Ultimate Shinobi - A Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Kenchiyou no Jutsu (Sensor Technique)

View previous topic View next topic Go down
Nasdaq

Kenchiyou no Jutsu (Sensor Technique) Vide
PostSubject: Kenchiyou no Jutsu (Sensor Technique) Kenchiyou no Jutsu (Sensor Technique) EmptySun 09 Jan 2011, 1:48 am

Name: Kenchiyou no Jutsu (Sensor Technique)
Type: Ninjutsu
Element: N/A
Description: A basic and commonplace technique, Sensor Technique allows the user user to detect targets over vast distances by refining the basic abilities of picking up the chakra signatures of people, similar to how killer intent works. When activated, it allows the user to detect sources of chakra nearby. The higher the level of chakra used, the greater the range and precision of the technique. At the basic level, it is short ranged and only allows the user to 'feel' the chakra signature of a person, something that makes it easier to recognize disguised opponents, or at the least recognize them at range, if they've been fought before. Higher levels allow the user to detect the strength of their chakra, the precision with which they control it, or even the residual energy of their elemental affiliation.

The ability does not allow the user to see chakra points; simply put, it is not a byakugan. It doesn't truly allow the user to see anything at all, but rather sense or 'feel' things.

Rank
Range
D
200m
C
1km
B
5km

Rank
Benefit
D
Chakra Signature
C
Chakra Strength
B
Elemental Affinities

Link:

Last edited by Nasdaq on Sun 09 Jan 2011, 6:20 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Caranore
Caranore

PostSubject: Re: Kenchiyou no Jutsu (Sensor Technique) Kenchiyou no Jutsu (Sensor Technique) EmptySun 09 Jan 2011, 2:18 am

5km is 3.1 miles. 30 km would be 18.6 miles, something that far far far far exceeds your chakra capacity.

As it is, this C-Rank technique exceeds a full quarter of a mile its first post, and merely by focusing further you can tell not only where the person is, but how strong they are, their capacity, strength, elements, etc over 18 miles away. The ranges need to be lowered excessively, and the technique should actually be C-S Rank, not just C-Rank. This way as the technique is used at a higher level, you can see farther, not just making the post length longer.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ultimateshinobi.com
Nasdaq

PostSubject: Re: Kenchiyou no Jutsu (Sensor Technique) Kenchiyou no Jutsu (Sensor Technique) EmptySun 09 Jan 2011, 7:59 am

You know, first draft had it ranked based, and I had changed it. In retrospect, this is a better system. Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Adam
The Boss
Adam

PostSubject: Re: Kenchiyou no Jutsu (Sensor Technique) Kenchiyou no Jutsu (Sensor Technique) EmptySun 09 Jan 2011, 8:59 am

I don't like it at A and S rank.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ultimateshinobi.org
Caranore
Caranore

PostSubject: Re: Kenchiyou no Jutsu (Sensor Technique) Kenchiyou no Jutsu (Sensor Technique) EmptySun 09 Jan 2011, 5:54 pm

What exactly is meant by chakra precision? I can understand the elemental affinities portion, as everyones chakra flows differently and acts differently depending on their affinty. If that wasnt so, then using Wind chakra in a jutsu would have no benefits to anyone.
Back to top Go down
Nasdaq

PostSubject: Re: Kenchiyou no Jutsu (Sensor Technique) Kenchiyou no Jutsu (Sensor Technique) EmptySun 09 Jan 2011, 6:21 pm

Concept being that by the way there chakra system flows, one could gauge how precise they can control it. Honestly, it's not all that great of an ability in retrospect, and I'm thinking of just busting it down... and then I just did. Also makes a bit more sense given my guy could, you know, use all of it now. Sounds more like he'd develop that.
Back to top Go down
Blaize
Kumo Nin
Blaize

PostSubject: Re: Kenchiyou no Jutsu (Sensor Technique) Kenchiyou no Jutsu (Sensor Technique) EmptySun 23 Jan 2011, 12:58 am

I believe that this jutsu should only focus on one aspect of Sensory, not place multiple aspects into one. For this jutsu i suggest you focus on chakra signatures and chakra signatures only.

Unless you want to become more profitant sensory, Then make new jutsu that applies to that.
Back to top Go down
Elder Sage
Elder Sage

PostSubject: Re: Kenchiyou no Jutsu (Sensor Technique) Kenchiyou no Jutsu (Sensor Technique) EmptySun 23 Jan 2011, 2:09 am

~~~

Quote :
I believe that this jutsu should only focus on one aspect of Sensory, not place multiple aspects into one. For this jutsu i suggest you focus on chakra signatures and chakra signatures only.

Unless you want to become more profitant sensory, Then make new jutsu that applies to that.

I'll have to agree with Blaize. Your character has no talent for sensory and thus you possessing a very powerful technique which derives from that skill is odd. Yes most ninja have a common skill for sensory on a basic level (sensing when someones 'really' near) but what you've developed is something that requires special skill. I'll advise you to heed Blaizes advice to dumbing it down to chakra signature across the scale and drastically lowering the range.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ultimateshinobi.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kenchiyou no Jutsu (Sensor Technique) Kenchiyou no Jutsu (Sensor Technique) Empty

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
-