Ultimate Shinobi - A Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Summons Issues

View previous topic View next topic Go down
BK-201
Kumo Nin
BK-201

Summons Issues Vide
PostSubject: Summons Issues Summons Issues EmptySat 11 Jan 2014, 3:14 pm

Short and brief, here are some issues that ought to be addressed with Twin Summons:

• Jutsu/Weaponry limitation; per the rules, Twin Summons are apparently barred from possessing any jutsu or weapons equal to their rank. One of the problems this creates is that, between splitting the chakra pool in two (Which provides another problem), they're little better than just dual-summoning some large B-rank summons.

Further, whatever rank the summon is, they're going to be shorted 2-3 jutsu; the Jutsu limitations make no provisions for Twin Summons, so effectively, what's a total of 12 jutsu for your average A-rank (4 E-D, 3 C, 3 B, 2 A) becomes 10 jutsu (4, 3, 3, no A-rank at all).

• Twin Summons chakra; Twin summons have their chakra split evenly between the two, which becomes a problem when 3 quarters of the summon ranks- C, A, and S- have an odd-numbered chakra pool. It's also problemsome in that it reduced each twin summon to a level of chakra closer to a summon two ranks below it; an S-rank twin summon, for example, would have both summons outclassed by even a B-rank summon in terms of chakra capacity.

• Summons and Academy jutsu; why are the Academy jutsu counted towards their jutsu limit at all? These are the bare bone basic jutsu of being a Ninja. It's utterly ridiculous that a ninja summon would only know, at best, half of the academy jutsu.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

Summons Issues Vide
PostSubject: Re: Summons Issues Summons Issues EmptySat 11 Jan 2014, 6:00 pm

Wow! Nice catch-u~!

You should be a mod  TEEHEE 
Back to top Go down
BK-201
Kumo Nin
BK-201

Summons Issues Vide
PostSubject: Re: Summons Issues Summons Issues EmptyMon 13 Jan 2014, 12:17 pm

Not on your life. Oh well, might as well make the task "easy" for yall.

Suggestions:

• Academy jutsu don't count towards a summon's jutsu slots, freeing them up to be actual ninja animals.
  • Twin Summons chakra; each twin in the set has the chakra capacity of a summon one-rank below it (Excluding C-rank, which should have, say, 15CP each)
  • A and S rank summons split their specialties between the twins; so an S-rank Nin/Gen summon has one twin being Ninjutsu, the other being Genjutsu.
  • Allow Twins summons jutsu/weaponry of their own rank, if only because they'll only have 1 each (and weaponry summons are already limited to only one weapon of their rank anyway)
  • Twin summons jutsu limitations;
    C-rank Twin Summon – 3 Jutsu per Twin [2 E-D ranks] [1 C rank]
    B-rank Twin Summon - 4 Jutsu per Twin [2 E-D ranks] [1 C rank] [1 B rank]
    A-rank Twin Summon - 6 Jutsu per Twin [2 E-D rank] [2 C ranks] [1 B rank] [1 A rank]
    S-rank Twin Summon - 9 Jutsu per Twin [2 E-D ranks] [2 C ranks] [2 B ranks] [2 A ranks] [1 S rank]

Back to top Go down
Ulkira
Nukenin
Ulkira

Summons Issues Vide
PostSubject: Re: Summons Issues Summons Issues EmptyTue 14 Jan 2014, 6:15 am

BK-201 wrote:
Suggestions:

• Academy jutsu don't count towards a summon's jutsu slots, freeing them up to be actual ninja animals.
  • Twin Summons chakra; each twin in the set has the chakra capacity of a summon one-rank below it (Excluding C-rank, which should have, say, 15CP each)
  • A and S rank summons split their specialties between the twins; so an S-rank Nin/Gen summon has one twin being Ninjutsu, the other being Genjutsu.
  • Allow Twins summons jutsu/weaponry of their own rank, if only because they'll only have 1 each (and weaponry summons are already limited to only one weapon of their rank anyway)
  • Twin summons jutsu limitations;
    A-rank Twin Summon - 6 Jutsu per Twin [2 E-D rank] [2 C ranks] [1 B rank] [1 A rank]
    S-rank Twin Summon - 9 Jutsu per Twin [2 E-D ranks] [2 C ranks] [2 B ranks] [2 A ranks] [1 S rank]

Seems fair. I support this.
Back to top Go down
BK-201
Kumo Nin
BK-201

Summons Issues Vide
PostSubject: Re: Summons Issues Summons Issues EmptySun 26 Jan 2014, 3:46 pm

Summons Issues Two_Weeks_Later

Summons Issues E50
Back to top Go down
Captain Konoha
Konoha Nin
Captain Konoha

Summons Issues Vide
PostSubject: Re: Summons Issues Summons Issues EmptySun 26 Jan 2014, 6:24 pm

I also support this, I personally quit making my own Twins because the system for it sucked.
Back to top Go down
Mugen Kousen
Mugen Kousen

Summons Issues Vide
PostSubject: Re: Summons Issues Summons Issues EmptySun 26 Jan 2014, 7:18 pm

Since we're talking about summons...

Why can't players contract summons that possess elements different from their own? There is no canon basis for such a limitation(Gamabunta has Suiton and Jiraiya only has Katon/Doton) so I'm guessing someone added it for power balance reasons?

