Ultimate Shinobi - A Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Nakayama, Ichikawa [Kirigakure Genin]

View previous topic View next topic Go down
Ichikawa Nakayama
Ichikawa Nakayama

Nakayama, Ichikawa [Kirigakure Genin] Vide
PostSubject: Nakayama, Ichikawa [Kirigakure Genin] Nakayama, Ichikawa [Kirigakure Genin] EmptySat 13 Jul 2013, 3:30 am

Nakayama, Ichikawa [Kirigakure Genin] Kurosawa_yamato_9024_zps6d0f9f86

NAKAYAMA, ICHIKAWA

THE INFO.

Name: Nakayama, Ichikawa [The First River in the Mountain]
Nickname: N/A
Appearance:

Ichikawa is a rather tall and lanky young man, his most notable characteristic being his height. Often commented about him is that noticeable stature of his, with his broad shoulders and lengthy limbs. Arms and legs that reach far give him an advantage sometimes, but who's counting that? If you were looking to insult, you could say he was quite like a sloth. That would be exaggerating, however. Ichikawa's body is fit enough for his position as a shinobi, at least he's been working out to keep it that way. Recently, he decided to pick up on the title he had earned a few years back and continue work for his village.

This resulted in his body being once again toned properly for combat, that training having restarted about a year back. From head to toe, you would want to start with Ichikawa's hair. It's quite long, hanging slightly past his neck and onto his back. But all the length isn't just there, it is also quite visible in the front. His hair is often a mess, hanging down with a large strand between his eyes. The rest covers the side of his head, as presented in the picture above. It's very dark in color.

Following this is a pair of dark, yet friendly eyes. You won't find them looking down at you unless you've done something quite wrong, and that's not a common thing for Ichikawa, either. Accompanied with his eyes is a smile, as well as a range of other facial expressions that one can find from time to time. Skin that's somewhat pale is the final layer to all of his appearance, not including his clothing. Thinking of this clothing, the little things should be noted first.

On his feet, Ichikawa wears a pair of black, short-toothed geta. They're made of durable wood that can handle the elements, and accented with a very fine black polish that just doesn't seem to come off. They're by far Ichikawa's favorite pair of footwear considering the other selection of regular sandals. On his left middle finger, Ichikawa also wears a small, blank silver band. The ring doesn't have anything special to it other than a shine, being a simple accessory on his person.

For his actual clothing, Ichikawa wears a pair of navy sweatpants with his tool pouch attached to the right thigh. On parallel sides of his pant lets, Ichikawa also has two small pouches that hold three kunai each. It's a method used by Jounin for easy access to their tools that he adopted for combat, seeing as it makes it much easier to defend oneself in a pinch. The sweatpants have somewhat deep pockets in them, allowing Ichikawa to store other items if he so chooses.

Above this, Ichikawa wears a navy track jacket with a black v-necked undershirt. The jacket's collar sticks up about an inch, giving a sort of frame to his neck, and a place for his hair to hang over. The jacket has two pockets on either side where Ichikawa can rest his hands for warmth or comfort, as well as store items. On the inside of the jacket, there is an additional pocket that can be used to store hidden items or a wallet. Aside from this, Ichikawa doesn't really have anything else. In most cases, he appears like a civilian instead of a ninja, something that he doesn't mind.

As a final touch to his appearance, Ichikawa had his forehead protector sewn onto the left arm of his track jacket. It looks like a band of some sort, or a badge placed on the sleeve. It should also be noted, in regard to the Tool Seal, that he has a small dot placed in the center of his right palm, as well as a dot in his tool pouch. These are the seals used in the technique.

Forehead Protector: Part of his jacket.

Personality:

Ichikawa's personality is quite unique. Part of it can be assessed purely through his handwriting, revealing traits of his mind and how he faces the world with all its different situations. The following is his assessment in terms of his handwriting:

To start, it's been observed that Ichikawa's handwriting is midway between a right and upper slant. His words and sentences seem to lean in the direction like plants growing towards the faintest glimpse of sunlight peeking into their shadowy holes. As Ichikawa is able to relate to both those who withdraw from others and those who seek them, it gives him a level head and the ability to make well thought-out decisions when he deals with people. Even when dealing with high amounts of empathy, sympathy, passion, or rage, especially from those other shinobi, he was capable of taking the unbiased lean.

