateshinobi.org/forum
Aaron
Aaron

PostSubject: Re: Who could've known free stuff sucks... X( Who could've known free stuff sucks... X( EmptyThu 20 Jun 2013, 8:16 pm

We'll miss you Ruka! Good luck with your job and all your future endeavours  I hope to see you around from time to time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ultimateshinobi.com
Sörä♀
Sörä♀

PostSubject: Re: Who could've known free stuff sucks... X( Who could've known free stuff sucks... X( EmptyThu 20 Jun 2013, 9:14 pm

Is it endeavors or endeavours?? I'm sure it's endeavors TEEHEE
Back to top Go down
Ulkira
Nukenin
Ulkira

PostSubject: Re: Who could've known free stuff sucks... X( Who could've known free stuff sucks... X( EmptyThu 20 Jun 2013, 9:42 pm

Euphoria wrote:
Saint wrote:

Agreed. Really cannot put it better myself. I do hope you return from time to time, as planned. :C
Pretty much this. Best of luck, Ruka. I'm sure you'll be missed.

Sörä♀ wrote:
British English v.s. American English.
Back to top Go down
TNT
TNT

PostSubject: Re: Who could've known free stuff sucks... X( Who could've known free stuff sucks... X( EmptyThu 20 Jun 2013, 10:51 pm

Sörä♀ wrote:

'Murica
Back to top Go down
TwinnyPuppy
TwinnyPuppy

PostSubject: Re: Who could've known free stuff sucks... X( Who could've known free stuff sucks... X( EmptyFri 21 Jun 2013, 12:24 am

~Fox~ wrote:
Chris wrote:
Sad SadSadSadSad

Everyone is growing up.
Never!

But seriously, congrats on the job, Ruka. Of course we'll miss you, but it's always great to hear when someone is leaving for an excellent opportunity. I'm sure your hard work will pay dividends. All the best, sweetie.
This.

TNT wrote:
Sörä♀ wrote:

'Murica

LOL.
Back to top Go down
http://captaintigglesworth.tumblr.com/
John

PostSubject: Re: Who could've known free stuff sucks... X( Who could've known free stuff sucks... X( EmptyFri 21 Jun 2013, 12:32 am

This is unforunate. Sad Good luck with your future endeveors. If you find yourself with extra time in the future, don't forget about us.

P.S. Not getting paid for overtime is illegal, even(especially) if you work in a DA's office.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ultimateshinobi.org
Ruka
Ruka

PostSubject: Re: Who could've known free stuff sucks... X( Who could've known free stuff sucks... X( EmptyFri 21 Jun 2013, 8:55 am

Thanks for the warm goodbyes, I'll definitely miss all of you people still I'll be checking the place out occasionally just not participating much in it.

P.S. It's legal, it's something like job practice: they are interested in my abilities but law school doesn't teach say templates of legal documents normally I'd be having a period of couple of months to get the ropes, then I'd start to get paid it's pretty standart practice even in non-legal jobs even if it is kinda cruel. Still I've heard local judge's assistants have it harder, the judge is kind of an ass Smile And all the overtime is kind of like job-homework... Yeah life is hardcore Cool
Back to top Go down
John

PostSubject: Re: Who could've known free stuff sucks... X( Who could've known free stuff sucks... X( EmptyFri 21 Jun 2013, 9:15 am

Aaaaaah so it's an internship; not a job. Didn't quite get that from the op at first. Nonetheless, good luck. Smile
Back to top Go down
Adam
The Boss
Adam

PostSubject: Re: Who could've known free stuff sucks... X( Who could've known free stuff sucks... X( EmptySun 23 Jun 2013, 6:40 am

Hope things work out. :<
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who could've known free stuff sucks... X( Who could've known free stuff sucks... X( Empty

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
-