Ultimate Shinobi - A Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Kidnapped! [Mission] [Ruka]

View previous topic View next topic Go down
Daedalus
Konoha Nin
Daedalus

Kidnapped! [Mission] [Ruka] Vide
PostSubject: Kidnapped! [Mission] [Ruka] Kidnapped! [Mission] [Ruka] EmptyWed 07 Jan 2015, 6:58 pm

Spoiler:

Mana and Meiko had just stepped off of the boat and onto the Moon country. For Meiko, this was her first time leaving her country of origin. For just a brief moment, she allowed herself to take in the experience. Breathe in the air of another land. Honestly, while it was a small port, Moon was as beautiful as the stories said. The temperature was a bit warmer than back in Konoha, and significantly more humid, but the trade off was the beautiful tropical trees growing along the coast. The sky was as blue as the ocean and stretched as far as the eye could see. Before them, past the port stretched a dirt road leading into a forest of trees Meiko had never seen before. The port itself was small, but was part of a small town. The buildings along the coast were made of stone but soon turned to wood the further away from the ocean they went.

With the moment over, Meiko took in a deep breath and returned her focus to the mission at hand. Turning to Mana, she gave the magician a small smile as she spoke. "Well, I think we should ask around the town. See if anyone spotted three suspicious individuals with a kid in tow. We'll cover more ground if we split up, so you take the eastern side of the village, I'll take the west. We'll meet up in an hour and see what we can do from there, alright?" Honestly, Meiko should not be the one taking charge in this mission considering Mana had seniority on her. Still, she remembered Mana's worries she had spilt when they were on the boat. If she could try and take some of the weight of the mission off Mana's shoulders then she would. All Meiko could do was hope her decision was the right one.

It would not have been wise to just charge off into the woods. They were in a strange land and it would be too easy to just get lost. All they had at the moment were the fact there were three assailants and they were heading to a cave somewhere in this country. Said information had come from a Jonin shortly before his death. His squad had been assaulted by the kidnappers and taken the Genin thinking he was the sole survivor. Said Jonin had somehow managed to return to the village and relay what happened before he succumbed to his wounds. His body was still being examined when Meiko had left so the cause of death was still undetermined.

Splitting up, Meiko moved west while Mana covered the east. Meiko decided that the best place to start would be the port itself. There were only a few docks so it was likely most of the people here were regulars and would notice someone who was out of place. Approaching the first sailor she caught sight of, Meiko tapped his shoulder to get his attention. "Excuse me. Have you happened to notice anyone strange coming through here in the past couple of days. They would have been a group of three adults and one child. The shortest adult would have been leading them." The sailor was a younger man, likely mid-twenties at most. "Can't say I have, although you look rather suspicious. Maybe I should shake you down, what do you think?" Sighing, Meiko just pressed on past him, worried that this attitude would be repeated.

The next few people were not helpful. Either they did not know, tried to hit on her, or both. It was not until she encountered an aged sailor that she finally got a lead. "Konoha shinobi, eh? Don't see your kind round 'ere too much. Me personally, I didn't see nothin' but I know someone who did. Last night in the tavern, ol' Willace says he ferried a few creepy fellas. Had a kid with 'em too. They paid him handsomely and he didn't ask no questions. Might know more too, but you'd have to ask him. Lives on the eastern side of the village I think. Little hut on the cliff, can't miss it." Meiko bowed deeply. "Thank you for your help! You've been of great assistance!" With that, Meiko went running back to the meeting place, it had only been about half an hour but it was better to wait for Mana to return than to run around searching for her.

When Mana did return, Meiko would inform her of where they needed to go next. They could actually see the hut from where they were and the walk would only take a few minutes. Knocking on the door, they were greeted with silence. Knocking harder yielded a clattering noise followed by some angry, drunken shouts. What greeted them at the door was a man in his fifties, half dressed looking as though he just spent the last week in the gutter. The smell of alcohol was so strong it felt like Meiko had run headlong into a wall. "Whaddaya waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaant. I didn ask fur no company tooday..." Meiko stepped up first, hoping that, despite his drunkenness, he might still be of some assistance. "We are not here for your company, we're shinobi of the Hidden Leaf. A Genin was kidnapped and we have evidence that you ferried the kidnappers here. If you could tell us where they went, we would be most grateful."

Unfortunately for the girls, this man was not going to be helpful anytime soon. When he was told they weren't here to 'accompany' him, he broke into a fit of rage, screaming and cursing and flinging spittle left and right. It was likely he would have tried to strike them if Meiko had not mentioned the shinobi part. While his words were incomprehensible, his message was clear that he wished them to just screw off and slammed the door. Sighing, Meiko turned to Mana. "Well... You're more experienced with this sort of thing. What should we do now?"
Back to top Go down
http://www.ultimateshinobi.com
Ruka
Ruka

PostSubject: Re: Kidnapped! [Mission] [Ruka] Kidnapped! [Mission] [Ruka] EmptyWed 07 Jan 2015, 11:42 pm

Finally the journey of probably the most amazing team-up Konohagakure history has ever seen was over. Meiko and Mana, who tagged along to her friend‘s mission at the last moment, could finally explore the Moon Country in search of the kidnapped genin. The country reminded the magician a little bit of Kirigakure, at least the humid island air did, most of the time Kirigakure was covered with clouds and rain and during the appropriate season – snow. This wonderful little island was filled with sunshine and it invited calm and relaxing thoughts.

It was just so unfortunate that the two weren‘t on vacation, in fact, Mana was barely holding it together. She wanted to run, dash forward and fight for the life of the young genin, the poor soul that reminded her so much of Satsuki Uchiha – a girl Mana failed to save in time. This desperation resulted in some sort of brash change inside the girl‘s heart. She felt almost like... She wasn‘t herself. This person who would dash forward and remove all obstacles out of her way wasn‘t Mana – she was emotionally conflicted and the event with the Uchiha girl left a deep emotional scar.

Emotionals weren‘t the only scars on the magician‘s mind. Yesterday during the trip through the Fire Country she also felt sharp pain in the spot she was stabbed in by the Parabrahma member she fought just four days back. While Mana assured everyone around her she was ready just to be given this mission, she was no longer so sure inside. What if this time she will be too late, what if this time she‘ll get in Meiko‘s way because of her injuries? She was irresponsible to take up this mission, she wanted to help this genin, to help Meiko, to get away from „praise Mana“ craze in the village after that huge battle. It‘s not about what Mana wants, when would the magician ever learn that?

I have to assist Meiko, I have to issue orders but... I can‘t... I‘m just too invested, I can‘t make an accurate judgment because if I‘m given command I‘d lead us into certain death and in that case... Certain death of the genin and his intel falling into the wrong hands.“ Mana was afraid inside and she was worried that those fears would become visible outside. Luckily enough Meiko took charge, gave a suggestion to ask around in the village, that‘s not what the Sennin would‘ve suggested, she would‘ve thought it took too much time but... In her case didn‘t everything? Everything Mana did just looked bad to her, everything wasted time! „No! It‘s better I leave it up to Meiko...“ the magician settled and nodded to her friend‘s suggestion.

Mana knew that as far as this mission went her state was unstable, she was ready to do something, something she‘d never do on a normal day and something she‘d regret doing. The magician remembered flashes of a young woman in her own mind during her coma, one called „the Empress“ she looked like Mana‘s mirror image but she was pure evil. That woman killed and maimed and was hateful, all she wanted was power so that she could rule everything. She was just like Ayushi, she wanted to take over the world so that she could make „an ideal one“. Justifying murder with ideals...

Mana wandered around aimlessly, lacking confidence in herself. Why was she still unconfident, what was she afraid of? This “Empress” woman wasn’t her, it was just a sick trick of her scared and confused mind. This mission was tough enough without this emotional struggle but now the magician had that to deal with. “Ummm…” Mana tried to talk with a passer-by, “Hey… I think I saw you somewhere, yer face! Are you some sort of traveling actress or something?” the man spoke. Irritation bloomed in the heart of the young woman, she almost lashed out. Just barely did Mana manage to contain her rage and she ran away blushed.

What the hell is wrong with me? I can’t even make anyone talk to me? I’m afraid of talking to people?!” Mana slapped herself. This mission was supposed to prove her that she could do it, that what happened with Satsuki was just a cruel joke of fate but… The more the magician looked at it the more she understood – she’s just going to fail again. This was just too early to confront this ghost. Her fear of failure was going to ruin her! She wasn’t going to fail because she’s unskilled or because she doesn’t have what it takes, she’s going to fail because Mana was afraid to fail this same way again!

Several more time Mana tried to talk to people but couldn’t. Every time she opened her mouth the magician realized her tone was wrong – it was rushing her, she was about to be rude. Embarrassed by her own incompetency the young Sennin just ran off of the town. She saw Meiko already standing in the meeting place. Mana’s face was all red in shame. “I have to tell her, I can’t do this, I’m going to ruin this for her, my fears of failure are going to doom us and this genin, it’s a safety threat. I need to…

Just as the magician tried to speak Meiko spoke first, she told the young woman about what she found out and that their next lead wasn’t too far away. Her friend then ran off. “Once again I’m too afraid to speak up. Shit! I’m gonna get both of us killed because I’m afraid to do anything! Meiko needs to know I’m going nuts…” Mana tried to scold herself as she followed her friend but she didn’t want to tell her friend she’s incapable for some reason. “She won’t believe me, she’ll just think this is another confidence issue and she’ll assure me everything is alright, she won’t understand…” the young kunoichi realized when she looked at Meiko.

Meiko’s first attempt at talking with the old man was unsuccessful, this was a bump in the road. Something that wasted their time, something that needed Mana to act but… Mana was afraid! “NO! I’m not afraid! I will act up and save this young man, I’ll do better than I did with Satsuki-san, I promised!” Mana said to herself mumbling it out under her own nose like a mad person. She knocked on the door again. The man opened up again spitting out his drunk rambling, his nonsense that kept the two kunoichi from their goal. Mana was not afraid! She shoved him gently, confused man couldn’t understand just what was happening.

Mana made a handseal with one hand and put her hands on the man’s head. “TELL ME WHAT YOU KNOW! I HAVE NO TIME TO WASTE WITH YOU!” Mana’s mind spoke with the man. He was resisting, his will was untouched, he wasn’t wounded or beaten up. His will was strengthened by alcohol. “I ain’t tellin anything to some ninja skank! Get da hell away from my house… Though no need to rush…” the man rumbled out with drunk speech. He was enjoying this! He was enjoying Mana’s interrogation, he was preying on her fear and inaction! Mana remembered the “Empress”, remembered everything she saw the woman do and let the man see it. A violent outburst of gruesome deaths, images of pointless loss of lives.

