Ultimate Shinobi - A Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Affliction

View previous topic View next topic Go down
Strawberry
Strawberry

Affliction Vide
PostSubject: Affliction Affliction EmptyThu 29 May 2014, 5:02 am

Name: Fickle Ghost - Kimagurena yūrei
Range: Personal
Description:
Isobu, as a human being, is projected by Ophelia's mind into the physical world like a hallucination, a ghost. The Sanbi's true from is too vast and terrifying to be projected, so her mind, as a coping mechanism, projects him as a human being.

{E RANK}
After closing a deal with the Sanbi, the Kimagurena Yurei contract allows Ophelia to project the Sanbi into the physical world. The Sanbi will take on the form of a person. This person has no physical substance; as such it cannot interfere with the real world by touching objects or people. It's like a ghost only Ophelia can see and hear. Instead of hearing or seeing the Sanbi inside her head, she can see him as a person standing next to her. This jutsu can only be used if the user has trained all stages of the Lucid Dream State. The conversations, unlike in the LDS, happen in real time, and not in seconds, which is one of the downsides of this affliction.

The harm this affliction causes at E rank, is next to non-existent. Ophelia can call the Sanbi forth and send it away whenever she pleases. The only thing that could be a problem, would other people seeing her talking to herself.

{C RANK}
The Sanbi now can appear whenever it wants. It can be sent away after some effort from Ophelia's side. She slowly loses grip with reality.

{B RANK}
The Sanbi now comes and goes as it pleases. While she can still send him away, which leaves her tired and breathless, Ophelia can no longer shut out its voice. 

{A RANK}
Isobu is now always present. He can no longer be sent away; disappearing is solely his choice. He is also able to take over Ophelia's body, as in, possess her and control her movement and speech.

Long-Term Effects:
Ophelia will gradually question her own sanity and be deprived of sleep, for she will fear for the lives of those around her and her own.
Chakra Cost: N/A
Word Count Requirement:
E-D: 400 words
C: 600 words
B: 1200 words
A: 1600 words
S: 2000 words

Code:
[b]Name:[/b] Fickle Ghost - Kimagurena yūrei
[b]Rank[/b]: E-A
[b]Range:[/b] Personal
[b]Description:[/b]

[u][i]{E RANK}[/i][/u]
After closing a deal with the Sanbi, the Kimagurena Yurei contract allows Ophelia to project the Sanbi into the physical world. The Sanbi will take on the form of a person. This person has no physical substance; as such it cannot interfere with the real world by touching objects or people. It's like a ghost only Ophelia can see and hear. Instead of hearing or seeing the Sanbi inside her head, she can see him as a person standing next to her. This jutsu can only be used if the user has trained all stages of the Lucid Dream State.

The harm this affliction causes at E rank, is next to non-existent. Ophelia can call the Sanbi forth and send it away whenever she pleases. The only thing that could be a problem, would other people seeing her talking to herself.

[i][u]{C RANK}[/u][/i]
The Sanbi now can appear whenever it wants. It can be sent away after some effort from Ophelia's side. She slowly loses grip with reality.

[i][u]{B RANK}[/u][/i]
The Sanbi now comes and goes as it pleases. While she can still send him away, which leaves her tired and breathless, Ophelia can no longer shut out its voice. Isobu, also, can now physically touch her (but only Ophelia). While not able to actually hurt her, he can push and pull her with enough strength to throw her to the ground.

[u][i]{A RANK}[/i][/u]
Isobu is now always present. He can no longer be sent away; disappearing is solely his choice. He is also able to take over Ophelia's body, as in, possess her and control her movement and speech.

[b]Long-Term Effects:[/b]
Ophelia will gradually question her own sanity and be deprived of sleep, for she will fear for the lives of those around her and her own.
[b]Chakra Cost:[/b] N/A
[b]Word Count Requirement:[/b]
E-D: 400 words
C: 600 words
B: 1200 words
A: 1600 words
S: 2000 words

Question: Do I have to train each rank?

