Ultimate Shinobi - A Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Joushi Clan [Verbally Triggered Genjutsu]

View previous topic View next topic Go down
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
Shiro
Shiro

Joushi Clan [Verbally Triggered Genjutsu] Vide
PostSubject: Joushi Clan [Verbally Triggered Genjutsu] Joushi Clan [Verbally Triggered Genjutsu] EmptyMon 20 Dec 2010, 1:28 am

Clan Name: Joushi
Clan Location: Kumogakure
Clan Traits: Reality Opposition - Joushi Clan members have an inherit refusal to accept the world as it is, stubbornly believing in the imperfection. Naturally, of course, they believe that they alone are suited to change it. Joushi clan members accomplish this instinctual world shifting urge best via genjutsu, mastering illusion in order to craft the world how they see, causing Joushi members to have genjutsu as a specialty.

Iron Arrogance - Those of the Joushi clan have been taught from the beginning that their people were superior than those of other families, taught to be of a greater existence, their persona to defy those that attempt to demean, sway, or challenge the worth of a Joushi Shinobi. As such, all genjutsu and similarly mind-effecting ninjutsus which involve the weakening of resolve, causing fear, and similarly effecting emotions have noticeably less effect upon a Joushi Clan member. This does not mean they cannot feel such emotions as doubt and fear, but jutsus have far more difficulty influencing their steel-like bigotry.

Joui - The Joushi clan brings it's members up in an environment of deceit and falsity, ploys hidden within even mundane actions, the standing of an individual within life dependent on their ability to craft illusions and persuade others to see things their way. Because of this extreme upbringing, children of the Joushi clan are subject to illusions and are encouraged to defeat others similarly. Thus, Joushi members from an early age train themselves in excelling in the detail of their illusions. All Joui Techniques may be used via a voice command as a Genjutsu focus, as long as they are the appropriate rank. This counts as one of the two focuses an Illusionist may have.

Arbiter's Laugh Those of the Joushi clan are unable to help themselves from taunting and looking down upon others, and thus find many an amusement. All Joushi members must have a personal maniacal laugh that is used regularly, reveling in their own ego. Any Joushi member whom does not frequently utilize this laugh will be expelled from the clan, a fate that the Joushi mind cannot comprehend, often leading to a coma if not straight out death.

Kekkei Genkai: N/A
Secret Clan Jutsu: Secret Art: Joui
Spoiler:

History:

Joushi Clan [Verbally Triggered Genjutsu] Orchid_Logo-1
"The World is wrong"

It began with this. An inherit disbelief in current perfection. It manifested itself in many ways- A wish to better the world, a loathing of how things are, a sage who sought to know truth. But each time, men decided that the world around them, the world they knew, wasn't correct. Most merely continued on with this belief. But those some, shinobi whom had power, sought to instead make things "Right".

Thus, the Joushi clan (Joushi, meaning Arms, Superior Authority, the Shogun's envoy, and strangely Double Love suicide...) was founded by a group of particularly rich shinobi families and idealists whom sought the same innocent and corrupt purpose- To control the world, and shape it into a preferable form. They are, in a manner of speaking, the nobles of Kumo, a cloistered and highly self-regarding group whom act in public sparingly. The Clan seeks to maintain a charismatic and noble image in the eyes of the public, leading to strict guidelines on how members should behave within society as both individuals and shinobis of the Joushi clan. In recent years, the clan has begun mingling more so with the lightning nation, inducting some of it's shinobi's whom were formerly taught inside the clan solely, and acted as more of personal mercenaries to be lended to the Cloud village. This practice has led to a distancing of the clan from normal Kumo operations, a policy which has been reversed due to a greater wish to influence the village's politics.

