Ultimate Shinobi - A Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Ookami Clan ~ Wolves n Shit

View previous topic View next topic Go down
John

The Ookami Clan ~ Wolves n Shit Vide
PostSubject: The Ookami Clan ~ Wolves n Shit The Ookami Clan ~ Wolves n Shit EmptyThu 20 Mar 2014, 12:24 am

Clan Name: Ookami
Signature Traits:
Rage
The Ookami Clan ~ Wolves n Shit As1
Rage, aka The Mark of the Wolf, is a cursed birthmark all people of the Ookami bloodline possess. By way of several triggers, the Ookami lose self control and go into literal violent rages, killing anyone in their path. The most common trigger being during a full moon.

On the nights of a full moon an Ookami will often lock themselves in a secluded area, being restrained either via chains or fuuinjutsu, having a close friend release them come morning. This is the only way to ensure they don't hurt an innocent or end up being killed themselves because they weren't able to strategize in battle. The other most common trigger would be right after a traumatic event. Losing anything of value to oneself will cause an episode, the duration of which depending on that value.

There are of course certain methods to control the madness, but nothing an Ookami can perform on themselves in this state. It has to be done by an ally and very few ninja outside of Konoha know how to perform such techniques.

Physical Appearance
Much like their Inuzuka cousins, the Ookami have several physical comparisons to canines, in this case more specifically, wolves; with fangs and nails that can grow into claws which they use as an advantage in battle. This has given them a reputation of brutality, as killing an opponent by biting their throat out isn't the most graceful or pleasant way, but effective in most cases. When sprinting, jumping or fighting, the Ookami prefer to travel on all fours as they are naturally faster when doing so. This can be a rather humorous sight to those who aren't accustomed to seeing it.

Unlike the Inuzuka however, in their normal state there isn't a common look among them if you don't spot the fangs or see their birthmark. Instead of the bland brown haired, brown eyed clan, they strangely have people of all sorts of skin colors, hair colors and eye colors, making for a very diverse bunch. What they do have in common with each other as well as the majestic wolf is in their beauty. While Inuzukas are not known for being the most attractive clan, some believe the Ookami rival the Uchiha in terms of physique.

Personality Traits
While wolves have distinct personalities there are certain traits that they all share and thus, as does the Ookami clan. They are pack animals first and foremost. Being away from their kin for long can have a serious, long lasting emotional impact on an Ookami, leading to more aggressive behavior than usual. This anger can quickly become dangerous which is why its important for member's of this clan to belong to a social group and experience attachment. Once they become attached to something, they become protective of it, putting their lives at risk for something they like without as much as a second thought. They're warriors. Loyalty, honor and pride are all a big part of their culture.

The Ookami love running in the moonlight. While obviously having to be active during the day they are primarily nocturnal. They love hunting and the best time for the hunt is in the night. Their eyes have even developed an extra lense for night vision. Other comparisons include loving a good swim, sleeping outside in the cold and eating raw meat off a bone.

History:

• The Ookami clan was formed by a very famous member of the Inuzuka clan, Hige Inuzuka, also known as the Sage of Wolves. He was revered as one of the most powerful ninja not just in Konoha but the entire world and had many followers to help build this new clan.
  • Under Hige's guidance the Ookami were beginning to rival the Inuzuka in terms of reputation as hunters and warriors. The Hokage even started to prioritize them, specifically requesting an available Ookami in matters that involved hunting high ranking criminals.
  • Like many men who get a taste of power Hige's mind began to corrupt. He believed Ookami should have more influence in the political issues of the village and when the Hokage and council didn't comply he decided to use force. Those who once stood behind him as loyal followers would not however betray the village they grew up in and loved dearly. Hige fled Konoha and was now wanted as a war criminal.
  • The remaining members of the Ookami clan decided to stay Ookami rather than revert back to their original Inuzuka heritage. They expected some kind of vengeance to be enacted by their former leader Hige, or some method of attempting to regain power, but strangely, fortunately, that day never came. Hige mysteriously vanished.
  • The clan chose a new person to lead them, someone who they all trusted had everyone's best interest in mind and not just his own. Everything went smoothly for many years until this man's grandson, Tensei Ookami took over as the new leader.
  • Tensei had a personality that was very reminiscent of the clan's founder Hige. He was merciless, arrogant and power hungry. He was also an adulterer which was the real reason for his death, the fact of this only known to the Daiymo of the Fire Country.
  • The woman Tensei cheated on his wife with was none other than the wife of the Daiymo himself. Upon discovering this, the Daiymo ordered his own personal guards to assassinate Tensei in Kirigakure uniforms in order to influence the Hokage into going to war with Kiri. This didn't work.
  • Tensei had two sons who could've taken over the clan, except one killed the other and fled Konoha, so obviously that was ruined. Instead they'd pick a new lineage of Usurper. Once again the Ookami council prove to have bad luck at picking who to lead them, as the man they appointed has since been given the nickmane Madman Mantera.

