Ultimate Shinobi - A Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Gankotsu, Son of the Soil [Finished]

View previous topic View next topic Go down
Hiruzen
Hiruzen

Gankotsu, Son of the Soil [Finished] Vide
PostSubject: Gankotsu, Son of the Soil [Finished] Gankotsu, Son of the Soil [Finished] EmptyMon 02 Jun 2014, 11:34 pm

Gankotsu, Son of the Soil [Finished] Gankot10
"Gankotsu"
-Son of the Soil-

Name: Gankotsu | Rockfist
Appearance: Appearance wise, Gankotsu looks like a more humanoid version of an ape, complete with clothing and a face that has well defined red warpaint around his jade green eyes, giving him a rather intimidating look. His hair stands up, reminiscent of a lion's manes. In terms of physique, Gankotsu is quite muscular, though not a lot of that can be seen through his thick brown fur. Having a fairly long brown tail with a white tip, he can pick things up or even reach for and use small weaponry when his hands are busy. His chest is covered by a chest-piece made out of the fur of a white tiger. Around his neck is a red scarf that falls all the way down to his tail. His fists are bandaged from his fingers to his elbows, clothed up even further with red gloves and ornamental wrist-guards made out of metal. In the ornamental trend, Gankotsu also wears a single shoulder-plate on his left shoulder, wears ornamental boots, knee-guards and a tasset that come with a red and gold sash. This sash has a small depiction of a golden lion with jades as eyes in it's center. Every piece of his ornamental armor is a mixture of gold and red in color. The same lion depiction can be found on almost every piece of ornamental armor he wears. Gankotsu stands at a height of 2,02m and weighs about 130 kilograms, making him into a strong, fierce and durable ally.
Personality: Gankotsu is a proud one, so proud that he will beat the one who will try to beat those that attempt to step on his pride. He does not like to be called a monkey, insisting that he be called by name or be called an Ape. As the youngest of three sons born into the family of the Monkey Sage King, Gankotsu has every right to be proud. The reason why he won't hesitate to verbally or physically assault someone for stepping on his pride is because of the fact that he is the youngest of three, always having to prove himself at every turn in the eyes of his family, as well as himself, not wanting to fall short in comparison to his brothers. Being known as the son of earth, he considers earth to be the most power and versatile of all natural elements, his title being given to him by the Sage king himself because of his strong affinity to the earth itself. Like the earth, he is a sturdy and durable person that one can rely on when in need of help. Despite his all too present pride, he has a powerful heart and an appreciation for the smaller things in life. Being hard working, genuine and determined, Gankotsu knows what needs to be done, and in his doings, he can come off as rigid and bossy, wanting to do everything right the first time, something coming off as intimidating to other. All together, he is a formidable opponent and a reliable ally.  
Contract Type: Personal
Species: Ape
Specialty: Ninjutsu
Elemental Affinity: Doton | Rock
Summons Jutsu: 

Academy:
D rank:
C rank:
B rank:

Last edited by Hiruzen on Tue 19 Aug 2014, 9:06 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Hiruzen
Hiruzen

PostSubject: Re: Gankotsu, Son of the Soil [Finished] Gankotsu, Son of the Soil [Finished] EmptyThu 05 Jun 2014, 12:24 am

Ready to be checked.
Back to top Go down
lifeanddeath
lifeanddeath

PostSubject: Re: Gankotsu, Son of the Soil [Finished] Gankotsu, Son of the Soil [Finished] EmptyThu 05 Jun 2014, 7:22 am

General: As the summoning system acts right now a B - rank summon is only capable of possessing nine total jurtsu, not the thirteen or so that you possess.

Hokori Bunshin : I fail entirely to see how a clone constructed out of loosely formed earth (i.e 'dust') is flamable to the degree that would allow it to become a 'small blaze' when ignited.

Tsuchikou Ri-chi: Reduce the range to 5 meters. You need to better dictate the size parameters of the technique, simply ' large enough to completely envelop and crush a human sized target' is scarcely an accurate and detailed form of measurement.

Sarusaka: Reduce the range to 5 meters. Once again you need to better dictate the size of the whole construct.

Back to top Go down
Hiruzen
Hiruzen

PostSubject: Re: Gankotsu, Son of the Soil [Finished] Gankotsu, Son of the Soil [Finished] EmptyThu 05 Jun 2014, 2:44 pm

The thirteen or so jutsu he has are only because he has the Academy jutsu, and I was always told that those do not count towards those 9 jutsu.

I called it dust because it is, well, dust. Ash does not suddenly combust when one clicks their teeth either, ash is not flammable either, yet in the narutoverse, there are two jutsu that do just that, Mist Waltz and Burning Ash Accumulation. This is a flammable dust because that is what I want it to be, the Narutoverse allows at least that much the last time I checked. Not everything needs to be scientifically explained, cuz' Chakra.
some flammable "mostly" earthen materials that can cause a fire hazard in dust form:

Range reduced to seven meters because for a B ranked jutsu like this, making it;s maximum range be only five meters is way too little, also, there is no plausible reason to make it shorter than seven meters because it is not just another C ranked jutsu. There are plenty B ranked jutsu that are stronger and have bigger ranges, so yeah.

