Ultimate Shinobi - A Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Nukenin Professions.

View previous topic View next topic Go down
Ace
Ace

Nukenin Professions. Vide
PostSubject: Nukenin Professions. Nukenin Professions. EmptyMon 02 Jun 2014, 7:36 pm

So here I was thinking that Nukenin should also have professions just like any other village ninja. They would be different of course but that's the point.

I was thinking along the lines of "Hired Assassin" or "Bounty Hunters" professions. You know like Kakuzu and whatever. That way Nukenin can also be able to expand their plots, or better their writing. Not to mention this will also promote combat and fun in which Nukenin desperately needs.

I guess this means that a Nukenin can be free to work for whoever they want without having to directly be part of a village. Maybe to take part of a secret plot a village may have or I don't know there could be a lot of use to these professions.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ultimateshinobi.com
Kite
Kumo Nin
Kite

PostSubject: Re: Nukenin Professions. Nukenin Professions. EmptyMon 02 Jun 2014, 7:44 pm

If you look closely at the profession system. Most of the jobs (if not all) have Nukenin counterparts that are given their own titles but the benefits are largely the same.
Back to top Go down
Ace
Ace

PostSubject: Re: Nukenin Professions. Nukenin Professions. EmptyMon 02 Jun 2014, 8:07 pm

Yes but nothing is really made specifically for a Nukenin.

Tbh I don't really want to be a chef. Because if I want to use that in some kind of bad way I will most likely need medic since to kill somebody with food you will most likely use poisons or the sort so yeah.

Saboteur does in some way allow you to know a village's weakside or whatever as it provides pretty much all information of said village you was taking part of the PSN of.

Black Jack Doctor: Again pretty much only falls under the medical specialty.

A Bounty Hunter I guess has the profession to capture fugitives and bringing them back to the village alive. I guess they could have the skill of tracking people easier, and having an arsenal of jutsu that could serve to trap an opponent or constrict them for a significant amount of Ryo.

Meh I don't really know. There could be a few professions that could be added for Nukenin making their RP more interesting so that they aren't always struggling to find something to do.

The point is, that the current professions doesn't really serve well for a Nukenin that is not a medic or does not want to be a chef. Lol

Edit: Actually missed the whole Hired Assasin in the Black Ops section. But still a profession that is like Bounty Hunter can be added imo.
Back to top Go down
Hiruzen
Hiruzen

PostSubject: Re: Nukenin Professions. Nukenin Professions. EmptyMon 02 Jun 2014, 8:27 pm

Now that this is being brought up, I want to also say that Nukenin should not get Exclusive jutsu that others of that Profession that are not Nukenin cannot get. Either they get their Jutsu, they get their own jutsu and not ours or we share every single one of them. 

There, it has been said.
Back to top Go down
Kite
Kumo Nin
Kite

PostSubject: Re: Nukenin Professions. Nukenin Professions. EmptyMon 02 Jun 2014, 8:39 pm

I don't understand what the issue is. Nukenin have their own professions. They are counterpart to the offered village professions. You get the same benefits. The issue with professions is that you also need to balance the perks and come up with them for every new professions. If you want to be a bounty hunter and collect Ryo (which is an imaginary and non-existence currency on this site) then you can simply do so in your custom made missions. You don't need a profession to do that.

In your post you just listed two professions that appeal to you, but you seem to be upset that they don't have that one profession that you want. I don't see why there needs to be professions specifically made for nukenin when you are given nukenin mirrors of the village professions. It allows for balanced choice on both sides.

