Ultimate Shinobi - A Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New Jutsu [Done]

View previous topic View next topic Go down
Hiruzen
Hiruzen

New Jutsu [Done] Vide
PostSubject: New Jutsu [Done] New Jutsu [Done] EmptySat 21 Feb 2015, 1:04 am

Name: Iaido: Higasa no Mai [Halo Dance]
Type: Weaponry
Range: Mid (5m - 10m)
Element: Katon
Description: By channeling fire chakra into the blade and drawing the blade, a crescent wave of fire is fired towards the target. Following the trajectory of the strike, they can be horizontal, vertical or diagonal. The flames have a high temperature, enough to scorch away clothing and sear the flesh underneath it by causing second degree burns on contact. Depending on how much chakra is spent, this attack can fire a total of three fire waves at the enemy.
Chakra Cost: 15cp (+5 for each additional fireball)

Name: Iaido: Seisen Hasaki [Holy War Blade Edge]
Type: Weaponry
Range: Close/Mid (0m - 10m)
Element: -
Description: By channeling hermit chakra into the blade and drawing it from the scabbard, a golden chakra that cover the blade follows in the wake of the strike. The golden chakra that covers the blade reaches a maximum range of ten meters and gives the user a far greater reach than they would normally have. What is great about this technique is not that it increases one's striking power but the fact that it can be combined with other drawing techniques from the Iaido school. In short, this technique enhances another strike by greatly increases it's range for a single strike.
Chakra Cost: 15cp

Name: Magen: Heki Shinjutsu [Demonic Illusion: False Reality]
Type: Genjutsu
Medium: Saiketsu
Range: Read here
Element: N/a
Description: This is a Genjutsu that activates through the powerful Lavender scent left by Saiketsu. When caught in the Genjutsu, the somatic nervous system, kinesthetics, visual, auditory, gustatory, olfaction and temporal senses to put someone into a false reality. The moment the target gets caught, they will engage in combat with an illusionary version of Hiruzen while removing the real one from sight while the fact that they smelled the lavender will only register in their mind after at least one post due to the genjutsu affected the temporal lobe. Since this "clone" is formed in the exact same spot as the original and knows all of Hiruzen's jutsu and moves, it is very hard to figure out that they are actually in a Genjutsu. When they get cut, they will see and feel the wound, they will smell and feel it if they get burned, they will taste blood in their mouth if they get punched in the face and will experience everything the same as they would in real life, even if they lose a limb or get severely burnt. Because this false reality is so incredibly realistic, all chakra used by the target for jutsu will be taken out of their chakra pool and all the running and fighting they will do will tire them out, just like it would in real life. While they are in the Genjutsu, they will just be standing still in the same pose they were in at the exact moment when they got caught in it. This jutsu will last for three posts before it runs out on it's own.
Chakra Cost: 38cp [9cp per post]

Last edited by Hiruzen on Fri 27 Feb 2015, 2:25 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
lifeanddeath
lifeanddeath

New Jutsu [Done] Vide
PostSubject: Re: New Jutsu [Done] New Jutsu [Done] EmptyTue 24 Feb 2015, 1:18 am

Magen: Heki Shinjutsu [Demonic Illusion: False Reality]: An item cannot be used as a Genjutsu Focus unless it is denoted as a Genjutsu Focus. Further a Genjutsu focus cannot have an extra set of effects.
Back to top Go down
Hiruzen
Hiruzen

New Jutsu [Done] Vide
PostSubject: Re: New Jutsu [Done] New Jutsu [Done] EmptyTue 24 Feb 2015, 1:13 pm

I don't think the rules have made that much clear enough as I was told we could have two Genjutsu Focus's and with my Sharingan and my sword, I now have two. The Sharingan is a Genjutsu focus, though it also has a set of abilities other than casting Genjutsu. The sword I use is chakra conductive and acts as a focus because I was told a sword could have two things like an ability, chakra conductivity or superior quality stuff. Like I said before, I was not aware, nor did I find anything about a Genjutsu Focus not being able to have any further effects outside of the focus itself because the Sharingan is clearly overstepping those boundaries already.

US Admin :: Genjutsu Guide wrote:
Genjutsu Focus + Multiple Targets). Only one medium per Genjutsu.

So i'm not really sure where to continue with this as I have done nothing wrong and the rule of a Genjutsu focus not being capable of doing anything outside of focusing Genjutsu seems to not be a thing. Given the rules on Genjutsu and the fact that what you said doesn't seem to be anywhere in the Guide, I don't see why this Jutsu could not be approved since it follows the rules.

I mean, if it has to be done, the sword can be put down as my second and final Focus, but there is nothing about Focus's not being able to have other abilities.
Back to top Go down
lifeanddeath
lifeanddeath

New Jutsu [Done] Vide
PostSubject: Re: New Jutsu [Done] New Jutsu [Done] EmptySat 28 Feb 2015, 12:41 am

Your sword was not approved as a Genjutsu focus, nor did it have that denoted in the abilities section of the template. Nor would/should it have been approved with the listed ability and a no chakra cost with the concept of it being a Genjutsu focus in mind, but because it was not noted as such the moderation proceeded differently.

Secondly, lets not pretend that the rules on US aren't fluid. Majority of them are outdated or due for hefty updates to begin with. As with all rules, there may be circumstances where something not directly specified has to be enforced. That being said, an update to Genjutsu focus' will be rolling out of the staff lounge in due progress.
Back to top Go down
Hiruzen
Hiruzen

New Jutsu [Done] Vide
PostSubject: Re: New Jutsu [Done] New Jutsu [Done] EmptySat 28 Feb 2015, 4:48 pm

lifeanddeath wrote:
Secondly, lets not pretend that the rules on US aren't fluid. Majority of them are outdated or due for hefty updates to begin with. As with all rules, there may be circumstances where something not directly specified has to be enforced. That being said, an update to Genjutsu focus' will be rolling out of the staff lounge in due progress.

Which is exactly my point. A couple of months ago, I was told that if I was to get the Fan I was making at the time approved [before it was deemed a mid-range weapon], I had to list it as a Genjutsu Focus. Things got rather vague and I recall something along the lines of the jutsu being made listing the fan itself as a focus. I was under the impression that you had to personally keep track of your Genjutsu Focus's because my Sharingan was one and a second one still had to be made. Now, as for my sword, I added in a single power where I could have added two [chakra channeling]. The rest it had was a reflective sword blade and a lavender scent originating from the scabbard when the blade is drawn. I would not have added that if the sword was not intended for the purpose of Genjutsu as they are quite useless when you keep in mind that it could have had an A ranked power which would do a lot more than make people smell flowers when a sword is drawn and catch one's attention when the sunlight hits the blade.

Now, moving on from the extremely vague rules on Genjutsu Focus's and the like, how are we going to fix this? Like I said, I am willing to have my sword go through the process of approval so that the lavender scented scabbard becomes Hiruzen's second and last Focus.
Back to top Go down
Hiruzen
Hiruzen

New Jutsu [Done] Vide
PostSubject: Re: New Jutsu [Done] New Jutsu [Done] EmptyFri 13 Mar 2015, 7:25 pm

This can be archived, i'll hold off on all of this until the Genjutsu focus stuff has been reworked and things can actually move forward.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Jutsu [Done] Vide
PostSubject: Re: New Jutsu [Done] New Jutsu [Done] Empty

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
-