Range reduced.
Back to top Go down
lifeanddeath
lifeanddeath

PostSubject: Re: Gankotsu, Son of the Soil [Finished] Gankotsu, Son of the Soil [Finished] EmptyThu 05 Jun 2014, 5:39 pm

I hate to burst your bubble, but until such a time as the system is updated you must adhere to the nine technique limit.

I'm not sure if you realize the flaw in your logic behind utilizing a Katon based technique as rationale for a Doton based technique or you just want to give me the opportunity to correct you. A. Mist Waltz, is a flammable gas and thus entirely irrelevant here and a rather asinine technique to be brought up in this context. B. Alright, to some degree I will give you the Burning Ash Accumulation technique. In a entire universe of Katon based techniques that make sense, you have this one that largely acts on a strange tangent from the normal rules. The way that elements are divided up on US I would be more likely to class this as a 'Smoke' technique, but that's largely personal opinion. However, I once again must return to the fact that you are attempting to utilize a Katon technique as reasoning for why a Doton technique should be flammable.

In the entire reference of Canon, only Katon or Katon-related elements have been able to combust, explode or ignite in the strictest sense. Nor do I see a reason as to allow a Doton technique to do so given that no other Doton technique is shown to be capable of doing so.

And you're right, not everything needs to be scientifically explained, but everything does need to make rational sense in some form of scientific reasoning. Nearly (and I say nearly just in case I am wrong) every technique in the entire universe of Naruto can be explained on some degree of scientific ground (even if it is only by means of a loose rationalization) because chakra has it's own set of rules which largely intercedes with the application of most scientific laws. Chakra is not some magical outlet that lets you escape the need to reason or explain and the sooner you accept this fact, the easier your approval process will be.

And for the record, most of your 'earthen materials' are metals and all of them are largely so meagerly represented in the natural soil that it would be hardly flammable.

Once again, reduce the range of Tsuchikou Ri-chi to a maximum of five meters. Given that it has impressive offensive and defensive application, I see no reason to allow an extension of the range, especially when it appears that you must control or manipulate the technique (correct me if Im wrong but it wont really change my verdict).
    Range reduced.

Back to top Go down
Hiruzen
Hiruzen

PostSubject: Re: Gankotsu, Son of the Soil [Finished] Gankotsu, Son of the Soil [Finished] EmptyThu 05 Jun 2014, 5:47 pm

For the final bit, I would like to say that the whole reason behind me wanted a slightly bigger range is because of it being a channeled technique. He already has to channel the technique, and channeling a 5m range technique is rather silly.
Back to top Go down
lifeanddeath
lifeanddeath

PostSubject: Re: Gankotsu, Son of the Soil [Finished] Gankotsu, Son of the Soil [Finished] EmptyFri 13 Jun 2014, 4:01 am

I disagree. You get the offensive and defensive capabilities and a relatively sizable range to manipulate it in. Thus I stand by my original moderation.

Also Sarusaka will need to be under similar limitations in regards to controlling or manipulating and range.

Back to top Go down
Hiruzen
Hiruzen

PostSubject: Re: Gankotsu, Son of the Soil [Finished] Gankotsu, Son of the Soil [Finished] EmptyTue 19 Aug 2014, 9:08 pm

Removed everything that was problematic and made it so he is no super generic like every other Summon on the site. The stuff I had made would be weaker than our Canon jutsu, and that's not worth it for me.

All jokes aside, these Summon systems that have been in the works should really be re-opened and looked into again. It's been six months since I last heard anyone say a word about finally updating summons and I still have an S ranked summon that has to wait until people finally rectify the problem with summon dimensions/size and biological poisons/physical strengths.
Back to top Go down
Ace
Ace

PostSubject: Re: Gankotsu, Son of the Soil [Finished] Gankotsu, Son of the Soil [Finished] EmptyThu 21 Aug 2014, 6:40 am

Seeing as everything has been changed or edited out whatever caused any problem concerning its approval I will go ahead and approve this for training.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ultimateshinobi.com
Anna
Anna

PostSubject: Re: Gankotsu, Son of the Soil [Finished] Gankotsu, Son of the Soil [Finished] EmptySun 09 Nov 2014, 9:34 pm

Are you still training this?
Back to top Go down
Anna
Anna

PostSubject: Re: Gankotsu, Son of the Soil [Finished] Gankotsu, Son of the Soil [Finished] EmptySun 16 Nov 2014, 9:13 pm

Archived: Request to have Unarchived
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gankotsu, Son of the Soil [Finished] Gankotsu, Son of the Soil [Finished] Empty

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
-