Looking at some letters individually, we can also see that Ichikawa places his tittles very close to the stem of his I's. This has shown to be a trait of those who are very attentive to details, not missing many, if any, things. The things that are noticed can then be locked in an astounding memory, capable of holding on to them even with age. As for the stem itself, Ichikawa has shown the habit to have needlepoint strokes when writing them, as well as with his N's, M's, and H's. A quality that leads to comprehensive thinking, the ability to quickly size up situations, and increased curiosity. But this also leads to a negative effect: impatience. This can bring about unfavorable outcomes depending on the situation such a vice decides to rear its head. Ichikawa's practice has given him, hopefully, enough patience to keep it from happening.

In his younger years, Ichikawa also had very small handwriting. His concentration could have been labeled unmatched were mental disorders not present in the living world. But with recent times, his handwriting has grown a bit larger, and thus his concentration has slowly expanded to encompass even more things. Oft he'll find his brain whispering to him about things that aren't even important at the time. Rats that hide in his figurative walls, whimpering and scratching until they are acknowledged and set free. A negative quality that could surely be honed and repaired with time.

You'll also find that, along with an even baseline, Ichikawa's D's and T's have short stems rather than tall ones. The traits of both an independent thinker and a perfectionist; a man who sees life different from those who mindlessly conform, and a man who seeks all of his endeavors to be nothing less than precise. When he does have a project, given he can concentrate, Ichikawa will spend much time making sure that it goes as well as is within his human means. But, of course, with slight amounts of impatience can also come frustration. With Y's that do not have complete loops, and rather are stubborn stems that jab down into the next line, it is clear that Ichikawa suffers from physical frustration. Something is missing in his life, be it an obvious thing, it upsets him.

Ichikawa is someone with both positive and negative traits, someone left-handed, and someone with a working brain. Albeit young, Ichikawa is still ticking up above, and he plans to continue doing so for some time to come. His aspirations cannot go unfinished; that would be a shame.

With his handwriting analyzed, it can also be noted that Ichikawa is a kind individual. He's often selfless when it comes to others who need help, but he also isn't stupid about it, like some are. There is a good level of caution when making decisions, and he's not afraid to refuse an unreasonable offer or demand. It could be worded something along the lines as "kind, not merciful." In situations that are leaned more towards the definition of altercation, the traits from above can apply.

A final thing to note about Ichikawa's personality in general is that anger doesn't come very naturally to him, as it takes quite a bit to make him upset with you. You'll know when he is, but it'll require a bit of pushing before that side comes out. A level of confidence also puts some fear to rest, though he's not completely immune, he's not a pussy, either. When it comes to love, it's a very touchy subject. Don't expect that to happen easily.

Clan: N/A
Nindō: While it may seem lazy of him, Ichikawa has yet to actually decide upon a Nindo for himself. His experience lacks a little too much for him to effectively decide upon something as potentially permanent as this just yet.

THE NINJA.

Origin: Mizu no Kuni
Affiliation: Kirigakure no Sato
Specialties: Genjutsu, Fuinjutsu
Elemental Affinities: Earth, Wind
Combat Style:

Ichikawa's favorite thing isn't fighting people, but he's nonetheless decent at doing it. Usually, there are a variety of tactics that Ichikawa could employ depending on how the fight starts. He may have to observe his opponent's moves and try to deduce their specialties, elements, and range of techniques. Of course, that doesn't always work, and sometimes the enemy doesn't always make the first move.

Instead, he's forced to wait, or to make the first move himself. If anything, observation still plays the key role in his fighting style. Suggesting he has the opportunity, Ichikawa may try to use some of his more 'friendly' genjutsu in an attempt to sway his opponent out of the fight. Considering it's not his favorite thing to do, if he can avoid the altercation altogether and possibly make a friend because of it, that is the better choice to make. It's also useful if he knows the person he's up against is extremely powerful compared to himself, and that can pose serious issues.

If anything, considering Ichikawa's specialties, it will end up being a game of tricks and how convincing he can make those tricks be. Observing for weaknesses, attempting to exploit weaknesses, rinsing, and repeating.

Special Characteristics:
Spoiler:

THE BACKGROUND.

History:

Early Life Arc:

Academy Graduation to Early Teens Arc:

Early Adulthood Arc:

Roleplay Sample:

Sample:

THE ARSENAL.

Techniques:

Weapon Kit:

FACE CLAIM.

