Ultimate Shinobi - A Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

I finally finished it

View previous topic View next topic Go down
Captain Konoha
Konoha Nin
Captain Konoha

I finally finished it Vide
PostSubject: I finally finished it I finally finished it EmptyFri 11 Oct 2013, 9:51 pm

This is something I have been working on with Darius for quite some time, though his activity passed away before we got to present it to the Staff room. Of the members of staff (at the time), Euphoria, Chris, Travis and Amy have seen it, though more people may also have seen it come by in PM's where I asked Staff for Input. Needless to say, Darius was with me on a lot of this and helped me make it more fair, just like the people I called by name in here who have, some in their own way, gave me things to work out in order to make it fair. 

Note that I made some changes to it along the lines as a means of making things more fair. I also made this particular one for those who might want to get a Snake Sage Mode at S rank, which most people will never reach. I understand that once this gets approved, this will probably become an Admin Permission jutsu like Edo Tensei. After reading the jutsu, please read the additional info at the bottom of the post. 

Name: Sennin Mõdo (Sage Mode)
Type: Ninjutsu
Range: Self
Element: N/a
Requirement: Summoning Related Jutsu
Description: During Snake Sage mode, the user will gain a snake brille, a screen covering the eye that keeps visual genjutsu and bright lights from affecting the user due to the blocking of light. Along with several markings that take place on the user's body, their teeth may temporarily lengthen and become sharper, simulating those of a snake. Sage mode is the result of using natural energy along with a ninja's normal energy reserves to drastically empower their abilities and combat prowess. Some people would claim that those who can skillfully use Sage mode are the best at controlling their chakra in the entire Shinobi world. Said to rival the Jinchuuriki in might, Sage mode is only a temporary boost that can turn the tide of battle when used right, infusing the body with the energies of nature itself. This form can only be maintained for a certain amount of time. This jutsu can only be used once per thread.
-Nature Energy: The power gained during Sage mode is based on Nature energy, allowing the user to mix their own chakra with natural energy, allowing them to do feats thought impossible by some. Mixing it with elemental chakra can make a jutsu equally powerful as another jutsu it clashes with, despite the other element normally overpowering theirs. Additionally, the user gains extrasensory abilities while in Sage mode, allowing them to sense everything within forty meters, just like a skilled sensor would. Special Senjutsu techniques can be made for specific use during Sage mode.
Chakra cost: This technique does not cost the user chakra, however, it does require the user to sit still for several posts in order to gain a certain amount of time in which they can use Sage mode. Each full post of meditation gives the user two posts of sage mode, though it is limited to a maximum duration of six posts. At the end of Sage mode, the body will receive a penalty of 15% to all physical attributes for each active post of Sage mode lasting as long as Sage mode has been activated before allowing the user to move at full power again. 

For the Moderator(s):
This is something that has been in progress for a long time now, and ever since I got the go ahead to work on this from the Cookieman, I spent a lot of time to balance this out, and those that have seen it as it was when it started out will know just how much balancing has been going on already. I also took out the SC bit and worked them into the jutsu itself, so please go about this as any other jutsu.

Additional costs (As discussed with Darius):
2000 word training topic
Must have Summoning Related Jutsu SC
Must have used ones Summon in at least ten topics

Rules:
Clones are not allowed to gather chakra.
Only one Sage per Animal family
Only three Sages site-wide

Last edited by Spectre on Sun 13 Oct 2013, 3:12 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Captain Konoha
Konoha Nin
Captain Konoha

PostSubject: Re: I finally finished it I finally finished it EmptyFri 11 Oct 2013, 11:42 pm

Edit1: Edited the Snake Brille as per request of MsMoney (Skype)
Edit2: Edited to have a set Weakness of -15% per active post. 

More coming
Back to top Go down
MsMoney
Wanderer
MsMoney

PostSubject: Re: I finally finished it I finally finished it EmptySat 12 Oct 2013, 12:25 am

Being worked on by meeeeeeeee with Spectre.
Back to top Go down
MsMoney
Wanderer
MsMoney

PostSubject: Re: I finally finished it I finally finished it EmptyThu 17 Oct 2013, 6:37 pm

There has been made a very convincing argument against Sage mode, and I'm afraid we're going to have to discuss the idea of Sage mode in the Staff lounge. This thread (you) will be kept updated on what unfolds.
Back to top Go down
Captain Konoha
Konoha Nin
Captain Konoha

PostSubject: Re: I finally finished it I finally finished it EmptyThu 17 Oct 2013, 7:07 pm

Aka: We will talk about how many different ways this can be denied in.
Back to top Go down
Aaron
Aaron

PostSubject: Re: I finally finished it I finally finished it EmptyThu 17 Oct 2013, 10:02 pm

Spectre wrote:
Attitude certainly isn't the best way to go about this, Vergil. Such a complex thing as Sage Mode needs to be discussed in detail between the staff before we can simply allow you to have it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ultimateshinobi.com
Captain Konoha
Konoha Nin
Captain Konoha

PostSubject: Re: I finally finished it I finally finished it EmptyThu 17 Oct 2013, 11:34 pm

Aaron wrote:
Spectre wrote:
Attitude certainly isn't the best way to go about this, Vergil. Such a complex thing as Sage Mode needs to be discussed in detail between the staff before we can simply allow you to have it.
Darius was and still is an Admin, and people like Travis, Chris, Euphoria, Darius and Money have already seen it and put their stuff up when I asked for it. According to the stuff they brought up, I balanced the entire thing out a lot, and I am sure that the people that saw it at the time will know that it is not a lie. It had so much more functions at the time that have all either been removed or heavily nerfed. Now that it finally got to the point where it could be approved, people give me the "We ran into some convincing arguments" thing, meaning in 99% of the cases that it will come back as a weak, weak, weak piece of garbage that's not worth the trouble like Chidori, or it will just be completely denied.

Either way, I went through all the proper channels to get to this point, so the attitude I am giving is really not that unfitting...
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: Re: I finally finished it I finally finished it EmptyFri 18 Oct 2013, 12:14 am

Ummm I only read it bro :/ I never actually offered criticism + Euphoria only does graphics.
Back to top Go down
Captain Konoha
Konoha Nin
Captain Konoha

PostSubject: Re: I finally finished it I finally finished it EmptyFri 18 Oct 2013, 2:37 am

Leaving two people and an Admin. Besides, I really don't see the problem being so big that it has to go through Staff room, meaning it will take 2 to 3 years to finally come back to me with things that need to be fixed. Why not come forth with what needs fixing and get it over with. It just seems like a complete waste of time, especially if this will end up just as weak as Chidori or Rashomon.
Back to top Go down
BK-201
Kumo Nin
BK-201

PostSubject: Re: I finally finished it I finally finished it EmptySun 20 Oct 2013, 9:05 am

What in the hell are you going on about now? Stop wasting my time.
Well that took entirely too long.

So long and short Vergil, we discussed the idea of Sage Mode in the lounge, and it's been added to the Forbidden List. Whatever way we slice it, it's either too OP to be allowed, or nerfed to the point of being essentially useless.

Locked.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I finally finished it I finally finished it Empty

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
-