The man fell on his knees. “I’ll take ya… I’ll tell or take ya anywhere, wherever ya want ta go just… Please… Stop… No more…” Mana snapped out of her outburst of feelings. She was horrified by the sight of a man pleading for his own sanity. “I’m… I’m…” Mana ran off of the little hut and fell down on her knees. Meiko should handle it, at this point Mana will just get in her way, this couldn’t… This couldn’t continue any more. The magician didn’t want to hurt anyone because of her feelings again, the eyes of that man. They won’t leave her memory for a long time.

The magician stood up and walked up to Meiko, she figured that the armored friend would’ve asked the person what she wanted to know. Mana couldn’t hold it any longer. “I’m… I’m sorry.” she said for the man. “I shouldn’t have come, I’m obsessed with what happened to Satsuki-san, I can’t keep myself straight, sometimes I’m afraid to act, sometimes I’m too… If this happens again, punch me, knock me out, anything. Don’t let me ruin this mission or do something I'd regret.” Mana said to Meiko, she didn’t care if the man heard it, he was too drunk to remember anything in the morning.

I’ll tell ya two everything just… Don’t let that young lady to my head again!” the man shouted out in fear. Mana stepped a couple of steps away looking blank into a small bunch of trees. At times like this she just wanted to die. Some people called her a hero but right now, looking in the eyes of this man she intimidated… Mana wasn’t sure. All she wanted to do was ask him, she wasn’t sure what came up to her?

Spoiler:

Last edited by Ruka on Wed 14 Jan 2015, 7:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Daedalus
Konoha Nin
Daedalus

PostSubject: Re: Kidnapped! [Mission] [Ruka] Kidnapped! [Mission] [Ruka] EmptyWed 14 Jan 2015, 7:23 pm

The mission was taking full priority in Meiko's mind, so much so that when Mana returned from her search, the red head did not even give her time to speak. Perhaps if she had been more patient, more observant, she could have prevented what happened. Yet she did not and instead the two girls moved towards the small hut on the cliff side. After her own unsuccessful attempt at getting the drunk man's co-operation, Meiko had turned to Mana figuring the Magician would know a trick or two for dealing with drunkards like this. Although when she saw Mana's face, Meiko knew immediately that something was wrong. The girl mumbled something under her breath just before knocking on the door. The man answered, looking like he was about to shoo them off again when Mana exploded on him. Screaming, she placed a hand onto his head. It was obvious she was using some kind of jutsu, perhaps a replication of the Yamanaka techniques. Hell, if she could read his mind, all the better for them. It would allow them to get past the whole drunken lout and continue on their mission.

Things however, did not go that smoothly. At first, the drunkard almost seemed to smile. That smile sent Mana into a rage such that Meiko had never witnessed before. Whatever was going on with that jutsu, it caused the man to start screaming bloody murder. Crying out for Mana to stop, that he would talk. For a moment, the man could only suffer until the flame faded from Mana's eyes. Suddenly horrified by what she had just done, Mana ran off down the street before falling to her knees a few meters away. Dumbfounded, Meiko looked to the cowering drunk. "Don't you move! I'll be right back!" She commanded, although judging from his state, he wouldn't be moving anywhere soon.

Rushing to her friend's side, Mana broke down before her. She was crying about her failure involving Satsuki Uchiha, about how she was too afraid to act. Regretting that she had come. This was the worst state Meiko had ever seen Mana, even when she had fallen into depression before. It seemed that, even though they had managed to pull her out of that mental world her insecurities had made, it had not helped as much as they hoped. Normally, Meiko would have tried to comfort her friend, ease away the uncertainty, but there was no time now. Instead, she felt her hand raising just before it swiped across Mana's face with a sickening slap. "You're afraid!? Do you think you're the only one who is scared here!? I'm TERRIFIED!! Right now a young Genin's life is in our hands! Not yours, not mine, OURS! You chose to come along on this mission knowing the risks! Yes you failed Satsuki, but so did I! I allowed Rukasu to escape before remember! Do you think I'm always so happy is because I have no worries in the world!? NO! I'm always afraid, always doubting myself, second guessing my decisions but guess what!? That's life Mana! You'll always make mistakes, you'll always second guess yourself in the end. But what's important is to just keep pushing on. Learn from them so you won't repeat the same mistake in the future. You made the right choice coming here. Do you know why? Because deep down you know that! You made the choice to leave you with the least regrets! Because being here, now, you can make a difference! Had you stayed back in Konoha you would have practically killed yourself with worry! You know that doing nothing would have completely destroyed you! What happened to Satsuki was a tragedy, no one doubts that. But you can't let it destroy you."

"If you want to honour her memory, then stand up. Fight on. I need you right now. I cannot complete this mission on my own, I know that. Right now what I need, what that boy needs, is Konoha's Sorceress. Nakotsumi Mana, stand with me and fight. Help me save one more life today." With that, she held out her hand to help her friend to her feet. Whether she chose to take it, or to run, was up to her now.
Back to top Go down
Ruka
Ruka

PostSubject: Re: Kidnapped! [Mission] [Ruka] Kidnapped! [Mission] [Ruka] EmptyWed 14 Jan 2015, 8:02 pm

Meiko ran up to her, Mana could feel it even without the use of her sensory. She was a friend and that was what friends did, they helped each other. The problem was that there was no time for help, there was no more time for friendship. They had to know where those jounin went with the genin and they had to get there now. Every moment was one more moment of torture and interrogation that the genin had to go through, every moment brought the moment when the genin tells everything he knows to these men and they will kill him. Then his life would be on Mana‘s hands, not Meiko‘s. Mana was the one keeping the two back!

Meiko started talking again, she was always good in motivational heroic speeches, that was part of why Mana always considered Meiko the heroic type and not herself. That was part of the reason why Mana always felt jealous in a way for her friend despite all that she had done and achieved. People may have looked at the magician as if she was a hero of the village but the way she is right now, that is not how heroes act. Heroes don’t whine and fall down on their knees, heroes don’t give up. As good as Meiko was her speech went through the young woman’s ears.

Mana didn’t want or need a heroic speech to bring the spirit back into her, she didn’t have anything to bring back. She just now realized just how badly she fucked up, there was a reason for which ninja aren’t allowed to be on duty for a while after some events in their life. It was because lives of others depended on their mental states. Right now Meiko, that genin and everyone else, even those nasty jounin needed Mana at her top shape but she wasn’t. There was no hope for her to be! She was still injured from after that battle, broken and beaten down mentally after everything in her life going wrong.

There was no place for that. “Satsuki-san is dead… I can’t bring her back… I can’t go back in time and move faster… I can’t do anything. The only thing I can do is make sure that no one else dies, I can only protect you, I can only protect that genin, I can only be so strong that the enemy gives up and we don’t have to kill them… That’s what everyone says, everyone is counting on me to do that, to be like that…” Mana mumbled to herself after Meiko’s speech and took her hand using it as support to get up. She was a bit surprised that her friend went on to slapping her, usually her friends resorted to violence whenever she got sad as if in their minds she could just be “beaten out of sadness”. Most of the time it just confused the magician.

After picking herself up Mana walked back to the man and looked at him. She didn’t have to say a word – he was already scared shitless. His drunken state only increased the extent of his fear, it wasn’t the method Mana wanted, it wasn’t her but she had to take what she brought on them. “Take us to them. Once we get in range of my sensory I’ll let you go.” Mana said with a dull voice. She wasn’t even sure about how she felt anymore, she wasn’t angry, she wasn’t really afraid, it was like she turned off, like she started working on auto pilot and the auto pilot just took her through this mission. It was almost like this mission was easy and by Mana’s standards it kind of was. A Sennin and one of the village’s top Jounin versus three Jounin was barely even a fight.

Sure… Just… Don’t…” the man mumbled out and walked up to a small boat. “I took them through the river to a small road on the other side just couple of miles away from here, the river leads up to a small lake and the road leads to a secluded cave not too far from the shore I took them to…” the man explained. He probably shouldn’t have been sailing while under alcohol but having his state in mind he was probably drunk even during his work hours, he probably even woke up tipsy by now. His skin looked weird and his mouth reeked weird, those were signs of long term alcohol abuse if Mana knew those.

The man quickly prepared the boat and got it ready for the short trip. Mana didn’t feel very talkative, the walk to the river leading up to the lake kind of tired her out, especially after the long wandering session and then rushing to the man’s little cabin. Her side started hurting again, what will happen once the fight starts? Will this be a problem? No! Mana won’t let it drag Meiko down, she owes her friend and that young genin that much at least. She will just have to hold back a bit less, this situation called for less restraint because she simply didn’t have the luxury. Inside her mind Mana kept wondering just how much information did the Jounin extract yet? Hopefully the genin was a tough and smart one, hopefully he could hold out long.

When both of the young kunoichi got onto the small boat the man would’ve sailed out, it was a bit weird for a small island to have so many rivers and lakes further away from the settlement parts. The journey to the other side wasn’t too long, maybe a little bit more than twenty minutes but the man rowed pretty well having in mind that he was totally drunk. Maybe Mana’s genjutsu snapped him out a bit, it was hard to know for sure. Mana remained silent the whole time, she didn’t look anywhere but at the boat and her own feet. She wasn’t even sure what she felt at this point. Most of all she just wanted to get it all over with and make sure that no one died.

I can sense them from here, let us go.” Mana ordered. From what she could tell the Jounin didn’t have a sensor among them, she usually could tell a sensor from a non-sensor, sensor’s chakra had those weird tentacle like branches to them, it felt like it was reaching inside of you and feeling you up. Those guys definitely had a large chakra level, the reports didn’t lie, Mana and Meiko were off against Jounin. The genin’s chakra was weak, he was probably fighting off against a genjutsu because his chakra kept lowering, he kept dispelling it and the Jounin rotated in reapplying it, the kid had no hopes of winning in this struggle – even one Jounin would’ve eventually won with their chakra reserve and those were three constantly switching out.

Finally the boat stopped at the other side of the lake and mountain which the cave was in was visible right in front of them, it couldn’t have been further than fifty meters from there. Meiko may have wanted to set up a battle plan so Mana just stopped and looked at her friend after setting a foot on the dirt of the shore. The old man just rowed away almost twice faster than he did when he took the two young women here. His fear of Mana’s genjutsu was still there. It was Meiko’s mission and Mana was way too messed up now to shout out orders so the magician stood still and waited for her friend to do the ordering.
Back to top Go down
Daedalus
Konoha Nin
Daedalus

PostSubject: Re: Kidnapped! [Mission] [Ruka] Kidnapped! [Mission] [Ruka] EmptyWed 14 Jan 2015, 10:37 pm

At first, when Mana took her hand, Meiko felt a wave of relief. Hoping the girl had come back once more, that Konoha's Sorceress was on the job. When she looked into Mana's eyes however, all she saw was defeat. That sight, that... nothingness, terrified Meiko far more than anything else she had ever encountered in her life. She did not know what to say or do. All she did was watch as Mana lifelessly shambled back up to the drunk man and recruited him for the mission. His fear had seemed to overwhelm the alcohol as the man got to his feet and scurried to prepare the boat for the trip. The information they had gotten had been correct, the man had confirmed he had taken them to a cave not far from their current location. Judging from the timeline, the boy should not have been gone more than thirty-six hours. In normal kidnapping cases, the window to get the victim back was generally forty-eight hours, after that the chances of finding the person alive dropped exponentially. Going by that logic, chances were the Genin was still alive. If their intent was to interrogate him for information, they could not have had him secured in the cave for more than a few hours.