Personally, I'd rather everyone be able to contract summons from any element. That is part of what makes summons so great! Performing a collaboration jutsu with one has much more significant meaning when the summon wields an element the shinobi normally does not. Hopefully I'm not the only one who feels this way ^^;
Back to top Go down
Captain Konoha
Konoha Nin
Captain Konoha

Summons Issues Vide
PostSubject: Re: Summons Issues Summons Issues EmptySun 26 Jan 2014, 7:35 pm

You're not the only one who feels this way, though I think you'd better make a new topic for that, seeing as it addresses a different problem.
Back to top Go down
Mugen Kousen
Mugen Kousen

Summons Issues Vide
PostSubject: Re: Summons Issues Summons Issues EmptySun 26 Jan 2014, 9:34 pm

It's still on topic so I didn't think the redundancy of making another summons issue thread would have been the best move. This way this thread gets bumped more and we can try to resolve everything regarding summons in one go :3

I think it's more considerate to staff this way as its one less thread for them to keep track of and eventually archive. But if staff wants me to make a new topic then I shall.
Back to top Go down
Aaron
Aaron

Summons Issues Vide
PostSubject: Re: Summons Issues Summons Issues EmptySun 26 Jan 2014, 10:41 pm

Mugen Kousen wrote:

Why can't players contract summons that possess elements different from their own? There is no canon basis for such a limitation(Gamabunta has Suiton and Jiraiya only has Katon/Doton) so I'm guessing someone added it for power balance reasons?

Personally, I'd rather everyone be able to contract summons from any element. That is part of what makes summons so great! Performing a collaboration jutsu with one has much more significant meaning when the summon wields an element the shinobi normally does not. Hopefully I'm not the only one who feels this way ^^;

I actually asked this question myself not long ago (as I agree with you), but the response I got was that it would be unfair, as a shinobi could effectively be able to have all five elements; if they possessed three and their summon(s) had the other two.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ultimateshinobi.com
Captain Konoha
Konoha Nin
Captain Konoha

Summons Issues Vide
PostSubject: Re: Summons Issues Summons Issues EmptySun 26 Jan 2014, 11:09 pm

Aaron wrote:

Mugen Kousen wrote:

I actually asked this question myself not long ago (as I agree with you), but the response I got was that it would be unfair, as a shinobi could effectively be able to have all five elements; if they possessed three and their summon(s) had the other two.

A summon can only have a single elemental nature though, so even If that was to happen, they could never use them at the same time. 
Back to top Go down
Mugen Kousen
Mugen Kousen

Summons Issues Vide
PostSubject: Re: Summons Issues Summons Issues EmptySun 26 Jan 2014, 11:30 pm

That isn't the same as actually having 5 elements though. It's there in a temporary form as a summon that cost chakra to get there and can be sent away if given a serious injury. It's not like it lets you achieve the Avatar state. That is like forbidding rpers with different elements to form ninja teams because between the three of them they have all 5 basics.

I'd happily accept the risk of meeting an opponent who can diversify his elements through his summons if it meant I could have my specialized doton summons. One of everything doesn't necessarily always win. The resources someone spends to diversify like that means less specialization in a single field. It automatically balances out that way making things remain fair. At least that is fair in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
BK-201
Kumo Nin
BK-201

Summons Issues Vide
PostSubject: Re: Summons Issues Summons Issues EmptyMon 27 Jan 2014, 12:28 am

And once again diverted from my original point. Madda fakkas.
Back to top Go down
MsMoney
Wanderer
MsMoney

Summons Issues Vide
PostSubject: Re: Summons Issues Summons Issues EmptyTue 28 Jan 2014, 3:28 am

So the weather is nice...

Travis-poo wrote:
Academy jutsu don't count towards a summon's jutsu slots, freeing them up to be actual ninja animals.
Twin Summons chakra; each twin in the set has the chakra capacity of a summon one-rank below it (Excluding C-rank, which should have, say, 15CP each)
A and S rank summons split their specialties between the twins; so an S-rank Nin/Gen summon has one twin being Ninjutsu, the other being Genjutsu.
Allow Twins summons jutsu/weaponry of their own rank, if only because they'll only have 1 each (and weaponry summons are already limited to only one weapon of their rank anyway)
Twin summons jutsu limitations;

I agree with this.

NOW WOULD BE A GOOD TIME FOR A WILD ADMIN TO POP IN.
Back to top Go down
Keos
Keos

Summons Issues Vide
PostSubject: Re: Summons Issues Summons Issues EmptyWed 29 Jan 2014, 8:12 am

I'm not the admin that needs to show up and say what those three think about this, but I also agree with Travis and support his suggestions.
Back to top Go down
BK-201
Kumo Nin
BK-201

Summons Issues Vide
PostSubject: Re: Summons Issues Summons Issues EmptyThu 06 Feb 2014, 4:58 am

Summons Issues Robot_27d82a_1406029
Back to top Go down
Adam
The Boss
Adam

Summons Issues Vide
PostSubject: Re: Summons Issues Summons Issues EmptyThu 06 Feb 2014, 5:38 am

This is actively being discussed in the Staff Lounge.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ultimateshinobi.org
BK-201
Kumo Nin
BK-201

Summons Issues Vide
PostSubject: Re: Summons Issues Summons Issues EmptyThu 06 Feb 2014, 8:17 am

Adam wrote:
This is actively being discussed in the Staff Lounge.

Then is should have been mentioned that it was being discussed in the lounge two or three weeks ago you hoser Summons Issues 287405
Back to top Go down
Adam
The Boss
Adam

Summons Issues Vide
PostSubject: Re: Summons Issues Summons Issues EmptyThu 06 Feb 2014, 2:13 pm

The thread's had delays of course, but it is actively (as in there's been almost half a dozen replies within the last 48 hours) discussed in the Staff Lounge at the moment.

So shut the fuck up, faggot.

Thread locked.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ultimateshinobi.org
lifeanddeath
lifeanddeath

Summons Issues Vide
PostSubject: Re: Summons Issues Summons Issues EmptyFri 31 Oct 2014, 3:21 am

Moved to In Progress Sub-Forum.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Summons Issues Vide