Ultimate Shinobi - A Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Continuing the Event. [Important]

View previous topic View next topic Go down
Hiruzen
Hiruzen

Continuing the Event. [Important] Vide
PostSubject: Continuing the Event. [Important] Continuing the Event. [Important] EmptySun 14 Jun 2015, 5:15 pm

Continuing the Event. [Important] Parabr10
.Taking the fight to the Parabrahma.

Opening.
Ever since Ruka started up an Event, a lot of people got involved with it and more or less went with wherever it was taking them. As someone who has been in two of these threads, I got a bit of insight on the whole thread from a mostly unbiased point of view. With Ruka's and Mugen's departure from US, I was left in charge with the event and how it would end up progressing. Which leads to why I made this thread. It is not much of a secret that some of the people have left due to inactivity of some people, some more important than others. With the departure of the people that were more or less willing to help out with the plot / lead the plot, it may be fairly hard to keep this thing going if we all choose to continue with it. Now, I will be trying to keep every point as short as possible, though that might not be possible for some of them. Regardless, please bear with me if you are interested in continuing to participate in it.

NPC
First, I want to address some of the reasons as to why it would be hard to keep things going. It is without question going to be hard to continue this thing when there are no people willing to do their best to NPC. It is for that reason that the first thing we would need are said people who would be willing to do this. At the bottom of this post, I made a template where people can sign up with their characters for the progression of the plot, though there is also an additional template available for those that would be willing to write as one of the NPC. If you decide to NPC as one of these enemy characters, you will be given 25 Funds per thread. While you will not be getting any Exp or MP for your character, it allows you to have your own character be in one of the threads gathering points while you would get additional funds in the thread where you use an NPC to help out other people. So really, you will be helping yourself and others by NPC'ing an pushing the plot forward.
Note: Just in case someone wanted to ask, No, you can't be in the same thread with your own character and the person you will be NPC'ing.

Rank Restriction
The earlier part of the event made it abundantly clear that anyone below Chuunin / B rank really has nothing to pursue in this kind of event. That is why I would like to exclude Genin entering into this Event. This is both as a means of keeping the event going in a steady manner, to keep people from complaining about how the enemy is unfair or too strong and also to keep people from just not posting when it is their turn. While some people might find this unfair, not too long ago, there was a Tournament that was made particularly for Genin, excluding everyone from an Event that did not have a Genin character. This in itself should make it fair enough to exclude the lowest rank of characters from fighting against S ranked opponents that are hard for even our actual S ranked players to contend with. While this will allow people with Genin to NPC and still gain funds and RP in the plot, you should be quite happy about it after reading the next bit.
Note: While you will not be able to take part in the S ranked fights, there will be something else for all of the Genin of US that will be tied in with this and will in turn have an effect upon the IC Shinobi world. This will be further explained in a different thread as it has no place in this one.

Death Enabled
The former part of the plot had the concept of Character Death disabled, which lead up to Genin trying to clash with S ranked puppets and get out mostly unharmed. To keep ridiculous things like these from happening, Death will be enabled once again, meaning that this event is no longer a place for Genin to participate in as they would only become a liability for the higher ranked players and would have no way of defending themselves against the S ranked opponents. Now, when I brought up the Death Enabled bit, I would also like to point out that people will not be focused down and killed with extreme prejudice. This is simply to keep people from trying to tank something like a Bijuudama and come out unharmed. While it may be a bad example, I would like to point out that getting killed in these events is fairly hard if you have a basic understanding of how Combat RP works on US. There is also the fact that you will be in a squad and people will look after you if you look after them, so getting killed should be very hard, but will always be a possibility.

Rules of the Event
Aside from the Death Enabled bit, there are a few rules that will be in effect during the next phase or phases of the event that everyone will have to either agree to or not agree with and get excluded by default. The rules themselves will be incredibly simple and should not be hard to understand at all.

• Death is Enabled.
  • If you do not post within two days, you will be skipped.
  • If you do not post on your turn twice, you will be taken down as a result of a moderator ruling. This is to keep the event from going on and will remove people who can not post in a timely manner (As was agreed upon) from holding down other people that really want to RP.
  • After every phase of the event, people will need to sign back up again. This means that you will not be penciled in for every single part and will need to re-submit for registration each time, though this should not be a problem.

