Ultimate Shinobi - A Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

[Event Idea] Swapped Personality AU

View previous topic View next topic Go down
TwinnyPuppy
TwinnyPuppy

[Event Idea] Swapped Personality AU Vide
PostSubject: [Event Idea] Swapped Personality AU [Event Idea] Swapped Personality AU EmptyFri 17 Oct 2014, 7:57 pm

So after a random skype conversation I had an idea. If the title wasn't enough to give it away, it would essentially be an event where your character "swaps" personalities with another.

Essentially the way it would work is when you sign up, your character's name gets put in a randomized list. Then the original list and the randomized list get put side by side and that's the character whose personality you'd have to mimic. It would be held during a specific time period and to make it easier to finish threads and encourage the AU/fun aspect of it, the word count minimums would be scrapped to encourage more fast-paced RPing (not final). You'd probably only get available funds for it since it would be an AU/OOC type event, but hey, money is money. And at the end, you'd evaluate the person mimicking your character's personality for accuracy, and the top 5 will get a bonus reward or something. IDK I'd have to figure it out.

Anyway this is just to see who would be interested and for you to share any ideas you might have to make it better.

Skype convo for reference and funsies:
Back to top Go down
http://captaintigglesworth.tumblr.com/
Captain Konoha
Konoha Nin
Captain Konoha

PostSubject: Re: [Event Idea] Swapped Personality AU [Event Idea] Swapped Personality AU EmptyFri 17 Oct 2014, 8:01 pm

._.
Back to top Go down
TwinnyPuppy
TwinnyPuppy

PostSubject: Re: [Event Idea] Swapped Personality AU [Event Idea] Swapped Personality AU EmptyFri 17 Oct 2014, 8:47 pm

Captain Konoha wrote:
._.

Thank you for your valuable input. Very insightful.
Back to top Go down
Ruka
Ruka

PostSubject: Re: [Event Idea] Swapped Personality AU [Event Idea] Swapped Personality AU EmptyFri 17 Oct 2014, 9:54 pm

I actually love this, there could even be an IC explanation for that like some fart casting Infinite Tsukuyomi-ish illusion on the world or something. Then somehow it'd go away after a while or each character individually could specify how they broke out of it... IDK... Even without IC justification I think it'd encourage for some really creative and fun topics being done. I really like the idea. Can we do this?

It'd definitely spice things up, anything like this is really awesome and I'd love to not only see this event in SummerSlam but also more like it. Nice work.
Back to top Go down
Captain Konoha
Konoha Nin
Captain Konoha

PostSubject: Re: [Event Idea] Swapped Personality AU [Event Idea] Swapped Personality AU EmptyFri 17 Oct 2014, 10:20 pm

I'm not against it you know, it's just that it shouldn't be enforced. It sounds like a funny thing for the people that actually feel like doing it, but it shouldn't be enforced.
Back to top Go down
Jaysus
Jaysus

PostSubject: Re: [Event Idea] Swapped Personality AU [Event Idea] Swapped Personality AU EmptyFri 17 Oct 2014, 10:21 pm

I would dig it a bit more if we got the same EXP benefit as socials instead of strictly AF. It's still Rpin'. But eh, get some more details on it worked out and it would be a decent tide over until a personal plot affects the site coughiknowaplotabouttogodowncough. Still one of the more interesting ideas, I was going to mention one about sex changes and people being under that.

just imagine the guys just messing with boobs. Razz
Back to top Go down
TwinnyPuppy
TwinnyPuppy

PostSubject: Re: [Event Idea] Swapped Personality AU [Event Idea] Swapped Personality AU EmptyFri 17 Oct 2014, 10:52 pm

Ruka wrote:
I actually love this, there could even be an IC explanation for that like some fart casting Infinite Tsukuyomi-ish illusion on the world or something. Then somehow it'd go away after a while or each character individually could specify how they broke out of it... IDK... Even without IC justification I think it'd encourage for some really creative and fun topics being done. I really like the idea. Can we do this?