Character Claim: Yamato Kurosawa
Source: Say "I love you"
Image URL: Link

Last edited by Ichikawa Nakayama on Mon 15 Jul 2013, 4:59 am; edited 11 times in total
Back to top Go down
Ichikawa Nakayama
Ichikawa Nakayama

PostSubject: Re: Nakayama, Ichikawa [Kirigakure Genin] Nakayama, Ichikawa [Kirigakure Genin] EmptySun 14 Jul 2013, 4:57 am

Done.
Back to top Go down
Keos
Keos

PostSubject: Re: Nakayama, Ichikawa [Kirigakure Genin] Nakayama, Ichikawa [Kirigakure Genin] EmptySun 14 Jul 2013, 5:18 am

Hey there!

Here are some things I would like to point out:

- First things first, I do suggest adding a Clan and Nindo, but that's a personal preference, and also a "disadvantage" to be clanless.

- Please elaborate more on your history, it is really short and lacks many details. Avoid synopsis and be more descriptive. However, I won't push you if you can't effectively make great changes.

- You have to start off with a standard Kit (we suggest the Genin one) from this list and request to create your own custom one after you're approved and earned EXP Points.

Please take care of these matters so that I can go on and carefully read through your Jutsu.
Back to top Go down
Ichikawa Nakayama
Ichikawa Nakayama

PostSubject: Re: Nakayama, Ichikawa [Kirigakure Genin] Nakayama, Ichikawa [Kirigakure Genin] EmptySun 14 Jul 2013, 5:31 am

Thanks for pointing out the Nindo. I completely missed that somehow.

The kit has been changed and I've added a bit to my history. Hopefully that'll be enough, since I'm not too sure what else to detail without writing out an arc by itself.

As for the clan, I'd rather stay clanless. More fun that way, less work on the app. It'd be easier if I didn't have to make major edits just to fit into a clan.
Back to top Go down
Keos
Keos

PostSubject: Re: Nakayama, Ichikawa [Kirigakure Genin] Nakayama, Ichikawa [Kirigakure Genin] EmptyMon 15 Jul 2013, 2:58 am

Alright, there are a few things I need to point out.

Tool Seal: Too much for just an E-Ranked technique. Please change to D rank with a high enough cost and limited use after first uses in battle, or maybe once per post and only for single tools. Or else, change it to C rank and have a decent chakra cost, allowing it to seal mutliple tools but with extra cost. And of course, elaborate as much as possible after making the changes.

Let's Talk & It's Okay: These two seem to be pretty similar and serve almost the same purpose. You can blend them into one single jutsu or include the "it's okay" circumstance in "Let's Talk". Also, change the rank and chakra cost to C-Rank, since you mention that the user can affect the way the target is thinking.

Pressure Walk Illusion: As for this one, I can personally give you two options. Either remove it, as it can be misused and become too much for a simple genjutsu, or turn the duration to two posts, stating that during the first post the target simply feels unsusual pressure or weight, or maybe fear. You will, however, need to add an extra cost for the second post in which you actually make the target fall to their knees. You could also resort to giving it a C-B rank according to power and intensity.
Back to top Go down
Ichikawa Nakayama
Ichikawa Nakayama

PostSubject: Re: Nakayama, Ichikawa [Kirigakure Genin] Nakayama, Ichikawa [Kirigakure Genin] EmptyMon 15 Jul 2013, 3:21 am

Tool Seal
For the tool seal, the intended use was as you described. One item per post per use. I have, however, edited the technique to state that it is only usable for kunai, and only draws one per use, per post. I hope this will keep it E-Rank, unless you still believe that is too much, and I will change it to D accordingly.

LT and IO
As for the two techniques which you say are similar, I would like to state that the effects are meant to be significantly different in each one. While in one post it removes anxiety and relaxes, the other technique causes a jolt of excitement, which could create anxiety. It's meant to be a 'powerful', not really powerful, but I suppose potent mood lifter. The effects I am imagining are different in how they work, seeing as the first technique (Let's Talk) isn't meant to make the target happy with anything, just to mellow them out in a sense.

That was a really ramble-ey and probably confusing explanation, but hopefully it shows my point in a reasonable enough manner. If you still want the techniques to be combined after that, I will gladly do so, but I'll need to further specify what they do. What kind of cost should they have for C-Rank if that still applies?

EDIT: I have updated their ranks to C and costs to 4 (1 per post for three posts) and 4.

