Ultimate Shinobi - A Naruto RPG

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Samatage [Chakra Shields]

View previous topic View next topic Go down
Otibot

Samatage [Chakra Shields] Vide
PostSubject: Samatage [Chakra Shields] Samatage [Chakra Shields] EmptySun 08 Apr 2012, 4:15 am

Clan Name: Samatage
Signature Traits:
Kekkei Genkai: Chakra Tangibility and Influence

Initially developing in a similar path to a certain overabundant clan of master chakra manipulators who are too good for pupils, the Samatage are extremely adept at manipulating their chakra, both in general and through manipulation of the Tenketsu. However, unlike the aforementioned and better known clan, the Samatage did not develop toward precise offensive applications. Instead, the Samatage developed in a way that decided to forego both precision and offense in favor of an almost omnipresent defense. Instead of jettisoning chakra in to an opponent’s body, they eject it in to the air. After saturating the air with their chakra, a Samatage is capable of solidifying and giving shape to the perforated chakra, effectively allowing them to create all manners of barriers and shields seemingly out of thin air in the area in which their chakra is spread. These barriers of pure chakra are so concentrated that they are given a red, translucent, visible form.

While the main functionality and general noteworthiness of the clan comes from the tangible chakra barriers, the Samatage are also capable of finer functions using their saturated chakra. While most involve augmenting the barriers in some way, such as adding adhesive properties, generating sharp protrusions or even integrating an elemental affinity, they can also use the permeating chakra to generate resistance to opposition’s movements or to generate an added level of acceleration to the user’s. The Samatage use this aura as a weapon to enhance themselves and their allies, allowing their chakra to soak in to and enhance or debilitate those around them.

History: Some learn the basics on the way to becoming exceptional, but some learn to make the basics exceptional. That is the basis of the Samatage. Originally, it was the farthest from the definition of the Samatage. In the early years of the Samatage clan, they were effectively the joke of the shinobi world. Possessing nothing particularly remarkable about them apart from the overbearing ego, the Samatage had accomplished very little apart from an impressively awful success rate. Very few could compare when it came to utter ineptitude. They clan spent so much time trying to stand out, be it through floundering acts of extravagant power or vain attempts at piety. Attempt after attempt failed and failed and the arrogant Samatage clan continued to trudge through uselessness, learning new lessons that never seemed to add up to anything productive. It took catastrophe and the death of half the clan for the inadequate and plain Samatage to learn their most important lesson of all: Humility.

The Samatage had finally admitted that they were, in fact, flawed. The clan as a whole focused on what might be the only thing they never had, their fundamentals and their chakra. For generations, the Samatage devoted themselves entirely to the perfection of the basics and in turn, they found ways to take the basic principles of chakra molding and control to create fascinatingly powerful and simplistic techniques. The stock of the Samatage clan began to steadily rise through generations of hard work and devotion to the basics. This extended to their children and their children’s children and years later, the Shumashuu clan had finally received the recognition it deserved. Very few in the world are capable of mastering themselves in the same fashion as a Samatage.

The sense of arrogance had never truly left the Samatage though and the Samatage people are a paradoxical conundrum of personality traits. The main body of the Samatage clan has a unique capacity to be both incredibly humble and cocky simultaneously. This contradiction breeds a very confident and cautious people that have weathered the storm of constant failures and constant success.

Clan Jutsu:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Otibot on Thu 12 Apr 2012, 9:58 am; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Enzo
Kumo Nin
Enzo

PostSubject: Re: Samatage [Chakra Shields] Samatage [Chakra Shields] EmptySun 08 Apr 2012, 7:39 pm

Quote :
Name: Samatage: Sharpen
Type: Ninjutsu
Range: Supplementary
Element: N/A
Description: Used in tandem with the trigger shield or its variants, this technique causes one of the Samatage’s barriers to gain a razor sharp edge, allowing it to function as a cutting tool and turning the normally defensive constructs in to an offensive weapon. The edge is comparable to a well made katana.
Chakra Cost: 2 Per Post
I'm a little confused.. what exactly is being sharpened? The Trigger Shield is a round barrier. It has no edges, so what is being sharpened there? As for a basic wall. Walls are flat, or at the most, rounded. How can you sharpen a wall? Do you mean the barrier creates spikes? Really confusing to me.

