Ultimate Shinobi - A Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Goodye, Farewell.

View previous topic View next topic Go down
Yuuji Inuzuka
Nukenin
Yuuji Inuzuka

Goodye, Farewell. Vide
PostSubject: Goodye, Farewell. Goodye, Farewell. EmptyMon 23 Feb 2015, 2:30 am

Sadly, seems like my time here has come to an end and as much as I wish it hadn't it really can't be helped at the moment.

If I could find the inspiration to write for the character I currently have it'd be different, but my original idea as much as it's been changed round, argued about and whatever else, it seems staff are pretty short-handed as its been nearly four weeks and it hasn't been sorted when with a short conversation it'd of been dealt with no problem.

But thats not really the reason, its mostly because I have nothing to write for and untill I do, theres little I can do. I want to thank of those who RP'd with me, it was great and its a shame I couldn't RP with others but hopefully that will come at another time.

So untill things are sorted and back standing on their own two legs. It's goodbye, unless convinced otherwise I suppose.
Back to top Go down
Mugen Kousen
Mugen Kousen

Goodye, Farewell. Vide
PostSubject: Re: Goodye, Farewell. Goodye, Farewell. EmptyMon 23 Feb 2015, 2:43 am

It's always sad to see a good member go. I hope you do decide to stick around a bit longer. I have hopes that the staff situation can get turned around or improved. But if you are set on leaving I wish you all the best wherever you find yourself next.

Take care~
Back to top Go down
Rukasu
Rukasu

Goodye, Farewell. Vide
PostSubject: Re: Goodye, Farewell. Goodye, Farewell. EmptyMon 23 Feb 2015, 3:22 am

You dont have to leave, just hit your self in the head with a block of wood and bam a new character idea... or binge watch anime, ideas are everywhere and you could use your imagination.
Back to top Go down
Halo
Halo

Goodye, Farewell. Vide
PostSubject: Re: Goodye, Farewell. Goodye, Farewell. EmptyMon 23 Feb 2015, 5:42 am

I have left a site because I had to wait an entire month for a reply for an open rp and there were other threads going on so they segregated me on that site. i left another one because the staff started to pick on members who simply could not rp well on their site and thought that every person would magically be veteran rpers. but leaving because you are experiencing 'writer's block' isnt a good reason bro. this site has potential. and im giving you my facebook name to add me and lets talk about this. i promise i will do my best to help u get back your mojo. ive recently come out of retirement myself and realized rping isnt immature or unimportant. all of us here, every rper, has the potential to be a professional writer of their own novels or some famous work. as rukasu said, watch some anime dude, we all love it. my facebok name is Stephan Peters. add me and we'll talk.
Back to top Go down
Hitomi Shiruku
Konoha Nin
Hitomi Shiruku

Goodye, Farewell. Vide
PostSubject: Re: Goodye, Farewell. Goodye, Farewell. EmptyMon 23 Feb 2015, 6:06 am

Aw that's sad
I mean for me i'm struggling to figure out the site.

I understand there are mods, I've read the rules countless times, and i've gone over things over and over but there's so much detail that I can't get used to.

In general i'm rping, but at the end of the rp I feel kinda lost. so If it's any consolation you're not the only once feeling a bit out of it too! In general i'm trying but just barely...

hope to see you back someday.
Back to top Go down
Ulkira
Nukenin
Ulkira

Goodye, Farewell. Vide
PostSubject: Re: Goodye, Farewell. Goodye, Farewell. EmptyMon 23 Feb 2015, 6:58 am

I understand that writer's block can be very frustrating, particularly when coupled with a loss of inspiration. My advice would be to try and refer back to the original source of inspiration for your character, or RPing in general. Try reliving that thought process, and see if you can't rekindle your interest in the character. Say, if you made your Inuzuka because you were awed by Kiba (*snorts derisively at the thought that Kiba could be cool*), or because you like dogs in general. "Retrace your steps", as they say. It could even help you come up with some new ideas for your current character's future, or a new character.