Time however, was not on their side. This was not a normal kidnapping, this was an abduction by trained shinobi. Chances were they knew some advanced interrogation techniques. That would certainly accelerate their timetable. Their target was a Genin barely fresh from the academy. He would not have been trained to resist such techniques yet, add in the fact he had seen his entire squad wiped out, he might not be in the best state of mind. Granted, even if they managed to extract information from him, there shouldn't be too much he could reveal, right? Shaking her head, Meiko removed the thought from her mind. Something like that was just a way for her to justify her failure in case things went wrong.

With the boat ready, the two girls boarded and were off. The old man making the occasional whimpers but other than that, the ride was a silent one. Being a rowboat, their approach would be relatively silent and the vegetation was grown quite thick along the coast. It would be very difficult for them to be spotted from someone on land. Still, Meiko had other worries for the moment. Mana was still broken. Since they had boarded all she had done was stare silently at her feet. As she was right now, Mana might confirm her own fears. Either she would fail, or do something drastic and lose her temper like she had with the old man. Mana had skills that would be invaluable for this rescue. Her Genjutsu was insanely powerful and could safely extract the boy were she in top form. As she was now, Meiko wasn't sure the girl could even focus on a simple illusion for a prolonged period of time. Yet if she told her not to come, it might break the girl even further, especially after that speech she had spewed out earlier.

A few minutes later and Mana called for them to come ashore. Her sensory abilities had picked up their signatures. Once they were ashore, the girls stepped out of the boat and the man did not waste a moment to begin rowing away. Mana however, had stopped and turned her gaze towards Meiko, as dead as ever, she appeared to be waiting for orders. Sighing, Meiko walked up and patted her on the shoulder. "Alright, time to begin. Mana... I believe in you. We can do this together." That said, Meiko removed her hand and took a step forward. "You can sense their location right? Keep me updated. We'll try to sneak in and if we can, ambush them. You stick to the shadows for now and support me. I'm not the best at being stealthy so if I'm caught, hide. Look for an opening and get the kid out. I'll try and lead them away if I can."

Meiko jumped up onto the nearest treebranch and began hopping between them as quietly as possible. Mana would be following several meters behind in case Meiko's position was compromised. As they approached the cave, the foliage began to thin until it opened into a small clearing. Only about twenty meters at the furthest distance from the cave entrance in a semi-circular pattern. The cave itself was inset into a small cliff, only about five meters high. The entrance itself was small, the Jonin having to crouch to get in. Currently two were outside keeping watch, the two tall ones she could assume. Which meant the leader was currently inside interrogating the Genin.

From her postion, Meiko had a decent overlook of the area. Mana would still be in the shadows. "Right, I could get my bow out and take one of them down. Although I'd only get one shot out in surprise..." As Meiko was formulating her strategy, there was a strange clicking behind her followed by a rapid rustling of leaves. [color]CRAP!"[/color] She shouted. To the attacker, it may seem like a careless loss of emotion, but the shout was to warn Mana to take cover as her location had been revealed. The angle the attack came from forced Meiko to leap out into the clearing. Where she had been, a large pullet hung from the branches. Several blades skewering the tree where she had been. Had she not moved, Meiko would have been dead by now.

"You idiots. How could you let her get this close?" A deep, growling voice echoed from out of the cave. From it, the shorter man emerged. While he only stood half the height of the other two, the Jonin looked deeply troubled at his scorning. Most of his body was covered by a deep purple cloak. Only a small raise near the bottom betrayed the chakra strings animating the puppet in the tree. "A puppeteer huh? That's going to be trouble." Meiko thought to herself. She had never encountered a puppet user before. Add in the fact the other two had not revealed their secrets yet...

"Well well, a Konoha Shinobi. You must be here for the brat. How convenient for us. We can only get so much from a kid, but you. You would know some things. You should prepare yourself. This is not going to be pleasant, and you're going to die knowing that you failed your village. Won't it be fun!" The man's voice held a sick amount of joy in his last few lines as the puppet in the tree broke free and darted towards Meiko, blades shining. The attack was easy enough to dodge. Meiko quickly hopped away from the attack and was about to go on the offensive when her movement was intercepted. The Jonin standing to the leader's left had practically materialized beside her and had a roundhouse kick aimed for her head. "Shit! Her mind screamed as she raised her arms. Chakra surging into her chest, activating the seal and releasing her kite shield to block the oncoming attack.

The kick held such force that when it struck the shield, it sounded like a gong and still crashed into Meiko. Launching her back in the direction of the puppet. Said puppet had already positioned itself to catch her. The blades ready to stab her non-vital areas. The shield had been lost, knocked away by the kick but she could still fight. Another surge of chakra to the seal summoned forth her second shield. The mass of titanium spawned before her and crashed into the puppet. The sheer weight of it crushing the wooden puppet and shattering it. On her feet again, Meiko slid her arm into the grip and lifted the massive slab of metal as the last Jonin launched a fireball towards her. Slamming the shield into the ground, Meiko was able to take cover behind it when the first Jonin came charging in again. "Taijustu, Ninjutsu and Puppetry huh? This is not going to be fun."

Meiko could see the chakra radiating from his fist. Thanks to the fire jutsu, she could not move the shield to intercept this attack. All she could do for the moment was dodge. Releasing the shield, as its weight would keep it standing, Meiko rolled away as the Jonin punched into the ground where she had been. The attack had such force that she was blasted with a shockwave and again sent flying. This time colliding with a tree. "Oww." Was all she could mutter before being forced to duck as the head of the smashed puppet came flying at her, a gigantic needle-like blade protruding from its mouth. The Taijutsu user came flying in again. Meiko managed to roll away when she was struck from her blind spot by a several flying rocks. The Taijutsu user used this to charge in again, kicking out her leg before unleashing a combo attack that juggled her in the air for a moment before launching her back into another tree. Upon striking the tree, Meiko heard a sickening crack before being blinded by pain.

The next moment, she was on her knees, left arm dangling limply at her side. The attacks had left her beaten and bloody but the worst wound came when she struck the tree. Her upper arm had broken and she could not even move it anymore. [i]"This... This isn't good. Hurry Mana... I can't hold out much longer..." She could only hope that right now Mana had infiltrated the cave and was extracting the Genin while she had the kidnappers occupied. Otherwise... this might just be her last fight.

SC Used:
Spoiler:

Jutsu Used:
Spoiler:

Chakra Remaining:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Ruka
Ruka

PostSubject: Re: Kidnapped! [Mission] [Ruka] Kidnapped! [Mission] [Ruka] EmptyThu 15 Jan 2015, 1:51 pm

Meiko seemed to think that Mana still needed encouragement. Not that the magician was mad on her friend when she offered her encouragement and warm words – Meiko was a skilled leader and she knew how to hold a team together. That was something great ninja are supposed to have. Because Mana had always worked alone she couldn’t ever manage a team even remotely as well as her armored best friend. It was almost like the Sennin saw how much more potential her friend had to become a hero than Mana did and in a way it made the magician a bit sad. Being a hero was always her dream after all…

Her friend suggested that Mana hid in the shadows and went to extract the kid if battle broke out, was that because Meiko knew how important saving this kid was to Mana? Or was it because her friend didn’t trust her to fight alongside? Maybe Meiko saw that Mana was depressed and broken, that she was too busy fighting herself and her stupid fears of failure or acting too out of line that she was incapable of proper performance? Either way, the kunoichi nodded in return and agreed to the plan. Meiko knew what she was doing way better at this point, she was more fit to be in charge and Mana trusted her judgment even when she wasn’t messed up herself.

Mana did her best to not get out of line, to do everything right, stick to the shadows and not alert the enemy, they had no sensors among their ranks and it was best if they didn’t know of Mana’s existence until Meiko needed for it to be known. The magician stayed behind, close but always just far enough to not be seen if Meiko’s cover is blown. She wasn’t too skilled in the art of stealth but she was an S rank kunoichi, her skill in stealthy movement was still nothing to spit at. She could easily sneak past a battlefield even on her bad day, even on her worst day which this day proved to be.

Something was wrong! Meiko shouted out and for the first moment Mana couldn’t realize just why would her friend yell out after being spotted, if just one of the enemy team saw her, why alert the attention of the others? Then it hit her, just a tiny speck of a moment later – it wasn’t for the enemy team, it was for HER. Mana was supposed to leave her friend fighting the entire enemy team so that she could pull the kid out. Her friend knew how much saving this kid meant to the magician so she was ready to take on all of the enemies herself just so Mana could prove to herself that she’s still a hero.

A sudden heartache broke through to Mana’s chest and she gripped it tightly. It broke through the ocean of apathy in which the young woman was drowning up to now. As the magician kept sneaking past the battlefield keeping the tabs of the enemy and Meiko and her condition she just barely held the tears inside of her. It was just the manner in which this sudden burst of feelings took Mana over. “I’m not a child, you know… I may act like one but… I could’ve helped… I don’t need my wish fulfillment to be efficient.” Mana thought to herself almost ironically as she sneaked past the battlefield.

The plan was working – the enemy didn’t even try to conceal their presence or they didn’t even leave anyone to guard the kid. They thought that Meiko was all Konoha sent, why wouldn’t they, Meiko WAS all that Konoha sent. Mana just tagged along to ruin it all for her best friend… “Jeez, stop whining for once!” the kunoichi scolded herself as she moved forward into the cave. The genin’s chakra was still rustling but just barely, the Sennin knew what it meant – all he had was the chakra to survive, he wasn’t repelling the interrogation technique. The enemy knows everything they wanted to know…

The poor boy was beaten up but those injuries weren’t suggesting torture. They were injuries sustained in battle, they were way too hard to be given to the boy in torture. Usually when one is torturing someone they don’t attempt to kill them. The boy had gigantic gashes all over his half naked body and a huge blunt force trauma over half of his face. When he opened his eye Mana noticed the blood in his eye. This is likely going to be a life-changing experience for this young kid. He will become dark, closed in, he won’t find any common topics with his friend anymore, life will seem dark and gritty… Nothing will be the same anymore… Mana knew that feeling all too well…

Hey… You’re… The Sorceress… WOW!” the kid whispered, his throat looked a bit damaged, Mana doubted that he could speak up any more than this whisper. “This is awesome, I never thought they’d send you to save me… This is awesome!” the kid kept trying to speak letting out just a slight whisper in the process. “Not really… I almost ruined your rescue…” Mana replied cutting down his bindings. “The real hero is fighting all of the enemies outside, I’m just the assistant.” Mana added as she took the young boy off his chair. His legs were injured too, he couldn’t stand and Mana was too small to hold his body alone.

