Ultimate Shinobi - A Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Strider [Done]

View previous topic View next topic Go down
Hiruzen
Hiruzen

Strider [Done] Vide
PostSubject: Strider [Done] Strider [Done] EmptyMon 05 Jan 2015, 10:00 pm

Name: Sutoraidā [Strider]
Type: Equipment
Appearance:
Spoiler:
Strider, named after the nickname given to him as a wandering shinobi, is a collection of various pieces of clothing. Composed out of a long black cloak with a fairly high collar, a bandana-styled headband with a blank metal plate so as to symbolize that he holds no allegiance to any village, a green face mask that covers his throat and chin all the way up to his nose and ears and a green sash that goes around his waist and over his shoulder. It is not that hard to figure out that the one who wears this attire wants to keep their identity hidden, even though it will most likely draw a fair amount of eyes towards the wearer.
Storage: Worn over his clothing.
Special Abilities:
The cloak wrapped around around his body has the ability to scramble sensory abilities. Depending on the rank of the wearer and their skill as a chakra sensor, the cloak is capable to make the wearer's chakra signature impossible to read. Though it can still be sensed, no one will be able to tell who the chakra signature belongs to, not even those that have been around it before. Scrambling both passive and active sensory to the point where they will not be able to tell that the chakra signature belongs to Hiruzen, it can not completely block or counter sensory abilities as people will still be able to locate him. All it does is keep people from telling who the wearer might be, making it ideal for those who do not wish to be recognized.
Back to top Go down
US Moderator
US Moderator

Strider [Done] Vide
PostSubject: Re: Strider [Done] Strider [Done] EmptyThu 15 Jan 2015, 7:33 pm

How exactly does the cloak scramble sensory abilities?
Back to top Go down
Hiruzen
Hiruzen

Strider [Done] Vide
PostSubject: Re: Strider [Done] Strider [Done] EmptyThu 15 Jan 2015, 7:56 pm

Well, I asked some other weapon users and went over the rules and saw that weapons and equipment of B rank could have something along the lines of a special ability or chakra channeling. I figured that if there are weapons that can channel chakra through it or have special abilities, a cloak made out of a special fabric that only allows a little bit of the chakra passively used by sensors to sense chakra signatures and in turn does the same to the chakra that passively radiates from the body [through the chakra aura & monstrous chakra capacity] to the point where one will still be able to sense it, but will not be able to tell who the chakra signature belongs to.

Lets say, Person1 has seen Hiruzen's chakra signature before. Now that Hiruzen is wearing the outfit, Person1 can still read his chakra, but won't be able to identify it as that of Hiruzen. If they would encounter a third time, Person1 would be able to read the scrambled chakra and identify it as the cloaked man he has seen before.

I hope that explains things a bit better.
Back to top Go down
US Moderator
US Moderator

Strider [Done] Vide
PostSubject: Re: Strider [Done] Strider [Done] EmptyTue 20 Jan 2015, 4:54 am

A B - Rank Item can either be Chakra Conductive or be made of high quality materials, not have a special ability..
Back to top Go down
Hiruzen
Hiruzen

Strider [Done] Vide
PostSubject: Re: Strider [Done] Strider [Done] EmptyTue 20 Jan 2015, 5:33 pm

Rules on Weapons and Items wrote:
If a weapon of this rank is not chakra conductive it is allowed to be constructed of more advanced materials and by extension possess a wider range of capabilities, such as hidden compartments or otherwise useful tricks and gadgets. With the appropriate area of specialization these weapons may also contain written seals.

What would you consider to be a "useful trick" for a cloak if this is not allowed? Also, what would the appropriate area of specialization be, because it sounds like it is limited to Fuuinjutsu users, even though equipment and items would most closely be affiliated with weapons. I have Ninjutsu and Weaponry, just like someone else who also has B ranked weapons with special items.

I was going with it because other people have been using B ranked weapons with special weapons too, so it seems weird that it gets denied in my case. For instance, there is this one that comes from Yoru's application.

ReturningYoru wrote:
Name:V
Type:Katana
Appearance: The handle of the sword is a simple black on the pommel is what appears to be a demonic looking face. The guard also black has two holes in it shaped like water drops. The blade reaching at 60cm is a blood red while the edge of the blade is a bright silver.
Quantity:1
Storage: On Yoru's left side
Special Abilities:Each time the blade connects with the opponent it drains 4cp

That said, I really have no other way of defending my case, so I hope the above will do.
Back to top Go down
Hiruzen
Hiruzen

Strider [Done] Vide
PostSubject: Re: Strider [Done] Strider [Done] EmptySat 07 Feb 2015, 1:36 am

For now, this can be Archived.
Back to top Go down
lifeanddeath
lifeanddeath

Strider [Done] Vide
PostSubject: Re: Strider [Done] Strider [Done] EmptyMon 09 Feb 2015, 3:56 am

Archived.