Ultimate Shinobi - A Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Could this help boost activity?

View previous topic View next topic Go down
Cross
Cross

Could this help boost activity?  Vide
PostSubject: Could this help boost activity? Could this help boost activity?  EmptyTue 22 Apr 2014, 11:41 am

Now, it's not blind to any one that things have been slow here for a bit; specially in Kumo's light. The proposal I have will more than likely get shut down the moment others eyes grace the suggestion; but hear me out on this.

Konoha/Kiri/Kumo are the only 'villages' offered here, with one being the more dominant, Kono, and the other lacking severely, Kumo. Kiri is somewhat in the middle between the two and I can't really commit on the activity since I have never really been apart of that village since being on this site.

Other sites have at least 5 villages to offer, usually smaller ones like Ame, or Iwa. I think Iwa was offered here once, right? Not really sure to be honest.

Anyway!

My proposed question, would it make it slightly better if people had better choices of villages? I know if it does come around to being added, kage apps would have to be made, village exclusive jutsu as well as new boards to post in but, if it would help the forum, would it seem a somewhat viable option to do?

Any other suggestions to boost activity would immensely help.

Edit: Just forget the added villages since I don't think Staff would want to implement it even if others wanted it.

The main focus of this thread should change to Kumo to help it out some to get it going in a good direction. :/

Last edited by Cross on Tue 22 Apr 2014, 1:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Aaron
Aaron

PostSubject: Re: Could this help boost activity? Could this help boost activity?  EmptyTue 22 Apr 2014, 12:14 pm

Your suggestion seems highly illogical. How will opening more villages increase activity? If anything, all it will do is stretch what active member base we have across more villages, resulting in less roleplaying and bringing the whole site to a standstill. Most people suggest this idea simply because they like the idea of roleplaying in a more unique village, without thinking of the long term effects that opening another village, whether minor or major, would have on the site. Personally, I don't think this is a good idea.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ultimateshinobi.com
Cross
Cross

PostSubject: Re: Could this help boost activity? Could this help boost activity?  EmptyTue 22 Apr 2014, 12:25 pm

It all depends on how it's handled, honestly.

Active Kages can do a lot when power is given to them. Personal plots for their villages and such. Some of the reasons villages fail are for that reason, and just having an inactive kage doing a horrible job on what they're supposed to do. It was a mere suggestion lol. Just like FCs can influence a certain story, villages could have a certain background that people would like to Roleplay in.

The site is somewhat on a standstill, at least from what it's been doing in the past in my eyes.(Kumo still struggling sadly :/) I didn't mean for it to come off as "Let's open 3 more villages for lawls." It would be more like "1 more village to give options." Because honestly, it takes a bit more creativity to RP out of Konoha in my opinion since Canon puts so much information out there on the village.

If anything other than the villages getting added, something needs to be done to help out Kumo. It's a shame that Rp'ers there are struggling when the rest of the site is somewhat having active threads.
Back to top Go down
Captain Konoha
Konoha Nin
Captain Konoha

PostSubject: Re: Could this help boost activity? Could this help boost activity?  EmptyTue 22 Apr 2014, 1:59 pm

Like I told Adam and Darius, I came up with a plot that can be launched at any time and can from that point on be elaborated on further. It kind of fell silent, but the way I had it planned, you can launch them in succession, seeing as I would personally like to be a part of it if we decide to go through with it. I'm not explaining much, I get that, but if people really want to know what it is about, I can write it down here and elaborate =P
Back to top Go down
Cross
Cross

PostSubject: Re: Could this help boost activity? Could this help boost activity?  EmptyTue 22 Apr 2014, 2:08 pm

In all honesty, if it has to do with getting some "oomph" over there, or in the site in general; I don't think it should be kept secretive lol. So share away, Verg.
Back to top Go down
Captain Konoha
Konoha Nin
Captain Konoha

PostSubject: Re: Could this help boost activity? Could this help boost activity?  EmptyTue 22 Apr 2014, 2:55 pm

My idea was made for Konoha specifically, though I can potentially come up with something similar for Kirigakure and Kumogakure if they are willing to become a part of it and eventually tying it up for something more site-wide. I can elaborate a whole lot more if I really need to, though this is basically the outline of what I have written up in Microsoft Office: Word.