Ugh, why am I so useless!” she thought. “Why does Meiko have to do everything, I can’t even drag the genin I wanted to save out of the cave for Pete’s sake!” Mana punched the ground. She could feel her knuckles bleeding but she didn’t care anymore. How could she mess up so hard, to fail so miserably? “How much do they know?” Mana asked quietly, the genin looked down and the magician understood what that meant – they had to kill the enemy, they knew information, probably something important. “WHAT do they know?” Mana added. “We were carrying intel back from our spies abroad, they know the identities of the spies, they know all our passwords, they know… Anything they need to know about the operation…” a bright star shined in the child’s eye – it was a crystal shine of a tear.

So… We’ll have to…” Mana looked down, she was crushed, this mission couldn’t have went South any more than it did. If Meiko was here alone she could’ve killed these men but Mana’s morals will always prevail, she’ll always fight to keep everyone alive. “I’m sorry, kid, I failed you and I failed my friend…” Mana said as she looked back, Meiko’s chakra took a deep hit, something happened, it just disappeared and reappeared for a moment, that happened when some big hit was taken – for a moment the chakra network just stops. “Meiko needs help and here I am stuck with my pathetic strength trying to move the hostage away. Way to go “Sennin Hero”…” Mana thought. She heard panting and huffing.

The kid was standing! He was standing on his own two feet! “I will not fail you, Mana-sama! You fought for my village, you came here to save me! I won’t let my stupid busted up legs keep you down!!!” the kid whispered out as loud as he could. Mana smiled and hugged the kid, she took his arm and flipped it over her shoulder and dragged the kid out with his own assistance. “Go hide, it’d help if you closed your ears.” Mana said, the kid still looked disappointed. “I’m sorry you’ll have to kill them, Mana-sama… I know… I know how tough it is for you… I promise I won’t tell anyone you did this…” Mana smiled, for the first time in some time genuinely and with full mouth. She showed the kid a thumbs up. “Kill them? No, I’ll handle it though, in my own way!” she said and ran off.

It was stupid, it was beyond stupid – these men knew way too much, they’re a huge threat for the village and all the spies abroad now. They knew the passwords which meant they could access the headquarters of all spy operations abroad, they could effectively act as messengers from the village and control the spy operations. By just knowing the passwords they could tell the spies to kill anyone they wanted and blame it all on Konoha – those idiots could spark a war! This mission was really going South, way South! “You’re such an idiot though, how the Hell do you intend to “handle it”!?” Mana kept scolding herself as she moved into position to act.

Mana could feel those blind fools beating up on Meiko, their chakra was lowered by the interrogation so they didn’t have quite enough to waste on instant kill techniques but they kept battering her with simple B or lower rank jutsu. The magician moved into position and made a shadow clone. What she was about to do was pretty nasty but Mana knew how to solve this – she knew a way out in which these idiots get to live and NOT spark Shinobi World War against Konoha in the process. The problem was that her solution was morally repugnant and just flat out disgusting, at least it was worth preventing a war for the second time in her life…

Mana looked at the clone and it nodded – it knew what had to be done, the magician had the decision set in mind way before making the clone. She was going to feel so bad after this but… It had to be done. The hands of the young woman flashed through handseals as the clone jumped into the fray singing a song which carried a simple genjutsu. Mana could avoid it’s effects by focusing her mind elsewhere but these three ninja who weren’t expecting it were crippled by it, the magician wasn’t sure if Meiko wouldn’t be though. She had never before affected a friendly target with an area of effect genjutsu but now her mind was at its worst, anything could happen.

Anyway Mana jumped in after her clone right as the three fell down on their knees. Their senses were bombarded by pleasure sensations and it was almost impossible to stand or fight back for the first moments of the genjutsu, it took some willpower and getting used to the pleasure to fight it off. Mana looked back at Meiko as the clone kept singing. “I’m sorry for what I’m about to do, Meiko, these men know everything, the genin told me they have extracted everything they wanted, I’ll explain everything later…

For now Mana’s hands flashed through more handseals, she walked up to each of the three and lifted their slobbering faces off the ground, caressing the cheek of each one and whispering “I’m sorry” as a sharp and precise Raiton beam pierced right below their eye. The kunoichi then stopped the beam, then moved on to the next person letting their heads bump into the ground and for the severed connection to de-attach. That was a technique she invented as an experiment, just as something she was curious about after reading one book… She never intended it to be used like this… The men fell unconscious for the first moments, Mana took out some wire and tied them up.

The clone then released the genjutsu and was dispelled. Mana looked at her friend with sad and depressed eyes and wondered if her friend knew what she just did. “The genin is in the bushes right there… He’s safe…” Mana said with overtones of guilt in her voice. She didn’t kill anyone, just mentally impaired them for life and yet she felt as if she had just slaughtered these men mercilessly.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Daedalus
Konoha Nin
Daedalus

PostSubject: Re: Kidnapped! [Mission] [Ruka] Kidnapped! [Mission] [Ruka] EmptyThu 15 Jan 2015, 5:53 pm

Despite her beating, Meiko was able to steal a glance at the cave entrance in time to see Mana successfully infiltrate it. "Good, now I can start fighting back." Mana should be able to secure the boy's safety so now she had to secure her own. Three on one was difficult enough already and at this point she was down an arm and both shields. Still, she had plenty of other weapons at her disposal. The Taijutsu user was charging in again, this time however, his attack would not go as planned. Raising her right arm behind herself, Meiko once again charged her seal with chakra and began to swing. A cloud of smoke enveloped her arm and from it a monstrous axe emerged. "ARMADS!" Meiko cried out as the blade chopped down onto the Taijutsu user. The Jonin had managed to stop his charge and was attempting to pull back when the tip of the blade cut through his torso. It was a shallow wound but it would was more than enough to deter his advance, the shockwave of the massive weapon striking the ground launched him back several meters as well wherein he lay on the ground motionless.

Something was wrong though, that blow did not feel right. Meiko was certain she had at least cut through his skin yet there was not a drop of blood on her axe. She could not dwell on the possibilities of that at the moment though as the second jonin had begun to fling more rocks in her direction. Ripping Armads from the ground, Meiko charged the blade with chakra and swung it upwards. Her chakra and the sheer force of the swing launched a shock wave towards her attacker. The blast wave practically vapourized the basketball sized rocks flying at her and struck the Ninjutsu user, blasting him back into the wall of the cliff. The second Jonin then fell limply to the ground.

Smirking, Meiko rested Armads on her shoulder before turning to the puppet user. "Well that's two down. Ready to give up yet?" To that, the short man only laughed. "Give up? Why would we do that? We're just getting started." She could not see it, but Meiko was certain the short man was grinning. From the corner of her eye, she saw the attack coming. The Taijutsu user was up again and had a flying kick aimed at her. Swinging Armads so the blade covered the point of impact, the Jonin crashed into her axe blade. Meiko then gave the giant axe a mighty swing to push him away. When she looked at him however, he appeared to have no wound from her previous attack, yet his clothes were still ripped. "No way I missed." She muttered as she dodged the next incoming fireball. Airbourne now, the puppet user made his attack. The usable remains of his puppet, minus the head, came flying at her. Each one revealing a hidden blade of its own. Four in total, Meiko used the same shock wave that blasted back the Ninjutsu user. With one mighty swing, the attack shattered the puppet parts and they fell uselessly to the ground.

Landing on the ground again, Meiko was forced into a roll as another fireball blasted her. Then the Taijutsu user came in once again. Meiko was starting to see the pattern here. The Taijutsu and Ninjutsu users would alternate their attacks while the puppet user set up his attack. Now that his puppet was destroyed however, he should be out of the picture, thus rendering their combo all the weaker for it. To stop the Taijutsu user's advance, Meiko swung Armads so it cleaved into the ground, firing small bits of debris at him. The Jonin broke off his charge out of fear of the giant weapon. Using this moment, Meiko jumped forward and brought down the weapon in a deadly overhead cleave. This forced the Jonin back further so he reunited with his comrades. They now stood between her and the cave, with a good several meter distance between both. By now, Mana should have been able to get the boy out of the cave and to safety. Once he was safe, she could back her up and these three would not stand a chance.

Her backup came sooner than expected. Two Sorceresses emerged from the cave, neither of them having the boy. Mana would not have come out if he were not safe though, so that meant one thing. It was time for their counterattack. The Mana to Meiko's right began singing a song while the Mana to the left began a string of hand seals. Thanks to her training with the magician, Meiko knew this had to be a Genjutsu. Her assumption was correct when the three Jonin froze on the spot and fell to their knees. For a moment, Meiko was worried she too was affected but all she heard was the music. Currently she was eight meters away from the singing Mana, placing her just out of the jutsu's effective range. "Nice work Mana! Time to bring these guys in and go home." Meiko shouted triumphantly, but Mana was not done. Mana apologized as she finished the seals and walked up to each man. Apologizing as she placed a hand against their faces, a bright light flashed for a moment and they fell limply to the ground.

Watching this, Meiko wasn't terrified, she wasn't angry, she was sad. For Mana to resort to this, whatever it was she was doing, she could tell it hurt the magician a lot. "Mana..." Was all Meiko could say as the girl finished tying them up. Mana got to her feet and said the Genin was safely hidden in the bushes nearby. Sighing, Meiko resealed her axe and gently held her broken arm. It was swelling now and a deep purple where the break was. Just touching it was enough to send horrifying pain throughout her body. Taking in another deep breath to try and dull the pain as much as she could, she smiled at Mana. "Well, that's that. Let's head back. We can still make it to the boat if we leave now."

"Ah, Konoha's Sorceress. Your show was indeed wonderful. What splendid music you made." The deep voice echoed throughout the trees. It was the same as the short man's but now it was everywhere. "I had always wanted to see your shows in person but well, it can be hard to move around when you're a wanted man. Dare I ask though, did you enjoy my show? I've practiced oh so hard." At that line, the three Jonin jumped to their feet. Well not so much jumped as they were pulled and now dangled in the air. "That said, it is very rude to go around breaking people's props. Now I need to find some new toys to play with." The three jonin now, in unison, snapped their heads to attention. The cheeks where Mana had used her jutsu had cracked away revealing a wooden under layer. "Human puppets..." Meiko thought, horrified at the prospect. "It's quite hard having them move realistically. It limited the types of attacks I could properly perform. Still, quite the convincing show, yes? Now however, I think I know who I'll use for my new props. Think about it, Nakotsumi Mana. Together, we could create the most brilliant performances. Now, give your body over to me. Together, we shall be brilliant! Our first stage, KONOHA!!" The puppets erupted, showing their true forms. The puppeteer practically became a mass of blades, limbs elongating to thrice their original length. The Ninjutsu user was covered in various launchers and flame throwers while the taijutsu user revealed six extra sets of arms. All three then charged at Mana.

