Ultimate Shinobi - A Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Itaminushi Clan

View previous topic View next topic Go down
Lin
Lin

Itaminushi Clan Vide
PostSubject: Itaminushi Clan Itaminushi Clan EmptyThu 30 Oct 2014, 8:47 pm

Name: Itaminushi (composed of "Itami"=pain and "Nushi"=lover)

Location: The Itaminushi clan was never in one place. Members of it can be found in any land, and living by any name. It is believed on the other hand that the original founder, if it really existed, originated from Kaminari no Kuni (given a higher concentration of clan members), where the static in the air first awakened the pain-lust of the clan.

Signature traits:
What all members share, regardless of the amount of Itaminushi blood in them, is the mentality. They are all sadistic and even masochistic (in that priority order though), to the point of considering pain pleasure. This mentality is the reason why the clan is so scattered, as each member began his own quest for pleasure.

The tradition regarding offsprings, no matter what the other parent was, is for the Itaminushi to stick around just so much that the newborn kid can learn the basic arts of pain, and to be given sealed inheritance(usually a scroll within a tatoo, only accessible upon reaching the age of sixteen) all that his parent had found in his life prior to the birth of the child. Thus, a really complex amount of information is ever passed on, until someone can actually complete his quest, and thus end the ultimate reason of the clan's existence.

Kekkei Genkai:

Sensory amplification. (would really appreciate if anyone could translate that into japanese for me; the translator would not like me well enough to work...)

All clan members are born and live with a much greater sensory cell population than other people. What that means is that all sensations are much more intense to them, this Kekkei Genkai being the very reason of the clan's pleasure and pain based definitory characteristics.

Natively, the amplification is roughly twice. That means, they feel, hear, see, smell and taste roughly twice as intensely(or well, depending how you look at it), but are also twice more exposed to anything that may harm them(searing pain, blinding light, screeching noises, foul smells and tastes).

By training in specific methods of chakra manipulation, members of the clan are able to modify the power of their Kekkei Genkai, with no actual limit (except, obviously, very high amplification means very high exposure to harm, as tingling may suddenly become painful enough to make them faint or even die of pain). Throughout much more complex methods, they can also play around with the nerves of others(although to a much lesser extent). This forced modification will always affect all senses, due to the overly complex chakra manipulation that would be required to modify a single sense (although it is possible in theory).

The science and pesky little details:

History:

The clan's origins are, as mentioned above, thought to be related to the effects of static on one(or even more) founding members among the shinobi of the Lightning lands. The manner in which the clan has spread out understandingly led to the fragmentation and immense diversification of practices, ideas and manners of living amongst the clan members.

The clan's interaction with others at first seems very limited, as most people who met an Itaminushi never found out the actual origin of the clan member, or anything more than a tangential understanding his personality. That said, in truth Itaminushi are much more spread out and many than even they themselves know.

In regard of  events, the chances of anything potentially interesting happening without at least one member to see this as an opportunity to further his quest are really low. Wars and such events tend to attract even more Itaminushi, who will not even refrain from fighting and killing their own kin should they have chosen opposing sides.

Socially, they either prefer to totally stand out, proudly wearing their clan name as a badge of honour, or hide within anonymity to conceal what they think are selfish or wrong lusts. It is certain thought that you should never provoke an Itaminushi regarding anything violent or painful, as they will not shy away to show you who is the real master of those arts.

Jutsu:

Sensory Amplification:

Spoiler:

Pain touch:

Note: the "done" tag is there just to make it possible for mods to understand it's finished. The reason for this is to avoid confusion with the old post in which my [WIP] tag just vanished.

Last edited by Lin on Mon 24 Nov 2014, 3:23 pm; edited 14 times in total
Back to top Go down
Reggie Bell-Bottom Jr.
Reggie Bell-Bottom Jr.

Itaminushi Clan Vide
PostSubject: Re: Itaminushi Clan Itaminushi Clan EmptyFri 31 Oct 2014, 6:55 pm

Jitsuryoku Chiyu (Forced Healing)- All right, so the one thing that I have an issue with is the fact that at C-rank the speed of the regeneration is increased to the point of instantaneous. Something close to instant is the Yin Healing Wound Destruction and that was at A-rank. That was a superficial healing and not healing of organs and what not. I could see if you were able to transfer the pain onto yourself (because that is the basis of the clan) but this variant I could not approve.

Back to top Go down
Lin
Lin

Itaminushi Clan Vide
PostSubject: Re: Itaminushi Clan Itaminushi Clan EmptySat 01 Nov 2014, 11:43 am

old comment:

Well, no one seems to pay this any more mind... I'll just remove my heal then, just in case it was the reason. (I realized it was severely underpowered too)
why underpowered:

Hopefully now may anyone at least tell me, straight, either: "it's OK now" or "go get a canon clan dude, u don't know how to balance stuff".

I mean, waiting with no answer is kinda discouraging.
Back to top Go down
Faker
Nukenin

Itaminushi Clan Vide
PostSubject: Re: Itaminushi Clan Itaminushi Clan EmptySat 08 Nov 2014, 11:16 pm

I got ya today bro
Back to top Go down
Faker
Nukenin

Itaminushi Clan Vide
PostSubject: Re: Itaminushi Clan Itaminushi Clan EmptySun 09 Nov 2014, 3:03 am

First of all nerves are merely informational highways, that is to say, anything dealing with nerves deals with the speed of how impulses travel to the central nervous system. So saying that the sensory is increased by X amount because of finely tuned nerves does nothing to help how the brain takes in these impulses. It would just determine how fast they get there.

