Ultimate Shinobi - A Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Dead Muse

View previous topic View next topic Go down
BK-201
Kumo Nin
BK-201

Dead Muse Vide
PostSubject: Dead Muse Dead Muse EmptySun 01 Mar 2015, 6:52 am

So yeah, having the weapon concept I've been sitting on for two years shot down took a pretty big chunk of wind out of my sails.

I'll try powering through my current topics, but don't anyone hold their breath.
Back to top Go down
Cross
Cross

Dead Muse Vide
PostSubject: Re: Dead Muse Dead Muse EmptySun 01 Mar 2015, 6:56 am

D:
Back to top Go down
Mugen Kousen
Mugen Kousen

Dead Muse Vide
PostSubject: Re: Dead Muse Dead Muse EmptySun 01 Mar 2015, 7:09 am

Lets be honest, the weapon wasn't really shot down. You lost mid-range functionality and the sword couldn't be bound only to you through the method you tried to implement. The vibration thing is kind of a non-issue since the same exact effect is gained via normal raiton.

Getting upset enough to delete the entire thing is a bit of an over-reaction if you ask me. I would be more than happy to try and work with you to find another way to bind the weapon to yourself so others couldn't use it if that was the big kicker that made the weapon no longer viable for you. But that requires that you keep an open mind about compromise. As for the mid range functionality, I'm sure some kind of work around could be made such as making weapon jutsu to execute specific attacks with "mid range" weapon shapes as opposed to being able to transform it into them freely.

I can't twist your arm and force you to change your mind and I certainly can't breath life into your muse once more. But I hope you'll reconsider and discuss a potential alternative for the weapon that you could still enjoy. If you're willing to talk, pm me. I hope you will.

If you're still feeling like you've had the wind ripped from your sails, however, I understand. I hope something new will inspire you and bring your muse into a rebound.
Back to top Go down
Brett
Brett

Dead Muse Vide
PostSubject: Re: Dead Muse Dead Muse EmptySun 01 Mar 2015, 7:36 am

Travy, don't give in! Don't let the system get you down! Dead Muse 287405 YOU ARE THE REAPER, SO REAP!!!

You've worked your way up with Gouka, don't just throw it all away just cause of one failed idea. Einstein didn't give up after one failed idea, neither should you; especially since you're both great men.
Back to top Go down
BK-201
Kumo Nin
BK-201

Dead Muse Vide
PostSubject: Re: Dead Muse Dead Muse EmptySun 01 Mar 2015, 9:25 am

I've sat in the concept for over two years. I knew what weapon he would have before I even knew his name.

Frankly, I've held it too long to stomach compromise.
Back to top Go down
Persy
Kumo Nin
Persy

Dead Muse Vide
PostSubject: Re: Dead Muse Dead Muse EmptySun 01 Mar 2015, 10:00 am

We all get disappointed when things don't go our way, frankly, it's life.

A weapon should not make or break your character, Travis. You have worked on Gouka for years now, and although we both know I am not entirely fond of his journey as a whole, I am fond of your writing and the effort you have put in to this character. Whenever we spoke of the end game of Gouka, that sword of yours was never mentioned. You wanted him to marry, be devastated and then end his arc with a bang.

Don't let a disappointment like this ruin all that you have previously built. It simply isn't worth it.

Reevaluate and adapt.

Plus, I still need Gouka around for Tosa to hit on.
Back to top Go down
MsMoney
Wanderer
MsMoney

Dead Muse Vide
PostSubject: Re: Dead Muse Dead Muse EmptySun 01 Mar 2015, 4:54 pm

Persy wrote:

And I seriously need to read that thread.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

Dead Muse Vide
PostSubject: Re: Dead Muse Dead Muse EmptySun 01 Mar 2015, 5:09 pm

Travis don't be that guy *slaps* man up *slaps* bish *slaps* ... *slaps* ... *kicks* ... *gets out baseball out* this is for you bro ... *beats* for your own good *breaks bones* don't be that guy *golf club time! =] * I think I already said that *swings*

Also

MsMoney wrote:
Persy wrote:

And I seriously need to read that thread.

Dead Muse 1474

Back to top Go down
Anna
Anna

Dead Muse Vide
PostSubject: Re: Dead Muse Dead Muse EmptySun 01 Mar 2015, 9:17 pm

Cross wrote:
D:

Who da fuq is this Dead Muse 287405

No Travy don't leave.
I want to watch Tosa hit on you Dead Muse 287405
Back to top Go down
Hiruzen
Hiruzen

Dead Muse Vide
PostSubject: Re: Dead Muse Dead Muse EmptySun 01 Mar 2015, 9:59 pm

Meh, I get what you mean. Do whatever you think is best dude.
Back to top Go down
NuclearTreerat
NuclearTreerat

Dead Muse Vide
PostSubject: Re: Dead Muse Dead Muse EmptyMon 02 Mar 2015, 4:36 am

Personally I find the situation rather... ironic. I seem to recall that not that long ago a certain now-ex staff member demanded that I entirely drop what had then been the already-approved core abilities of my character's clan. Not reworking them, he said my options were to have the entire thing removed or have them turned into a skill available to EVERYONE. Yet now he's angry that a particular concept he had getting turned down.

So forgive me if I enjoy a good laugh at someone getting a dose of their own medicine and not liking the taste one bit.
Back to top Go down
Kiseki
Konoha Nin
Kiseki

Dead Muse Vide
PostSubject: Re: Dead Muse Dead Muse EmptyMon 02 Mar 2015, 9:03 am

Salt salt salt Dead Muse 5388dd688168c.image
Back to top Go down
Hiruzen
Hiruzen

Dead Muse Vide
PostSubject: Re: Dead Muse Dead Muse EmptyMon 02 Mar 2015, 4:49 pm

I've had a lot of things changed and a lot of ideas that I have been working on for Hiruzen [That I originally made as a plot for Yoroi] shot down, but I just throw a massive bitchfit before I try to make the next best thing. Thing is, it is not a bad thing to take some time for yourself after you get something you really wanted shot down, and as the self-proclaimed king of Bitchfits and getting shot down, I think I know what I am talking about. So lets not go rubbing dirt in open wounds and just let things go as they will and he'll eventually be back with the next best thing for Gouka.

Don't be mean.
Back to top Go down
Anna
Anna

Dead Muse Vide
PostSubject: Re: Dead Muse Dead Muse EmptyMon 02 Mar 2015, 6:51 pm

When is Nuc not being hateful? Aww yeah
Back to top Go down
Hiruzen
Hiruzen

Dead Muse Vide
PostSubject: Re: Dead Muse Dead Muse EmptyMon 02 Mar 2015, 6:53 pm

Anna wrote:
When is Nuc not being hateful? Aww yeah

Prolly on the same day when Chris is not being a troll, Adam is actively doing stuff on US, people know who the fuck Darius is, Kiseki is not voting Enzo for Admin and Ruka stops complaining about her good writing being bad.

I... I just don't see it happening Kelcie.
Back to top Go down
Anna
Anna

Dead Muse Vide
PostSubject: Re: Dead Muse Dead Muse EmptyMon 02 Mar 2015, 6:54 pm

Dolan
Back to top Go down
BK-201
Kumo Nin
BK-201

Dead Muse Vide
PostSubject: Re: Dead Muse Dead Muse EmptyMon 02 Mar 2015, 7:19 pm

NuclearTreerat wrote:
Personally I find the situation rather... ironic. I seem to recall that not that long ago a certain now-ex staff member demanded that I entirely drop what had then been the already-approved core abilities of my character's clan. Not reworking them, he said my options were to have the entire thing removed or have them turned into a skill available to EVERYONE. Yet now he's angry that a particular concept he had getting turned down.

So forgive me if I enjoy a good laugh at someone getting a dose of their own medicine and not liking the taste one bit.

At least I didn't throw a massive bitch-fit over the matter and treat the moderation like a personal attack. Really Nuke, get a hobby. RP is the absolute last thing you should be doing.
Back to top Go down
Mugen Kousen
Mugen Kousen

Dead Muse Vide
PostSubject: Re: Dead Muse Dead Muse EmptyMon 02 Mar 2015, 10:29 pm

Alrighty, I think that's enough shots fired for one thread. In the interest of preventing further flaming:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dead Muse Vide
PostSubject: Re: Dead Muse Dead Muse Empty

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
-