As for the jutsu thing that Vergil brought up. I see nothing wrong with offering exclusive jutsu for both sides. There are things that a nukenin would learn from being on the shadier side of things than perhaps a village shinobi might. The issue is balance. Unless there is something grossly unbalanced I really don't think there needs to be any sort of adjustment made to the system.
Back to top Go down
Ace
Ace

PostSubject: Re: Nukenin Professions. Nukenin Professions. EmptyMon 02 Jun 2014, 8:41 pm

How can you be part of something and know all the jutsu and out of nowhere forget them Verg? -.-

Anyways another point I wanted to talk about would be about a Nukenin that did not start in a village. How can I train for a profession like Saboteur if the person was never IC in a village and never really took part of the PSN? Does that means I can't train that profession because there is no way I would be able to know their jutsu/secrets because I was never part of them?

The same goes if a genin goes Nuke. He won't be able to train the profession because he is already out of the village and never reached B rank there to train the profession. For this very reason there should be specific ways of getting this profession without really having to be part of a village. Or just make some professions that will be specifically for Nukenin.
Back to top Go down
TwinnyPuppy
TwinnyPuppy

PostSubject: Re: Nukenin Professions. Nukenin Professions. EmptyMon 02 Jun 2014, 8:45 pm

Strange Ace wrote:
For this very reason there should be specific ways of getting this profession without really having to be part of a village.

Under the descriptions for each profession are the "profession entry" missions, which are what you complete in order to gain the profession now. For the most part, village and nukenin have two separate missions (monks being the exception).
Back to top Go down
http://captaintigglesworth.tumblr.com/
Cross
Cross

PostSubject: Re: Nukenin Professions. Nukenin Professions. EmptyMon 02 Jun 2014, 8:58 pm

Strange Ace wrote:
How can you be part of something and know all the jutsu and out of nowhere forget them Verg? -.-

Anyways another point I wanted to talk about would be about a Nukenin that did not start in a village. How can I train for a profession like Saboteur if the person was never IC in a village and never really took part of the PSN? Does that means I can't train that profession because there is no way I would be able to know their jutsu/secrets because I was never part of them?

The same goes if a genin goes Nuke. He won't be able to train the profession because he is already out of the village and never reached B rank there to train the profession. For this very reason there should be specific ways of getting this profession without really having to be part of a village. Or just make some professions that will be specifically for Nukenin.

I'm kinda agreeing with Ace here. While the current professions are alright. They are just "Slightly evil" Titles of the originals they come from. Nukenin exclusive professions sound really nice and can/should be very doable. It shouldn't be hard to come up with them in staff or in this thread.

You could have a double agent Kabuto-esque type profession.
Someone who leaks information about villages and other important things.

It can easily happen, just takes staff to get on it and actually do it.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: Re: Nukenin Professions. Nukenin Professions. EmptyMon 02 Jun 2014, 9:05 pm

Lol. How does one train to be a double agent? Do you get taught to betray the person that's teaching you?

"Aha teacher, I was studying under the... uhh, the other teacher all along!"

"You have learned well, my student. Here is your double agent diploma"
Back to top Go down
Cross
Cross

PostSubject: Re: Nukenin Professions. Nukenin Professions. EmptyMon 02 Jun 2014, 9:08 pm

Chris wrote:
"Aha teacher, I was studying under the... uhh, the other teacher all along!"

"You have learned well, my student"

Lol'd. That got me lol.

You wouldn't "Train" it. You would go through it ICly with either social topics, or a mission where you have to go through a village with an act as a village ninja to get a headband? I'm just throwing random stuff out there, haha. It's better than just saying "No. Nukenin can't have this because they're not apart of a village!"

Why not have some things exclusive to nukenin?
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: Re: Nukenin Professions. Nukenin Professions. EmptyMon 02 Jun 2014, 9:11 pm

I can see a sort of general Mercenary Profession, which depending on your character and the Kage of the respective village that has hired you, would entail things like spying or just acting as a disposable but useful pawn. But that kind of relationship can be established IC.
Back to top Go down
Hiruzen
Hiruzen

PostSubject: Re: Nukenin Professions. Nukenin Professions. EmptyMon 02 Jun 2014, 10:16 pm

Kite wrote:
As for the jutsu thing that Vergil brought up. I see nothing wrong with offering exclusive jutsu for both sides. There are things that a nukenin would learn from being on the shadier side of things than perhaps a village shinobi might. The issue is balance. Unless there is something grossly unbalanced I really don't think there needs to be any sort of adjustment made to the system.