SC Used:
Spoiler:

Jutsu Used:
Spoiler:

Equipment Used:
Spoiler:

Chakra Remaining: 122/150
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Ruka
Ruka

PostSubject: Re: Kidnapped! [Mission] [Ruka] Kidnapped! [Mission] [Ruka] EmptyThu 15 Jan 2015, 7:39 pm

Meiko looked more saddened by the fact that Mana had to lobotomize someone and more worried of the effects it would have on the magician than she was about the fact that the magician was willing to go there. She didn‘t kill these men, they had pretty good chances of making it but their mental state was yet to be seen. The magician did it just as described in the book, it said even a toddler could probably do it with the right tools and while the magician built herself those tools she never thought a day would come where using them would be well justified.

Luckily enough the kunoichi hasn‘t yet taken the time to properly realize she had just crippled the mental state of three people just because of the information they had in their minds.  If what the writer of the said book theorized was correct they wouldn‘t lose any of their long term memory or anything just become more docile, their conditions would have to be observed by the specialists in Bachi prison and Mana was willing to fry their brains with Magician‘s Touch if they still displayed memory of the information and willingness to use it. Still, these men should‘ve been dealt with...

I wouldn‘t be so sure, that drunk guy really was hitting his rowing hard... At this point I‘m not very sure about how we‘d reach the other side... I think there should be a lake house with a boat nearby, someone had to live in this part of the island and they‘d have needed a mean of transportation to reach the main part of the island.“ Mana said trying to push the horrifying implications of what she just did away. That would have to wait until the magician gets a moment alone. Her friends and fans didn‘t have to see her suffering over this, it was for her and her alone to deal.

What the magician couldn‘t expect was another chakra signature jumping up from nowhere, how could she not have noticed it? Was it because of her condition? Was she that bad at her job? It was hard to believe that the magician missed someone manhandling the entire thing, orchestrating these “human puppets”. How could have this man fooled her sensory? Why did those ninja have chakra signatures of their own and how did the man conceal his own from being spotted when he was operating the puppets? Either Mana was an epic loser or this man was really good at both concealing his own presence and giving his puppets a lifelike feel.

Mana barely even listened to what the man had said. She just heard that he knew who she was and all that, that he wanted her body for a puppet. In a way it was just the same as that Parabrahma guy Mana fought back and saved the village from. Back then she had so much confidence, so much strength… At least she could keep her sensory straight. How could she fail to see that man? She was supposed to have the surprise factor being perfectly concealed… The very revelation of the man’s existence shook ground beneath Mana’s already wobbly confidence.

Just don’t move, don’t dodge him, he’ll go for you, don’t move…” Mana’s mind suggested. She knew where his speech would go, of course he’d want her body, of course he’d focus her. Even if he didn’t know who Mana was he’d have focused her first – ninjutsu and genjutsu users were rather easy targets. They were frail, they had little physical prowess and if ignored they could mean the difference between life and death. Mana’s head sunk down, the fact that she couldn’t see this man or sense him just made her wish to die. She was utterly useless in this mission. Nothing she did worked out. She couldn’t even talk up to a single person in the small town, exploded on that poor man for no reason, couldn’t budge the genin off the ground and now this…

I failed to even catch a sense of him… How could he use chakra and evade my sensory?” Mana’s mind was absolutely baffled. The deformed puppets charged at her, they weren’t nearly fast enough to hit Mana normally but… She didn’t want to move. Pain. Sharp pain in her leg – one of them slashed at her legs and another one threw a combination of blows from all of its multiple arms. She was supposed to jump in the air to avoid the slash and get tossed aside but instead she took it all. Mana could feel the warm torrent of her own blood splash and run down her leg. She felt blood in her mouth. “Jeez, you really are pathetic, aren’t you? I mean I knew you were all show and no substance but… Couldn’t even dodge such a simple attack? Give me a break, maybe I was wrong about adding you to my arsenal after all.

He’s taunting me…” Mana thought to herself as her body showed no effort of standing up, the slash didn’t cut her leg that deep, she could probably stand up and fight back. Not that she wanted to. “Just stay down, Meiko can handle this. She’ll get angry when I die, she’ll get shocked and beat the shit out of this guy. Just don’t move, don’t ruin this for her…” Mana kept telling herself as fear broke into her heart. Fear meant she still wanted to live. Her body was still twitching, expecting the man’s follow up attack at any point. “Why don’t you fight a little bit? Do you need motivation? Maybe I should attack your friend instead? Will you stand up then?

No… Don’t!” Mana shouted out and jumped right up on her feet. The ninjutsu user pointed the flamethrowers at a particular spot, the two remaining ones charged at Mana again to lure her into where the flamethrowers were targeted. It was a simple setup, primitive in fact. Mana moved back to avoid the first slash, sideways to dodge the other, jumped over the slash to the leg. “ARGH!” she yelled out in pain as landing on the ground after the jump opened up her wound and forced blood to splash out of it. She covered up her head and tensed her body to take the multitude of blows from the puppet but it seemed to instead try to move around Mana. It wanted really hard to lure her into the flamethrower targeting zone.

Mana ducked and rolled under the puppet that swooped at her to push her towards the zone. She noticed the bladed one incoming again and tried to spin sideways to avoid the thrust. Suddenly her side wound, the stab wound from all the way back signaled pain all through her body. Mana dodged the thrust but just stopped in place. The taijutsu puppet didn’t hold back, didn’t try to push her anywhere, it just started punching and didn’t stop.

After it thought that Mana had enough it just swung an uppercut to take her down, Mana still had her simple block up but it still knocked her down. The young woman felt blood in her mouth, a lot of it… She simply couldn’t stand up anymore. “I was a fool to have come here on this mission… I should’ve recovered, I should’ve healed up, I should’ve dealt with the pain of failing to save Satsuki…” Mana’s eyes were closed. She did the best she could, the best that her injured and mentally broken state could force her body to pull. She was done. The taijutsu puppet lifted her body off the ground and the bladed one got ready to kill her. “Don’t worry, I won’t damage your body too much, I may still find uses for it after all, I’m skilled in killing people quickly, the less damaged their bodies are when I tinker with them the better after all…

Mana’s hands flipped through a bunch of handseals as she spit out a jet of flames from her mouth, had she had more air in her mouth and had the taijutsu puppet not have been strangling her at the moment she’d have had the flames put the taijutsu puppet apart, now just setting it on fire would have to do. “Meiko… Take the genin and run! I'll hold him off. It's my body he wants!” she yelled out as the taijutsu puppet dropped her on the dirt to fight the flames all over itself. Mana saw the blade puppet getting ready again, Mana’s hands were too tired to make the handseals in time again. Maybe if she moved just in time the puppet’s blade could miss a vital spot, it hit Mana through somewhere less vital and the magician could hold the blade in spot tightly enough to give her friend a window to escape… Mana’s body braced to try and move just slightly, so that the blade doesn’t miss but doesn’t kill her instantly as the man wanted.

Sorry, Meiko… I have to do this! I know you'll stop him when he comes to Konoha, you'll be ready for him...” Mana thought to herself, she could’ve just dodged the blade but… Taking it on and helping Meiko survive would’ve been better. Maybe in death the magician could redeem all these mess ups she did in life… Mana knew that she had jutsu to destroy her own body, she could do that right before she feels like she can't hold on anymore. This idiot would get nothing and Meiko would get away with the genin...

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Daedalus
Konoha Nin
Daedalus

PostSubject: Re: Kidnapped! [Mission] [Ruka] Kidnapped! [Mission] [Ruka] EmptyFri 16 Jan 2015, 4:16 pm

From Mana's reaction, she had sensed the mastermind's presence moments before he spoke. The girl was dumbfounded over his ability to hide his presence, a fact he did not pass on. The puppet's first attack after revealing themselves was to charge at Mana. Normally Meiko would have dove in to stop it, yet for the moment she had to fight the urge. Fighting the puppets was meaningless if they didn't know where the puppeteer was. Besides, there was no way Mana would let an attack like that hit her. Instead, Mana froze and took the blows head on. Blood sprayed out from her leg where the blade sliced into it and the multi-armed puppet unleashed a vicious series of blows. The master's voice then echoed out through the trees once again, taunting Mana. Right now she was his only target, all his attention was on her. Meiko had to find where he was and fast, with Mana in her current state she could not last very long. The problem was, the guy was a master at remaining hidden. When they had arrived he had managed to fool Mana's chakra sensory abilities. Even now, she could not rely on her senses to find him. He was using some kind of jutsu to project his voice throughout the entire area, making it impossible to locate the source.

Mana was still on the ground, unable to stand due to the leg wound when the man sent out another verbal attack, suggesting he would attack Meiko instead. This was enough to get her to her feet at least. For a moment there, just a moment, the old Mana broke through. The hero of the leaf stood once again for but a fleeting moment. The third puppet readied one of its weapons and the other two moved in to attack again. This time, thankfully, Mana decided to move to avoid the onslaught. Scanning the area for any hints of where he could be hiding, Mana's scream caused Meiko's head to snap in her direction. The magician had landed on her wounded leg, causing blood to burst out of the wound and granting an opening for the Taijutsu puppet to attack again. This time Mana was at least able to block the blows, reducing the damage, but she was still in pain both inside and out. "Dammit! Where is he!?" Meiko's mind shouted soundlessly. Mana rolled to avoid being pushed into the range of the Ninjutsu puppet but that only resulted in a more severe beating.

Finally, Mana was knocked to the ground, unable to stand any longer. For a brief moment, her eyes closed as the Taijutsu puppet lifted her from the ground, the bladed one ready to strike the finishing blow. Mana however, still had some fight in her. Meiko caught sight of the handseals as the puppeteer taunted her once more. From her mouth, a torrent of flames engulfed the puppet, practically burning it half to ash on contact. Dropping her, the puppet fell into a heap and continued to burn. That was when Mana said the words Meiko least wanted to hear. Take the Genin and run. Mana was planning on dying here. The bladed puppet reared back and charged, blades pointed for a killing blow.

Meiko's body moved faster than her mind. Blitzing to intercept her good hand shot out and grabbed hold of the main blade of the puppet, stopping it inches from Mana's heart. Blood splattering onto the girl's face. Several other blades pierced Meiko's body, but thankfully the wounds  were not too deep nor did they strike any vitals. An anger burned though the redhead like nothing she had ever experienced before. "GOD DAMMIT MANA!!" She screamed out as she gripped the blade tighter. "Where do you get off, throwing your life away like that!? I'm just supposed to run and let you die!? WHO ARE YOU!? TELL ME YOUR NAME! Because you are NOT Mana! You are NOT the person I've been trying so hard to catch up to, to fight alongside all these years! What happened to you!?" Tears were welling up in Meiko's eyes now, not from the pain, but from her friend just giving up everything. "Do you know how hard it is to pull you out of the mud when all you do is dive back in and dig yourself deeper!? Dammit Mana. Why do you always give up? I can't take it anymore. If you want to give up so much, take the kid and go yourself. Because I will never, EVER, let a friend die. Even if they want that themselves. So either go, or stand up and fight. I'm taking this bastard down now. If there is still even a spark of the old you in there, then focus and tell me where this bastard is hiding. If not, then shut up and leave."