Last edited by Strawberry on Fri 13 Jun 2014, 1:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
lifeanddeath
lifeanddeath

Affliction Vide
PostSubject: Re: Affliction Affliction EmptySat 31 May 2014, 12:10 am

As it stands currently, I am going to deny this 'affliction for a few reasons I will list below.

My first and largest grievance with this is the fact that it acts as a sort of 'upgrade' to the Lucid Dream State albeit with detrimental effects. As I have said in the past in regards to another SC you created, I am extremely hesitant to allow for custom enhancements on anything within the Bijū System[obviously this does not entirely extend to related techniques], but even more so on things that are unanimous to all Jinchūriki like LDS.

In further issues, I have a rather hefty problem with this Affliction at a conceptual level. With the Bijū being a sentient being of chakra to impose their mentality on [what I understand to be] a human state would not only be largely viewed as lesser by majority of the Tailed Beasts, but also incredibly disorienting. To further elaborate, the Sanbi by both Canon and US description is largely a docile and mentally deficient creature, thus projecting his mental status into a human form would leave you with little more than a drooling retard as a follower.

My previous point kind of gateways into the fact that, although this is similar to a mental projection via means of insanity or psychotic break, the fact of the matter is that it is not Ophelia's own spirit nor a figment of her imagination that is being projected, but rather an an actual spirit of another being that is fully conscious and could be a friend | ally | enemy to her. Even with the vague detrimental effects, it can act as a help in any situation by any number of means. Since it is not part of her own mentality, it would not be limited to only her knowledge base, so it could allow her access to knowledge that she should or could not know, or or it could act as another set of eyes and ears.

Back to top Go down
Strawberry
Strawberry

Affliction Vide
PostSubject: Re: Affliction Affliction EmptyMon 09 Jun 2014, 11:07 am

Quote :
My first and largest grievance with this is the fact that it acts as a sort of 'upgrade' to the Lucid Dream State albeit with detrimental effects. As I have said in the past in regards to another SC you created, I am extremely hesitant to allow for custom enhancements on anything within the Bijū System[obviously this does not entirely extend to related techniques], but even more so on things that are unanimous to all Jinchūriki like LDS.

This is not an advancement of the LDS. It just seemed logical to me that one would have to train the LDS, because the LDS allows the user to communicate with the Bijuu anytime, and then this affliction takes place but only to Ophelia because she chooses to be influenced by the Bijuu. I can take out the part about LDS if you like.

Quote :
In further issues, I have a rather hefty problem with this Affliction at a conceptual level. With the Bijū being a sentient being of chakra to impose their mentality on [what I understand to be] a human state would not only be largely viewed as lesser by majority of the Tailed Beasts, but also incredibly disorienting

The reason he does this is because of that 'contract' and to be more familiar to Ophelia. It's all psychology, really. See, people tend to trust things that remind them of something familiar. The Sanbi is a big ass, ugly scary, chakra turtle - something unfamiliar to Ophelia. The Sanbi knows this and as such chooses to appear to Ophelia as something more familiar, which is a human. The reason he does that is so that he can eventually escape his prison, or at least control Ophelia to his benefit and drive her insane. #characterdevelopment

Quote :
To further elaborate, the Sanbi by both Canon and US description is largely a docile and mentally deficient creature, thus projecting his mental status into a human form would leave you with little more than a drooling retard as a follower. 

I thought this was a custom site as well with freedom to elaborate and develop things? On numerous occasions in my posts have I stated that the Sanbi is now more intelligent, because he has had numerous interactions with Ophelia, and through conversation and observation his intelligence and ability to articulate himself have improved. It's like he has been exercising his brain. 

