Ultimate Shinobi - A Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Mission Question

View previous topic View next topic Go down
BK-201
Kumo Nin
BK-201

Mission Question Vide
PostSubject: Mission Question Mission Question EmptySat 05 Jul 2014, 3:22 pm

I can already hazard a guess at the answer, but suppose you're in the midst of a mission, and simply establishing the groundwork for it, much less getting into the "hazard pay" part of it, is taking more posts than you expected; would it be possibly to retroactively increase the mission rank, provided such events have not occurred to already firmly establish the mission as of a lower rank?

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
BK-201
Kumo Nin
BK-201

Mission Question Vide
PostSubject: Re: Mission Question Mission Question EmptyFri 11 Jul 2014, 6:49 am

Mother fuckers gonna make me lose my mind up in here Mission Question 287405
Back to top Go down
Keos
Keos

Mission Question Vide
PostSubject: Re: Mission Question Mission Question EmptyFri 11 Jul 2014, 7:13 am

I believe that would be possible, but I'm not sure how that would work since I don't exactly know what happened in your mission.
Back to top Go down
Brett
Brett

Mission Question Vide
PostSubject: Re: Mission Question Mission Question EmptyFri 11 Jul 2014, 7:20 am

I'm going to imagine that the logic will be as follows:

You were approved a mission; your choice to go above and beyond with your character developing semantics was your own. Therefore, you will still only receive the mission points for the initial request, and the mission rank shall stay the same.

That is, if I know moderators.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

Mission Question Vide
PostSubject: Re: Mission Question Mission Question EmptyFri 11 Jul 2014, 1:24 pm

Hmm my problem with having such a system would be that when multiple people are in a mission topic, they tend to go above the required posts, since so many posts are used up on character development, dialogue, intros etc.

So the only thing I would be weary of would be if people are doing a mission together, and since they went over the post requirement, they request that the mission be ranked up so that their posts aren't "wasted". It would just be a nice way of exploiting the system, and I don't think the mod would reject them on the basis that they're doing so.
Back to top Go down
BK-201
Kumo Nin
BK-201

Mission Question Vide
PostSubject: Re: Mission Question Mission Question EmptyFri 11 Jul 2014, 5:04 pm

In my case, me and Ashin were simply going to clear out some cultists. B-rank mission. 5 posts of characterization later, we still haven't even stepped outside the village walls yet, much less gotten into the actual meat of the mission. At this rate, we'll probably get a grade that amounts to 1 point per post.

My logic is, since we haven't gotten to the actual "fighting some cultists" part of the mission, we could reasonably upgrade it, so long as, when we actually reach upon the cultists, the challenge of taking them out is RPed in such a way as to reasonably depict an A-rank challenge.

Basically, what I was getting at was allowing this sort of thing, so long as the actual mission objective had not yet been begun upon, and following the rank increase, the objective was then to be RPed in a way that reasonably merited the rank.
Back to top Go down
NuclearTreerat
NuclearTreerat

Mission Question Vide
PostSubject: Re: Mission Question Mission Question EmptySat 12 Jul 2014, 12:46 am

Probably not a good idea for the reasons said above. Plus I've seen C-ranked missions have a bigger post count than S-rank because 2 characters really got into the whole RP bit. Biggest reason of all though - the better developed the mission via extra posts the better the chance of maximizing those discretionary 10 points on the evaluation.
Back to top Go down
Strawberry
Strawberry

Mission Question Vide
PostSubject: Re: Mission Question Mission Question EmptySat 12 Jul 2014, 3:27 pm

Brett wrote:
I'm going to imagine that the logic will be as follows:

You were approved a mission; your choice to go above and beyond with your character developing semantics was your own. Therefore, you will still only receive the mission points for the initial request, and the mission rank shall stay the same.

That is, if I know moderators.

I do this all the time, and I don't care, because #characterdevelopment.

But sure, Travis' idea sounds nice.
Back to top Go down
Cross
Cross

Mission Question Vide
PostSubject: Re: Mission Question Mission Question EmptyTue 29 Jul 2014, 11:22 am

Can this be solved?
Back to top Go down
Persy
Kumo Nin
Persy

Mission Question Vide
PostSubject: Re: Mission Question Mission Question EmptyTue 05 Aug 2014, 1:50 am

In terms of Travis' idea, I do believe it has merit, but again, I am going to agree with Nuclear who stated that by creating more opportunities for characterization, you're simply maximizing your return in regards to EXP points, rather than Mission Points. As you said, you haven't even left the village, so how could that increase one's MP collection?

But, "Yay!" for going above and beyond! Enjoy your thread.
Back to top Go down
Anna
Anna

Mission Question Vide
PostSubject: Re: Mission Question Mission Question EmptyMon 29 Sep 2014, 9:33 am

Solved.
Minimum post count was recently removed from all missions; any claims involving the number of posts per mission are therefore null and void. Although the suggestion is truly one to consider, any attempts to go above and beyond what is required in the mission will mostly affect your overall 10/10 score but now, due to the new "Evaluation Guide", there is the possibility to obtain bonus points during a mission as well. Overall, mission grades will remain the same once approved.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mission Question Vide
PostSubject: Re: Mission Question Mission Question Empty

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
-