Ultimate Shinobi - A Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

On the Fall of Man [Katya]

View previous topic View next topic Go down
Chris
Chris

On the Fall of Man [Katya] Vide
PostSubject: On the Fall of Man [Katya] On the Fall of Man [Katya] EmptyMon 16 Mar 2015, 5:56 pm

Norio fantasised about running away often. It was his favourite pastime, his version of a dream or an aspiration, though really, it was hard to tell if he actually wanted it to come true or if it was merely a childish desire that he couldn't shake away. Like wanting ice cream in the winter.

He missed many things about the Snow Country. The temperature for one, and the eponymous weather. The white powdery substance had been the source of much wonder and joy when he was little. An astute psychiatrist might even point to the fact that it was the excitement and frenzied passion with which he created snowy structures and snowy people, that eventually lead him down the path of Puppetry. Though he was quite the prodigy at that, nothing could surpass his raw talent for making the snow form in any shape and way he pleased; like a skilled artisan, the snow hung on his every word. Ah, to be young again.

The boy would travel outside of the village, tempting himself, playing both the part of Adam, Eve, the Snake and the Apple all at once. The village was not his Eden however. Perhaps he had already taken the bite, or rather, someone had taken it for him. He wanted to claw his way back to paradise, but was it lost to him? Perhaps the Snow Country was not where he would find it.

Still, he enjoyed the exercise. Sometimes, walking for the sake of walking held a certain excitement to it. A sense of adventure. He could walk for hours, without people to distract him, annoy him, disgust him. Everyone was so loud and obnoxious; his "family" holding the crown for being the greatest source of irritation known to man. Norio do this, Norio do that. Norio you should eat more, because you look unhealthy. You should stop playing with puppets, and take up the honourable Hyuuga ways. Fuck you dad.  

The boy exhaled quietly. He had been following the main road for sometime now, having been thoroughly lost in thought. Letting his mind go off on its merry way was something else. It was nice not to be so focused, so sharp all the time. The world held far too many distractions - too many shiny things to peer at. In between reading people, judging them, devising new puppets, finding new ways of embarrassing and mocking others, playing with puppets, fighting with his dad and thinking of ways to kill his dad, life was too busy. Too much to do, too much to see. He needed a break, and this was it.

The road took him through a forest. He must have taken a side path, because the wood was becoming increasingly thicker, and he was increasingly walking on the grassy ground and not a footpath. Not that he minded getting lost. The boy was a resourceful one, and heck, he had a great sense of direction. If all his senses and intuition failed him, well, he always had his magical eyes to guide him back home.

And hell, what was the worst that could happen?
Back to top Go down
Katya
Nukenin
Katya

PostSubject: Re: On the Fall of Man [Katya] On the Fall of Man [Katya] EmptyMon 16 Mar 2015, 8:57 pm

Galateia lived by her sword. She could live without food, she could tell everyone she could live without water (she probably couldn’t though), but a day without fighting someone or something was a day wasted. Recently she had made a name for herself in pretty much every small town near Kumogakure by starting a bar fight and effectively ending it, killing a total of two influential businessmen all of whom seemed to the girl complete douchebags and fought off countless small time bounty hunters and bandits that try daily to exploit her status of a wanted dead lonely little girl.

Because of that she was forced to promise her tiny boy companion who looked suspiciously like a flesh eating monster from her nanny’s tales that she will avoid massive crowds of people and picking fights. Galateia couldn’t even probably remember the beginning, middle point or the end of that conversation because she never stopped to listen to it but she could vaguely remember her saying something like “Yeah, sure… Whatever” regarding the matter which probably qualifies like an agreement. However the blonde wouldn’t have been the world’s smartest warrior who always remembers to do potty before leaving on a trip if she didn’t find a loophole in her promise – bears.