Quote :

My previous point kind of gateways into the fact that, although this is similar to a mental projection via means of insanity or psychotic break, the fact of the matter is that it is not Ophelia's own spirit nor a figment of her imagination that is being projected, but rather an an actual spirit of another being that is fully conscious and could be a friend | ally | enemy to her. Even with the vague detrimental effects, it can act as a help in any situation by any number of means. Since it is not part of her own mentality, it would not be limited to only her knowledge base, so it could allow her access to knowledge that she should or could not know, or or it could act as another set of eyes and ears.

The Sanbi will not help her in any way in battles by providing her info on enemies. That is to say, I will not metagame information for the benefit of Ophelia's victory in a battle situation. It is natural that the Sanbi will appear at some point in the form of tails, but he will not tell her about clans he knows or people he has seen and knows things about. So I won't use him as an extra set of eyes and ears, 'cause that would be unfair to the other person. Also, it is more likely that he will try to hinder her in battle instead of assist her, since once Ophelia dies, he will be free to roam around. =)
Back to top Go down
lifeanddeath
lifeanddeath

Affliction Vide
PostSubject: Re: Affliction Affliction EmptyFri 13 Jun 2014, 6:02 am

Alright I am just going to break this down.

Any technique, item or special characteristic that requires something to be learned or mastered before it is an advancement. Given that any form of communication between the Bijū and the host requires the LDS, this regardless of written description exists, exists as an advancement upon the LDS given that it allows for a form of communication with obviously noted detrimental effects. As I have said I am extremely hesitant to allow for custom enhancements on anything within the Bijū System even if it is an affliction that only adheres to your character.

Quote :
    I thought this was a custom site as well with freedom to elaborate and develop things? On numerous occasions in my posts have I stated that the Sanbi is now more intelligent, because he has had numerous interactions with Ophelia, and through conversation and observation his intelligence and ability to articulate himself have improved. It's like he has been exercising his brain.

Let's see. So what you're telling me is that a 1000+ year old creature who's entire personality is exhibited as a 'retarded outcast' who's inherent indifference to the world around him is only disregarded when he is disturbed, at which point he will simply just go back to his docile existence after dealing with whatever interrupted his lengthy 'not-give-a-fuck-athon'; can be influenced by the limited intelligence of a 19 year old girl to such a degree that he's now sentient and capable of conversing with the best of us ? It takes years for Humans to learn how to converse at an adult level, literally years 16+ years for a relatively advanced vocabulary to develop and more if you account for their actual maturity and mentality and the worse part is that some people can barely manage that and you expect a creature with a life span of 'forever' to be able to do it in less than a decade? When he's spent his entire existence being a docile mentally deficient creature?

Were it not for Naruto's 'Toxic Goodwill' Kurama would've largely remained as he had before, essentially a creature of hate. Whilst you can impact one's outlook on life, you can scarcely force a creature to become intelligent when it's incapable.

So by and large my point about both its intelligence and projecting itself into a human form still stand.

Quote :
    The Sanbi will not help her in any way in battles by providing her info on enemies. That is to say, I will not metagame information for the benefit of Ophelia's victory in a battle situation. It is natural that the Sanbi will appear at some point in the form of tails, but he will not tell her about clans he knows or people he has seen and knows things about. So I won't use him as an extra set of eyes and ears, 'cause that would be unfair to the other person. Also, it is more likely that he will try to hinder her in battle instead of assist her, since once Ophelia dies, he will be free to roam around. =)

Actually, if the host dies, then the Bijū also suffers a temporary death (from which they are later reborn, hence unsealed) which is why in numerous instances the Kurama gave Naruto access to his chakra in order to keep his host alive.

Back to top Go down
Strawberry
Strawberry

Affliction Vide
PostSubject: Re: Affliction Affliction EmptyFri 13 Jun 2014, 1:52 pm

Kay, let's see.

You say that this affliction is an upgrade to the LDS. It's no "upgrade" to the LDS, since it loses the bullet-time aspect of it, making it a downgrade. Conversations in the LDS happen in a matter of seconds, whereas with this affliction, they roll like normal conversations.

