Ultimate Shinobi - A Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Lightning [Finished]

View previous topic View next topic Go down
Captain Konoha
Konoha Nin
Captain Konoha

Lightning [Finished] Vide
PostSubject: Lightning [Finished] Lightning [Finished] EmptyMon 28 Apr 2014, 2:33 am

Name: Denkoudama |  Lightning Sphere
Type: Ninjutsu 
Range: 5m
Element: Lightning
Description: After forming the required hand seals and channeling lightning chakra into the palm of the hand, it is shot into a chosen direction at a speed equal to that of a flying kunai. Controlling the sphere from a distance, the user remains immobile. If control over the sphere is broken by whatever means, it will explode instantly. Though they fly in a straight line, it can be stopped at will and made to hover in place. When the user wants it to, it can detonate the tennis-ball sized sphere, creating a two meter diameter lightning discharge. Those caught in the blast of electricity will find their bodies invaded by the chakra of the user, passing through the nervous system and slowing down the rate at which information passes to and from the brain, slowing down their reaction time by 10%. These effects last for a single post, ending at the start of the opponent's next post. 
Chakra Cost: 6cp

Name: Raikou Tomonari | Lightning Resonance
Type: Ninjutsu 
Range: 5m
Element: Lightning
Description: Used shortly after Denkoudama, the lightning chakra is enhanced and split into two equally powerful spheres. Maintaining the same size and as the Denkoudama, the size of the lightning discharge is increased to a four meter diameter on both spheres. Those caught in the blast of electricity will find their bodies invaded by the chakra of the user, passing through the nervous system and slowing down the rate at which information passes to and from the brain, slowing down their reaction time by 25%. These effects last for a single post, ending at the start of the opponent's next post. 
Chakra Cost: 15cp

Last edited by Captain Konoha on Thu 01 May 2014, 4:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Captain Konoha
Konoha Nin
Captain Konoha

PostSubject: Re: Lightning [Finished] Lightning [Finished] EmptyTue 29 Apr 2014, 8:31 pm

To explain why these jutsu are Medical and Ninjutsu is because of the fact that they specifically target the bio-electric signals in the body of the one they hit, rather than having piercing effects. The other is that the jutsu creates a very thin line of lightning chakra that can cut through almost anything in it's path, being a mixture of lightning chakra and the kind of chakra control only medical shinobi possess. I hope that explains most of it.

Also, if these get approved, can they be added in a new spoiler called "Medical" under the Lightning jutsu section? thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
lifeanddeath
lifeanddeath

PostSubject: Re: Lightning [Finished] Lightning [Finished] EmptyWed 30 Apr 2014, 8:36 pm

General: Honestly, I fail to see as to how these techniques are or should be classified as medical given their current descriptions. The 'Bio-Electric System' of the body is merely a generic blanket term for the effects of specific system(s) within the body which control or dictate a number of bodily functions. Generically written, all Lightning based techniques impact said 'system' of the body generally resulting in more severe forms of numbness. That being said your techniques fail to adequately describe how these effects are achieved. For the technique to be medical it would need to impact the body's system in a specific manner.

Secondly, all of your techniques need to make sure to denote the usage of hand seals to create each technique and then a further seal to dictate the detonation effect.

Thirdly if you wish to maintain an at will control of the ball's travel distance and subsequent detonation the techniques need to be treated as a channel based technique and thus, like Ranton [Storm Release] techniques require the user to remain immobile to maintain said control.

In a minor enforcement of rule, there was no reason nor need for you to double post when you can simply edit your post, something to keep in mind next time.

Raikou Tomonari: Given the minimal chakra difference between this technique and the parent technique [Denkoudama], you need to make a choice between either, increasing the chakra cost to fifteen and keeping the effects or remaining at 10 CP and keeping only one.

Raikou Kusari: The effect of the line alone is A rank without including the ability to trigger the previous techniques through the usage of the balls. See above about chakra cost.

Back to top Go down
Captain Konoha
Konoha Nin
Captain Konoha

PostSubject: Re: Lightning [Finished] Lightning [Finished] EmptyThu 01 May 2014, 4:55 pm

1. Removed Raikou Kusari, I have no use for it at the moment, so I don't see the point in stalling the rest of the techniques over something I don't need yet. 

2. [Denkoudama] Added the channeling and that the user needs to remain in a stationary position, implied that hand seals are indeed required to be formed and made them Ninjutsu. I figured the medical bit would be needed to justify how the technique affects the human body, but if that is not a requirement, it is not needed. 

3. Tried to describe how the technique affects the body in a different way, though I don't know a whole lot about the nervous system, so I hope it's adequate.
Back to top Go down
lifeanddeath
lifeanddeath

PostSubject: Re: Lightning [Finished] Lightning [Finished] EmptyMon 12 May 2014, 6:32 am

I apologize for the delay on this *saunters vaguely towards intro section and points at my topic*

• General: Alright, something I should've addressed last time but failed to so as an error on my part, I quite honestly how the application of Lightning Release (medical or otherwise) can be used to reduce reaction time in the most basic sense. Disruption of neurological symptoms wouldn't by direct stipulation solely cause degradation of reaction time.

Secondly, as I said on your other technique, given that there is no real ability to judge reaction time beyond a standard baseline there is by extension no way to justify exactly how far a fifteen to twenty-five percent reduction would extend.

Back to top Go down
Captain Konoha
Konoha Nin
Captain Konoha

PostSubject: Re: Lightning [Finished] Lightning [Finished] EmptyMon 12 May 2014, 5:27 pm

I agree.

Feel free to archive this thread, i'll try to make something else and try to recycle what I have here.
Back to top Go down
lifeanddeath
lifeanddeath

PostSubject: Re: Lightning [Finished] Lightning [Finished] EmptyMon 12 May 2014, 6:26 pm

If you agree then why make it in the first place ? scratch

Archived for the obvious reasons.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lightning [Finished] Lightning [Finished] Empty

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
-