Quote :
Name: Samatage: Obstruction
Range: Range of Samatage: Perforation
Description: Usable once the Samatage’s chakra is effectively perforated in the surrounding area, this jutsu effectively greatly increases the weight of the chakra perforation in the surrounding area. While not physically affecting the gravity in the area, the technique causes the area around the Samatage to become viscous and causes all movement in the area, including the user’s, to drop substantially in speed. It can be equated to attempting to run through water. The Obstruction affects all physically tangible objects, I.E. people or masses of water or earth. Intangible things, such as fire, lightning, or wind, will find themselves completely unaffected by the Obstruction.
Chakra Cost: 6
Two things: 1.) How powerful is this gravity mimic? Twice that of earth's gravity? Three times? Four? Just a decent idea as to how powerful it is. 2.) Add a maintaining cost. Should also have a much higher initial cost. Reducing a member's entire fighting ability is a powerful skill. Even if your character is affected; they would have the advantage. After all, they've probably used this jutsu countless times.

Quote :
Name: Samatage: Trigger Shield
Range: Close (3 Foot radius around user)
Description: The Samatage are capable of projecting tangible chakra around themselves in a red bubble. This bubble is capable of absorbing and deflecting a myriad of threats and is capable of deflecting techniques or strikes by forcing an equal amount of chakra back into the enemy technique, typically creating opposite but equal forces that cancel one another out. The shield is capable of overpowering opposing techniques, and consequently being able to block multiples, or it can be overpowered horribly. At equal rank, the shield is capable of blocking the entirety of an opposing technique and is capable of blocking one more of every subsequent rank below it. If a higher level technique is used on the shield, the shield will shatter and cause immense internal damage to the Samatage, sending them into a temporary shock rendering them immobile for a post. The shield can last indefinitely so long as it has chakra to sustain it, but the user is incapable of moving while the shield is up. The shield itself is capable of moving in a circular fashion, allowing the user to roll in the shield as if it were a hamster ball, the user having control of the direction of the rotation, giving them limited mobility within the shield.
Chakra Cost: 6/12/22/37+2/3/5/9 per post
Just a few minor nitpicks, since the clan revolves around defense.
The first bolded part can just be removed. The next sentence says the same thing, in more detail. The second bolded part contradicts itself, or is just written poorly. First you state that you cannot move, but then say that you can move..?

There is one major thing I found... Just for clarification; if theoretically using an A-rank version, you could block 1 A-rank, 2 B-rank, 3 C-rank, OR 4 D-rank. Thing is, what if 2 C-ranks and a B-rank are thrown? Do 2 C-rank equal 1 B-rank? That doesn't seem very realistic. I'm sure two C-ranks could overwhelm a B-rank jutsu. For example; launching 2 C-rank fireballs to negate and counter a fire-dragon technique. Of course, multiple jutsu require multiple people. Plus, 2 B-ranks aren't equal to 1 A-rank. Look at the chakra cost for instance. B-ranks are between 10CP and 18CP. A-rank are between 19CP and 27CP. Two B-ranks would cost between 20-36CP. They can be much stronger than an A-rank. 2 B-ranks would realistically destroy the shield. This becomes a very big problem when it comes to regulating and moderating its usage.. 1B and 1C rank could work, but then you'd have to list all the possible combinations for all the possible ranks. Something that will only increase the word count of the jutsu. I'd like another staffer's opinion on what to do, since I'm relatively baffled. This applies to the other long-paragraph trigger shield variants.