"Oh? This one has a bit of life in her still. She may be useless but she has spunk, I'll give her that. Come to think of it, I just thought of the perfect opening performance. I'll take all three of your bodies and have you return to the village as heroes. Oh such a tragedy it will be when Konoha's heroes turn upon their own village! The screams! The terror! It will be brilliant!" The anger in Meiko only swelled up even more. "SHUT! UP!" She screamed as she pulled the blade back, away from Mana and rose a leg in a might kick. Even though she was no Taijutsu expert, she still had one hell of a kick. The puppet made of dead flesh and wood had no chance. Splintering into a thousand pieces, she spun and threw the bladed arm like a javelin at the Ninjutsu puppet, spearing it through the chest and impaling it on the cliff wall behind it. "You are done! I'm taking you down here and now!"

With that, chakra surged to her chest and Meiko was hidden momentarily by a white cloud. When it cleared, the girl stood tall in her red armour, the leather practically shining in the sun. "A valiant effort, but what can you expect to do? You're both beaten and bloody. You can't even use your arms anymore!" The mastermind cackled from his hiding place. It was true though, Meiko's right arm was now useless thanks to the bladed puppet and her left was broken. Still, there was a fire in her eyes, even without her arms, she was taking this bastard down. "What can I do? Tsk, that's easy. I'LL NEVER GIVE UP!" With that, Meiko opened her mouth as another small cloud appeared. Snatching the dagger that had materialized between her teeth, Meiko charged forward and, mustering up all the strength her legs could give, rocketed herself skyward with a mighty jump.

Now at least ten meters in the air, Meiko could just see over the cliff. The puppeteer had to be up there somewhere. If he wanted a position to watch over everything that was going on, he would need to have the high ground. The question was, where? Meiko was beginning to descend when something caught her eye. Coming at her from the right was a new puppet, some kind of bird design. "Spirit will only get you so far, now you're mine!" The puppeteer called out as the bird puppet readied its razor sharp talons. Were Meiko any other shinobi, she would have likely been shredded by this attack. But Meiko had other plans. Chakra shot into her back and feet and were converted to flame. Her jetpack activated and shot her skyward clear out of the puppet's attack range. As it passed underneath, Meiko flipped herself and dropped back down, slashing clear through one of the wings with her dagger. Without the wing to stabilize it, the puppet flew out of control as Meiko balanced herself.

The puppet itself would have crashed into the trees, but the master pulled it back at the last moment, having it instead simply dangle from its strings. "DAMN YOU! STOP BREAKING MY PROPS!" Hovering on the spot, Meiko smirked as much as she could with a weapon in her mouth. Still it was a fruitless gesture. Even if she managed to fight off all the puppets, she needed to find the puppeteer, otherwise he could simply escape and fight another day. If he had managed to extract some vital information from the Genin, then he was a threat to the entire village. This had to end now.

SC Used:
Spoiler:

Jutsu Used:
Spoiler:

Equipment Used:
Spoiler:

Chakra Remaining: 100/150
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Ruka
Ruka

PostSubject: Re: Kidnapped! [Mission] [Ruka] Kidnapped! [Mission] [Ruka] EmptyFri 16 Jan 2015, 5:30 pm

Mana observed the movements of the bladed puppet the whole way. Moving her body just slightly so that his blade misses her heart wouldn‘t be easy but it had to be done. There was no way that Mana could beat this guy and save Meiko in the crushed mental state that she‘s in, even if somehow she did miraculously recover she‘d need some serious patching up before she could stand up to the man again. One of his puppets did catch some flames and took heavy damage, it was still way too tough to tell its state but having the intense blazing in mind there wasn‘t too much hope for it.

The magician’s eyes desperately wanted to close, she didn’t want to see the blade go through her body even if she did move and survive it. Still, she had to keep her eyes peeled and watch it closely so that she doesn’t miss the timing, there was a very thin line between success and failure here. If she succeeds she’d still need to hold the blade firmly enough for her friend and the genin to escape, then she would still need to incinerate her own body so it isn’t used for a puppet. Being abused after one’s death, being used as a tool for murder after you’re supposed to have eternal rest is the worst thing that could ever happen.

The blade moved closer and closer, it was almost like time slowed down… And then the blade stopped! It was Meiko’s only usable arm that grabbed it. “Damn it, I should’ve known that she’d be persistent.” Mana thought, this way both of them will die here, so will the young genin Mana promised to save. If her friend just bolted with the genin the magician’s promise would’ve still been kept, even in her dire emotional state she’d be able to save him even if that meant sacrificing herself. Why didn’t Meiko understand that?

Instead of running away her friend just kept holding on to this fight and talking to Mana as if she saw some great and amazing hero inside of her. Where was this hero? Where was this person of which Meiko spoke? Was there even such a person to begin with? Maybe her best friend was only her friend because she thought that Mana was someone she wasn’t. Then again, Mana wasn’t always the way she was today, she wasn’t always gripping at her old unhealed wounds and unable to move properly, she wasn’t always mentally broken… She used to be pretty awesome… What happened to that person? Maybe Meiko was right?

Her friend was fighting with the last of her strength but even she has admitted that Mana was pretty much useless to her. That all she could do is just sit still and do her sensory work properly as she was supposed to in the first place. “Some hero I am…” Mana thought as she watched her friend pull in the puppet and bust it with an awesome kick. “Did I really hope to fight the Parabrahma like this? Maybe I never wanted to beat them, maybe I never wanted to win in the first place and that’s the problem… It’s just like that time in my mind. I can’t sense that man because I don’t believe in myself, I don’t believe in my abilities because I’m not concentrated. My mind is all over so I can’t reach out and feel him properly.

Mana stood up as she saw Meiko take off. Her eyes were still dull and lifeless but she could feel it. She could feel the man! He never even tried to hide, he never even had such an ability. It was because of Mana’s own walls that she built around herself that she wasn’t able to sense him. She was afraid of failure so much that she built walls around herself, walls that kept her from breaking free, kept her from fighting properly and kept her from feeling this man. This idiot was nothing to her, he didn’t even know how to hide his chakra, his chakra wasn’t even that impressive. He was just another scumbag who has moved one step above other scumbags and pretended he’s something he’s actually not. His chakra didn’t even reach half of the Parabrahma’s puppeteer.

I failed Meiko, she needed me, she needed a sensor to warn her of this weakling so she could crush him. The only reason we got so injured was because I failed, I failed because I’m afraid of failure which makes me afraid to make a move. That needs to stop now…” Mana mumbled under her own nose as her hands went through some handseals and she took some blood off of her wound and slapped it to the ground. She summoned Usushiko, after this both Mana and Meiko will need some medical help. “What’s wrong with yer eyes, Mana-sama? Why are you fighting now? Why aren’t you resting?” Mana didn’t even respond to the colossal partner of hers.

She just pointed at a small spot right near the top of a cliff. The puppeteer was sticking to a wall using some sort of camouflaging cape so it was tough to see him. “I ain’t fighting that runt…” Usushiko pouted, he had a point, this guy was way below the usual enemies Mana asked him to fight and Usushiko wasn’t the fighting anyone type. “Very well, then please heal Meiko when this is over, she suffered a lot of pain because of my failure.” Mana said as she made some handseals and started staggering forward.

A clone appeared in a puff of smoke, Mana saw the target and knew how to smoke him out – she’ll blow the whole cliff and the forest around him to bits. The genin was at a safe range from the estimated blast, Meiko was way up, she could’ve gotten tossed aside by the shockwave but Usushiko would take care of her later. She and her clone made hand seals at the same time, she had never used two of her Elemental Dragon Techniques at the same time, the last time that her elemental dragon collided with a strengthening element it blew the entire battlefield to bits. She had to use something that’ll reveal the man but won’t make too much of an explosion.

A chakra beam in the form of a fiery dragon shot out of Mana’s clone, Mana shot out a small hurricane herself. The small hurricane would’ve expanded into a dragon of wind chakra right near the cliff. If successfully executed it’d blow the entire cliff to bit and burn that stupid camouflage cape if not the blasted puppeteer himself. It was more than likely that he would survive, he may have been quick on his feet but the explosion would’ve left nowhere for him to hide from Meiko – the true hero of Konohagakure…

The chakra collided right at the edge of the cliff. For a moment there was silence, then a vortex of fiery blaze blasted out the cliff he hid at and the trees around it. As the blast and the smoke cleared Mana could feel his chakra weakened severely down on the ground. He was now exposed and injured, it was tough to tell how much but it couldn’t have been anything above Meiko’s abilities. She wasn’t the kind to give up… The young woman made that abundantly clear. Mana fell down on her knees. The combination of techniques took the air out of her. For the second time in the same week she used up almost all of her chakra. The young woman put her hand in front to stop her face from hitting the dirt. Her vision was blurry and she could feel blood and sweat falling down off of her face and her body.

You sure you don’t need a heal?” Usushiko asked, as a medical summon he probably knew how dire Mana’s condition was but it wasn’t dire enough for him to not ask and heal her. It must’ve not been an emergency. “I think that qualifies as “finding him”…” Mana said to herself quietly as her weakened body fell down on her elbows. Just barely the magician could lift her head up and observe how Meiko was doing. “Go and heal her…” Mana ordered, “If my best friend, a person who saved my life more times I can count dies here my contract with the rabbits will be over, consider that before you deem it “unworthy of your attention”.” the young Sennin uttered in a dull and lacking of any feeling tone. It must’ve been so cold that Usushiko didn’t even object.

The rabbit started walking forward slowly towards Meiko’s general location with orders to heal her up. He wouldn’t bother to engage the puppeteer unless directly attacked because to him the man was nothing but trash.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Daedalus
Konoha Nin
Daedalus

PostSubject: Re: Kidnapped! [Mission] [Ruka] Kidnapped! [Mission] [Ruka] EmptySat 17 Jan 2015, 2:10 am

Hovering fifteen meters in the air, Meiko scanned the area trying to find the puppeteer while occasionally dodging the clumsy attacks of the bird puppet. With its wing damaged it could not move through the air very well, even when it was just being tossed about by its strings. Still, even with her high elevation she could not find his hiding place. Since she lacked Ninjutsu, she couldn't just try and blast him out either. Even if she did, she might not have the chakra reserves to pull it off either. Still, she was not about to give up. Not now, not ever. The bird puppet charged again, this time however Meiko chose to counterattack. Spinning to the left, Meiko avoided the talons and with a swing of her head, slashed at the joint of the puppet's good wing. Her dagger was able to cut through the wooden joint as though it were nothing. Even though the weapon was currently held in her mouth, Meiko's monstrous strength combined with the obscene sharpness of the blade made such attacks still effective.

