Ultimate Shinobi - A Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Jashinists [Curse Technique Hijutsu]

View previous topic View next topic Go down
Ruka
Ruka

Jashinists [Curse Technique Hijutsu] Vide
PostSubject: Jashinists [Curse Technique Hijutsu] Jashinists [Curse Technique Hijutsu] EmptySat 04 Apr 2015, 11:08 pm

Jashinists [Curse Technique Hijutsu] Divine_jashin_by_irashman-d3c812d

Clan Symbol:

Clan Name: Jashinists
Signature Traits: The members of this “clan” are often seen wearing clan symbol associated accessories or jewelry. Most of them also choose to wear clan tattoos on their body in a location where it wouldn’t be visible from the first sight but it could be easily revealed (like the shoulder or chest). Due to the extremity of their beloved emotions the Jashin clansmen tend to have rather peculiar facial emotions. They tend to emote rather explicitly and have very few unemotional people amongst their ranks to the point where one would be considered rather exotic to be a part of the religion but also have strict, uninterested and unpredictable “emo” faces that the Uchiha, for example, are known for.

Most Jashinists have scars all over their body, scars that represent the astounding amount of self-harm they cause with their bloody rituals. The number and depth of said scars varies and depends on mostly the member’s experience. Perhaps due to genetic material of the first Jashinists most of the Jashinists have very extreme hair colors: silver, snow-white or dark black. Also a lot of Jashinists carry around peculiar and pointy weapons designed to draw blood with, that comes in handy having the ritualistic techniques of the clan in mind.

Kekkei Genkai:

*) The Jashinists are capable of using special kind of ninjutsu called "Jujutsu" or "Curse Techniques" these Curse Techniques are somewhat of a combination of ninjutsu and genjutsu that requires the user to fulfil a set of conditions that link their body and physical energy that their chakra is made of and that of their opponent's. Every ritual is supposed to be followed to the detail for it to work, but also due to religious status of the clan in order to please the deity they worship which in term makes it impossible to deviate from the procedure of the technique described in the jutsu description (for example if the technique states that it strangles the opponent, it is impossible to instead apply pressure to another area of the body even if theoretically it'd be possible etc.). Also because the Jujutsu link the user's and the opponent's chakra together, most of the Jujutsu inflict some sort of damage to the user as well or requires the user to damage themselves in order to damage the enemy using Jujutsu.

*) The user gains access to a clan specific set of Curse Techniques. Unfortunately contrary to tales and legends of the clan's exploits it does not boost the vitality or stamina or pain tolerance of the Jashinist. Jashinists are not immortal or any more vital than their peers.

*) Due to mentally and physically unstable nature of the Jashin clan they are unable to properly train themselves in the arts of speed. More so, some not only lack the proper mental stability and endurance to train their physical speed but also carry gigantic weapons that prevent them from becoming overly speedy. For these reasons Jashinists cannot learn Speed SCs.

History: [Excerpt from Konohagakure PSN file on the only confirmed Jashinist]
“In a remote corner of Cha no Kuni a wicked religion is being practiced, a religion the purpose of which is only a “good kill” in order to please their wicked God. The practitioners of this religion are called Jashinists after the name of their wicked god – Jashin. Initially the cult was nothing but a bunch of psychopathic murderers, people who killed other people and only wanted a good justification for it. Eventually the cult found some more idealistic members who took the belief one step further. The religion was spreading even outside the Tea Country and eventually even ninja joined its ranks.

Eventually Jashinists devised their own hijutsu which made them eligible in a manner of speech to being called a clan. Still their religion remains unexplored and elusive and many scientists who write books do not categorize Jashinists as a separate clan, just as a cult, a group simply because they lack the trait of inbreeding and “pure blood” relationship that most other clans have. Some people call Jashinists a clan for the obvious and terrifying hijutsu technique they all use for their ritual kills: “Jujutsu: Shiji Hyōketsu”

Out of the Jashinists very few ninja are as notable as their high priest known only by the name of Kurushimi. The woman rose highly above the ranks of her peers with hundreds and some even claim thousands of confirmed ritualistic murders in the area of Land of Tea and beyond. The woman has acquired a sort of “holy” status among her brothers and sisters of the Jashin cult and even disowned her physical body, opting to become the embodiment of Jashin’s will.“
The Jashinists are one of the few relatively “new” clans that do not have a very deep history reaching the Great Shinobi Wars. Due to Jashinists being a very new clan, it is of no surprise that they also break the common traditions of the clans, they do not inbreed or have some royal bloodline, they do not however accept newcomers easily, with them being a religion and all. The Jashinists are a cult built upon the idea of praising the deity – Jashin. Most of the new members of the clan are people born to the cult members and grown with the ideals of their Lord Jashin in mind, while new cultists do happen, they are extremely rare and require great amount of proof for the cultists of the newcomer’s devotion to Lord Jashin’s ways.