The Joushi Clan is a private family, seeking to ward off eyes. Perhaps ironically, however, is that the greatest veils are cast between clans members. From an early age, children are taught the philosophic truth that bonded the Joushi together- The world is wrong. The specifics of this vary- Some say Joushi utilize their genjutsu to soften minds into being more accepting. Others say that the strict clan laws encourage young minds to follow in order to be accepted by the rest of the clan. In any event, what occurs when a child does not accept the faith, or at least appears to, is not known. Illusions are not real. Anyone can tell you this. But the basis, the knowledge and imagination which produced it, argued by the Joushi clan, is true. One highly popular belief amongst the Joushi is that a higher deity, a Kami of sorts, imagined the world in the same way. That reality itself is not real either leads to an important distinction in how the Joushi treat their illusions. Because of this high regard for the ability to utilize the mind as a sculptor of reality, it is taught from a young age to experience and utilize genjutsu in orders to prepare to be able to change the world. Some argue Joushi to be evangelists of a sort, wandering sages that reveal the truth and seek change it. Outsiders, however, may view them as swindlers and manipulators. Neither is technically incorrect.

Joushi place their Clan as their highest allegiance, that the link to their people is the one that must never be severed. Because of this, an exiling is considered much the same to an execution- Those whom are told the single most solid fragment of their existence is pulled away from them is no mere thing. Because of this, former Joushi and Joushi outside of the clan's direct control is rare. Joushi are taught to be above the rest of the world, which, though arrogant, makes them strangely well-suited as diplomats. Keen in tongue and mind, the fact they consider even their own village no better than another makes them well-balanced in foreign affairs. Joushi have no classes, but there are clear ranks, if ill-defined. An outsider whom would look at the internal politics of the clan were be overwhelmed quickly by the confusion web of connections. However, how one rises is clear. First and foremost, they must be able to convince others to join their opinion, issue, or side. This inevitably leads to a string of illusions between Joushi members- This, normally considered taboo in other cultures, is not considered to be wrong. In fact, what is rude is doing an illusion badly, in a way that is clearly noticeable. Thus, subtle flair and illusions are utilized and exchanged between members, the one whom breaks having gotten the lower hand. As such one could say the best manipulator to be the highest rank. However, illusions are not simply "Powerful"- Personalities, personal knowledge, and history leads to some being easily moved by some and having a hand on others. In the end, there is no clear leader of the Clan but rather a number of higher members whom form an oligarchy of sorts, based on their influence through the many different members.

The Joushi, for holding the practice of subtlety and slyness with each other, take the opposite stance towards outsiders. Arrogance, bravado, and showmanship are key to the foreign policy of the Joushi. They believe they must show themselves as strong, capable, and far wiser than the rest of the world. Which, for the most part, they believe. Joushi are not to settle for interference in their own affairs, settle for less, or show weakness when conducting themselves with society. Their dress is of simple design but often extravagant materials, robes similar if finer than that of monks besot with shining metal and gems, particular the star sapphire. Their clan color is blue, black, and white, representing the blue world caught between veils and light which determine what human eyes perceive.

Clan Details: Open

Last edited by Shiro on Thu 12 Apr 2012, 6:14 am; edited 22 times in total
Back to top Go down
Dan
Dan

PostSubject: Re: Joushi Clan [Verbally Triggered Genjutsu] Joushi Clan [Verbally Triggered Genjutsu] EmptyMon 20 Dec 2010, 2:24 am

Just to make you feel good that someone has looked at it.

This clan has been TAGGED by Todd. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.ultimateshinobi.com
Vegapunk
Vegapunk

PostSubject: Re: Joushi Clan [Verbally Triggered Genjutsu] Joushi Clan [Verbally Triggered Genjutsu] EmptyMon 20 Dec 2010, 10:28 am

Lol, thanks for tagging me Dan you are so thoughtful -.-

ANYWHO...

Quote :
Iron Arrogance - Those of the Joushi clan have been taught from the beginning that their people were superior than those of other families, taught to be of a greater existence, their persona to defy those that attempt to demean, sway, or challenge the worth of a Joushi Shinobi.
For this to have legit recognition for opposition jutsu you will need to explain how this comes about. Does each member go into life thinking this way from the clan, and if so that is a bit of a generalization. There is always an individual. There would need to be some kind of backlash to opposing the belief like being ridiculed within the clan. Also, this would need to be hammered in hard somehow i.e via rituals or something? Perhaps linking to the Arbiters Laugh?