The idea was simple:

-------------

Stage 1:
The Festival of the dead is hosted in Konohagakure (and possibly other villages if they want) to remember the fallen and those that helped build up their great village. Introducing special missions that award a small amount of MP that can be done once a week (Meaning higher ranked shinobi can do more due to each rank having a mission or two), small events within the village and more social opportunity to work certain things out like the death of IC relatives, let your character work out some dark stuff / let go of the past, etc etc. In short, this will primarily be used as an opening for the whole thing. Because some people may or may not like this stage, Stage 1 will continue until Stage 2 is done and Stage 3 starts. 

Stage 2:
After the mini-events that take place during the festival, a tournament is held to show the civilians a bit of the village's military power by having shinobi fight each other one on one (Working on a couple of team-based combat games). At this stage, people will be competing for cool prizes, something we can elaborate on if we make it a site-wide thing. For this, I have two ideas.

- Make it an All-Villages Tournament.
- Make it so that all villages have their own tournament while the finalists from the various villages eventually fight one another for the main prize and fame. 

To keep things from dropping to a level where activity is non-existent, I propose that people fill out a sign-up template where they will also be forced to agree to a specific rule as they participate. This rule will be the 48h rule, allowing the people in the Tournament to land their hit and end the fight on their terms if the opponent fails to post in time [This can be talked about by the two people participating] and keep the tournament from falling into inactivity. This does not have a clear time as to when it will end due to the human factor and the fact that I can't foresee when all of these fights will be over. For obvious reasons, death is not enabled during these fights and a squad of miracle-working medical nin will be present at all times to patch up any kind of wound. 

I would also request that staff or myself comes up with some IC prizes, kind of like staff did during the hidden temple event where people could get Raijin's drum, Suijin's shield, etc etc, seeing as such things are often more welcome than just an Exp prize or a free SC. This would be something anyone would be able to use, so I suggest it scales with one's rank, seeing as every full Rank (A, B, C) will have their own fighting pool.

Stage 3: 
Unlike the previous two stages, this one is far less controlled and will thrive on larger groups of people becoming a part of it. At this point, a special, former shinobi Boss will be introduced that is trying to unlock leylines in certain spots of the world, places that are strongest at places where there is a lot of chakra present at all times, meaning the Great Villages will be the spots to hit. Like I said before, I made these events for Konoha specifically, though the other villages can be tied into it. This boss will start by introducing himself before starting his jutsu at the top of the Hokage mountain, creating a barrier that is incapable of being broken due to it spawning several avatars / demons that are powered by the energy of the leylines and will start to slowly destroy the village. Launching a couple of mini-events where a band of shinobi will need to kill one of these demons, every dead avatar/demon removes one of the seals on the barrier until the barrier eventually drops and reveals the Boss. At the start of this stage, the festival and the tournament will be over due to the demons breaking everything down at a rapid pace. This stage will be over once all of the Avatars are brutally murdered. 

Stage 4: 
The final stage of my string of events, this would be a topic for higher ranking shinobi (S / A ranked) where they fight the Boss and keep him from activating the leylines and systematically destroying all life on the planet so he can restart the world with himself as it's absolute god, ruling over a world of his direct descendants. This will be the kind of fight that can not be done by just one or two people due to the levels of OP I am stacking on our main Boss.

For all B rank and below shinobi, small missions will be opened where they need to kill lesser demon spawns that still wander around the village and try to destroy things at a slower rate than the demons from Stage 3. 

In the end, I would suggest that the people participating in the final stage (The main Bossfight) can get a prize, something along the lines of an extra social SC that will be something like this:

Captain wrote:
"Because [Insert Name] helped prevent the end of the world by fighting and defeating [Final Boss], they are known all over the world as a savior of mankind. As a result, [Insert name] is both feared and respected for the strength he/she has shown when it was needed most."

Once all of this is done, the string of events will be done. The Kage can from this point fill in a Stage 5 if they want, basically allowing people to do missions along the lines of rebuilding the village and re-establishing their dominance in the land by rooting out criminal organizations and Nukenin that might feel like now would be the time to attack the village in it's moment of weakness. This is just an idea that will be up to the respective Kage to decide. 

