Ultimate Shinobi - A Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Mimicry arts WIP

View previous topic View next topic Go down
Captain Konoha
Konoha Nin
Captain Konoha

Mimicry arts WIP Vide
PostSubject: Mimicry arts WIP Mimicry arts WIP EmptySat 10 Aug 2013, 3:23 am

Name: Hitomane: Gaikotsu Sensha (Mimicry: Skeleton Bullet Tank)
Type: Taijutsu
Range: Close (0m - 5m), Mid (5m - 10m), Far (10+)
Element: N/a (Possible Raiton)
Description: A technique made by Yoroi, who improvised after witnessing the armadillo in its defensive position. By forming thick plates of bone from his upper and lower back, Yoroi will create a segmented plate sphere around himself that is connected to his body, more or less similar to an armadillo. Turning himself into a human-sized ball, he will then use chakra to propel himself into a powerful roll. He gains enough momentum to pummel through trees and squash everything under them. Additionally, Yoroi can form spikes on the outer shell to gain increased damage, even having the ability to coarse lightning chakra through it for greater impact. This effectively changes it's name to Gaikotsu Harisensha, meaning Skeleton Spiked Bullet Tank.
Chakra Cost: 10CP (+3CP for spikes / +3CP for lightning release / Additional 4CP Per Post)

Name:
Type: 
Range: 
Element: 
Description:  
Chakra Cost:

Name:
Type: 
Range: 
Element: 
Description:  
Chakra Cost:

Last edited by Spectre on Thu 15 Aug 2013, 4:31 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Adam
The Boss
Adam

Mimicry arts WIP Vide
PostSubject: Re: Mimicry arts WIP Mimicry arts WIP EmptySat 10 Aug 2013, 4:22 am

No.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ultimateshinobi.org
Captain Konoha
Konoha Nin
Captain Konoha

Mimicry arts WIP Vide
PostSubject: Re: Mimicry arts WIP Mimicry arts WIP EmptySat 10 Aug 2013, 5:53 pm

Elaborate please,

I can just as well make this and give it a different name. All I am doing is going with something that is well within the boundaries of what I could do as a Kaguya. It's not like I am making multisize, just the things that are within limits.

Besides, it's not breaking any rules, so just saying no without any legitimate reasons is not fair.
Back to top Go down
Adam
The Boss
Adam

Mimicry arts WIP Vide
PostSubject: Re: Mimicry arts WIP Mimicry arts WIP EmptySun 11 Aug 2013, 11:39 am

Mimicry arts WIP Tumblr_mpzttwaVU91sp9fcho1_500

Oh boy, where to start? I really didn't think I'd need to elaborate on the fact that mimicking and/or copying techniques exclusive to other clans is strictly forbidden, period. This is why I jumped the shark ont his Work in Progress application because it's called Mimicry Arts implying they're all going to be based on you copying clan exclusive techniques. The fact that you stated it was Mimicry and kept the names the same only made it obvious enough to deny, regardless of whether you had changed the name and edited it around a bit, so longed as it was obviously similar to the clan exclusive techniques then it's still deniable.

Another reason the prerequisite of your learning these techniques. You improvise them after witnessing the technique? Is there topics where you've witnessed these techniques in character or are you just metagaming the knowledge of their existence because they're Canon Clans? Even if you have witnessed these techniques, the Sharingan's ability to copy techniques (which is argueably the Sharingan's primary ability) does not have the ability to copy clan exclusive techniques. So a Doujutsu based around copying techniques cannot do it while expelling chakra, why would you be able to do it just by 'witnessing' it. There is no way these sort of techniques are going to be allowed, hopefully my answer has satisfied you because it's definitely the verdict on these techniques and any like them.
Back to top Go down
Captain Konoha
Konoha Nin
Captain Konoha

Mimicry arts WIP Vide
PostSubject: Re: Mimicry arts WIP Mimicry arts WIP EmptySun 11 Aug 2013, 4:59 pm

I actually did see it, which is why I have only made one Jutsu and left it as a WIP
I have the link right here: http://www.ultimateshinobi.org/t10575-evaluation-of-skill-p

I understand very well that it is not allowed to just take jutsu from other clans, though there is a difference. I called it Mimicry because it is "like" the technique, it uses it's mechanics to create a technique that resembles it. The difference between taking it and copying it is that as a Kaguya, it is well within my abilities to do something like this. Now, i'll try my best to explain exactly why I figure this is not the same as copying an entire technique and is actually quite fun, at least to me. 

As for the difference between the Akimichi version and my own, the difference is that the Akimichi increase the size of their body and then retract their limbs into a big-ass ball of fat, chakra and muscle. My version is more like an armadillo, seeing as it creates several segmented plates that fit together like a shell, creating a ball with steel-like properties. Because it is connected to Yoroi's body, he can create those jagged spikes for the Hari Sensha version.

The Akimichi's real power is calorie control and body size enhancement, something I could never copy with my Shikotsumyaku. As such, I figured a fun thing to do would be using my bone manipulation to create ninjutsu that are similar in appearance to other clan or other peoples techniques, just with entirely different mechanics. 

