Ultimate Shinobi - A Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

No Seals - Round 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down
BK-201
Kumo Nin
BK-201

No Seals - Round 2 Vide
PostSubject: No Seals - Round 2 No Seals - Round 2 EmptySun 31 Aug 2014, 2:22 pm

No Seals - Round 2 7395a1980835fff202ba43ed1560737e008e6a7bade1eaecea387141532a2eb8

Calm your titties. Poking fun with the title aside, fighting No Seals is not why I'm here. A question in regards to one particular, No Seals applicable jutsu, however, is why I'm here.

Quote :
Name: Kuchiyose no Jutsu - Summoning Technique
Type: Ninjutsu
Range: N/A
Element: N/A
Description: A powerful jutsu, Ninpo Kuchiyose allows a ninja to summon animals and objects to fight on their behalf. The ninja normally signs a blood contract with the animal species, which allows them to summon different size and skill levels of creature. Signing this contract also allows the animal to reverse summon the human ninja to their location.
Chakra Cost: 5 (C Rank Summon), 10 (B), 15 (A), 20 (S)

Summoning is, technically speaking, a C-rank jutsu. That said, it can be used for the purpose of many different summons. So that in mind, would applying Summoning to No Seals allow one to summon any particular summon; or would they be limited to a Summon of equal rank to the slot taken? Ie, fill up a B-rank slot with Summoning, can only summon a B-rank summon, and so forth.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

No Seals - Round 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: No Seals - Round 2 No Seals - Round 2 EmptySun 31 Aug 2014, 2:59 pm

The jutsu itself is always C Rank. The rank of the technique doesn't change in respect to the summon; only the chakra cost changes depending on what you're summoning.

Thus it would be classified as C Rank under No Seals, no matter what rank of summon you decide to bring out.

However it's practically pointless to make this a No Seals technique, as you still have to bite your thumb (etc.) to actually summon something. The blood requirement is not something you can skip.

Solved?
Back to top Go down
BK-201
Kumo Nin
BK-201

No Seals - Round 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: No Seals - Round 2 No Seals - Round 2 EmptyMon 01 Sep 2014, 4:25 am

So as long as I can discretely get the blood, I could basically drop a 10 to 100 feet large animal on someone's head, with a nice little "Surprise mother fucker?"
Back to top Go down
Faker
Nukenin

No Seals - Round 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: No Seals - Round 2 No Seals - Round 2 EmptyMon 01 Sep 2014, 5:13 am

If all you need is flowing blood, you could bite the inside of your cheek which is impossible to see under a mask.

Then you can summon something out of no where....

mods pls
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

No Seals - Round 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: No Seals - Round 2 No Seals - Round 2 EmptyMon 01 Sep 2014, 2:15 pm

No because where you place your bleeding part, that's where the summoning spawns. From memory the hand is always placed on the ground, and the summoning spawns either under the user or around him, on or very close to that spot, suggesting that the summoning needs a solid surface and cannot spawn on top of or inside (o_o yucky) a human being (or a chakra containing thing).

It's like you guys have never seen the anime/manga.

Solved now? ._.

Back to top Go down
BK-201
Kumo Nin
BK-201

No Seals - Round 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: No Seals - Round 2 No Seals - Round 2 EmptyMon 01 Sep 2014, 3:49 pm

"It's like you guys have never seen the anime/manga. "

Hey, remember that time Jiraiya threw Naruto off a cliff? And he summoned Gamabunta? While he was falling? In mid-air? Or that time Temari summoned a weasel with a swing of her fan?

Both cases are pretty clear "summoned in mid-air" examples, but that's rather besides the point. Regardless of whether someone can work out a discrete way of using a No Seals Summoning, I'm rather looking at the effects; that is, it's a theoretically C-ranked technique that can potentially result in an S-rank effect (ie, summoning an S-rank summon).

Just saying, you wouldn't let people surpass the current limits on No Seals (that is, learn more than 5 C ranks, 2 B ranks and 1 A rank), so why then, allow it unrestrained use of a jutsu that can, in a sense, use up a C-rank slot to expand the SC's effects to 3 B-ranks, 2 A-ranks, and 1 S-rank?
Back to top Go down
Faker
Nukenin

No Seals - Round 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: No Seals - Round 2 No Seals - Round 2 EmptyMon 01 Sep 2014, 4:34 pm

http://narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/477/8
http://narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/214/16

Summonings aren't always exclusive to the surface of the ground.

http://narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/029/17

This was underground.

Maybe you could make it so you need the summoning SC to do the fancy shit with no seals, like mid air/underground summoning. And travis has a valid point since the jutsu is the same rank, just the cost associated is different.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

No Seals - Round 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: No Seals - Round 2 No Seals - Round 2 EmptyMon 01 Sep 2014, 4:38 pm

I will concede that you're right about Jirayia (though he was a legendary shinobi so his example is... not that useful), however in the case of Temari, the thing you are referring to was a Jutsu that was derived from Kuchiyose but wasn't just Kuchiyose (and she smeared blood on the fan, from where the summoning more or less appeared). It was more of a combo between Kuchiyose and the Sickle Weasel Technique. Regardless.

I still don't see what point you're trying to raise. The Summoning Jutsu derives very little benefit (if any) from the No Seals SC. Maybe you shave a second off the casting time, but that's about that. You still create a huge explosion of smoke, still have to bite yourself (etc.) and (let's assume) place you bleeding body part on some surface.

While the S Rank Summoning may be considered an S Rank Effect... not to be rude, but so what? The other person could summon an S Rank summoning of their own in practically the same amount of time.

I really don't see the problem here. I can't decide if you're nitpicking or just trying to raise an issue for the sake of raising an issue.

@Izayah: We could incorporate fancy means of summoning into the Summoning SC. Good idea.
Back to top Go down
BK-201
Kumo Nin
BK-201

No Seals - Round 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: No Seals - Round 2 No Seals - Round 2 EmptyTue 02 Sep 2014, 3:16 am

It was specifically NARUTO that summoned Gamabunta mid-air; Jiraiya only threw him off a cliff.

Mostly, I'm trying to get a second opinion. Having been party to your Raikage app, I have a... Less than favorable view of your opinion, Chris.
Back to top Go down
Monk
Monk

No Seals - Round 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: No Seals - Round 2 No Seals - Round 2 EmptyTue 02 Sep 2014, 5:26 am

With the summoning system being worked on, I'll give my opinion on this. Maybe it should be the rank of the summon should take up that slot for which ever rank they are. What I mean is that although it is a c-ranked jutsu a B rank summon would take up a B-ranked slot. Also if we did like this than when someone applies for this SC they would specify exactly which summon. Also I feel as if it should be limited to one summon or at least one summon per rank.

As for the summon being in mid-air and underground. I hate to limit but maybe we should put in a 5-10 meter range of where the summon can be placed. Not a perfect plan by any means but just some of my thoughts.
Back to top Go down
BK-201
Kumo Nin
BK-201

No Seals - Round 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: No Seals - Round 2 No Seals - Round 2 EmptyMon 12 Jan 2015, 9:10 pm

Fuckers need to get on top of your game. Seeing as y'all decided to remove No Seals, this conversation became fairly moot.
Back to top Go down
Anna
Anna

No Seals - Round 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: No Seals - Round 2 No Seals - Round 2 EmptyMon 12 Jan 2015, 10:43 pm

Excuse you >:0

Solved.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

No Seals - Round 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: No Seals - Round 2 No Seals - Round 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
-