Ultimate Shinobi - A Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Some Site Lore

View previous topic View next topic Go down
BK-201
Kumo Nin
BK-201

Some Site Lore Vide
PostSubject: Some Site Lore Some Site Lore EmptyWed 09 Apr 2014, 11:17 am

So I had myself a thought, and as is often the case, it was a brilliant and awesome thought, but I digress. You've got clans like Hyuuga, Nara, Yamanaka, clans that are traditionally tied to a single village (ie Konoha); but there's no restriction on villages for people creating said characters. You want a Hyuuga in Kiri? A Nara in Kumo? Then shine on you rat-crazy bastard. But why, is this the case? Is it that common an occurrence for villages to kidnap children and raise them in their village, taking their clan techniques or bloodlines along as well?

So, I propose a simple bit of "site lore" to be included in all clan histories, and justify why they can be fuck-all-over the place.

Short version: Long ago, there was a big ass war, and the villages nearly wiped each other out from it. They came to "peace," or at least cease fire, and hashed out a deal. Clans had played a major part in the war, with deadly, devastating effect. It was decided, to act as a sort of balance check and keep the villages from going WWShinobi on each other again, they'd split up the clans between the major villages. No one village has a distinct advantage over the other, suddenly there exists a logical reason for there to be Hyuuga in Konoha, Kiri, and Kumo. Let's call it the "Clan Concord." Yer welcome, phaggots Some Site Lore 287405
Back to top Go down
Captain Konoha
Konoha Nin
Captain Konoha

Some Site Lore Vide
PostSubject: Re: Some Site Lore Some Site Lore EmptyWed 09 Apr 2014, 2:13 pm

tl;dr

Nah but seriously, I imagine people can figure out their own shit in their history Wink
Back to top Go down
Cross
Cross

Some Site Lore Vide
PostSubject: Re: Some Site Lore Some Site Lore EmptyWed 09 Apr 2014, 5:13 pm

All that work. ;l

For real though, I thought that was handled in the characters history?
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

Some Site Lore Vide
PostSubject: Re: Some Site Lore Some Site Lore EmptyWed 09 Apr 2014, 8:28 pm

Personally, I always worked with the idea of branches in mind. Most Clans originate in a certain country or village, but at some point, either actual members of it or their offspring (who maybe weren't named after the clans e.g. illegitimate children, mothers not keeping the clan name etc.) come to another country/village, thus spreading the KKG there.

With my current Yuki character, I've established Konoha's Yuki Clan as a much smaller branch from the original, and because of that, they have a difficult (at best) relationship with the original Kiri-Yukis.

A Clan Discord sounds fine too, but I don't see why the spread of KKG couldn't happen naturally or accidentally.
Back to top Go down
Brett
Brett

Some Site Lore Vide
PostSubject: Re: Some Site Lore Some Site Lore EmptyWed 09 Apr 2014, 8:33 pm

But doing as Trav has proposed would make for a simple history and timeline for characters to approximate their histories to more accurate and consistently. For example; one character could create some massive world event that was happening a year prior in some sort of flashback thread or as some sort of historical marker for their character- but nobody else's character would know that the event took place. It is a slight enough change to simply tell the details, but it will help make the overall adhesiveness of the community's role-play more secured to the same universe; as opposed to making it seem as if we are all in different worlds.

What I believe will be claimed that we are left to infer what we wish from the given history of the villages we live in and based off previous site events (that newcomers would most likely not know about). I'm also going to say that I think at some point this was of some consideration to staff, or it's been mentions some time in the past.
Back to top Go down
Captain Konoha
Konoha Nin
Captain Konoha

Some Site Lore Vide
PostSubject: Re: Some Site Lore Some Site Lore EmptyWed 09 Apr 2014, 9:30 pm

While I agree, it would also in a way limit what people can do, seeing as I was forced to stick to a certain story when I made my Kaguya, same thing going for the whole appearance and marking in my case. It is rather limiting to have to follow a certain background. That said, if it would not be enforced and merely given to the people who have a hard time coming up with a history, I guess there should be no problem.
Back to top Go down
BK-201
Kumo Nin
BK-201

Some Site Lore Vide
PostSubject: Re: Some Site Lore Some Site Lore EmptyThu 10 Apr 2014, 12:11 am

Why a clan spread couldn't happen naturally: Because at their heart, the villages are military installations. They are not going to let their weapons just "wander off" to become a part of an enemy installation; they're going to hunt that shit down to take it back, or destroy it.

