Ultimate Shinobi - A Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Guide Clarification

View previous topic View next topic Go down
TwinnyPuppy
TwinnyPuppy

Guide Clarification Vide
PostSubject: Guide Clarification Guide Clarification EmptyTue 12 Aug 2014, 5:00 am

Since the guides are in dire need of re-wording and clarification, this thread is here for you to let us know what it is that you feel needs to be explained better or clarified. Note that this does NOT include any system changes for the time being and is purely about making sure the guides are as clear as possible.

On that note, please don't use this topic to hold a conversation about any of the guides - ONLY post with questions pertaining to any rules that may not be answered properly or by stating what you think needs to be answered/clarified.

This thread will be updated and locked when the re-writing is all being done so that we can make sure to tackle what has been said, but will be opened back up afterwards in case there are still some things missing from the guides.

Have at it, I guess?

Things mentioned in this thread:
  • Travel System - re-organize, clarify waiting times, etc
  • Ultimate Shinobi Systems - re-organize/re-write entire thing

Last edited by TwinnyPuppy on Tue 12 Aug 2014, 11:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://captaintigglesworth.tumblr.com/
Faker
Nukenin

Guide Clarification Vide
PostSubject: Re: Guide Clarification Guide Clarification EmptyTue 12 Aug 2014, 5:19 am

Well you already know, dem travel rules are confusing. The problem is the rules say you have to travel with a travel topic, but it doesn't tell the writer that you can't instantly be in a place on your first post. It just says you have to make a topic.

Quote :
As an example, if you were travelling from the Fire Country to the Earth Country, you would have to wait two whole days before being able to create a post within the Earth Country.
It implies the actual travel is done by simply waiting the limit of 24 or 48 hours, because it doesn't specify what that post within the Earth Country is.

Quote :
Waiting periods start immediately after your first post within the topic.

What topic? What is this part talking about? I have to wait when I start my travel thread?? I don't know.

Quote :

Be warned that while travelling, you are unable to post within any new topic, whether it be within the current country you're in or the target country you're heading to until your waiting period is over.

Now its telling you that while youre traveling (posting in a travel thread) you can't post in the place you want to be. That's confusing because one, you already gave an example that if I waited 48 hours Id be in my location. Two, if someone has a delay in posting in a travel thread, you cannot role play. You can only finish older topics.

Quote :
Be warned that while travelling, you are unable to post within any new topic, whether it be within the current country you're in or the target country you're heading to until your waiting period is over. However, in realization that some topics take longer to complete than others, you may finish and/or continue posting in any previous threads in your country of origin providing you do not begin any new topics.

Even if i misunderstood everything, it should be cleared up to say:

"When traveling to a country you must post a travel thread, detailing the journey from A to B. You cannot post in any new threads for one or two days depending on distance from A to B. This gives you time to finish older threads that may be moving slower. You cannot post newer threads unless the travel thread is completed."

A lot of guides are full of fluff, I find myself reading over things two or three times and not understanding. This technically means all of my social threads after Aug are invalid, but how is that my fault if my partner had to take a break from posting? But since they were modded, it means the mods don't adhere to the rule -or at least know them well enough- to point it out to me.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

Guide Clarification Vide
PostSubject: Re: Guide Clarification Guide Clarification EmptyTue 12 Aug 2014, 1:58 pm

http://www.ultimateshinobi.org/t3098-ultimate-shinobi-s-systems

This all needs to be rewritten. Not one section of it, but the whole thing. It's horribly organised, most of it is poorly written and a huge chunk of it is pure fluff.
Back to top Go down
lifeanddeath
lifeanddeath

Guide Clarification Vide
PostSubject: Re: Guide Clarification Guide Clarification EmptyTue 12 Aug 2014, 3:54 pm

That's on the list
Back to top Go down
Faker
Nukenin

Guide Clarification Vide
PostSubject: Re: Guide Clarification Guide Clarification EmptyWed 13 Aug 2014, 2:41 am

Quote :
Training for multiple Special Topics can be done in the same topic, but [b]must be done in the same post.

http://www.ultimateshinobi.org/t13951-guide-special-characteristics
Back to top Go down
Anna
Anna

Guide Clarification Vide
PostSubject: Re: Guide Clarification Guide Clarification EmptyWed 13 Aug 2014, 2:53 am

Holy cow, that should say separate posts. An admin needs to fix that (because I can't).
Back to top Go down
Jaysus
Jaysus

Guide Clarification Vide
PostSubject: Re: Guide Clarification Guide Clarification EmptyThu 14 Aug 2014, 4:07 am

http://www.ultimateshinobi.org/t8517-guide-sub-specialty-system

Some people can't even get a sub-spec for no one having their skills at A rank.

Solo threads, or some other system that is more reliable would be greatly appreciated.
Back to top Go down
TwinnyPuppy
TwinnyPuppy

Guide Clarification Vide
PostSubject: Re: Guide Clarification Guide Clarification EmptyFri 15 Aug 2014, 5:21 am

TwinnyPuppy wrote:
Note that this does NOT include any system changes for the time being and is purely about making sure the guides are as clear as possible.

I get why you want to propose the change but for right now I'm just going to be cleaning up the guides, so anything that's already in existence but is not made clear is what I'd like mentioned in here.

Do keep that in mind for later on, though.
Back to top Go down
http://captaintigglesworth.tumblr.com/
lifeanddeath
lifeanddeath

Guide Clarification Vide
PostSubject: Re: Guide Clarification Guide Clarification EmptyMon 09 Feb 2015, 12:53 am

Solved.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Guide Clarification Vide
PostSubject: Re: Guide Clarification Guide Clarification Empty

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
-