I also edited the jutsu to try and explain that a bit.
Back to top Go down
Adam
The Boss
Adam

Mimicry arts WIP Vide
PostSubject: Re: Mimicry arts WIP Mimicry arts WIP EmptyTue 13 Aug 2013, 1:07 pm

This still isn't acceptable on the basis that you're still essentially copying the Akimichi's technique and "Kaguya-fying" it as if that makes it acceptable. Reread my note in the above post in regards to the Uchiha Clan's Sharingan. Your perception and ability to 'mimic' techniques wouldn't be near the same level as that yet at one glance you can essentially make three techniques with this one?

Furthermore, you're coating yourself with a hardened shell of bone, much stronger than the Akimichi's technique and you can go a step further make it a spiked ball (which the Akimichi can do with kunai, not your bones are stronger than kunai) making it much more dangerous than the original technique. You then go a step further and coat yourself in lightning chakra making yourself an armoured (possibly spiked) ball of destruction at C-rank?

Under the basis of it being a standard sort of ball and you reference it like an armadillo rather than a rip-off of the Human Bullet Tank technique and it's counterpart jutsu. Even with removing the spiked and lightning features this technique would be higher than C-rank.

So the fact remains that in it's current state, it isn't getting approved.
Back to top Go down
Captain Konoha
Konoha Nin
Captain Konoha

Mimicry arts WIP Vide
PostSubject: Re: Mimicry arts WIP Mimicry arts WIP EmptyWed 14 Aug 2013, 2:59 pm

I fully understand the whole Uchiha thing, but saying that the average Shinobi lacks the perception and insight to make a technique of their own that is related to the way in which someone else uses it is rather short sighted. That's like saying people who don't have the Sharingan don't have the insight to dodge a taijutsu attack. As it is now, it is just using the same name and following the concept of how he saw an Akimichi use the multisize + Human bullet tank to make this version of his own. It's basis IS that of an armadillo becoming a ball, though the way in which it is utilized is the same as how the Akimichi use it, which is why the name is similar to it, and why the jutsu has reference to the clan. 

Also, I upgraded the costs and turned it into a B ranked technique. I don't mind it being of a higher rank then the original technique that is more or less mimicked by this, seeing as it is only re-creating a technique that is seen by using his own bloodline. It is very much possible to take a concept and make it your own through different means, especially for a Kaguya, considering how diverse the entire Shikotsumyaku is. They can create internal or external armor and weaponry, use it as Ninjutsu to create a field of bone and even meld into it, showing just how much one can really do with it. Kimimaro had only been alive for so long, spending a lot of time receiving treatment that failed, so all we have to go on is the small bit that was shown in his.... 3/4 episodes of existence. 

That said, I think the way in which this jutsu has been worded is a fair and realistic way. I am not creating a carbon copy of a clan jutsu, all it does is use the concept of what was seen and make a personal version out of it with his own bloodline. Like I said before, it's not like I can copy Multisize, Paper release or Kikaichu with the Shikotsumyaku, which is exactly why I am sticking to the things that are within reason, yet still make for cool techniques. The name and the fluff are mainly for IC uses, so he can show his student that he can use a similar technique that just costs more and is performed differently, yet has the exact same intended use.

OOC wise, there are other concepts I would like to work out with this whole Mimicry thing, making more things that are like how this works, just with different dynamics and purposes for the sake of creativity, while sticking to it being as customized as possible and sticks to reason.
Back to top Go down
Adam
The Boss
Adam

Mimicry arts WIP Vide
PostSubject: Re: Mimicry arts WIP Mimicry arts WIP EmptyThu 15 Aug 2013, 12:42 pm

My verdict stands, edit the technique accordingly or it won't be approved.
Back to top Go down
Captain Konoha
Konoha Nin
Captain Konoha

Mimicry arts WIP Vide
PostSubject: Re: Mimicry arts WIP Mimicry arts WIP EmptyThu 15 Aug 2013, 4:29 pm

Hmm...
So, what exactly would you want me to change?

1. References to it being mimicked. 
2. References to the Akimichi.

Also, does that mean that every form of mimicry is straight up banned? If so, could that be added to the rules for the future? There is no hard evidence stating that it is not allowed, so that might be a good thing to add. Everyone hates unwritten rules because it sounds like they are made up on the spot, so that's just a bit of a personal request. 

If you don;t mind, I would still like to keep the name, seeing as it is probably the best thing I can come up with, though I might tweak it a bit to keep it from being the same as the Akimichi. 

That said, I made the Edits.
Back to top Go down
Adam
The Boss
Adam

Mimicry arts WIP Vide
PostSubject: Re: Mimicry arts WIP Mimicry arts WIP EmptySat 17 Aug 2013, 7:17 am

You should be rolling yourself into a ball at the very least, spikes would be it's own technique again and I won't be approving it with Raiton.

The issue is as I said, clan techniques are exclusive to clans. You flat out ripping it off and giving it a little bit of a different name doesn't suddenly make it acceptable.
Back to top Go down
MsMoney
Wanderer
MsMoney

Mimicry arts WIP Vide
PostSubject: Re: Mimicry arts WIP Mimicry arts WIP EmptyThu 03 Oct 2013, 4:44 pm

Archived due to user's request.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mimicry arts WIP Vide
PostSubject: Re: Mimicry arts WIP Mimicry arts WIP Empty

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
-