Jashin expects that all his followers — so named "Jashinists" — bring nothing less than utter destruction and death. It is common for the Jashinists to pray before a battle and after it, a prayer before is in order to ask the deity for a “good kill” while after the battle is either for “acceptance of the offering” or forgiveness for failing the Jashin’s ways. Jashinists remain for the moment lead by the High Priestess Kurushimi as their clan leader, they are scattered all over the world however very few are village ninja because it is hard for a village to tolerate the extreme devotion to Lord Jashin and the destructive and lethal result that follows each mission.

Due to the recent nature of the clan it is unknown as to what role exactly the clan has to play in what is to come. The future holds many secrets and many villages have already voiced displeasure and even active hunt of the cultists of Jashin which makes it difficult for the Jashinists to follow the religion in peace.

Clan Jutsu:

C Rank Hijutsu:

B rank Hijutsu:

A rank Hijutsu:

S rank Hijutsu:

*) All clan hijutsu have a hidden rule, they cannot be used unless a player has killed a PC during their shinobi career. One also loses the use of those hijutsu if they have a possibility to kill a PC in battle (for example during a spar) but instead spare them. In order to remove the loss one needs to either write a 1200 word prayer topic, begging Lord Jashin for forgiveness or kill either a PC or NPC roleplayed by a Mod.

Last edited by Ruka on Wed 13 May 2015, 10:18 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Hiruzen
Hiruzen

PostSubject: Re: Jashinists [Curse Technique Hijutsu] Jashinists [Curse Technique Hijutsu] EmptyWed 06 May 2015, 11:43 pm

First of all: "All clan Hijutsu have a hidden rule, they cannot be used in a topic if within the last two topics there was not at least one murder or killing, regardless of how it was performed or who it was performed on.".

I don't think that this is really a good thing to work with in terms of drawbacks for a clan. I think it would be a better thing if the members of this clan or cult or whatever can only gain access to this power if they have killed an Actual PC in their career as a shinobi. Not only would this allow the members of this clan to use their powers whenever they feel like it, it would also add some conflict to this site, which is something I personally believe it can use quite a bit. So you might want to work on that as killing an NPC every time before someone goes into battle gets stale really quickly.

Curse Technique: Death Controlling Possessed Blood
I felt like I had to take this jutsu out of all the others and discuss it the most due to the way the ability is described. Now, you might be wondering why that is, so I will be answering that first. Basically, I feel that the Kekkei Genkai part of the application stating N/A is not sufficient. This particular jutsu specifically states that "this technique makes the user a living voodoo doll. Important to note that this technique does not provide the user with any increase in their stamina or immortality, if they take lethal damage they will still die but the opponent might die as well depending on their endurance and the severity of the final blow.".

I do like this clan in that it takes something as gruesomely overpowered as Hidan and brings it to a level that is actually acceptable here on US. The first thing someone has to do is actually get the blood of their target and enough blood to make the curse seal/curse symbol on the ground before they can go about their crazy culty business and kill a person. The thing I like most is that the immortality part is taken out of the equation, which actually makes this entire clan pretty much passable as a fair clan.

Now, the reason why I say all of this is, if someone is to take this clan, they would need to first wound someone in order to get their blood. Seeing as most of the people on US are offspring of Batman himself in that they evade most of the hits, it would usually come down to someone of either a higher rank or someone simply being faster than the one they are trying to attack. Now, since the act of drawing blood is required, most people who meet the "I am faster than you" or "I am higher ranked than you" standards can pretty much kill someone without going through the trouble of setting up the elaborate Curse Jutsu symbol. That is why I personally consider this clan to be fine, if at least One more thing is met.

I want to see that members of this clan can not get the Increased Speed SC. As things are, having an S ranked speed Jashinist running around making a small enough cut to draw and kill someone is pretty much the only way in which this clan can really be abused. Sure, they can get Medical in order to heal their wounds, but as things are, most self-healing jutsu are rather restricted in nature and are often used only by clans capable of such things (Like the Senju Clan). That is why I would like to see the following things.

• Fill out that the user is not immortal or gains increased endurance when using jutsu such as the Death Possession Blood in the Kekkei Genkai part of the clan so it is clear to all that these Jashinists are a fair cry from monsters like Hidan.