I've resorted to this method plenty of times, and it's frequently worked for me. For example: I based some of my character's design on Amon from The Legend of Korra, so watching any episode featuring him gets me reinvested in Masquerade. And of course, there's the actual character named Masquerade from Bakugan Battle Brawlers, who was the original inspiration and face claim of my character.

And as Rukasu very helpfully suggested, watching some anime - or any show, actually - can be of great help as well. Perhaps listening to some songs could be of benefit? I've been told by some people that they found inspiration through music. Another option would be to talk to other people about a character, and bounce ideas off them for its future.

In my opinion, you can't force writer's block away, but you could give it a nudge.

Anyway, I hope you find your drive to RP here again, and return soon.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

Goodye, Farewell. Vide
PostSubject: Re: Goodye, Farewell. Goodye, Farewell. EmptyMon 23 Feb 2015, 7:12 am

Seeing as I experience writer's block every other week (no joke here, it's ridiculous T__T ) I can totally empathise. Personally I usually just hang out on the site until that creative spark hits me and I can write again... but admittedly that can take a LONG time. Usually, watching some anime or show (like Rukasu and then Ulkira mentioned) helps. Good luck Smile

Completely exiling yourself from the site is probably unnecessary :c
Back to top Go down
Ruka
Ruka

Goodye, Farewell. Vide
PostSubject: Re: Goodye, Farewell. Goodye, Farewell. EmptyMon 23 Feb 2015, 9:18 am

Sad <3

I'll miss you...
Back to top Go down
Yuuji Inuzuka
Nukenin
Yuuji Inuzuka

Goodye, Farewell. Vide
PostSubject: Re: Goodye, Farewell. Goodye, Farewell. EmptyMon 23 Feb 2015, 3:26 pm

Like I said before, its -this- character the Inuzuka that I cannot write for anymore, just no inspiration what so ever, it's not so much writers block as I was creating a clan with several attempts and ideas but sadly that failed and in which I was waiting four weeks for, still am but even though I've said I'll scrap that which means a plot idea dies with it.

I have other ideas, other plots but I cannot do anything about them like my new character sheet and is all done and written, yeah the history needs abit more work but that can be worked on another time and its all ready and waiting it just hasn't been looked at again since I said don't worry about the clan and as again I said before I understand that staff is shorthanded but shouldn't be waiting this long for something and its been hard to tolerate it considering how long I've been waiting in total.
Back to top Go down
Flare
Kumo Nin
Flare

Goodye, Farewell. Vide
PostSubject: Re: Goodye, Farewell. Goodye, Farewell. EmptyMon 23 Feb 2015, 6:43 pm

Read if not overly sensitive:

Goodye, Farewell. 815275

No but seriously. Writer's block isn't actually a thing. You only have issues if the barriers between the creative mind, and the critical mind break down and make it hard for you to keep any idea as being 'good'. There are many techniques to eradicate this thing from ever happening, and since taking my classes in Playwriting and Creative Writing... well, I've never had writer's block.

Lack of inspiration is another issue. Writer's block is a fictional thing. Lack of inspiration can happen. But it can just as easily be fixed.

Real or imagined, I hope that the writing issues you're experiencing clear up.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ultimateshinobi.darkbb.com/forum
Hiruzen
Hiruzen

Goodye, Farewell. Vide
PostSubject: Re: Goodye, Farewell. Goodye, Farewell. EmptyMon 23 Feb 2015, 7:31 pm

I don't really think it had to be explained, lol

But yeah, most of us knew what you were struggling with and that it was hard for you to get one of your characters going and to get a second one off the ground, so I can't say that I blame you. That said, I do believe that people have told you to take a break and come back once you felt like some of your writing muse, inspiration, pancakes or whatever you'd like to call it came back. I still believe that taking a break would be the best idea, though how long that break will last is up to you I guess.