-------------

Finally, I would like to stress the point that none of these will be enforced, so if someone doesn't want to become a part of this, they will not be drawn in and forced to take part in something they'd rather not do. This is both because of my own personal preference and because of the way other people have been complaining about not liking to be forced into anything.
Back to top Go down
Cross
Cross

PostSubject: Re: Could this help boost activity? Could this help boost activity?  EmptyTue 22 Apr 2014, 3:14 pm

Surprised
And why was this held away from the public e.e

I can see a bit of a few issues with the other villages numbers, but it could be a little boost for the whole site. It would also allow the practice of combat which is really needed for being such a social site more than anything.

I actually like that you somewhat included nukenin in there too even though it was minor. xD

It would really fit in with Kumo/Kiri getting new kages as well.
Back to top Go down
Captain Konoha
Konoha Nin
Captain Konoha

PostSubject: Re: Could this help boost activity? Could this help boost activity?  EmptyTue 22 Apr 2014, 3:28 pm

I imagine that during the last two stages, Nukenin "could" participate, though I am not sure if they'd want to be known as the good guys. They could go around making things worse during the whole Monstermash that goes on in Stage 3, though I will leave that up to the large Nukenin memberbase Wink

As for the first stage, I made missions that are particularly made to keep outside threats from entering the village during the hectic festival so security breaches will be kept at a minimum. As a Nukenin, you could collaborate with someone that is taking on such a mission to add a sense of realism to it. Again, up to our massive Nukenin memberbase Razz
Back to top Go down
Cross
Cross

PostSubject: Re: Could this help boost activity? Could this help boost activity?  EmptyTue 22 Apr 2014, 3:38 pm

Oh the nukenin could be able to pick a side I would imagine. Or do the 'demon' side as well as maybe 'push' the village-nin to get some sort of rebellion going on with the whole event.

I generally like the idea; it's strong enough for a site-wide plot in my views.
Back to top Go down
Ace
Ace

PostSubject: Re: Could this help boost activity? Could this help boost activity?  EmptyWed 23 Apr 2014, 12:00 am

I don't really see this as the solution. Opening more villages or other villages will not increase activity. And a plot will not bring sudden activity. It might for a bit, but then the plot will just end horrible because people will not proceed to post at the same speed or because they go inactive. In my opinion, I think that Kumo should get involved in some kind of plot so they are basically forced to migrate wherever they wish. Leaving only two villages open, which ever are the most active. So that the villages got more people and at least look a bit more active. And hold off from opening another village until everything gets better.

Bringing a new Raikage will yes get some activity at first. But then it will drop again because that's just how it is in Kumo unless there is someone who is willing to remain there and be devoted to keep bringing more people to join the village.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ultimateshinobi.com
Anna
Anna

PostSubject: Re: Could this help boost activity? Could this help boost activity?  EmptyWed 23 Apr 2014, 12:54 am

I think activity is truly just low at the moment because of school work; we're in the "end of semester stress zone" at the moment because finals are coming up. It could also be because many states/countries are beginning to see signs of spring so after being cooped up all winter people are starting to head outdoors. I am honestly not sure if a plot would truly boost activity because you need devoted/active members to make a plot truly work of course. Question is, do we truly have a good sum of overall active members who can post daily or at least once every two/three days? The site itself has slowed down mainly because school, work, and other life events going on. Perhaps once summer hits we will see another activity boom.

Not saying that a plot isn't a terrible idea, because it truly may help, but I bet it will honestly be drawn out due to people not being able to post very quickly and of course if we have a slow plot then people will be upset over that as well. Opening another village up is honestly not the best idea in my opinion because Kumo is suffering as it is, Kiri is average, and well there's Konoha. I don't think it would hurt to offer some sort of exp bonus that says "topics made in Kumo obtain +1% exp bonus" or something of the sort. This may drawn in more members to travel/move there for at least the month. This would boost their activity and aid all parties that attempt to RP there.