- Regarding the the Joui everything seems fine here with limitations etc. But I think with this area here;
Quote :
The Joushi clan may proudly declare themselves to be the greatest bigots of the Shinobi world, their sheer will to control matched by few outside their family.
There would need to be some sort of solid narutoverse proof for this effect to happen. I think an appropriate way for this would be that the clan has a special adaption to the Yin Chakra/Release which governs spiritual energy within the user. This aspect of shape manipulation could be distorted for a speciality in genjutsu as it is the basis of technique's with imagination, and can be used to create form out of nothingness. This I think would allow you a more powerful genjutsu with a legitimate narutoverse reasoning.

- Go Kumo and write your history for Kumo. Because we daaa best. Smile

- Regarding your genjutsu's. The most important aspect of a genjutsu that should be present in all descriptions is the genjutsu's trigger and duration. Trigger being how the opponent is trapped within the technique e.g voice, eye contact, physical touch etc (based on senses. And Duration is how long the genjutsu will be present until the point of being dispelled. Please make sure you add both of these aspects into all of your techniques.

* Other than that it is a very nice clan indeed. I was going to use a clan idea similar to this for myself. You bet me too it. xD

Back to top Go down
Shiro
Shiro

PostSubject: Re: Joushi Clan [Verbally Triggered Genjutsu] Joushi Clan [Verbally Triggered Genjutsu] EmptyTue 21 Dec 2010, 10:06 pm

Quote :
Iron Arrogance - Those of the Joushi clan have been taught from the beginning that their people were superior than those of other families, taught to be of a greater existence, their persona to defy those that attempt to demean, sway, or challenge the worth of a Joushi Shinobi.
Quote :
For this to have legit recognition for opposition jutsu you will need to explain how this comes about. Does each member go into life thinking this way from the clan, and if so that is a bit of a generalization. There is always an individual. There would need to be some kind of backlash to opposing the belief like being ridiculed within the clan. Also, this would need to be hammered in hard somehow i.e via rituals or something? Perhaps linking to the Arbiters Laugh?
This was intended to be elaborated particularly in history how members of the clan have their outlook upon the world shaped, taught that the only way to remain steadfast in the world is to believe yourself capable of passing through the waves that crashed against you. It's not a backlash as much as it is a necessity to move up within the clan. In a manner of speaking, it is linked to arbiter's laugh in source of how it comes about. After all, forced aggression to plant one's self above another, a constant state of one-upping, would lead to a natural satisfation and wish to announce their success.

Quote :
- Regarding the the Joui everything seems fine here with limitations etc. But I think with this area here;
Quote :

The Joushi clan may proudly declare themselves to be the greatest bigots of the Shinobi world, their sheer will to control matched by few outside their family.
There would need to be some sort of solid narutoverse proof for this effect to happen. I think an appropriate way for this would be that the clan has a special adaption to the Yin Chakra/Release which governs spiritual energy within the user. This aspect of shape manipulation could be distorted for a speciality in genjutsu as it is the basis of technique's with imagination, and can be used to create form out of nothingness. This I think would allow you a more powerful genjutsu with a legitimate narutoverse reasoning.
Solid proof? Why exactly is a chakra imbalance exactly necessary to be an arrogant bastard? Perhaps you mean specifically the enhanced genjutsu, but I fail to see exactly why chakra itself is a necessary requirement to be able to gloat to the rest of the world.

Fine, fine- Kumo it is~

I was planning to go over the Genjutsu. Lots of little edits to make the language flow better and easier to understand. Thanks for the support ^.^ I'll get on this later today.
Back to top Go down
Vegapunk
Vegapunk

PostSubject: Re: Joushi Clan [Verbally Triggered Genjutsu] Joushi Clan [Verbally Triggered Genjutsu] EmptyWed 22 Dec 2010, 5:04 am

Quote :
This was intended to be elaborated particularly in history how members of the clan have their outlook upon the world shaped, taught that the only way to remain steadfast in the world is to believe yourself capable of passing through the waves that crashed against you. It's not a backlash as much as it is a necessity to move up within the clan. In a manner of speaking, it is linked to arbiter's laugh in source of how it comes about. After all, forced aggression to plant one's self above another, a constant state of one-upping, would lead to a natural satisfation and wish to announce their success.
Make sure this is clear than and add it into your description.