You're saying that the Bijuu are dismissive of humans so why would they show themselves as humans. The Sanbi is not choosing to project itself in a human form; Ophelia's mind is doing that because the Sanbi's true form is too vast and terrifying to project and would steal any sight from her anyway.

You say the Sanbi is docile, and frankly, stupid. While it is docile, is has been proven capable of speech and comprehension in the canon. Moreover, the treatment it receives by others is the same every Bijuu enjoys. In the link below, he got about as many lines as the 7 tails and 5 tails and they're not considered "retards." The Sage spoke to him equally as the others. So there's no indication he's retarded, in either his actions, nor the way others treat him.
( http://starkana.com/manga/N/Naruto/chapter/572/10 )

You say the Sanbi will act as an extra set of eyes and ears. The Sanbi cannot "know" or see anything more than what its host can know or see, and thus cannot provide a tactical advantage in combat. Furthermore, it is a projection. That is, it's not unlike an image projected on the wall. It may be able to "see" the area around it, but only because Ophelia can see it. If Ophelia can't see it, the Sanbi can't either.
Back to top Go down
MsMoney
Wanderer
MsMoney

Affliction Vide
PostSubject: Re: Affliction Affliction EmptyFri 04 Jul 2014, 5:25 pm

-  Lucid Dream State is the only way a Jin communicates with a Bijuu.  That is how it is and that is how it will be.  

-  I am unsure of just how this 'projecting' works.  Truly the Bijuu should not be able to appear in front of her or outside of the 'mind's world', so this only seems like a mental defect to me.  That she only imagines seeing and talking to him.  Unless of course you have a really good explanation on just how she can 'project' him into the real world where they can chat and have a good time.  Your character doesn't possess any specific abilities which would allow for such a thing to happen if I am not mistaken.  Honestly, I don't know if anyone would be able to do such a thing.  

-  If you have a problem with the Sanbi being a dumb brute, then perhaps you should have picked a a Bijuu that was described as bit more of an intelligent creature.  It is fairly simple to just read over the descriptions on this site, and there it clearly says:

Spoiler:

We -don't- follow everything that happens with the manga or anime, that is already a widely known fact.  Here on US is the beast described as a mute and it is a simple brute which relies on the host to think for it.  Such things don't just change in a matter of a year or two.  If you'd want him to be affected by his host, you'd need to have them interact for -many- years.  So, I will agree with Trey that you character simply cannot 'make him' more intelligent just from their very short life together.  This is after all a beast that has been a mute brute for a loooooong time.  

So seeing this general description of the Sanbi within the Bijuu rules on this site, I cannot even begin to imagine how they are going to be chatting randomly as he will be projected into a human form.

Unless of course, as I said before, this will all simply be her imagination as she is slowly going crazy?

So unless this -is- just her having a mental defect, then a second mod on this site now says that this affliction is denied.  If you'd like to change this somehow so that it reflects only Ophelia's imagination then please go ahead.  However, if you wish to try and argue with me as well on this matter, and therefore argue with -two- staff that agree over the same facts, then I will say just now that it is a lost argument already.

Yes, we on US urge people to be creative and to try and make things which they find fun.  But people are also urged to -listen- when the staff posts their verdicts.  We aren't trying to be unfair or mean with our posts, we are trying to establish order and a certain 'line' for everybody to walk along but nobody to trip over.  It might seem unfair some of the judging done on the site, but I guess it feels unfair for anyone when they don't get approval right away for something they truly believe is good and should work.  In order for everything to be equally fair for everybody, we do have to say no to many things and that's simply how it works when we have to keep the whole mass of people in mind.
Back to top Go down
Anna
Anna

Affliction Vide
PostSubject: Re: Affliction Affliction EmptySun 09 Nov 2014, 9:39 pm

Archived due to Inactivity
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Affliction Vide
PostSubject: Re: Affliction Affliction Empty

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top