Just an idea.
Back to top Go down
Tsumi Buredo
Tsumi Buredo

PostSubject: Re: Could this help boost activity? Could this help boost activity?  EmptyWed 23 Apr 2014, 1:40 am

Insert shameless asking for an undeserved Kage position here.
Back to top Go down
Cross
Cross

PostSubject: Re: Could this help boost activity? Could this help boost activity?  EmptyWed 23 Apr 2014, 2:48 am

Seika, they tried to make something for kumo for the "monthly objective" thing and it didn't really work out so well. Kumo has always been in a rut, it was - decent- when I was apart of it. With the new Raikage made, I was expecting it to boost some, but there really hasn't been anything going on. :/

The whole adding new villages can be dropped the this thread can simply be to get activity in kumo. It's not right for people to make characters there only for things to die. :l

Plots can help out, but the people taking part cannot go inactive, which is why plots were horrible in the past. I personally like Vergs idea, and it could be altered slightly.
Back to top Go down
Anna
Anna

PostSubject: Re: Could this help boost activity? Could this help boost activity?  EmptyWed 23 Apr 2014, 4:16 am

Oh, I missed that memo. Hmmm.
What if we took the festival idea and applied it to Kumo. The Raikage could make his grand announcement if he wants and when doing so - he extends the offer that anyone who joins Kumo from a different village would get a rank increase despite the amount of points people have. Also, if the ninja is a Jounin or Seinen already they would offer to add them to his personal council instead of rank up. This would include allowing them to learn Kumogakure's special techniques even and behind the scenes maybe a bonus of 10exp or 20AF could be added. Just throwing around ideas lol.
Back to top Go down
Wind
Wind

PostSubject: Re: Could this help boost activity? Could this help boost activity?  EmptyWed 23 Apr 2014, 4:26 am

Honestly, what Cap'n suggests is the only thing that will bring activity to a site, even if it isn't his exact scenario. There needs to be a new mod slot created, a "Conflict Mod" slot. Without conflict, there is no game. As fun as social topics can be, they grow stale very fast. An RPG requires story, and for a story to be interesting, there simply must be conflict involved. There needs to be Heroes and Villains and the struggle to see good triumph over evil. Otherwise we're all just running in circles, chasing our own tails in search of something to actually do.

Character driven plots are fun, many people create their characters with a path they want to take towards character development and growth. Those are fine, those are fun, but those are pretty much just short stories written with very little chance for failure. This site needs action, it needs villains, and it needs danger. There needs to be the random element of horror and conflict which makes you wonder if your character will survive the upcoming battle, or if your loved ones might fall victim to a plague. This place has none of that now. Adding stories with villains people can either unite to fight against, go after solo (And possibly die in the process) or, even abandon their village and join is exactly what we need here.
Back to top Go down
Captain Konoha
Konoha Nin
Captain Konoha

PostSubject: Re: Could this help boost activity? Could this help boost activity?  EmptyWed 23 Apr 2014, 2:40 pm

I don't think most of you read the big post I made v__v

Still, thanks for backing me, Wind and Cross.
Back to top Go down
Anna
Anna

PostSubject: Re: Could this help boost activity? Could this help boost activity?  EmptyWed 23 Apr 2014, 7:30 pm

I somewhat read it before but I just read it more thoroughly and I like it.

Not sure how I feel about the 48hr rule, maybe if the rule were a 96hr rule it would be better and less pushy. I like to post but I dont like to feel pressured to post because it often makes me post less. However not have a time would make people post less often and slow things down so I do not disagree with having an allowed time frame.

I think together, you and staff team, you could all create wonderful items everyone will enjoy and strive for so that doesn't seem like a bad idea in my eyes. That part of the event can flop though if people don't think the items are interesting. Maybe if they don't want items there could still be an offer for so many exp/af or free sc. That way people could choose one or the other.

Not sure how I feel about the boss part so no comment lol. Im not saying it's a bad idea I just don't know what to say about it so im neutral on the matter.
Back to top Go down
Captain Konoha
Konoha Nin
Captain Konoha

PostSubject: Re: Could this help boost activity? Could this help boost activity?  EmptyWed 23 Apr 2014, 10:16 pm

Well, thanks for the helpful feedback none the less ^^
Back to top Go down
lifeanddeath
lifeanddeath

PostSubject: Re: Could this help boost activity? Could this help boost activity?  EmptyMon 16 Feb 2015, 10:43 pm

Solved due to thread inactivity.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Could this help boost activity? Could this help boost activity?  Empty

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
-