Whatever you decide to do, good luck with that.
Back to top Go down
Anna
Anna

Goodye, Farewell. Vide
PostSubject: Re: Goodye, Farewell. Goodye, Farewell. EmptyMon 23 Feb 2015, 8:55 pm

Baby come back to me Goodye, Farewell. 287405
Back to top Go down
Brett
Brett

Goodye, Farewell. Vide
PostSubject: Re: Goodye, Farewell. Goodye, Farewell. EmptyTue 24 Feb 2015, 12:47 am

If you simply cannot think of anything worth roleplaying for you Inuzuka, do not exclude the options of killing off your character (in a reasonable manner), and creating a new one. Just another option.
Back to top Go down
Rukasu
Rukasu

Goodye, Farewell. Vide
PostSubject: Re: Goodye, Farewell. Goodye, Farewell. EmptyTue 24 Feb 2015, 2:12 am

if your heart is in the right place you can do it. I had almost two months of failed character creations, because either the clan was flawed or i could not get into that clan and etc. I must of create five different characters before the one i have now. I am happy that i stuck around since in two day on the 25th of February will be one year with my character. My character is a mix up of a few characters in the Naruto show. Yeah people have their writers block but let your imagination grow, first you need to watch some sponge bob on imagination and then meditate and then focus on what are your favorite anime characters in games and shows and study them... i can guarantee that you can find something that will push you to greatness.
Back to top Go down
Yuuji Inuzuka
Nukenin
Yuuji Inuzuka

Goodye, Farewell. Vide
PostSubject: Re: Goodye, Farewell. Goodye, Farewell. EmptyTue 24 Feb 2015, 2:22 am

As I've said, I have the character that I want all written up, I had the clan that I wanted all written up.
It just got denied several times over and over and in which I decided not to make a clan and just keep the character which means I had to remove some of my customs but there was others that I could keep so I did.

It also means that I've had to change plots around which I wanted to write and stuff but its also opened up new plots for me also which I could possibly do. The only problem is the character hasn't been looked at again, nor do I get an answer when asking about it and other things.
It's not so much the writers block thing, it's simply not having what I want yet, almost feel as ignored and whatnot. But then thats why I said I understand that staff is shorthanded and all that at the moment, which is why it'd be better to wait and hopefully get a response and stuff then either that or I'm just disliked by 'em XD
Back to top Go down
MsMoney
Wanderer
MsMoney

Goodye, Farewell. Vide
PostSubject: Re: Goodye, Farewell. Goodye, Farewell. EmptyTue 24 Feb 2015, 6:45 am

Take care man.

Flare wrote:
Writer's block isn't actually a thing.

Goodye, Farewell. Wtf-wh10
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

Goodye, Farewell. Vide
PostSubject: Re: Goodye, Farewell. Goodye, Farewell. EmptyTue 24 Feb 2015, 3:30 pm

MsMoney wrote:
Flare wrote:
Writer's block isn't actually a thing.

Goodye, Farewell. Wtf-wh10

Goodye, Farewell. ReadImage?iid=412211
Back to top Go down
Yuuji Inuzuka
Nukenin
Yuuji Inuzuka

Goodye, Farewell. Vide
PostSubject: Re: Goodye, Farewell. Goodye, Farewell. EmptyWed 25 Feb 2015, 9:24 pm

Thus on this day, I have decided that I shall give this all another chance and fingers crossed that all goes well, if not then well, yeah. PEACE!
Back to top Go down
Mugen Kousen
Mugen Kousen

Goodye, Farewell. Vide
PostSubject: Re: Goodye, Farewell. Goodye, Farewell. EmptyWed 25 Feb 2015, 10:05 pm

Glad to see you've changed your mind. I hope your newest idea goes off without a hitch!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Goodye, Farewell. Vide
PostSubject: Re: Goodye, Farewell. Goodye, Farewell. Empty

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
-