It'd definitely spice things up, anything like this is really awesome and I'd love to not only see this event in SummerSlam but also more like it. Nice work.

I did briefly consider putting some NPC in that causes it all, but that would need some ironing out to make it interesting. It could always be a Halloween type thing if we get it sorted out soon enough, and it would be the week of. Spooptacular fun for everyone!

Captain Konoha wrote:
I'm not against it you know, it's just that it shouldn't be enforced. It sounds like a funny thing for the people that actually feel like doing it, but it shouldn't be enforced.

I'm not really sure what you mean by "enforced". If you mean forcing people to participate, then no. That's why it would be via sign-up, so only the ones that want to participate would participate. It would be rather silly to force people to be in something they don't want. It would just be something goofy for the people that want a break from the more serious stuff on the site.

This isn't some staff-devised mandatory-participation type thing, it was just a goofy idea I had. XD

Jaysus wrote:
I would dig it a bit more if we got the same EXP benefit as socials instead of strictly AF. It's still Rpin'.  But eh, get some more details on it worked out and it would be a decent tide over until a personal plot affects the site coughiknowaplotabouttogodowncough. Still one of the more interesting ideas, I was going to mention one about sex changes and people being under that.

just imagine the guys just messing with boobs. Razz

As for the EXP rewards, since it would be very OOC, it would essentially be treated the same way the OOC fighting area was. It's not going to have an effect on the actual site "canon", so giving you ranking EXP for it would be a little weird. I could see that happening if like Ruka suggested there was some NPC involved, though.

A rule 63 event could be fun too. XD

Perhaps we could have the event take place at a designated location. For example, a Haunted House where you go in and all the participants' personalities are swapped around at random because of NPC X, and you have to get so a specific part of the building to be released from it? I'll see what options I can come up with. Razz
Back to top Go down
BK-201
Kumo Nin
BK-201

PostSubject: Re: [Event Idea] Swapped Personality AU [Event Idea] Swapped Personality AU EmptySat 18 Oct 2014, 5:34 am

So basically, an event to act OOC. Meh, pass. Not terribly interested in trying to interpret another person's character just so I can replicate it.
Back to top Go down
TwinnyPuppy
TwinnyPuppy

PostSubject: Re: [Event Idea] Swapped Personality AU [Event Idea] Swapped Personality AU EmptySat 18 Oct 2014, 5:42 am

Understandable, I can't expect everybody to be interested. Razz
Back to top Go down
BK-201
Kumo Nin
BK-201

PostSubject: Re: [Event Idea] Swapped Personality AU [Event Idea] Swapped Personality AU EmptySat 18 Oct 2014, 5:49 am

Screw "Freaky Friday" events. Bring on the "Zombie Apocalypse" events [Event Idea] Swapped Personality AU 287405
Back to top Go down
OccupiedLocket
OccupiedLocket

PostSubject: Re: [Event Idea] Swapped Personality AU [Event Idea] Swapped Personality AU EmptyWed 29 Oct 2014, 7:36 am

I actually love this idea, Twinny. Get a chance to think and write differently which can't do anything besides help one's writing. Some sort of exp or funds boost for participants (Not sure how it would work or make sense...) while not making it a mandatory event. Making it AU would avoid our canon being ruined all the while giving something different and fun to do.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: Re: [Event Idea] Swapped Personality AU [Event Idea] Swapped Personality AU EmptyWed 29 Oct 2014, 8:53 am

But what if I get to swap with one of the many awful-personality characters that exist on this site (mine included Razz)? Oh the horror [Event Idea] Swapped Personality AU 815275 I might have to roleplay as a Captain or something, you know?
Back to top Go down
lifeanddeath
lifeanddeath

PostSubject: Re: [Event Idea] Swapped Personality AU [Event Idea] Swapped Personality AU EmptyMon 16 Feb 2015, 10:43 pm

Solved due to thread inactivity.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Event Idea] Swapped Personality AU [Event Idea] Swapped Personality AU Empty

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
-