Quote :
Solid proof? Why exactly is a chakra imbalance exactly necessary to be an arrogant bastard? Perhaps you mean specifically the enhanced genjutsu, but I fail to see exactly why chakra itself is a necessary requirement to be able to gloat to the rest of the world.
I never said that chakra was needed to be an arrogant bastard? But, since when has being an arrogant bastard allowed people to have enhanced genjutsu/illusionary technique's? that is what I am saying. The only viable way would be a connection with chakra to have a legitimate physical effect on another. You can still be an arrogant bastard you will just have no added bonus with rank increases with kai etc.

Back to top Go down
Shiro
Shiro

PostSubject: Re: Joushi Clan [Verbally Triggered Genjutsu] Joushi Clan [Verbally Triggered Genjutsu] EmptyThu 23 Dec 2010, 4:46 am

You quoted only a partial segment of Joui, specifically that instance where nothing about genjutsu's is involved, thus, your issue seemed to be directed at the claim of being arrogant. Thus, while it is not said, it's definitely implied. Your quoting of singularly this part leads me to wonder exactly that- Are you saying there's an issue with potent minds or the genjutsu part, as you mention genjutsu in your response to the quote but not the quote itself.

A chakra imbalance of Yin and Yang doesn't seem like it would have any inherit effect on the potency of illusions, and leads one to wonder which exactly would be better suited if it did. Light, capable of crafting images that we perceive, or darkness, clouding what we normally does, veiling the truth. Neither in particular seems like it would be more so leaning towards effecting illusions, and the theme doesn't appeal to me. Shape manipulation seems to me to be more of a Ninjutsu thing, as while in visual genjutsu's it certainly make sense that crafting an illusion construct would need an ability to form illusions, it doesn't necessarily make as much sense for many of the Joui techniques- Why would fear have a particular shape?

Plus, the Clan having in inherit chakra function would seem to much along the lines of Kekkai Genkai, which I am attempting to stray from.

Last edited by Shiro on Sun 04 Mar 2012, 12:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Vegapunk
Vegapunk

PostSubject: Re: Joushi Clan [Verbally Triggered Genjutsu] Joushi Clan [Verbally Triggered Genjutsu] EmptyThu 23 Dec 2010, 5:40 am

I quoted the first section of that paragraph as the starting point of my response. I didn't feel I had to quote the whole paragraph only the section that I had an issue with, which is common practice to do so.

To sum it all up for you then. I do not how clan members being the world's "greatest bigots" allows for more potent genjutsu's. I would need something of legitiment substance not just a personality trait for you to have this;
Quote :
All Difficult of genjutsus to break via Kai and Pain are increased to the next rank.
Back to top Go down
Shiro
Shiro

PostSubject: Re: Joushi Clan [Verbally Triggered Genjutsu] Joushi Clan [Verbally Triggered Genjutsu] EmptySat 01 Jan 2011, 12:24 am

Altered Joui to a more clan-oriented state.
Back to top Go down
Vegapunk
Vegapunk

PostSubject: Re: Joushi Clan [Verbally Triggered Genjutsu] Joushi Clan [Verbally Triggered Genjutsu] EmptySun 02 Jan 2011, 6:25 am

(Sorry for late reply just got back from my break)

Ok that sounds good and you have my approval. But it should be noted that if a character is to be placed in this clan that they have actually fully read and understood it to make is as accurate as possible (coinciding with their personality)
Back to top Go down
Adam
The Boss
Adam

PostSubject: Re: Joushi Clan [Verbally Triggered Genjutsu] Joushi Clan [Verbally Triggered Genjutsu] EmptyMon 03 Jan 2011, 2:20 am

This wasn't complete so I've been told by Ryougi, this is why we tell people to have WiP tags in their titles.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ultimateshinobi.org
Shiro
Shiro

PostSubject: Re: Joushi Clan [Verbally Triggered Genjutsu] Joushi Clan [Verbally Triggered Genjutsu] EmptyMon 03 Jan 2011, 2:48 am