The loss of the second wing caused the bird to spiral out of control. Even with the Chakra strings holding it up, the wings were too far gone. They now hampered the puppet more than helped. The puppeteer knew this too and simply allowed it to fall to the ground. With the puppet disposed of, Meiko pumped a bit more power to her pack and flew higher, up to forty meters. This high up, she could see for miles in every direction, but still nothing revealed her target. Below her, currently beyond Meiko's notice, Mana had gotten back to her feet and summoned her gigantic rabbit. The beast materialized behind Meiko, the smoke from its materialization just reaching her as it faded out. Curious as to what happened, Meiko turned to see the massive beast laying just behind Mana. As high as she was at the moment, the beast was nearly touching her. A mere ten meters separated her from the fuzzy summon. The beast spoke with Mana who had managed to get back on her feet. She could not smile too much with the dagger in her mouth, but a slight twitch did occur.

Mana had chosen to fight, there was still a spark of her old self underneath all that depression and fear. Mana formed a clone and both unleashed massive jutsus of their own. One a dragon of fire, the other a dragon of wind. The two dragons then merged together, forming a single gigantic dragon that charged at a second cliff, this one was a few meters from the cliff that held the cave. Instinctively, Meiko pulled back a bit further as the dragon collided with the rock. For a fraction of a second, there was silence, then everything was engulfed in flame as the dragon exploded. The entire cliff and surrounding foliage were vapourized in a flash. The next moment, there was only smoke rising from a crater. "YES! I KNEW YOU COULD DO IT MANA!" Meiko tried to scream, although the dagger in her mouth reduced it to some loud mumbles.

From the smoke however, Meiko did catch sight of something trying to escape. This puppet user wasn't done yet. He had pulled out another bird puppet and was using this one to fly away. Below her, Meiko did not notice that Mana had fallen to her knees, barely able to stand anymore. Right now, all of her focus was on her target. It was time to take this bastard down. Jetpack flaring, Meiko rocketed towards him at full speed. The puppeteer spotted her flying in and screamed in both horror and rage. "No! Stay back! You've already ruined enough!" With his true body revealed, it appeared that all his courage had gone with it. Speeding towards him, Meiko's jetpack was far faster than his puppet and he quickly discovered this. A dark cloak flew off of his body revealing several scrolls connected to his body. Every one of them was thrown off releasing a puppet each, four puppets emerging in total.

Two moved into a defensive stance near him while the other two charged at Meiko. Fighting them off would be too difficult at this point so Meiko went with an easier path. Her jetpack not only provided speed in the air, but unparalleled mobility. Shifting to the left sharply at the last moment, the first puppet flashed by harmlessly. The second then began adjusting its path to intercept. Meiko countered by pulling up and spinning in an arc overhead. With both puppets behind her, she corrected her own path and charged straight for the master. The puppets behind her were too slow to catch up, their bodies generated far too much wind resistance at these speeds to have a hope of catching her. In response, the two defensive puppets' torsos burst open, creating a wall of blades. "So what is it girl!? Fly at me and get skewered!? Or fall back and die to the others!" Meiko wanted to say neither, but there was no way she could form words at the moment. Instead, her actions would speak for her.

The dagger in her mouth began to glow with an ethereal flame. Around her, an aura of chakra formed, invisible to the naked eye. The puppet master was rather skilled at hiding his strings, and even if she could see them, only chakra could cut chakra. But that was just it, those strings dictated everything a puppeteer could do. Cut them, and they were helpless. And she had just the blade to do it. Closing in the distance, she was now just ten meters from the puppeteer. At her current speed, it would only be a couple seconds until she would smack headfirst into those puppets. Said puppets hovered two meters away from their master. This would give her a three meter room for error. At the absolute maximum range of her aura, the chakra began to mold together until it formed a tangible form. A ghost-like spectre of Meiko materialized, a copy of the dagger in hand. The phantom was able to pass effortlessly through the puppets as it was just a visualization of chakra. The only solid part about it was the dagger's blade in its hand.

"W-WHAT THE HELL IS THAT!?" The puppeteer cried in terror as the phantom's face contored into an evil grin and slashed the dagger across the area just ahead of the puppeteer's fingertips. As this dagger was made of pure chakra, it would have no issues cutting through the strings and being so close, it was certain to sever most, if not all the strings. As it faded from existance, the puppets defending the master fell limp and began their descent towards earth. Meiko had to raise herself up slightly to avoid being caught by anything, but now she had a clear shot. "No! NO! NOOOOOOO!!!!" The puppeteer cried out as Meiko flew by, her dagger cutting deep into his collar bone. Skin, muscle and bone gave way to the blade and a torrent of blood sprayed out into the open air as Meiko flew by.

The blow was more than enough to dismount him from his last puppet and the master fell uncontrollably to the ocean below. "No... No... I won't let you take me!" Using his good hand, He tore away his cloak and undershirt, revealing a strange metal plate implanted into his chest. Ripping away the cover revealed a paper tag that Meiko immediately recognized as an improved version of the explosive seal. "SRRRRRRRFFT" She mumble cried and began accelerating away from the man. His body began to glow brighter and brighter until he hit the ocean below. The next moment, a mass of water was blasted skyward, reaching a good twenty meters high before falling back down.

It was a strange feeling, watching that blast. The fight was over, but Meiko wasn't sure if she could call this a true victory. As it was, she could not say if she had killed that man or not. Still, there was not much she could do at this point. Sighing sadly, she returned the dagger to the seal and flew back to the clearing where Mana and the Genin were. Mana's giant rabbit had been following her, but at a rather leisurely pace. Perhaps its massive size prevented any sort of rapid movement? Still, from its size, it would take but a few steps to get back to the clearing. Meiko landed just as the rabbit returned to the clearing, just a few meters from Mana. The girl was utterly exhausted and honestly, so was Meiko. With everything said and done, the pain of her wounds returned tenfold. "Aagh!!" She cried out as she fell backwards, unable to stand any longer. While she expected to hit the ground hard, she instead found herself landing on something extremely soft. Opening her eyes, the giant rabbit had moved to stop her fall. "So much for that theory..." Meiko mumbled.

As she lay in the furs, something rather surprising happened. Meiko could feel her pain rapidly fleeting and control returning to her arms. "Oh... this is nice..." The feeling was something akin to a hotspring. Warm and inviting. Looking to Mana who was on the ground just a short distance away, Meiko smiled softly "Heh, we really did it, huh?" Were Meiko's last words as she drifted into a short nap.

SC Used:
Spoiler:

Jutsu Used:
Spoiler:

Equipment Used:
Spoiler:

Chakra Remaining: 74/150
Spoiler:

Last edited by Daedalus on Sat 17 Jan 2015, 12:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ruka
Ruka

PostSubject: Re: Kidnapped! [Mission] [Ruka] Kidnapped! [Mission] [Ruka] EmptySat 17 Jan 2015, 12:37 pm

Mana couldn‘t even force her head up to finish watching the battle. She was tired, injured, the little pride she had obtained after saving the village was now in shambles. She failed her friend, she failed the genin she tried so desperately to save. The magician wasn‘t even sure how she should feel right now, should she be ashamed? She was nothing but that. Should she feel depressed, afraid to show her face to anyone? That was check as well. Here she was, having done nothing productive, lying beaten on the dirt, just barely keeping her head up so that her face doesn’t dive deep into the dirt.

Here, Mana-sama, let me help.” the genin finally felt like it was close to the end enough for him to show up, he flipped Mana’s body up and examined the wound on her leg. “I’m a bit of a medical ninja, I can help you since you sent Usushiko-san out to heal Meiko-san.” the boy said with a smile. Why was he smiling? It was almost as if Mana wasn’t the single most mission ruining thing that has ever happened this day. He spread her wound wide causing the young woman to bite her lip pretty hard out of the pain. “You rubbed some dirt into it, I need to clean it out so that it’s not infected…” he explained as he sprayed some weird spray in there.

Mana’s head fell down on the ground and looked to the side. “I hope I’m not overstepping my boundaries but… I have seen you fight, I was lying in that bodypile when you fought Ayushi… It was really brave for you to take on those puppets but… You didn’t fight like yourself, the Mana-sama I saw fight so many times could’ve beaten all of those puppets with one attack… What happened?” tears started filling Mana’s eyes as she closed them.  “Well, anyways, I’ve got the wound taken care of, I don’t seem to locate any broken bones or anything dangerous from the beating you took other than the cut, I think you were lucky…” “I just know how to take a beating already…” Mana replied with an emotionless tone, the genin laughed out at first but then stopped, he thought it was a joke but Mana’s tone confused him.

I mean it’s nothing bad, Mana-sama. Misperformance in battle happens to ninja, the people always say you’re sensitive girl and take things the wrong way… I just hope it won’t make you feel bad or anything, I mean… Man, I’m bad at this…” the genin stopped talking and started looking for words. “I guess what I wanted to say was that I’m still alive, Meiko-san is still alive… I just don’t see how exactly you have failed today, sometimes I fail to stitch up a simple cut too, it happens… Although not YOUR cut, I’m pretty sure I did yours perfectly!” the boy smiled and gave the magician a thumb up before fixing himself awkwardly and laughing out.

I mean, I think I’m overstepping my boundaries again but… Meiko-san was right about what she yelled out all over the forest… Back when you fought Ayushi you pushed him into a corner, I thought I was dreaming – a Special Jounin, an entertainer, someone people considered to be just for show pushed an S rank ninja into a corner but then… When he took over our bodies… You just gave up, you accepted death. Just like today, when you set that puppet on fire you didn’t follow it up or anything, you just let your hands down and let that man keep beating you… People love you, don’t pull this on them, don’t make them go through losing you. Today I pulled my beaten butt off the ground just because I believed in you, people need their symbol to believe in, they need someone to help them say “fuck it” and push their butts off the ground, you know?

Mana sat back up and wiped her tears with her sleeve.  She could feel Usushiko’s chakra fading which meant that he was healing Meiko up. That rabbit had the power to heal almost lethal injuries in just mere moments. He saved Mana from dying by healing her faster than her consciousness could fade multiple times. Meiko will be alright… She did great beating that guy, she did even better not giving up. “You keep telling me how you believe in me, how I’m a hero and yet… All I do is cause destruction and pain. I make people fear me, even if it is bad people, that’s not a way of a true hero. You’re a true hero – you’re a medical ninja who saves people’s lives, Meiko is a true hero, she may be causing destruction and pain to her enemies but at least she doesn’t fail anyone because she doesn’t have the capacity to give up. She has grown so much since I first met her, to think that she used to be the shy and lacking confidence…

The genin stood up and looked at Usushiko coming back from the ruined forest. The sheer size of the rabbit still intimidated the boy. “It’s okay to give up sometimes, we all have bad draw sometimes. Just don’t give up on yourself because other people won’t.” the genin said and put his hand forward helping Mana stand up. “Ye need a heal, stupid?” Usushiko asked with a strange tone, as if he was talking to a child. “No, this young gentleman did enough.” Mana replied, her tone wasn’t cold and distant anymore, she was pouting, just like a child would be. Usushiko laughed out and pushed her with the tip of his ear causing Mana to fall down on her butt. He lifted the genin up on his head with his ear. “Thanks, kid, this girl is like a goddamn child at times, I think I'll just keep reminding her of that from now on…” he said.