Then, there's the issue of "twice of what". It's fine to say the senses are increased, but what is considered twice? In order for this concept to be judged, list ranges of all your senses. If they are normal human senses, list them.

How does your chakra reach to another person to control their brain and increase their sensory perception? This is also open ended, in theory you could pick what senses you wish to increase. Also, the clan doesn't state the ability to decrease, and that could be a viable possibility.

Before we can begin to look at things like jutsu, we must calculate the way this clan works, so it's done in a approvable and balanced fashion.
Back to top Go down
Lin
Lin

Itaminushi Clan Vide
PostSubject: Re: Itaminushi Clan Itaminushi Clan EmptySun 09 Nov 2014, 5:42 pm

old message:

Done. I resumed to giving an actual scientific description aided by easy-to-perform self-experiments in order to get a better idea of what all those statistics and numbers actually mean. Of course, I also took sort of a free reign here and there, but hey, it's fiction, I'm allowed to do such things.

In regards of balance, it seems to me that I chose a more interesting power than I first thought. Kind of that thing like: Can be really strong, but also has gigantic drawbacks. I'll wait for an official point of view though, before jumping to conclusions.
Back to top Go down
Faker
Nukenin

Itaminushi Clan Vide
PostSubject: Re: Itaminushi Clan Itaminushi Clan EmptyWed 19 Nov 2014, 9:10 pm

You can easily take a customized version of sensory, and write so it applies to all your senses. You wouldn't need an entire clan for all of this. I thought you would list them by ranges, honestly.
Back to top Go down
Lin
Lin

Itaminushi Clan Vide
PostSubject: Re: Itaminushi Clan Itaminushi Clan EmptyThu 20 Nov 2014, 4:22 pm

Uh...
Okay, so I'm the only madman around here...

Joking. I made it this way because I anyway knew the details, and because without those details it would still sound way too subjective, so I did all that in order to help grasp the actual limits to my kekkei genkai. Because, keep in mind that level B onwards it includes the modification of others' senses, and that's where the lethal potential of this clan is. (after all, how many clans with Kekkei Genkai w/o lethal potential are there?)

Then, the reason I made it this way is as follows: By making a clan, I can allow myself subsequent similar jutsu as I get more ideas in a much more natural fashion. I also kinda like what I said in this page. (Of course, it may also be because the only alternative for my character than an original clan was Hyuuga, and trust me, you probably don't want to fight an Eijustsu specialized rapier wielder with byakugan)

That aside, is the clan ok now?
Back to top Go down
Faker
Nukenin

Itaminushi Clan Vide
PostSubject: Re: Itaminushi Clan Itaminushi Clan EmptyFri 21 Nov 2014, 4:36 pm

The only way to approve this is if you write your perception bonus in ranges (Xmeters). Like I said, you can accomplish most of what youre doing through a medical spec.

I don't mean to be a hardass, but this clan is either potentially UP and you can just use medical secret jutsu that only you know or is potentially OP. Anything dealing with increased reactions/senses can become borderline OP.
Back to top Go down
Lin
Lin

Itaminushi Clan Vide
PostSubject: Re: Itaminushi Clan Itaminushi Clan EmptyFri 21 Nov 2014, 7:39 pm

Well...
I did my best. It's hard though. Mainly because senses are of subjective nature. If you can give me a list of the sensory ranges of the normal human/ninja to use as example, then I can use that to give you what you want.

If it's not enough, then it's kinda over with the clan anyway. Cue Eijutsu&Weaponry Hyuuga for my character + new story. (my mistake for writing it before having the clan approved; DAMN)

(Sorry if I sound angry or sarcastic. I don't really mean it, it's just because I'm kinda down, as I know the complex stuff but can't simplify it to roleplay terms...)
Back to top Go down
Faker
Nukenin

Itaminushi Clan Vide
PostSubject: Re: Itaminushi Clan Itaminushi Clan EmptyFri 21 Nov 2014, 7:44 pm

Neither can I man. I'd have to be in your brain.

Anyways, basically what you want to state is what increases within a certain amount of range.

"They can see as any normal human, but within X amount of meters the details become extremely sharp"

and just apply that base logic to everything
Back to top Go down
Lin
Lin

Itaminushi Clan Vide
PostSubject: Re: Itaminushi Clan Itaminushi Clan EmptyMon 24 Nov 2014, 3:31 pm

Done.

Dunno how it is, but to me, any simpler would mean actually explaining nothing, and any more complex would lead to the lengthy descriptions I already gave.

Also, to give my own impression of the OP possibility, it does not lie in the pros of amplification. It lies in the cons, when used on enemies. Let's just say that human limits are what they are for our own good. (12 CP for x4 amplification for a B-level... maybe I should increase the cost a little more)
Back to top Go down
lifeanddeath
lifeanddeath

Itaminushi Clan Vide
PostSubject: Re: Itaminushi Clan Itaminushi Clan EmptySat 13 Dec 2014, 12:37 am

I apologize for the delay on this.

I honestly don't see any foreseeable situation in which inflicting the sensory increase on others is balanced to be honest, especially from a distance.

Back to top Go down
US Moderator
US Moderator

Itaminushi Clan Vide
PostSubject: Re: Itaminushi Clan Itaminushi Clan EmptyMon 29 Dec 2014, 10:09 pm

Archived due to obvious reasons.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Itaminushi Clan Vide
PostSubject: Re: Itaminushi Clan Itaminushi Clan Empty

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top