How To Move Forward
Some of you might be wondering how the Event will be pushing forward, so I would like to put some effort into this point of interest. The first part of the Event we all took part in was about protecting the Daimyo from the attacking Parabrahma forces. We had to protect ourselves from a group of Undead, an undead puppeteer with a strike force of puppets, a metal-manipulating shinobi and a highly intellectual taskmaster of the undead forces. I came to call this part or phase of the event as the "Defensive Phase". Part of the events has been to gather information about where to find the Parabrahma base, which is one of the things the active threads have achieved. It is for this reason that the next phase of the plot will be an assault on their base in the land of wind.

The next part of the phase will for that reason be known as the "Counter-Attack Phase" for obvious reasons. The first thing all people will need to do once things have come full circle is to make a thread where they will be put into teams again in order to attack various locations in the land of wind in order to get more information about the plans and tactics for the final phase, which will be about fighting the Leader of the Parabrahma. In the upcoming part of the event, each team will be tasked with a main goal, as well as several objectives that they need to complete for the sake of making progress towards the eventual goal, taking care of the Parabrahma once and for all. Where this will become different from the last phase is that this time, people will not get 50 MP/ 75 AF for completing the main goal.

This time, people will get 40 MP / AF for completing the main objective while being able to earn the extra 10 MP / 35 AF for the completion of the additional objectives. This is to add extra flavor to the thread, force people to apply tactics to their otherwise fairly bland fights and make it more interesting for all involved parties. Also, the more effort is put into these objectives, the bigger the chance will be that it will be able to count towards one of the Character Growth threads you need in order to rank up.

EVENT REGISTRATION:

Character Registration
Account: What Account you will be using
Name: Name of your character
Link: Approved link to your character
Amount of time available per day: Self explanatory
Amount of days available per week: Self explanatory
I agree with the rules stated above: Yes or No

Code:
[b]Account:[/b]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Link:[/b]
[b]Rank:[/b]
[b]Amount of time available per day:[/b]
[b]Amount of days available per week:[/b]
[b]I agree with the rules stated above:[/b]

NPC Registration
Account: What Account you will be using
Amount of time available per day: Self explanatory
Amount of days available per week: Self explanatory
What kind of NPC would you like to write:
I agree to the points I am given: Yes or No
I agree with the rules stated above: Yes or No

Code:
[b]Account:[/b]
[b]Amount of time available per day:[/b]
[b]Amount of days available per week:[/b]
[b]What kind of NPC would you like to write:[/b]
[b]I agree to the points I am given:[/b]
[b]I agree with the rules stated above:[/b]

Last edited by Hiruzen on Sun 14 Jun 2015, 11:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hiruzen
Hiruzen

PostSubject: Re: Continuing the Event. [Important] Continuing the Event. [Important] EmptySun 14 Jun 2015, 10:59 pm

Account: Hiruzen
Name: Hiruzen Uchiha
Character Link: Hiruzen
Amount of time available per day: 2 - 4 hours
Amount of days available per week: 3 - 6 days
I agree with the rules stated above: Yes

Account: Captain Konoha
Name: Nichirenma Senju
Character Link: Nichirenma
Amount of time available per day: 2 - 4 hours
Amount of days available per week: 3 - 6 days
Back to top Go down
OccupiedLocket
OccupiedLocket

PostSubject: Re: Continuing the Event. [Important] Continuing the Event. [Important] EmptyMon 15 Jun 2015, 9:40 pm

Account: OccupiedLocket
Amount of time available per day: 4
Amount of days available per week: 3
What kind of NPC would you like to write: Depends on the situation but mostly doesn't matter to me.
I agree to the points I am given: Yes
Back to top Go down
Rukasu
Rukasu

PostSubject: Re: Continuing the Event. [Important] Continuing the Event. [Important] EmptySat 20 Jun 2015, 5:22 am

Account: Rukasu
Name: Rukasu Hebi
Link: Rukasu Hebi
Amount of time available per day: 4 - 6 Hours [Depends on my day]
Amount of days available per week: 4 - 6 Days
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Continuing the Event. [Important] Continuing the Event. [Important] Empty

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
-