Nothing in her promise to Aoi to not get killed said anything about bears. For some reason there was a significant lack of bear bounty hunters on the market, probably because the animals couldn’t stand dealing with people with bowties more than the usual folk, can’t trust a man with a bowtie… That in no manner meant that the girl was complaining though, she loved that little detail that it took her entire days to find out about as she set off to hunt some wildlife leaving her friend to do whatever Jiangshi-lookalikes did in the later parts of the day.

No one would have believed Galateia if she told them that bears weren’t a common sight, everyone just took those guys for granted and thought they could find one when they were looking for one but surprise surprise – that was not the case. With all the different kinds of animals hanging around the place: mountain wolves, mountain deer, mountain something-else, one should’ve assumed that there were mountain bears too. Apparently bears didn’t really like mountains, that was a fun fact of life one couldn’t have lived without knowing…

Must be a claw thing… Sometimes when I rub my nail into the rocks and break it, it hurts. Completely unlike me, bears actually need those things to… I dunno, do bear stuff… I guess…” the girl tried to think to herself just why was she so unsuccessful with finding bears when she needed them. Bears probably sold pretty good to the local butchers too, selling meat and fur for the butchers was Galateia’s only income as she didn’t have another way to get by. If she couldn’t find a single bear in the mountains just how was she supposed to find other strong people to fight?

Luckily enough, at least the warrior’s eyes stumbled on a large forest right down the mountain, the large mountain separated the small town that was swarming with bounty hunters wanting to kill Teia and make that funny head thing out of her (or at least the girl thought that was what they wanted from her…) from the large forest which likely had bears in it. At this point Galateia may have even been satisfied with a large elk. Those things could also fight pretty well, during her early days spent wandering Teia had clashed with a couple – they were capable adversaries!

With a newly found energy the warrior rushed down the mountain path and ran through the forest looking around for deers, elks, bears, Jiangshi, whatever form of hostile or at least fight-able kind of life she could find. Strangely enough the forests were mostly empty as well, at this point the warrior would’ve settled with fighting an evil witch or something. It was only once her standards had swooped so low that she finally found what she was looking for – a really large amount of pounds (or whatever that unit butchers used to tell how large an animal Galateia brought them was) weighing bear.

Fight me, bear!!!” Galateia yelled out as she charged towards it grabbing the handle of her sword. Due to the sheer craziness of the situation and because the girl probably still had morning hair, the powerful animal chose to run instead of facing her for the first couple of minutes, only after it thought better about its life choices did it actually reconsider that decision and turned around to face the girl. Roaring into the air happily the warrior lady pulled her sword out and started slashing at the animal without trying to kill it – she has grown fond of the chasing game and decided to chase it a bit more. After the numerous scratches the bear reconsidered on its reconsideration and started running again.

Shit… I got winded…” Galateia started huffing after realizing that for their size the bear was pretty fast and it managed to gain some distance over her. “Wait up!” she started shouting for the animal as it kept running and running forward for its life. When it seemed like the animal would actually outrun the chasing crazed madwoman with a sword it suddenly stopped in place, that was just the chance that the girl was waiting for as she just swung her blade with an incredible amount of force removing the bear’s head. Only after the animal had been defeated by her and its head claimed as a prize of a fair combat did the girl realize why the bear stopped – a boy was standing in its way and due to unexpected nature of the situation it was scared even more than it was already scared.

AAAAAAHHH!!! You’re another Jiangshi! Just like Aoi! Do you not know you’re dead too?! Wait! Don’t eat my flesh, you helped me catch this bear so you can take any part of it you want, or you can take its head if you like to do that thing where you carve a head and put it onto your head and imagine you’re a bear… I guess Jiangshi have to disguise themselves so that people can’t tell they’re about to eat them, right?” the girl started shouting out at the boy that looked surprisingly like what she imagined flesh eating Jiangshi would have looked like – pale, rather puny and sinister looking. “I mean if you’re wearing a bear’s head they can’t tell if you’re not a bear, or if they do suspect something you can just…” the girl put the bear’s head next to hers lifting it near effortlessly “do this… “Loook… I’m a bear… And stuff…”…

Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: Re: On the Fall of Man [Katya] On the Fall of Man [Katya] EmptyMon 23 Mar 2015, 10:43 pm

Life is by nature boring, spinning routine webs of tedium and sameness. When the odd moment arises that catches life by surprise and blasts its torturous plainness away, one can only rejoice. How fortunate to be blessed by such a grand opportunity to be, for once, excited; surprised; gripped by the uncertainty of what will happen next. Some moments are so beautifully unique they deserve to be enshrined; cherished. Remembered in writing.

Norio had walked through the forest without a purpose. His mind was reeling from the onslaught of frivolous thoughts besieging the mental gates; he could only be distracted by something SO unexpected like a... like a bear.

The creature appeared so suddenly in front of him that the boy walked a few more steps, before his brain made sense of the highly unlikely danger ahead and his body finally froze. His lids widened so much as to almost pop out the eyes; his mouth opened a little, his lips forming a little "o" that summed up his surprise. "Hi" he let out. The bear didn't reply.

Instead, before it could speak out or gesture in any meaningful way, a figure appeared from behind it, wielding a huge sword. Was it bigger than Norio? It felt bigger than him. Was the sword bigger than the bear? Did it have to be bigger to be more dangerous?

This handheld guillotine descended on the bear with unrelenting force. All it took was a single slice, severing the head from the torso. A symphony of blood accompanied, as arcs of red splashed and splattered all nearby surfaces.

The executioner - a girl - held on to the body part, which swinging if ever so slightly, with the wind under her grip. If this wasn't a weird sight enough, she turned her gaze to him - for a second, he thought she would swing at him to, wishing to continue her reign of terror. But instead, his figure - in some unfathomable way - scared her.

What sort of bear hunter wailed in the face of a five foot boy?

She uttered panicked words of nonsense in quick succession. It didn't happen often, but perhaps for the first time in a long time, Norio felt so... overwhelmed. He wanted to tell life to wait a minute, as he caught his breath and tried to wrap his head around what had just happened.

"You want me.. to have the head?" he managed finally, words coming with difficulty to him, as his eyes - still as wide as when they had been when he was faced with the stranger-bear - stared at her, expressing utter confusion. He was so lost.

He took it from her. He mimicked her, holding it at the level of his own head. He looked at the head, then her, then at the head again. "Look I'm a bear... and stuff?" he repeated. What sort of satanic ritual was he enacting? What the fuck was going on?
Back to top Go down
Katya
Nukenin
Katya

PostSubject: Re: On the Fall of Man [Katya] On the Fall of Man [Katya] EmptyTue 24 Mar 2015, 4:04 pm

Strangely enough this short ghoul had no idea that it was dead too. Somehow it managed to be confused by the entire situation, was he so shocked to finally realized that he was dead or perhaps Galateia’s offer caught him by surprise because of how alluring it was. After all, as the girl took her time to find out bears were quite rare creatures to find, being able to take any part of it may have beat fighting a person for their guts, then again, if this person did not know that he was a Jiangshi that meant he didn’t know that he had to eat guts in the first place!

When the ghoul asked Galateia if she meant for him to take the head she smiled with the most childish and innocent smile and nodded bringing the head closer to the boy. “You don’t HAVE to take the head… You can pick whatever part of the bear that you want but I figured that Jiangshi would most likely pick the head because of everything one could do with one.” Galateia explained, she observed the boy taking the head to his hands and repeating what she did previously pretending he was a bear.

See? That’s both useful and fun… You can trick people and then eat their guts when they think that you’re just a friendly bear who is lost. That’s the wonderful part of it! Wait… Don’t tell me you don’t know it yet? You don’t know you’re a vengeful spirit who died a gruesome death and is now walking upon the world devouring human guts? That’s alright, I know another Jiangshi who looks similar to you and still thinks he is just a boy. That is normal, I won’t judge you, still the head is useful, you can still pretend you’re a bear except you can then NOT eat their guts.