Pressure Walk Illusion
I have edited the Pressure Walk Illusion to further state the effects of each post. I am assuming that the first post is the post after activation. If not, I will revert that to be the post of activation. Please let me know about that.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Keos
Keos

PostSubject: Re: Nakayama, Ichikawa [Kirigakure Genin] Nakayama, Ichikawa [Kirigakure Genin] EmptyMon 15 Jul 2013, 3:39 am

Tool Seal: Please change to D and adjust the chakra costs.

LT & IO: You could combine the two in a single one that affects the mood of the target. Relieving, reassuring, exciting, etc. All through the mind or something. I also don't like the fact that you can affect intentions through a D-Rank. A C-Rank one would seem fine with a 6 chakra cost and 1 per post maintaining.

Pressure Walk: Change the range to Close (0-5 m) and make it 2 posts, first one being the post of activation. This is too much to last three posts and having your character walking towards the enemy for three posts, too. In addition, make it 8 chakra points for activation, 2 more for second post maintainance and 4 more to make the target fall on their knees. Total 14. I need it to be less powered as it can easily cost a whole battle if the enemy cannot Kai out of it.
Back to top Go down
Ichikawa Nakayama
Ichikawa Nakayama

PostSubject: Re: Nakayama, Ichikawa [Kirigakure Genin] Nakayama, Ichikawa [Kirigakure Genin] EmptyMon 15 Jul 2013, 4:46 am

Tool Seal: Raised the rank to D and changed the cost to 2CP. I can make it higher if that's not enough.

LT & IO: Done. The new technique is in the same place as Let's Talk.

Pressure Walk: Done.

I added a new technique to take up the slot that It's okay once took.
Back to top Go down
Keos
Keos

PostSubject: Re: Nakayama, Ichikawa [Kirigakure Genin] Nakayama, Ichikawa [Kirigakure Genin] EmptyMon 15 Jul 2013, 4:58 am

Tool Seal: Please change to 3CP. It's a rule.

I can't understand why rename that, but if you insist, it's okay by me. Just make sure you don't try and use those two to -let's say- "control" enemies. It will be too much.

After that I can proceed and give you first approval.

Edit: I believe that "Storage Technique" is included in the Academy free techniques. That means it doesn't count for your jutsu limit.
Back to top Go down
Ichikawa Nakayama
Ichikawa Nakayama

PostSubject: Re: Nakayama, Ichikawa [Kirigakure Genin] Nakayama, Ichikawa [Kirigakure Genin] EmptyMon 15 Jul 2013, 5:02 am

I have changed the cost of the tool seal. Sorry for not knowing the proper costs right away, I'm still reading through all the rules. Should probably check that stuff first.

I don't plan on using those two at the same time, since it'd end up being unfair to other players. I only planned on using it in a social context, since making someone happy in combat can be disadvantageous when mixed with the improper personality traits. So, don't expect any of those shenanigans from me.

And wonderful. I'm glad to have worked this out.
Back to top Go down
Keos
Keos

PostSubject: Re: Nakayama, Ichikawa [Kirigakure Genin] Nakayama, Ichikawa [Kirigakure Genin] EmptyMon 15 Jul 2013, 5:06 am

Have you seen the edit I made to my post? You have one jutsu slot open.

Other than that, and unless you add anything that needs to be changed,

Character Approved! [1/2]

Sir Good job, sir!
Back to top Go down
Ichikawa Nakayama
Ichikawa Nakayama

PostSubject: Re: Nakayama, Ichikawa [Kirigakure Genin] Nakayama, Ichikawa [Kirigakure Genin] EmptyMon 15 Jul 2013, 5:10 am

I'll go without that last technique for the sake of a quick approval. Thanks for pointing that out, though. It is indeed in the academy techniques.
Back to top Go down
CleverYamanaka
Wanderer
CleverYamanaka

PostSubject: Re: Nakayama, Ichikawa [Kirigakure Genin] Nakayama, Ichikawa [Kirigakure Genin] EmptyMon 15 Jul 2013, 12:37 pm

Approved [2/2].

Make your account here.
Back to top Go down
BK-201
Kumo Nin
BK-201

PostSubject: Re: Nakayama, Ichikawa [Kirigakure Genin] Nakayama, Ichikawa [Kirigakure Genin] EmptyFri 27 Sep 2013, 11:37 am

What in the hell are you going on about now? Stop wasting my time.
Archived due to inactivity.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nakayama, Ichikawa [Kirigakure Genin] Nakayama, Ichikawa [Kirigakure Genin] Empty

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
-