See, the problem with things as they are is that they make no sense. If the Hyuuga are a Konoha based village, there is no reason Konoha wouldn't be expending every effort to eliminate or recapture the bloodline users in the other hidden villages. Further more, there's no logical reason that a Kiri Hyuuga should know any of the Hyuuga jutsu, given that all the clan jutsu are in the clan library, which is to say, in Konoha?

Guys, I'm not saying every single clan character would HAVE to reference this shit in their history. I'm saying it gives them a REASON to be diverse, spread out in their origins. "You're a Nara character, but say you were born in Suna? Nara is a Konoha clan." "Clan Concord." "Ah, carry on."

Nomsayin mother fuckers?
Back to top Go down
lifeanddeath
lifeanddeath

Some Site Lore Vide
PostSubject: Re: Some Site Lore Some Site Lore EmptyThu 10 Apr 2014, 3:40 am

Firstly, lets reaffirm the fact that US exists as an AU [for those ignorant of such terms that stands as Alternate Universe] outside of the main Naruto Storyline, to what degree is never clearly established, I've always run with the assumption that the key events surrounding Hogoromo and Kaguya Ōtsutsuki still happened but their relevance to present events ends with the establishing of chakra, the creation of Ninshuu and Ninjutsu, beyond that there's too much subjectivity and too many unknowns about their background to safely establish it.

It's safe to assume that villages were formed by the groups of clans banding together and what have you, but beyond that each village has an established history that I guarantee you most people don't take into consideration when writing their character background and further I doubt most moderators remember to make comparisons between the two. I wont say that US does not need some form of global back story in terms of where it differs from established events, but the general consensus is an assumed version of how the Naruto Universe would have played out if you essentially removed all Canon Characters. Kinzou Watagari brought an end to the Namigakure conflict and became the first Mizukage while officially formed Kirigakure, Daichu Kumogakure (strong name props to whoever wrote that) joined a small settlement in the lightning country and eventually usurped the leader and became the Shodai Raikage and Konohagakure's history is simply written as the ending of warring clans with Yuigon becoming the first Hokage (mind you I just took a brief dip in the history topics so my details may not be 100 percent), but regardless the histories are there and if you dont know where to look, I doubt any new members actually look at them and further, they could probably all [with the exception of Kirigakure] use a fair bit of updating.

Continuing with the concept of an AU, in the Manga all the clans have a standard basis [namely being Konoha as it exists as a focal point in the story line]. Where the Alternate Universe comes into play is that these clans although the initial focal point for the gathering of Shinobi in the pre-village era, are not written to be localized anywhere, specifically in the location section of the template. This of course means that anyone can make a clan member from any village without being bound to a specific village. Largely the clans themselves lack a US Canon [note a difference from actual Canon] history, now there's a strong chance this is mostly because of general staff laziness, but more to the point it's just a bit of arbitrary detail really. However, because they lack history and are widely available in any of the Shinobi Nations it is safe to assume, much like Chris established that there are branches of each clan within each village because there is no US Canon established home for these clans. As far as I am aware by US dictation none of the Canon clans are dictated to one specific village therefor whilst they may still be of the same family they are free to live in any location without stipulation.

With that being said, there is no reason to assume that by US Canon a clan spreading could not happen by natural occurrence because these clans were around long before the villages were established and [u]before[u] they became 'military establishments' and most importantly not every clan member of every clan gains access to their clan abilities and further, not every one becomes a Shinobi. There's no real reason to establish a need to explain the variance of clan Shinobi given the status as an AU and the lack of dictated clan origins.

Further, although they may be military instillation, one can not assume that the government of each village will act as it did in canon.

Back to top Go down
lifeanddeath
lifeanddeath

Some Site Lore Vide
PostSubject: Re: Some Site Lore Some Site Lore EmptyThu 29 May 2014, 11:56 pm

Given the entire lack of response on this, I am going to go ahead and solve it.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Some Site Lore Vide
PostSubject: Re: Some Site Lore Some Site Lore Empty

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
-