Ultimate Shinobi - A Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Moderator Incentive

View previous topic View next topic Go down
Mugen Kousen
Mugen Kousen

Moderator Incentive Vide
PostSubject: Moderator Incentive Moderator Incentive EmptyWed 27 May 2015, 4:13 pm

Unfortunately, no one has signed up to the call for another eval mod. On top of that Ruka is leaving which honestly means we probably need two more eval mods instead of just the one.

I'm aware that there aren't a whole lot of shining candidates, but a couple sub-par eval mods would be better than none. Granted, we have TwinnyPuppy and Elsa. Perhaps they will seem more "active" as evaluators once Ruka isn't around to gobble up all the work load. Maybe we won't really NEED another eval mod as a result. But I think it would be good to get another one just in case it turns out we do need one.

So with that in mind I figured I'd suggest a small incentive for people to join the staff team. On the first of every month, staff members who have participated in staff related duties could be given say, 25 AF. A stipend of sorts as thanks for putting in the extra time and effort to help keep the forum running.

Now one key distinction is that they have participated in staff work during that month. Just how much participation is required to garner a reward is something that could be debated at length. Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
BK-201
Kumo Nin
BK-201

Moderator Incentive Vide
PostSubject: Re: Moderator Incentive Moderator Incentive EmptyWed 27 May 2015, 5:27 pm

Gonna take more than a handful of funds. By this point, everyone who might be acceptable as staff knows full and well how badly it fucks up the people who DO become staff.

And let's be real; we are absolutely going to need more mods. Point in case; since the start of march, there's been about 70 topics evalled, missions and socials. Amongst these, a grand total of ten were not handled by Ruka. Amongst those ten, a grand total of eight were Ruka's topics. And Ruka's average eval wait tended towards at least a week; pretty much everything Ruka handled was done within a day, if not within the same day it was put up for eval.

So, to recap; Ruka was doing some 85% of the workload (96% if you discount her own topics, which she naturally can't be the one to eval), and was, on average, doing any particular eval in one seventh of the time any other moderator was taking.

Yeah, we're pretty much hosed.

Back to top Go down
Mugen Kousen
Mugen Kousen

Moderator Incentive Vide
PostSubject: Re: Moderator Incentive Moderator Incentive EmptyWed 27 May 2015, 5:38 pm

Ok, so you give up and accept imminent doom. Sounds good.

Meanwhile, I'll work with our dozen or so active members to try and salvage the situation.
Back to top Go down
Hiruzen
Hiruzen

Moderator Incentive Vide
PostSubject: Re: Moderator Incentive Moderator Incentive EmptyWed 27 May 2015, 8:17 pm

I have to say, 25 funds a month would be great. Sometimes, doing mod work CAN get in the way of Roleplaying or kill your mood to write for a bit, these are things we can't deny. Still, I think that awarding the people that put their time and effort into the betterment of the site would not exactly be the worst thing there is.

Still, I don't really see it happening.
Back to top Go down
BK-201
Kumo Nin
BK-201

Moderator Incentive Vide
PostSubject: Re: Moderator Incentive Moderator Incentive EmptyWed 27 May 2015, 8:30 pm

Hey, I tried helping. My "eval mercy rule" and "be less of a dick to Ruka" suggestions were already shot down.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Moderator Incentive Vide
PostSubject: Re: Moderator Incentive Moderator Incentive Empty

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
-