Currently, said balance is not there. People that are in a village get jutsu, people that leave a village get them too. If it happened IC that like, a Jounin who was a PSN in the village and defected got both jutsu, sure, why the fuck not. When it comes to pass that someone who has always been a Nukenin since creation of said char gets both because they can bullfuck the system and make up some background story about how they were in the PSN before their history said they defected, that's where I would draw the line. So yeah, people need to either make 0 exclusive jutsu for those in the village or those that went Rogue, or make them actually exclusive so one side can't get the other's jutsu. 

@Ace
It's not about knowing stuff and forgetting them at all, it's about one side getting exclusive jutsu the other side does not get, and that strikes me as an unfair benefit. That said, if we want to talk about suddenly forgetting shit, lets talk about Profession changing, seeing as you'd "Forget" all those former profession jutsu all the same. So yeah, nuff said about that.
Back to top Go down
Cross
Cross

PostSubject: Re: Nukenin Professions. Nukenin Professions. EmptyMon 02 Jun 2014, 10:40 pm

Hiruzen wrote:
When it comes to pass that someone who has always been a Nukenin since creation of said char gets both because they can bullfuck the system and make up some background story about how they were in the PSN before their history said they defected, that's where I would draw the line.

I don't think anyone has placed a profession in history.. I could be against the rules for all I know. Erh, well it should be. Professions are earned ICly not by saying "He was apart of blah blah blah."

I thought that in my case, going for Sab, I would only be able to use the Nukenin variant of the jutsus. I'm pretty positive that a nukenin from creation/ or a village ninja that hadn't joined the PSN before defection, cannot learn the village exclusive jutsu unless they are taught or join while in a village. /kanye shrug/ Making one having no exclusive is a bit..well redundant, it wouldn't make Sab any different than a regular PSN. Nukenin don't have rules to follow, or should have any morals so it would make sense for their "jutsu" of the profession to be a bit twisted and darker in a sense. It's much better than a nukenin that has never been in a village in their span of time and waving around the konoha shield jutsu.
Back to top Go down
Hiruzen
Hiruzen

PostSubject: Re: Nukenin Professions. Nukenin Professions. EmptyMon 02 Jun 2014, 11:09 pm

Well yeah, but the way things are now, you'd get those jutsu + exclusive Nuke-jutsu. So yeah, there is no real balance there. 
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: Re: Nukenin Professions. Nukenin Professions. EmptyMon 02 Jun 2014, 11:40 pm

It's hard to believe that Cross was actually on staff.

You cannot start with a profession. Regardless if you claim to have been a Medical Ninja since you were two or since you were fifteen, you will have to request and attain the profession IC, via an evalled topic. So no Vergil, you can't hack, cheat, abuse the system - whatever - in order to get both.

The only way to get both exclusive jutsu is to be in a village (IC), then become a Nukenin (IC) or vice versa (IC). It actually makes a lot of sense for you to have both of the exclusive jutsu - you once protected the village, so you should know, better than anyone, how to sabotage it.

Regardless, can we return to the original point of the thread please?
Back to top Go down
Ace
Ace

PostSubject: Re: Nukenin Professions. Nukenin Professions. EmptyMon 02 Jun 2014, 11:45 pm

Tbh the real point of this topic had been answered. As I overlooked a few things in the professions. I believe Eric and Alex had covered whatever I needed to think this is solved.
Back to top Go down
TwinnyPuppy
TwinnyPuppy

PostSubject: Re: Nukenin Professions. Nukenin Professions. EmptyMon 02 Jun 2014, 11:58 pm

In that case, solved.
Back to top Go down
http://captaintigglesworth.tumblr.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nukenin Professions. Nukenin Professions. Empty

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
-