Completed.
Back to top Go down
Vegapunk
Vegapunk

PostSubject: Re: Joushi Clan [Verbally Triggered Genjutsu] Joushi Clan [Verbally Triggered Genjutsu] EmptyTue 04 Jan 2011, 10:23 am

Ok approved?
Back to top Go down
Cookie Monster
Swaglord
Cookie Monster

PostSubject: Re: Joushi Clan [Verbally Triggered Genjutsu] Joushi Clan [Verbally Triggered Genjutsu] EmptySat 11 Feb 2012, 1:12 am

Unarchived.

Due to interest in clan.
Back to top Go down
Shiro
Shiro

PostSubject: Re: Joushi Clan [Verbally Triggered Genjutsu] Joushi Clan [Verbally Triggered Genjutsu] EmptySat 11 Feb 2012, 3:03 am

Hm. Do I need to change anything?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Joushi Clan [Verbally Triggered Genjutsu] Joushi Clan [Verbally Triggered Genjutsu] EmptySat 11 Feb 2012, 9:06 am

Approved 1/2
Back to top Go down
Adam
The Boss
Adam

PostSubject: Re: Joushi Clan [Verbally Triggered Genjutsu] Joushi Clan [Verbally Triggered Genjutsu] EmptySun 12 Feb 2012, 12:59 pm

Approved.
Back to top Go down
Cookie Monster
Swaglord
Cookie Monster

PostSubject: Re: Joushi Clan [Verbally Triggered Genjutsu] Joushi Clan [Verbally Triggered Genjutsu] EmptySat 03 Mar 2012, 7:07 am

Unapproved.
Due to concerns in techniques.

Joui - Yure:
I'm not quite satisfied with the fact that this technique lasts for five posts, yet it's only a D - Rank technique. I'd prefer to have it set at lasting for only three posts and you'll also have to include a Chakra Cost per Post.

Joui - Kougai:
"The technique lasts up to an hour." That's fine in terms of actual time, but considering we don't really have a time system within our posts, it presents itself as a problem. An hour for me could be two posts but for you it could be ten posts. So, I'd like you to actually give a solid number of posts that this technique is able to last for a maximum of.

Joui - Jukei:
Similar to the above reasoning, I'd like a solid number given on how many weapons are made with this genjutsu. You state scores, but how many is scores? It could be ten, one hundred or even a thousand. So please list an actual number or a range of numbers, for instance ten to twenty arrows, shuriken, kunai etc...

Joui - Tomaru:
This technique simply requires a Chakra Cost per Post.

Joui - Zetsubou:
I'm really not fond with the idea of having a verbally triggered Genjutsu but considering this is quite a key aspect of your clan, I wont ask you to remove it. So to compromise, I'd like you to state a specific word that is said when this technique is being activated. That way there is more of a chance for others to catch on to the way the technique works and possibly come up with a counter, rather than you stating a random word and not knowing which word it could be. A Chakra Cost per Post is also required for this.

Joui - Futaku:
Again, simply requires a Chakra Cost per Post.

Joui - Shousekai:
Simply requires a Chakra Cost per Post.

Joui - Katatsu:
No. Definitely not. Being able to control someone like that is simply ridiculous and also being able to find a loophole in the whole "can't commit suicide" is simply ludicrous. This is a technique that I cannot see being approved and I don't even know why it was in the first place.

Joui - Monshi:
Simply requires a Chakra Cost per Post.

Back to top Go down
Shiro
Shiro

PostSubject: Re: Joushi Clan [Verbally Triggered Genjutsu] Joushi Clan [Verbally Triggered Genjutsu] EmptySun 04 Mar 2012, 12:41 am

While still waiting on Shinji's input as well as further discussion in general, I will say this for now. I will accept changes, however vexing they may be, only if the same rules are held for everyone. Simply put, asking my jutsus to have specific time limits and chakra cost maintaining, both limits applied, ONLY if I see every other technique on the site of similar conditions having the same changes applied, exceptions noted.

