Ultimate Shinobi - A Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Removing Combat Style

View previous topic View next topic Go down
Chris
Chris

Removing Combat Style Vide
PostSubject: Removing Combat Style Removing Combat Style EmptyFri 28 Nov 2014, 4:34 am

I have never been a fan of having a combat style in the application. Here is my reasoning why:

• It's not particularly applicable. At best it's a template or estimate of how you're going to fight, but seeing as each fight is different, just how useful is it? I think most combat styles are restating the obvious, namely, here are my specialities, here are my elements, jutsu and weapons - this is how I might or might not use them, maybe, somehow, somewhen.

• It could easily be absorbed into personality. Since it's so vague in nature, combat style could just be added to your personality. Most people talk about how their characters deal with enemies already, so having a separate combat style seems silly.

• It's a spoiler. US isn't particularly fond of fighting, but assuming that people do read the combat style and make something of it, I think  that it's a detriment to fighting. Yes, we are not supposed to act on things written in the application - that's metagaming, duh. But... people do. All the information you need about another ninja is already available to you. We shouldn't also know how they might actually make use of their skills etc.    

• It's just more stuff to write. I don't think the combat style significantly adds to your character, but (even if small) it is a chore to write. For people who don't want to fight, it might be a turn off. For people who just want to get into rping, it might be a turn off. I also don't think many combat styles are particularly well written, due to their nature. It's just a paragraph filled with a lot of assumptions. After reading it, you're likely to learn nothing meaningful at all.  

I'm not really looking for a big debate. I think it's quite an easy thing to get rid of (or make optional), and as for those who already have it, they can just keep it.
Back to top Go down
Anna
Anna

Removing Combat Style Vide
PostSubject: Re: Removing Combat Style Removing Combat Style EmptyFri 28 Nov 2014, 5:12 am

Combat Style will be removed once an updated version of the Character Template is released. This, however, will not be released any time soon due to the "System Update" that staff has periodically brought up here and there. This said system is currently in rough draft mode (which is why it has not been shared with members yet). Once it is completed and accepted by members then the new template and other updates will be posted along with it. Sorry for the wait but in the meantime, please continue to use the current template ^^

Ps. System is roughly half way complete.

Topic Solved
Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
-