Clan Jutsu:
Spoiler:

TL:DR - Inuzuka but wolves.

Last edited by John on Fri 21 Mar 2014, 10:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.ultimateshinobi.org
lifeanddeath
lifeanddeath

PostSubject: Re: The Ookami Clan ~ Wolves n Shit The Ookami Clan ~ Wolves n Shit EmptyFri 21 Mar 2014, 1:32 am

Similarities to the Inuzuka Clan: It is my general understanding that we generally frown upon 'Custom' Clans which are a replication, direct or otherwise, of an already established Canon Clan. If I'm not mistaken this has been enforced a number of times in moderation, throughout all areas of creation.

That being said, that is what your clan is essentially, an almost direct replication of the Inuzuka with two 'unique' additives. The first being the rage element [which I will address below] and the second being the wolf element. I'm not making a point of addressing the appearance alteration because it's all and all relatively pointless in terms of moderation.

If you look at some of the canon examples of the Ninken of the Inuzuka Clan, a number of them bare a striking wolf like resemblance. With that in mind there is really no stipulation stopping you from creating an Inuzuka with a wolf/half-wolf companion. I did the same thing when I created an Inuzuka and there were no hiccups in moderation or functionality.

Rage: My main issue with this is a general lack of monthly calendar system on US, there is really no way to fundamentally control or manage this without dictation. Otherwise just a small note that Genjutsu really wouldn't be able to control their rage as it would not effect their emotional range, but rather just present them with stimuli.

With that being said, in conjunction with the above about the Inuzuka clan, this could easily be inducted into a Special Characteristic or even an Affliction rather than creating a whole clan which by an large is a direct imitation of an already established clan.

Back to top Go down
John

PostSubject: Re: The Ookami Clan ~ Wolves n Shit The Ookami Clan ~ Wolves n Shit EmptyFri 21 Mar 2014, 10:32 am

I realize your concerns about originality and your suggestions probably would've made it easier for me before I started but since my character history is based largely around being the son of a clan leader and since it probably wouldn't be okay to say his father was the leader of the Inuzuka, this would require me rework quite a bit of it. I'm not sure about past instances where this kind of thing has been denied but Adam is fully aware of it and he said it was fine. Not trying to question your authority or anything I'm just saying he didn't seem to have an issue with it.

As far as Rage goes, I was kind of thinking I'd personally just decide when a full moon came up lol, obviously I'll keep the frequency as realistic as possible. Also removed all references to Genjutsu.
Back to top Go down
lifeanddeath
lifeanddeath

PostSubject: Re: The Ookami Clan ~ Wolves n Shit The Ookami Clan ~ Wolves n Shit EmptySun 23 Mar 2014, 12:35 pm

Regardless, the issue of originality still remains. I've spoken with Heida, Kage and Darius about the issue and we all pretty much feel the same way in that we are hesitant to approve of a clan which is a direct mimic of a canon clan with added elements. Not only for the lack of creativity displayed, but also the president it sets if we allow a clan of such a nature to be approved.

What I said in my first post about making your character an Inuzuka still is applicable. Your Rage/Curse functions well within the parameters of an affliction.

Now, whilst I really hold not grievance about you being the son of the Inuzuka clan leader I can understand where it might become an issue. With that beings aid however, it is easy enough to adapt your character's history to something along the lines of his father defecting from the Inuzuka to form his own clan, for whatever reason, to which he proclaimed himself to be the leader and yet he holds no real recognizable leadership of the Inuzuka clan but it can represent the same point in your history. This way you do not need a whole new clan and the whole situation is resolved.
Back to top Go down
John

PostSubject: Re: The Ookami Clan ~ Wolves n Shit The Ookami Clan ~ Wolves n Shit EmptySun 23 Mar 2014, 11:44 pm

Well, fuck it. It's not worth it to me. I'll just scrap the whole character and make a Genin.

Archived
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Ookami Clan ~ Wolves n Shit The Ookami Clan ~ Wolves n Shit Empty

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
-