Ultimate Shinobi - A Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Moderator Powers

View previous topic View next topic Go down
Mugen Kousen
Mugen Kousen

Moderator Powers Vide
PostSubject: Moderator Powers Moderator Powers EmptyTue 18 Feb 2014, 4:20 pm

Quote :

[08:13:16] @ MsMoney : I think mods should be given the power to change usernames, ranks and colour
[08:13:21] @ MsMoney : then it'd be done SO much faster
[08:13:27] Mugen Kousen : ^
[08:13:28] Mugen Kousen : That
[08:13:37] @ Satan : ^Seconded

I'm sure more would agree. If I'm correct, changing username color is probably done through groups. When a user is put into a group, their name color and tag change to fit that group.

This power can be given to creation mods as well as the ability to change peoples usernames and ranks.

These actions can all be a part of the character creation process so it makes sense that creation mods should be able to handle them.

Note: Just because I don't want it to look like MsMoney is stoking the flames here. I brought the issue up and when creation mods agreed I jumped on the chance to push the issue. I'm the one rattling the cage :3
Back to top Go down
Cross
Cross

Moderator Powers Vide
PostSubject: Re: Moderator Powers Moderator Powers EmptyTue 18 Feb 2014, 4:30 pm

Kisame Zaru! 
Back to top Go down
Aaron
Aaron

Moderator Powers Vide
PostSubject: Re: Moderator Powers Moderator Powers EmptyTue 18 Feb 2014, 5:32 pm

I agree with this idea.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ultimateshinobi.com
Wolfe
Wolfe

Moderator Powers Vide
PostSubject: Re: Moderator Powers Moderator Powers EmptyTue 18 Feb 2014, 6:06 pm

Can't even play the devil's advocate because he agrees, so I also think it's a good idea. :>
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

Moderator Powers Vide
PostSubject: Re: Moderator Powers Moderator Powers EmptyTue 18 Feb 2014, 6:45 pm

Except that in order to do all of those, you need to be an admin.

Not a choice. It's just how forumotion works. People can be added to the groups by their respective Kages (which gives them their colour). Otherwise, admins have to do it through the admin panel. Similarly rank images are given via the admin panel. There is no way of changing this.

Thread solved?
Back to top Go down
Mugen Kousen
Mugen Kousen

Moderator Powers Vide
PostSubject: Re: Moderator Powers Moderator Powers EmptyTue 18 Feb 2014, 7:19 pm

No, of course not! MOVE THE FORUM TO PROBOARDS!  Moderator Powers 287405 

Seriously, I guess it's solved. I remembered there was a work around and it was the kage method you mentioned. By making them the group moderator or whatever. I dunno, it's been a while since I admin'd on a forumotion site.

I was unaware that was already in place as everyone always just says to poke admins for color. Must be because my village has no kage atm T.T But all things in time. Yeah, this can be buried.
Back to top Go down
MsMoney
Wanderer
MsMoney

Moderator Powers Vide
PostSubject: Re: Moderator Powers Moderator Powers EmptyWed 19 Feb 2014, 1:06 am

Solved.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Moderator Powers Vide
PostSubject: Re: Moderator Powers Moderator Powers Empty

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
-