Fair? I'd like think so. Childish? Absolutely. ^.^
Back to top Go down
Adam
The Boss
Adam

PostSubject: Re: Joushi Clan [Verbally Triggered Genjutsu] Joushi Clan [Verbally Triggered Genjutsu] EmptySun 04 Mar 2012, 2:23 am

Remove your time limits, add your additional chakra costs.
Back to top Go down
Shiro
Shiro

PostSubject: Re: Joushi Clan [Verbally Triggered Genjutsu] Joushi Clan [Verbally Triggered Genjutsu] EmptyTue 06 Mar 2012, 9:40 pm

As much as it pains me to make Shousekai so nerfed, it is done. Chakra Maintaining costs added, time limits removed.

Anything else, Adam? I know Suijin had several more concerns, some of which Shinji said were fine despite my own concern with them. Largest example being Katatsu, which despite my willingness to further nerf Shinji said was fine, and now Suijin finds unacceptable, lol. I'm hoping that by now they've spoken to one another some. Also, if anyone ever lets themselves get killed under Katatsu's control is just stupid.

Once more, a score is twenty. As is a dozen twelve.

All the Joui involve saying the activation words. The word after Joui in their name IS the command word, although I will more often than not say their english equivalents. (While having the illusion listed below my post.) Shousekai is special in the respect that I will often do an awesomely long mantra. But that's more obvious than a single word I think.

Furthermore, I'd appreciate if any and all concerns were finished now so that I might get around to RPing. I don't mean to be rude in this, merely that its vexing to be in a constant state of disapproval and approval. You guys accepted it the first time, accepted it the second time, now I'd like the third time to be the last.

In particular, no one has yet mentioned Joui, in that my techniques are one rank harder to release. (And in return, its harder for me to break Illusions) I would have thought with all the fire my clan has been getting, someone would have been blowing the whistle on that. Not because I think its overpowered but merely because its one of those things that Shiro likes to try and watches other people freak out over.

Finally, keep in mind that Joui techniques utilize voice, chakra, and intent- No handsigns are involved. People must comprehend the techniques, but merely hearing their voice does nothing. They must be within range to cast. And they are harder to break. In return, Joui users suck at breaking illusions themselves.

Oh. And other people should be able to join the clan Adam. All hail maniacal laughter~
Back to top Go down
Cookie Monster
Swaglord
Cookie Monster

PostSubject: Re: Joushi Clan [Verbally Triggered Genjutsu] Joushi Clan [Verbally Triggered Genjutsu] EmptyMon 12 Mar 2012, 10:35 am

Sorry for the wait Shiro, after talking to Shinji about the clan he's in agreement with the changes that need making and also pointed the need for added detail on your Tomaru technique.
Shinji wrote:
I've picked up something else about this. What happens if the initial burst of chains miss? Do they keep searching for the target? Can the user keep generating them until they desire otherwise?
So post back when everything Shinji and I pointed out have been edited please and we can finally move on from the clan.
Back to top Go down
Shiro
Shiro

PostSubject: Re: Joushi Clan [Verbally Triggered Genjutsu] Joushi Clan [Verbally Triggered Genjutsu] EmptySun 18 Mar 2012, 9:24 pm

No o.o Just a single burst of chains.
Back to top Go down
Cookie Monster
Swaglord
Cookie Monster

PostSubject: Re: Joushi Clan [Verbally Triggered Genjutsu] Joushi Clan [Verbally Triggered Genjutsu] EmptyThu 22 Mar 2012, 12:53 am

Approved.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Joushi Clan [Verbally Triggered Genjutsu] Joushi Clan [Verbally Triggered Genjutsu] EmptyThu 22 Mar 2012, 3:19 am

2/2.
Back to top Go down
Cookie Monster
Swaglord
Cookie Monster

PostSubject: Re: Joushi Clan [Verbally Triggered Genjutsu] Joushi Clan [Verbally Triggered Genjutsu] EmptyWed 02 Apr 2014, 1:52 pm

Clan Locked.
Now requires Administrator permission to join.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Joushi Clan [Verbally Triggered Genjutsu] Joushi Clan [Verbally Triggered Genjutsu] Empty

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
-