• State that they do not get access to Increased Speed SC's in order to avoid people from drawing blood at blinding speeds and sacrificing people to Jashin without them being able to really do anything about it.

After that, I think someone like Reggie or Trey needs to have a look at it as they have been in the business of US Creations far longer than I have.

Last edited by Hiruzen on Wed 13 May 2015, 1:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ruka
Ruka

PostSubject: Re: Jashinists [Curse Technique Hijutsu] Jashinists [Curse Technique Hijutsu] EmptyTue 12 May 2015, 11:58 pm

Edited as requested
Back to top Go down
Hiruzen
Hiruzen

PostSubject: Re: Jashinists [Curse Technique Hijutsu] Jashinists [Curse Technique Hijutsu] EmptyWed 13 May 2015, 1:09 am

After some discussion with other members of staff, I am pretty much fine with all of this. So...

1/2 Approved.
Back to top Go down
lifeanddeath
lifeanddeath

PostSubject: Re: Jashinists [Curse Technique Hijutsu] Jashinists [Curse Technique Hijutsu] EmptyWed 13 May 2015, 4:55 am

Tagged.
Back to top Go down
lifeanddeath
lifeanddeath

PostSubject: Re: Jashinists [Curse Technique Hijutsu] Jashinists [Curse Technique Hijutsu] EmptyWed 13 May 2015, 5:06 am

OoOoOoOoh boy, lets call the Republican National Convention.
    1) The Kekkei Genkai section of the clan does absolutely nothing to explain or even limit what the clan does. Regardless of the Hiden Clan nature of the creation, especially for a clan of this regard there should certainly be a well regulated explanation of mechanics primarily because every evidence we've seen from Canon displays that Jashin scarcely follows the standard protocol for techniques.

2) Moderation of the techniques will be contingent upon the details ascribed by the moderated description.
Back to top Go down
Ruka
Ruka

PostSubject: Re: Jashinists [Curse Technique Hijutsu] Jashinists [Curse Technique Hijutsu] EmptyWed 13 May 2015, 10:15 am

lifeanddeath wrote:

OoOoOoOoh boy, lets call the Republican National Convention.

1) The Kekkei Genkai section of the clan does absolutely nothing to explain or even limit what the clan does. Regardless of the Hiden Clan nature of the creation, especially for a clan of this regard there should certainly be a well regulated explanation of mechanics primarily because every evidence we've seen from Canon displays that Jashin scarcely follows the standard protocol for techniques. 2) Moderation of the techniques will be contingent upon the details ascribed by the moderated description.

Despite the fact that it is a hijutsu based clan, posted a brief explanation as to how the Jujutsu are supposed to work, the limits and drawbacks as well as the nature of the techniques is explained pretty well in each technique IMO, because each of them differs slightly from each other. Also, no, not really, there's very little evidence that Jashin follow the standard ninjutsu protocol, they use no handseals, their techniques appear to work similarly to genjutsu but work in reality (the damage is just transfered without any real medium). The user can't even use the clan techniques if they don't please their Lord Jashin which may very well imply that Jashin is either an actual deity in the universe or that it's somehow confidence dependant if the user can use the technique (for example if he didn't please Jashin previously a mental block is placed by the user himself). Either way it was mostly just speculations.

So, yeah, forget my ramblings posted the explanation of the clan's KKG despite them not having a KKG. Despite the request seeming rather weird since the closest relation and by far the weirdest clan (Yamanaka) just has None written to their KKG section and no one questions how they can transfer their goddamn mind into another body. Tried to use an explanation of linking chakra by fulfilling the jutsu requirements, similar to the genjutsu example but the results are real, making it ninjutsu.

Hiruzen Edit:
If I may be so bold as to interrupt, I would like to say that the Yamanaka clan do not exactly have their abilities explained in a lot of depth either, especially in terms as to where their powers came from. It may be a bad example, but when you look at the Ninja Monks and the Hermit Gift chakra, they too get their powers from a "Higher power". The case with this clan, or Hijutsu users, is really no different than that. The difference is just the fact that something such as a Jashinist would be too powerful as a profession and would simply be too much when given to someone who already has a clan or a Hijutsu. I think the description as to how their powers function, especially when linked with the shutting down of possible speed SC and ruling out that the clan has vitality or endurance boosters of their own, should be fine.
Back to top Go down
lifeanddeath
lifeanddeath

PostSubject: Re: Jashinists [Curse Technique Hijutsu] Jashinists [Curse Technique Hijutsu] EmptyMon 15 Jun 2015, 11:30 pm

Archived.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jashinists [Curse Technique Hijutsu] Jashinists [Curse Technique Hijutsu] Empty

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
-