Ultimate Shinobi - A Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Beware the mirror

View previous topic View next topic Go down
Slurberdur
Kumo Nin
Slurberdur

Beware the mirror Vide
PostSubject: Beware the mirror Beware the mirror EmptyTue 30 Jul 2013, 7:19 am

Name: Aneizou (Shadow Reflection)
Type: Supplementary Item
Appearance:
Beware the mirror Tumblr_lxodqetDdS1r0739wo1_400
Quantity: 1
Storage: Around neck with silver chain
Special Abilities: This is an odd mirror in that it does not reflect light and at first appears to be an obsidian glass or something like it. Rather, this is still classified as a mirror because rather then images, it reflects chakra. It has the ability to cast the user's chakra up to 15 meters away. This allows the user to cast techniques from a distance that he would not otherwise be able to due to range restrictions or otherwise, surprise the opponent with an attack coming from an unexpected angle. This can is done by performing the seals in front of the Aneizou which then channels the chakra in a line in the direction the user and/or stone on the necklace is facing. It is noted that this has to reflect off of a solid or liquid surface to work and cannot be used to seemingly sprout techniques from thin air. This works especially well with one handed seals as the user can perform the seals for the technique with one hand while positioning the necklace with the other for greater precision. Noted that this increases the chakra cost for the jutsu based on its rank. E/D-1 CP, C-2 CP, B-3 CP, A-4CP, and S are increased by 5 CP. Also, discretion and common sense must be used as to which jutsu can be properly applied to and used in conjunction with this item and is only intended for ninjutsu.

Code:
[b]Name:[/b] Aneizou (Shadow Reflection)
[b]Rank:[/b] B
[b]Type:[/b] Supplementary Item
[b]Appearance:[/b]
[url]http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxodqetDdS1r0739wo1_400.jpg[/url]
[b]Quantity:[/b] 1
[b]Storage:[/b] Around neck with silver chain
[b]Special Abilities:[/b] This is an odd mirror in that it does not reflect light and at first appears to be an obsidian glass or something like it. Rather, this is still classified as a mirror because rather then images, it reflects chakra. It has the ability to cast the user's chakra up to 15 meters away. This allows the user to cast techniques from a distance that he would not otherwise be able to due to range restrictions or otherwise, surprise the opponent with an attack coming from an unexpected angle. This can is done by performing the seals in front of the Aneizou which then channels the chakra in a line in the direction the user and/or stone on the necklace is facing. This works especially well with one handed seals as the user can perform the seals for the technique with one hand while positioning the necklace with the other for greater precision. Noted that this increases the chakra cost for the jutsu based on its rank. E/D-1 CP, C-2 CP, B-3 CP, A-4CP, and S are increased by 5 CP. Also, discretion and common sense must be used as to which jutsu can be properly applied to and used in conjunction with this item.

*Note* I know I do not have the funds for this yet, i just want to get the moderating out of the way while I finish my topics.
Back to top Go down
BK-201
Kumo Nin
BK-201

Beware the mirror Vide
PostSubject: Re: Beware the mirror Beware the mirror EmptyTue 13 Aug 2013, 12:20 pm

Who boy. Moderation time. Since none of these other... Since no one else seems to be looking at it...

Beware the mirror Tumblr_m32l32gEU91qizhxpo1_500

I'll be honest. This just plain doesn't make sense to me. You make hand seals at it, and it somehow reflects jutsu to distant locations? That might make a little sense if you were, say, emitting a constant stream of chakra from your hands performing jutsu, but you don't. You make the seals, the jutsu happens. It's not exactly a continuous, reflect-able process.

For that matter, what's stopping this thing from being able to reflect an enemy's jutsu away from you? You could just bounce an S-rank jutsu right on away from you, and it wouldn't cost you a thing, while increasing the what your enemy expends casting the jutsu.

Furthermore, if I'm reading this correctly, if you cast a jutsu into it and aimed it at a rock behind your enemy, the jutsu would emerge from the rock? Reflection doesn't work like that, anymore than you can bounce light off a mirror, and then bounce that beam off a tree. It has to be reflected off an object that has actual reflective properties; in this case, you would have to set up a mirror precisely like this to bounce the jutsu off of. And even with perfectly reflective objects like mirrors, the reflection degrades, loosing a little more oomph with each reflection. So even if this thing made perfect sense, the jutsu cast out of it would have to be weaker than they'd otherwise be.

So, sorry, but while it's a novel concept, the execution just doesn't make much sense to me Neutral
Back to top Go down
Keos
Keos

Beware the mirror Vide
PostSubject: Re: Beware the mirror Beware the mirror EmptyMon 23 Sep 2013, 4:07 am

Moderation Activity Check: Is there any progress made on this?
Back to top Go down
Keos
Keos

Beware the mirror Vide
PostSubject: Re: Beware the mirror Beware the mirror EmptyWed 25 Sep 2013, 2:43 am

Archived due to inactivity.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Beware the mirror Vide
PostSubject: Re: Beware the mirror Beware the mirror Empty

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
-