Galateia laughed out, the second option was actually even more simplistic as it had less elements to it to understand. Two parts of a plan was already too tough to follow properly. Just acting was the best but Jiangshi probably had to be more careful. “Anyways… I hope you won’t decide to follow me like that other Jiangshi does. I already have trouble feeding both of us and I kind of get a bit annoyed when a gut eating ghoul is sleeping in my camp, two would be a bit too much, I suppose…” the girl scratched her head. She then looked at the bear and sighed sitting down on a rock and looking at the ground depressed like her best friend had just died.

The girl’s emotions always changed so quickly that it was hard to tell just what was going on. Just a couple of moments earlier she was jumping around from happiness and now she was sulking over the death of the bear. “Hmmm… You wouldn’t by any chance know of any strong fighters, would you? I was sort of looking for tough people to fight but Aoi told me to not go into the town because he said that people want me dead, or something… Now I got no one to fight!!!!” Galateia shouted out as tears started just shooting wildly out of her eyes.

It was just Galateia’s way – every day she seeked stronger and stronger opponents to challenge, she lived by battle and wanted nothing more than a satisfying fight. The idea to fight her new Jiangshi acquaintance has never even come to her mind – that poor fellow was a spirit, he probably used spiritual magic or whatever so there was no fun in fighting him. Plus, there was no fun in fighting someone who was already dead, Galateia would feel bad killing someone that had already gone through the process once. Not that she liked to kill at all, it just sort of happened to her, sometimes her enemies died when she hit them too strong. Galateia liked to leave her enemies alive - that way she could fight them some other time when they grew stronger!

The girl’s tears ceased just after a brief moment of depressed sorrow as she then stood up and just fell down on her back falling right on the headless dead bear. The girl looked into the sky and started pouting like a little girl who was told that she had to spend a weekend at her boring grandma’s place. “Gee… I really shouldn’t have killed that bear…” she started talking to herself “Now I’ve got no one to fight, why did it have to die so fast…” the girl’s eyes started turning sad again and it looked like she was going to cry again but her mood switched again and she jumped and sat up on her butt looking at her new Jiangshi companion.

So… What’s up with you? Jiangshi don’t usually wander around forests, there aren’t too many people in here to eat, you might want to go further south to reach Kumogakure – that place has a motherlode of all guts, I suppose you can find some people in the town west and north from here, there is a small town in pretty much every direction from here but they have no more people with tasty guts, I kinda fought them all, some of them were bad so I killed them, unless you’re OK with eating already dead guts that might be a dealbreaker…

The girl then decided she was getting bored of the conversation and she just dropped back down onto the lifeless bear body sinking into the soft fur but causing the decapitated bear to spit more blood out like a squeezed ketchup bottle. The girl listened to what the boy had to say, she may have accepted pretty much anything he would have said but she also wouldn’t have minded if he just walked away – people were free to do what they wanted to do after all, that was how Galateia lived her life – free of any bonds or places or people.

I’d show you all those towns but Aoi would get pretty mad at me for picking trouble again, people kind of want to do that thing with my head where they stuff it with paper and put it to a wall and you have that funny face on and people watch it and laugh from you even if you’re dead… I don’t really get it though, I mean I can do a funny face alive…

Galateia wanted to prove her point so she sat back up and started making random funny faces. “Shit, I’m using my arms… I probably can’t since if I was dead my arms wouldn’t be there, I’d be just a head nailed to the wall…” and so the girl started making funny faces without using her arms. It must’ve been a sight to behold but the warrior wanted to prove her point and she wasn’t one to be caught saying she could do things she couldn’t actually do…
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: On the Fall of Man [Katya] On the Fall of Man [Katya] Empty

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
-