Something was wrong with Usushiko’s mouth, he must’ve held the beaten puppetmaster and his puppets in his mouth. “So will you lift me up or what?” Mana pouted again, Usushiko messed up her hair with his ear and started walking, “Some other time, maybe, Mana-chan…” the rabbit said as he kept moving forward at an alarming rate, his large feet made him get a tremendous advantage in distance. “So I guess the stab wound in my side only hurt because I wasn’t myself, I didn’t want it healed properly… I guess mind really is pretty strong… Heh, Satsuki-san, you can rest in peace. No one will die the way you did any more and if they will… I’ll make damn sure they won’t die in vain, I’m not afraid to fail anymore, I know I will fail at times but I will stand back up and fight, just like Meiko did today!

Don’t want to interrupt your mental monologue, princess, but are you coming or not!?” Usushiko yelled out from a mile away. Mana jumped up and rushed on ahead. She didn’t know just what Meiko’s condition was but her chakra felt calm, Usushiko must’ve healed her up, still she must’ve been really tired… She should be, she’s done all the work while all Mana did was whine whole day. At least her stubbornness finally taught the magician a lesson, despite her failure this day wasn’t just that. Some successes were achieved as well. Mana’s pride suffered a great deal, she’ll be afraid to get in Meiko’s way again but… At least she knows what she needs to change now, she has a direction to head to!

[MISSION END]

[TRAVEL HOME]

Catching up to Usushiko was just so incredibly tough. His legs and wide steps seemed to take him so far ahead and Mana’s bandaged leg still hurt like nothing she’s acquired recently. “Great, now I’ll have more wounds to recover from…” the magician thought to herself. It wasn’t like the medical ninja won’t heal it up right after she shows it to them, the only reason why the genin didn’t heal it here was because he was extremely low on chakra. The little activity he has shown was fueled by belief in Mana alone. He just didn’t want to be a burden so he kept standing despite being tortured off his feet.

Usushiko seemed to just go right over the lake, it was probably just not deep enough to submerge the rabbit. “Awww come on!” Mana pouted as she saw the rabbit making its way over the lake and out on the other side by the time she even got to the lake house and the small boat. “He’s not going to make it through the town though, he’s way too big…” Mana thought to herself as she sat into a small boat and started making her way through the lake slowly and tediously. She was really tired so pulling this on her for Usushiko was just cruel and immature.

After Mana made her way to the other side she wanted to express her dislike for the new treatment that her rabbit friend started showing her but he just dispelled himself after putting Meiko and the genin down on the ground. The magician could only sigh and hope that her armored friend was awake already. If Meiko was awake Mana would’ve slowly moved towards the small town and the port to take her back to the Fire Country port from which the road back to the village was short. If Meiko wasn’t away she would’ve just asked the rower to stay over his place for the night, he was really scared of her anyways…

Once the girls and the genin got onboard the ship back to Fire Country it was just the easy sail home. Mana wouldn’t be very talkative or social throughout the whole thing, she knew she messed up on that mission, she knew she couldn’t mess up again but that didn’t change the fact she was ashamed of her performance. The pathetic runt out there wasn’t the hero who saved the village so many times, it was a pathetic and sad little whiner who had little to no regard for her own life as well as lives of the villagers that may have been lost of her body was taken control of. It was the last time that Mana would be so stupid and so pathetic, that much the magician could promise herself.

The young Sennin spent her entire time in her small cabin onboard. Laying down on her bed, wrapped in a small human ball. She had plenty to think about, about the way this mission went, the way her future missions would go, how this mission may have hurt Meiko’s view to Mana. It was entirely possible that her friend now viewed the magician as someone different than the friend that she made in her youth. In a way she was different but Mana wanted to believe that she wasn’t really the person she was on this mission.

Soon the ship would’ve arrived to the Fire Country port. From there it was just a tedious four or five hour walk to the village. When the three would’ve come back there would be a warm welcome without a doubt, they would be praised as heroes but Mana would’ve done her best to slip past the welcome and sneaked back home. This was Meiko’s big day, the day she was officially recognized as a hero and she deserved it, all that Mana cared about was recovering and getting better, improving her mindset so that no one ever has to see her as miserable and pathetic as she was on this mission…

674/600

[EXIT]
Back to top Go down
Daedalus
Konoha Nin
Daedalus

PostSubject: Re: Kidnapped! [Mission] [Ruka] Kidnapped! [Mission] [Ruka] EmptySat 17 Jan 2015, 2:26 pm

Once Meiko had passed out, the world was lost to her. There were no dreams during this rest, just the peaceful bliss of sleep. While it was never advised for one to fall asleep in the hotsprings, sleeping here was one of the most wonderful things in the world. Perhaps, as a final fleeting thought, when she returned home Meiko would try and create some Fuuinjutsu to convert her mattress into a giant heating pad. With that final thought, she was gone. Usushiko Then used her massive ears to raise Meiko to the safety of her back, followed by the young Genin before moving on towards the village. Had the rabbit chosen to cross through the forest, its sheer size would crush the trees and leave a massive trail to the battle zone. Instead, it opted to cross through the lake. Even though at the deepest point it reached, the water only reached halfway up its body. Being this large obviously had its own advantages.

Mana however, was not so fortunate. While Meiko and the Genin had first class tickets on the rabbit express, Meiko had to commandeer a rowboat she found and attempt to keep up with the rabbit. Likely, this was Usushiko's way of punishing Mana for being such an idiot in the fight. Thankfully the Genin had been trained in medical ninjutsu and was able to heal up Mana's leg to a point where she could walk again. Still the giant rabbit showed her no mercy and continued to gain distance on his master. What took the old man twenty minutes to row across, Usushiko crossed in under five. Once he emerged from the water, The rabbit gently placed Meiko and the Genin gently onto the ground and dismissed itself. Vanishing in a gigantic blast of white smoke. Now on the ground, Meiko was slowly beginning to wake, the Genin moved towards the lakeside and sat himself down. Waiting on his hero to catch up. Meiko may have been the one to strike down the puppet master, but to him, Mana would always be his hero.

As with the old man, it took Mana quite some time to cross the lake, longer so due to remaing wounds. The Genin may have been a healer but even so, he could not completely fix all of Mana's wounds in such a short time. Had Usushiko allowed her on his back it would have been a different story. Still, half an hour later Mana finally arrived and pulled the boat onto shore. She then approached Meiko to check if she were still sleeping. Indeed, Meiko had remained asleep on the ground, but the change from the wonderful comfort of the rabbit's back to the cold hard ground had all but brought her back to consciousness. It wasn't until Mana approached however, did she open her eyes. "Hey there, what took you so long?" She said with a small laugh before pulling herself to her feet. Most of her wounds had been healed, all but the most severe were gone. Only her left arm kept a large bruise and there was some scar tissue still on her hand, not that was anything new. Another scar among many.

Stretching and brushing the dirt off her back as best she could, Meiko took a deep breath and with one final chakra surge, sealed her armour back into her seal. "Ah, I love that suit but I've outgrown it so much it isn't even funny anymore. If not for the jetpack still being attached I would have hung it up months ago." Meiko had made that armour years ago, when she was appointed as a Genin. Over the years she had grown, it hadn't. The final result was a very uncomfortable fit that, in a few more months, would result in the armour being completely unwearable. With one final stretch, Meiko smiled at her two companions. "Well, time to go home. I'm sure there's a few people waiting to see you again." She smiled at the Genin as the group made their way to the docks. The ship they arrived on should still be in port and perhaps, with a bit of persuasion, they could convince them to set sail early.

[Mission End]

[Travel Begin]

The group reached the docks a few minutes after Meiko had awoken. The captain who had brought them over was still unloading cargo when they arrived. "Oho, you two put on quite a show. We saw that explosion and rabbit from here. Few folks were worried it might try and trample the village. Glad to see you're all okay though. It would be a waste to lose two pretty girls like that." He then looked to the Genin and nodded with a smile. "Good to see you're alright too lad. You must feel quite lucky to be saved by these two lasses." The Genin grinned for a moment, but when he realized both Mana and Meiko's eyes were on him, he blushed a beet red and stepped back in embarrassment. The captain let out a deep laugh at this, his large belly practically rolling with each breath. "I take it you want to head home as soon as possible. Sadly I can't help ya. We still got to empty our ship and if I don't get these goods sold, I don't eat. I'll ask around for you though, I know a few ships leaving back for the Fire Country, their captains owe me a few favours. I'll get ya home." With a grin, the Captain made is way down the docks.

It did not take long for him to return, only ten minutes had passed when he waddled his way back, grin plastered over his face. "Alright, I got you a vessel. Not as fancy as my boat, but it will suffice. Third one down, just tell them I sent ya and all will go well." Smiling back, Meiko bowed to the Captain. "Thank you very much, we're extremely grateful to you." "Heh, no need to thank me. I'm just glad I could help. Now be off with ya, I need the space to unload some more crates." The three made their way down the docks to the ship in question. After asking for the captain and telling him their situation, they were permitted on board. Once final preparations were finished, they would set sail for home.

Mana immediately ducked back under the deck and secured herself a cabin once again. The Genin looked to protest this but Meiko stopped him. "It's alright, she just needs some alone time to think about things. She'll be alright." For once, Meiko was confident about this. Something in Mana's eyes had changed. She was not off to wallow in self pity again, but it was best to leave her alone. Meiko then moved to the port side of the boat, resting herself against the railing and just looked out to the open ocean. "It's huge, isn't it? Nothing but blue in every direction, I think we're in for a peaceful voyage."

Peaceful it was. The winds were favourable and the skies clear. They were actually able to make better time getting back than they did coming to Moon. They reached the docks by evening, the sun still holding itself in the sky, if barely. Disembarking, Meiko was yawning. She had been awake for the entire voyage and exhaustion was hitting her big time. "Well, what do you guys think? Spend the night here? Or try to race the sun and get home before nightfall?" Judging by the grins she got in return, it was the latter. "Hehehe, alright then. Try and keep up." With that, she darted off towards the forest. Her legs were stronger than the others so her start was much stronger. Meiko did hold back however, not wanting to be a jerk, she kept herself ahead of them enough to give them a competitive spark. In the end however, the sun won the race. They did not reach the gates of Konoha until a good three hours past nightfall. Still, they were finally home.

[Travel End - 644/600]

[Exit]

[End]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kidnapped! [Mission] [Ruka] Kidnapped! [Mission] [Ruka] Empty

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum