Ultimate Shinobi - A Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Get me the Bacon!

View previous topic View next topic Go down
Anc2.0
Kumo Nin
Anc2.0

Get me the Bacon!  Vide
PostSubject: Get me the Bacon! Get me the Bacon!  EmptyFri 06 Mar 2015, 6:44 am

This was a mission Yuu could stand to go on. She'd prefer to go it alone, but one teammate would be less awkward than three including a jonin. Plus , they didn't have to deal with protecting civilians or interacting with people in general. All it the mission entailed was hunting a large boar found skirting around outside the village, kill it, and drag it home. It payed pretty well to for such a straight forward mission. Four hundred ryo was good amount of ryo for a low ranked mission with low risk.

Yuu was clad in her usual black kimono, but instead of her claymore she held a spear. The spear would be more effective at handling a boar than her  blade. From what she heard she could let the boar simply impale itself on the spear when it charged her.

Waiting on her unknown partner Yuu was doing a last minute check up of her gear. Her tool pouch was in order and she was now simply examining her spear for any imperfections. If there was any imperfection she'd have to toss the spear aside and use a different tool. A flaw in the weapon could get her injured or worse.
Back to top Go down
Mugen Kousen
Mugen Kousen

Get me the Bacon!  Vide
PostSubject: Re: Get me the Bacon! Get me the Bacon!  EmptySun 08 Mar 2015, 9:26 am

As the more experienced of the two, Mugen was a bit less uninformed about their little two-man team heading into the mission. A scroll detailing the mission and the members ordered to carry it out was held unfurled in Mugen's hands. The young genin peered down at the page with his teal blue eyes and smiled. The name next to his own was one Mugen had recently become familiar with. Kidomaru, Yuuzuki. It wasn't long ago that Mugen met the kunoichi under admittedly less than ideal circumstances. He found it somewhat strange that he was looking forward to seeing her once more considering that the girl attacked him in a blind rage when they had first met. But that was the result of a tragic misunderstanding and Mugen didn't hold it against her. While it may have been a rough start, they eventually parted on good terms with a promise of friendship between them. Since then, Mugen had been busy with simply surviving and he didn't think to ask where he could find her should he like to meet again. So the fact that they'd been paired together for this mission was a fortunate surprise.

With no permanent living space, Mugen didn't have to worry about gathering things for the mission, everything he'd need was already on his person. Yet Mugen still ended up being a bit late to meeting up at the village gates due to preparations. While the Kousen had all the shinobi equipment he could ask for, provisions for a long day's hunt had yet to be procured and his belly was hungry for breakfast as well. Mugen made a stop at a restaurant where he payed for a wrapped set of four onigiri. Two of them were simple rice balls, but the other pair Mugen decided to splurge on a bit. They had slices of  fresh unagi(eel) for flavor and nutrition. It stressed the boy's already tight wallet but the pay from this mission would be worth the cost of tackling it on a full stomach. Once his purchase was complete, Mugen began hurrying his way towards the large gates that marked both the entrance and exit to Kumogakure. He would arrive find his partner inspecting a weapon different from the massive sword he'd seen her with previously.

Seeing Yuu's diligence in checking her gear put a smile on Mugen's face as he approached with with soft foot steps and handed one of the unagi onigiri into her line of sight. "Good morning, Kidomaru-san." Mugen greeted her cheerfully as he offered the humble snack. "Are you ready to hunt us a boar?"

Mugen would hardly look much different from the last time they met. The bruises she'd given him had all healed just fine but aside from that nothing had changed. He was still wearing a pair of shorts and a hooded jacket zipped up over a simple shirt. Little was extraordinary about his outfit and were it not for the genin kit strapped to his thigh one might not even be able to identify Mugen as a shinobi since his headband was hidden beneath his hoody. Even so, the youth was brimming with confidence and was prepared to handle this mission with all the effort he could muster without complaint.
Back to top Go down
Anc2.0
Kumo Nin
Anc2.0

Get me the Bacon!  Vide
PostSubject: Re: Get me the Bacon! Get me the Bacon!  EmptySun 08 Mar 2015, 7:27 pm

Yuu had just finished inspecting the shield when Mugen's familiar voice nearly made her drop the spear. Yuu started a bit, but managed not to drop her spear. A blush appeared on her face when Mugen offered her the snack. "Arigato." After assaulting the boy she was going to feel guilty for a long time to come. Refusing the snack would be rude so she quickly ate it. It was good, but she ate it more out of precieved obligation than hunger.

At his question Yuu nodded and patted the spear. "You?" He seemed ready, but one could never be to careful. Boars were dangerous creatures. Especially one as large as this one was supposedly. It's size could be embellished a bit, but it was for certain a large animal. The younger girl looked out over the area and then pointed towards the path. "You lead? Or me?" It was up to him Yuu didn't care either way. 

Between the two of them they had more than enough weaponry and jutsu to take down a large angry pig. It may be stronger than them, but they had it completely beaten in mobility, intelligence, and they had jutsu. The boar wouldn't stand a chance once they found it.
Back to top Go down
Mugen Kousen
Mugen Kousen

Get me the Bacon!  Vide
PostSubject: Re: Get me the Bacon! Get me the Bacon!  EmptyTue 10 Mar 2015, 10:27 pm

Property of Becks.

Yuuzuki's startled reaction elicited a soft chuckle from Mugen whom smiled happily to see that she accepted his offering. The boy then turned his attention to his own snack which he promptly began to devour in a manner that made his state of hunger quite obvious. This fixation upon his food allowed Yuu's blush and awkwardness go relatively unnoticed. "Mmph, dun menshon id." Mugen insisted as he stuffed his face with famished vigor. Speaking with your mouth full wasn't exactly polite, but Mugen had already taken to thinking of Yuuzuki as a friend and absent mindedly gave his table manners little thought.

When the spider girl asked if Mugen was also prepared he was just finishing up the last of his rice ball licking a couple grains of sticky rice off his finger tips. Looking up from the refreshing snack, Mugen looked at Yuu before giving her an affirming reply. "Yeah, I'm all set." The Kousen genin nodded and stepped past Yuuzuki so his back would be to her as he looked out past the village gates. "In that case, let's depart!" Mugen said with a dramatic point towards the outside. He seemed ready to get moving right away, however the eagerness was put on hold when Yuu asked about which of them should lead. The question hadn't come to mind until now and Mugen was just as indifferent about it as his partner was. With a deep thinking "hmm" Mugen turned back to face Yuuzuki whilst rubbing his chin. "Well, we're just hunting a beast so I think it's fine for use to both lead in our own way...How's this, you'll be in charge of slaying the boar and I'll take the lead when it comes to hunting him down and driving him towards you. Sound good?"

Mugen would wait to hear what Yuu thought of his suggestion before reaching out to grab her by the hand with an optimistic smile, "I'm sure it'll work out no matter what we do. But daylight is burning and that swine won't hunt itself! Let's go!" With that, he'd drag her onwards out of the village and across the lone bridge across the 100m chasm surrounding Kumogakure.

Back to top Go down
Anc2.0
Kumo Nin
Anc2.0

Get me the Bacon!  Vide
PostSubject: Re: Get me the Bacon! Get me the Bacon!  EmptyThu 12 Mar 2015, 4:29 am

If Yuu was grossed out by Mugen speaking with his mouth full she didn't show it. She simply stood there and let her spear rest on her shoulder and let her fellow genin speak. Or attempt to speak as he crammed his craw full of food. Although she wasn't smiling Yuu was happy that he was treating her this way. He really did seem to have forgiven her for attacking him a little while ago. That would make this mission less awkward. Maybe. She began to follow him as he took the first step out of the village.

Then he paused and turned to her making Yuu stop and stare at him. Was he thinking up a plan of attack? A marching order? They hadn't exactly worked before, but Yuu had been planning on letting him take the lead to make up for their last meeting. What he said next was a bit surprising, but she nevertheless agreed to his terms with a simple nod.

Then they were off. "Eh" Was all she managed to say before they were streaking off to hunt down the target. Yuu would easily be able to keep up, but the initial moment when he took her hand startled her. Her face was a bit red as she ran behind him. Hopefully, they'd find the boar soon or she may look like a tomato before the end of the mission.
Back to top Go down
Mugen Kousen
Mugen Kousen

Get me the Bacon!  Vide
PostSubject: Re: Get me the Bacon! Get me the Bacon!  EmptyThu 12 Mar 2015, 4:50 am

Property of Becks.

It could be argued that Mugen was too inexperienced in dealing with girls to notice Yuuzuki's blush or how embarrassing his actions might seem. Such statements were essentially true, but in all honesty it was simply an innocent excitement that drove him to lead her along by the hand. Once Yuu picked up speed on her own, Mugen would let her go and continue to dash along the bridge with his arms trailing behind him in typical ninja running fashion. A thrilling hunt was ahead of them and there was little that could dishearten Mugen from tackling the chore like it was some sort of grand adventure. Once they were past the chasm and officially outside the village, Mugen did contain himself long enough to slow down until he and his partner were running side by side so as to ask about the boar's last known whereabouts.

"Do you happen to know where this beast was most recently sighted?" Mugen inquired with hope that they had at least some clue to go off of. The Land of Lightning was a large place and searching the whole thing for a single animal was akin to finding a needle in a haystack. Thankfully, Yuu had a location in mind and upon sharing it with Mugen the boy gave a confident nod. "Yosh! That isn't far at all, we should get there soon." He claimed, feeling somewhat sure of himself despite not having an exceptional knowledge of geography outside the village. Navigation was not one of this strong points, but then again...neither was tracking and yet Mugen had taken that task upon his shoulders without a shred of doubt within his mind.

Upon arriving at the secluded forest where they were supposed to find their prey, Mugen found that he wouldn't need to be an expert hunter in order to find the giant boar. Sign's of it's presence in the forest were somewhat obvious. A massive pile of dung. Broken branches and large tracks from its heavy hoofs imprinting the earth in the wake of some kind of charge. Not to mention, a putrid stench that said it had done plenty of "marking" around the area. There were also few signs of other animal life in the vicinity suggesting that the beast was territorial. "I think we're in the right place." Mugen said as he was kneeling down to inspect the freshest looking set of boar tracks. "You wait here and prepare for the kill. I'm going to go find the swine and lead it here." The Kousen said as he stood and looked after the tracks certain that Yuuzuki would agree. But even so, Mugen took the time to turn and face her so as to confirm whether or not she concurred with the plan. "Are you ready?"

Back to top Go down
Anc2.0
Kumo Nin
Anc2.0

Get me the Bacon!  Vide
PostSubject: Re: Get me the Bacon! Get me the Bacon!  EmptyFri 13 Mar 2015, 5:16 am

Yuu was thankful the boy let go of her hand once she managed to pick up her speed. The topic of where the beast had last been sighted was brought up furthering Yuu's relief. "Forest. Nearby." The village had many patches of wood that large beasts could hide in. For a time at least. The small woods were only a few dozen acres at most. A squad of trained shinobi could clear that in less than a day. Hopefully the two of them wouldn't have to spend a day trying to find the boar in the small woods.

The small forest they found would have been serene seeming. If not for the massive pile of poo, prints, and destroyed limbs. Without having any real tracking skills Yuu could tell the beast had been here. Hell, a toddler could have found the beast. From the tracks and the pile of feces it really was a massive beast. Yuu looked at her spear and had started to wonder if it was large enough to kill the beast.

Mugen seemed eager as always to draw the beast out. His question was met with a firm. "Yes. No risks." She didn't want him risking injury. He didn't seem to have the greatest sense of caution about him. Animal or not it could still injure if not kill them fairly easily. Before he could scamper off to go find the beast it seemed to find them.

There was a loud snort from beyond some bushes and a small tree was pushed over. From behind the greenery lumbered the boar. The reports where right. It was easily the size of a bull. Maybe even larger. It had tusks that were two feet long, it's body was nothing but hair and muscle. Yuu was probably shorter than it's shoulder which would be a bit of problem. They had to drag this back to the village after all. Its beady eyes locked on Mugen and it gave a low squeal and began to charge at the boy with startling speed.

The Boar:
Back to top Go down
Mugen Kousen
Mugen Kousen

Get me the Bacon!  Vide
PostSubject: Re: Get me the Bacon! Get me the Bacon!  EmptyMon 16 Mar 2015, 9:37 pm

Property of Becks.

Mugen knew he was taking things in a carefree manner despite being on a mission to hunt a dangerous beast. It might not have been very becoming of a shinobi, but he just couldn't help himself at times like this. Still, hearing Yuu's comment about not taking risks made him feel a bit surprised and embarrassed. "Risks? Come on, I know you beat me in a fight, but you should know that I was holding back quite a bit. You don't need to worry about me!" The boy assured his partner with a bold and confident pose. Hands on his hips and chin held high, Mugen was brimming with an air of self esteem. He clearly believed that his performance in their past scuffle didn't truly reflect on what he was capable of and this was somewhat true. Mugen didn't want to hurt Yuuzuki at the time, even IF she was coming at him with a wild hatred.

This display of championism was not long for the world however. While Mugen wasn't keen enough to have noticed the rustling of the bushes, he'd have to be deaf to not notice the cracking of wood as the small tree was snapped like a twig by the boar's size and weight. Mugen turned on his heel just in time to see the hog huffing through it's snout as it pressed the ground a few times with its hoof in preparation for a charge. The genin sucked the back of his teeth and then smirked as he thought to himself, Heh, instead of me coming to find you, you've come to us eh?...That's just fine." He then spoke aloud so Yuuzuki could hear, "Change of plans!" The swine made an ear piercing squeal and began rushing towards Mugen with a violent assault. "Looks like we're taking this beast down together!"

Mugen dove out of the way of the boar's charge just in time to narrowly escape being gored on its tusks. As he moved through the air, his shinobi talents kicked in and Mugen turned whilst reaching into his pocket where an opening gave access to his genin kit hidden beneath the clothing. The boy's hand retrieved a few shuriken and emerged with a swiping motion that sent the ninja tools flying towards the boar's hind end. All three made their mark but the creature's hide was simply too thick. The shuriken bit into it's rump but they hardly made any penetration and likely only upset the creature. Thankfully, this secured its attention on him rather than his partner. The boar slowed down and began to turn around as Mugen landed with a roll and flowed from this movement into a jump upwards to perch upon a nearby tree branch. The hog snorted and snarled before blasting off into another charge. The boy waited for the hog to hit the tree before jumping off of it while making hand seals. "Raiton, Electromagnetic Murder!"

Mugen landed behind the bore and pointed his hand at the beast to release a small surge of electricity into it's body. The arc of lightning chakra danced between Mugen and into the hog shocking its muscles and halting it's movements briefly. "Now! Yuu-chan!"

CP = 65/70
Shuriken = 7/10
Stuff Used:
Back to top Go down
Anc2.0
Kumo Nin
Anc2.0

Get me the Bacon!  Vide
PostSubject: Re: Get me the Bacon! Get me the Bacon!  EmptyWed 18 Mar 2015, 8:52 pm

With a bemused expression Kiyomi watched as her partner spoke to her about taking down the beast together. They were supposed to be doing that anyways in her opinion. As Mugen dived out of the way Yuu began to form hand seals with her seal making arms to prepare herself for fighting the boar. Her exposed arms merely braced the spear in case the boar decided to change targets. It didn't so she merely coughed a bit as the kicked up dust tickled her nose.

From her pores came a golden metal that covered Yuu's flesh in a metallic armor. This would protect her from the beasts tusks if the boar got through her guard. Her defense in place Yuu readied herself to charge after Mugen shocked the boar. The jutsu would have proven a problem to her if he struck her. Raiton was the only element that just completely bypassed her armor. Getting shocked and gored by a boar was not on her list of fun things to do. Thankfully he had only jolted the boar with a single bolt which was enough to stun the beast.

With a deep breath Yuu got into a stance and then charge the boar. "I've got it!" She cried out as she neared the boar moving at top speed. Hopefully, Mugen would refrain from flinging more jutsu or weapons into the boar otherwise she'd get caught in the crossfire. With her speed, full weight, and enhanced strength all behind the spear the boar didn't have a chance. As it recovered from being shocked Yuu's spear skewered it right through the throat and through several organs.

It gave a horrible squeal and thrashed around for several moments and swung its massive snout into Yuu and flung her through the air. Her armor took the hit for her and her spear remained lodged inside of the beast. It kept on thrashing for several moments before it collapsed. Yuu gave a groan and got to her feet as her armor began to fall off. "Ow."

Techs used :
Back to top Go down
Mugen Kousen
Mugen Kousen

Get me the Bacon!  Vide
PostSubject: Re: Get me the Bacon! Get me the Bacon!  EmptyFri 20 Mar 2015, 10:39 pm

Property of Becks.

There was little else for Mugen to do in contribution to the boar's defeat, but that didn't stop the young Kousen from being prepared to act just in case. After his jutsu stunned the hog and Yuuzuki was called to action, Mugen circled around the beast at a moderate pace. Eyes trained on the target, thoughts mindful of his partner whom was on the offensive. Mugen was taking on a support role in case he was needed and was resolute to remain on such guard until the boar snorted its last breath. This state of observation allowed Mugen to watch Yuu's rush against the boar. It was a beautiful sight to one trained in the use of weaponry such as himself. Her form designed to allow all of her force to go into that deadly spear, Yuuzuki made excellent use of her momentum to deliver a devastating blow despite having a smaller light-weight frame than most.

Blood splattered onto the forest ground saturating the soil with nutrient-rich ichor as cold iron ripped through tough hide and sinews. Judging by how deeply the spear was driven into its mark, Mugen was almost sure that fatal damage had been dealt. It was unthinkable that such a deeply driven weapon could have possibly missed a vital organ...or two. A smirk danced across Mugen's lips as he continued to orbit the boar. Confidence surged due to his teammates excellent attack. Alas, the celebratory smile did not last long. While the boar was on its last legs, it wasn't going down without a fight. A worried expression came over Mugen as he watched the beast fling its body to and fro. Yuuzuki was still close to the violent thrashing and even children knew that a creature was most ferocious when backed into a corner and threatened with death.

The boar's tusk slammed into Yuu and sent her flying through the air. Unaware of just how effective her clan's armored jutsu was, Mugen would leap upwards fearing that his partner had just suffered a terrible injury. Ther would be no need for Yuu to pick herself back up as the white haired genin moved in an arcing trajectory that intercepter her in mid air. Gently embracing Yuu in a firm grip, Mugen plucked her from the sky and landed gracefully back on earth carrying her with one hand on her shoulder and another on her thigh. "Are you alright?" Mugen asked, distressed. He wanted to examine the wound he assumed she would have, but Mugen knew better than to look away from a wild creature that was thrashing about in such a manner. His eyes would remain on the boar until it finally fell still, but the look of concern on his face would be clear.

#CarryingTheShyGirlBridalStyle
Back to top Go down
Anc2.0
Kumo Nin
Anc2.0

Get me the Bacon!  Vide
PostSubject: Re: Get me the Bacon! Get me the Bacon!  EmptySat 21 Mar 2015, 4:44 pm

Yuu hadn't noticed Mugen moving in to back her up since her focus was on the boar. So when she fell to the ground she hadn't expected to feel Mugen's arms catch her small frame. It would be rather easy since Yuu didn't have one of her larger weapons equipped and the armor had mostly fallen off. Surprised by the feeling of warm arms keeping her from hitting the cold ground Yuu looked up to see Mugen holding her and looking concerned. 

The effect was pretty easy to see coming. Yuu, who wasn't used to social interaction, was now in the arms of rather handsome heroic seeming male. Her face was one of amazed incredulity and was as red as a tomato. "I-I-I'm okay. Jutsu blocked worst." Yuu laid in his grasp for several moments resisting the urge to flail about with all her limbs. It was difficult, but she managed not to thrash about like a caught octopus. "I c-can walk." Awkwardly she patted his shoulder to be let down.

Provided he did she'd shakily dust herself off. "Thank y-you." The remaining golden armor fragments fell off of her body to the ground leaving her relatively clean. Yuu had no idea what else to say so she looked at the ground awkwardly for a moment before she walked over to some fallen limbs. "Mission isn't over." Her other arms became exposed for a moment as did some ninja wire. In a matter of moments with her arms whirling with the speed of an experienced weaver Yuu had made a sledge of fallen tree limbs.

She dragged the sledge over to the boar and after pulling her bloodied spear out, and perhaps with the help of Mugen she'd get it onto the sledge. "Good work today." Yuu's arms would retreat back into her robe so the normally exposed arms gripped a handle and she'd proceed to drag the carcass back to the village for the client. Her face was still tinged around her cheeks, but that could be mistaken for exertion. Hopefully it would be seen as that. Unless Mugen started up a conversation Yuu would be silent the entire trip back to the drop point.

Once there she'd bow to her partner. "Thanks. See you next time." Yuu would leave in a bit of a hurry then. The poor spider girl needed time to work out what had transpired and if it had meant anything. Mugen had looked rather heroic holding her back there and the image kept replaying in her mind.

[Exit.]
Back to top Go down
Mugen Kousen
Mugen Kousen

Get me the Bacon!  Vide
PostSubject: Re: Get me the Bacon! Get me the Bacon!  EmptySat 21 Mar 2015, 8:36 pm

Property of Becks.

Hearing that Yuuzuki was alright had been a relief to Mugen and his body became slightly less tense. "Thank goodness..." Looking down at the dark haired girl in his arms, Mugen noticed the flush in her cheeks and frowned at her before speaking in a chastising tone. "Yuu-chan...You should have told me that you had a fever!" His voice like that of an older brother scolding his sister more than anything else. "Geez, if I had known, I wouldn't have left the final strike to you. Be more careful next time!" The genin was clearly upset from the way his brow furrowed, but he soon let out a sigh and let his partner down anyways. The hardness in his face fading to be replaced with a soft but comforting smile. "Well...at least you're ok."

Observing the bits of armor breaking away from Yuuzuki with a curious nature, Mugen knelt down next to one of the fragments to begin poking it lightly with his index finger. It was fascinating that she could produce a defensive jutsu like this and Mugen wondered whether or not it was due to her clan powers or simply an aspect of the earth element. Entranced by the new discovery, Mugen was almost too distracted to notice Yuu's comment about the mission not being over yet. "Hmm?...Oh, yeah I suppose so." After taking a second to look at the boars corpse, Mugen realized they still had to lug the carcass back to the village. Standing with a stretch Mugen let out a yawn closing his eyes before speaking his thoughts on the matter. "Well, at least we got the dangerous part out of the way. How do you want to carry this gu-" Mugen was cut off as he opened his eyes and turned to find that Yuuzuki was putting the finishing touches on a makeshift sledge. "Oh, good thinking!"

Upon receiving Yuu's congratulations on a good days work, Mugen smiled and nodded in kind, "Mhm! You too!" Filled to the brim with an energetic post mission vigor, Mugen helped his partner bring the soon-to-be-bacon-beast back to the village. The trip was lacking in discussion, but it wouldn't be silent. Mugen hummed cheerfully all the way home. When they finally arrived, Mugen was going to ask Yuuzuki if she wanted to join him for a quick meal, but sadly she seemed to be in a rush to take off. "Y-Yeah, till next time..." Mugen waved after the hurried girl looking somewhat confused. "I wonder what got into her?...Maybe she needs to go to the bathroom." Oblivious to the reason behind Yuuzuki's flustered state, Mugen shrugged it off and wrapped up the mission by contacting the contractor and turning over the boar. Thus ended another well executed job. Now it was time for Mugen to go find the nearest food joint to get some deserved food! You know...the kind that is fresh rather than left overs.

-Exit-
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Get me the Bacon!  Vide
PostSubject: Re: Get me the Bacon! Get me the Bacon!  Empty

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
-