Ultimate Shinobi - A Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Thoughts.

View previous topic View next topic Go down
Yuuji Inuzuka
Nukenin
Yuuji Inuzuka

Thoughts. Vide
PostSubject: Thoughts. Thoughts. EmptyWed 28 Jan 2015, 11:10 pm

I'm not sure what to do anymore, I've kind of lost interest in my character at all in the current state of mind.
Even my own original idea for my clan and a new character, I've kind of lost interest in now slightly also.
Depression is a horrible thing, trying to keep others happy while trying to post for them and whatever else, seems to just cause stress because I don't want to let anyone down yet I can't write anything.

Then comes the decision between if I want to go ahead with the new idea of mine if I can get back into it, is to archive or kill off, since it requires a higher rank for a second character.
But I think I'm gonna be quitting or taking a break for a while unless things somehow start to look up and get better.
Back to top Go down
Ruka
Ruka

Thoughts. Vide
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts. Thoughts. EmptyWed 28 Jan 2015, 11:17 pm

Taking a break is really the best option. I kept thinking of killing off my character and wanted to do it for so long but I'm happy that I left it ominous in the actual death topic because after a break some of my inspiration to write came back. Writing now actually helps me cope with my depression.

As you may have known I know quite well what depression feels like, I've been hit by it pretty bad and I'm still coping with it but if you lost inspiration the best you can do is stop doing whatever you're doing, relax and take a break. I know that when you're depressed even your favorite stuff no longer give you any interest or satisfaction so just entertain yourself doing whatever you feel like doing.

The urges are temporary, they come and go. I'm yet to find out if depression itself is temporary but it can also be dealt with in time. The best option in your case would be not doing any sudden permanent actions and just taking some time to get your stuff back together. The worst thing you can do (TRUST ME!!!) is doing whatever your urges tell you to do, trust me, you'll regret it when things brighten up and they eventually will.

Life is a changing cycle between dark moments and bright ones, don't make any decisions during the darker ones...
Back to top Go down
Anna
Anna

Thoughts. Vide
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts. Thoughts. EmptyThu 29 Jan 2015, 5:33 am

A break truly is best. Try reading an interesting book or watch a few movies. Sometimes you can obtain inspiration in weird ways, especially when reading or watching things. I truly hope you feel better and can honestly say that I have been there; referring to a case of depression. I had the opposite effect, this forum was actually one of my crutches and helped me feel better, but it is different for everyone.

Just know that you truly are a good writer and I enjoy reading what you hadve. I've been worried about you recently because I have seen your activity decrease in some regards and I truly hope it picks up in the future again. Do what you need to do to feel better. Even if you don't want to return to US, please let us know you're leaving for good so we aren't wondering where you went Sad. Overall, I do hope for a quick return on your end and that you feel better.

Again, just try to take a break and relax. Usually it's when you're not looking for inspiration that inspiration tends to strike like a wildfire. Just make sure you don't let it burn out Wink
Back to top Go down
MsMoney
Wanderer
MsMoney

Thoughts. Vide
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts. Thoughts. EmptyThu 29 Jan 2015, 7:01 pm

Take care. <3

Come quickly back so I can have someone to braid again. Nyan
Back to top Go down
Hitomi Shiruku
Konoha Nin
Hitomi Shiruku