Quote :
Name: Samatage: Shield Grab
Range: Surface of any Samatage Shield
Element:
Description: Used in tandem with the trigger shield or its variants, the Shield Grab makes the Trigger Shield very adhesive in nature and any taijutsu attack used on the shield will result in the victim being stuck to the shield. From there, the user is capable of holding them in place for one post before the effect is lost or manipulating the shield to slam the victim in to the ground.
Chakra Cost: 5
Is this a separate shield altogether, or an addition to an existing shield like the sharpen?

That is all for now. I'd prefer if another staff member helped me with this; only because I've never been good with defensive jutsu.

EDIT: Denied. Members of your clan lack ears, hair, teeth, tongue, head, torso, neck, and internal organs. Sorry, but we can't have walking legs and arms on the forum :/
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.ultimateshinobi.darkbb.com/forum
Otibot

PostSubject: Re: Samatage [Chakra Shields] Samatage [Chakra Shields] EmptyMon 09 Apr 2012, 4:57 am

Quote :
I'm a little confused.. what exactly is being sharpened? The Trigger Shield is a round barrier. It has no edges, so what is being sharpened there? As for a basic wall. Walls are flat, or at the most, rounded. How can you sharpen a wall? Do you mean the barrier creates spikes? Really confusing to me.

This is mainly for the projection and the personal shields, as neither are fully spherical and both have edges that are capable of being sharpened. Also...never called them walls, they're barriers, barriers are things that obstruct something. For instance, it is capable of going around these barriers, they have edges.

Quote :
Two things: 1.) How powerful is this gravity mimic? Twice that of earth's gravity? Three times? Four? Just a decent idea as to how powerful it is. 2.) Add a maintaining cost. Should also have a much higher initial cost. Reducing a member's entire fighting ability is a powerful skill. Even if your character is affected; they would have the advantage. After all, they've probably used this jutsu countless times.

Quote :
It can be equated to attempting to run through water.

That...isn't sufficient? I can create a precise mathematical representation of the pressure if you'd like, but it seems easier for other people if they just take how fast they run outside of water, compare it to how fast they run in a swimming pool, and then proportionately apply it to their character. I also assumed a per post cost wouldn't be needed considering it affects the user and a constant drain for the perforation is already there, but I can add one and up the initial cost.

Quote :
The first bolded part can just be removed. The next sentence says the same thing, in more detail. The second bolded part contradicts itself, or is just written poorly. First you state that you cannot move, but then say that you can move..?

The user is incapable of moving, like the shinobi himself is incapable of moving, for instance if some kind of piercing attack pegged the shield, the user would only be able to sit there dumbfounded and take a sharp object through the chest, but the shield itself is capable of moving like a wheel. I...didn't realize that would be confusing but I can clarify I suppose.

To the longer paragraph, I honestly do not know. When I tried asking for what a fair amount of blockage would be when I linked the techniques, I got comments on everything but the question I actually asked and after I smacked the person in question back on topic, I was told that it "blocks equal to rank" and didn't get much else. So whatever you find to be balanced is what we can go with.

Quote :
Is this a separate shield altogether, or an addition to an existing shield like the sharpen?

An addition, I will make it clear.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Enzo
Kumo Nin
Enzo

PostSubject: Re: Samatage [Chakra Shields] Samatage [Chakra Shields] EmptyMon 09 Apr 2012, 5:23 am

Quote :
This is mainly for the projection and the personal shields, as neither are fully spherical and both have edges that are capable of being sharpened. Also...never called them walls, they're barriers, barriers are things that obstruct something. For instance, it is capable of going around these barriers, they have edges.
I understood what you meant somewhat, I just thought the shield/barriers were very rounded; like the canon barrier squad. Case dropped~

Quote :
That...isn't sufficient? I can create a precise mathematical representation of the pressure if you'd like, but it seems easier for other people if they just take how fast they run outside of water, compare it to how fast they run in a swimming pool, and then proportionately apply it to their character. I also assumed a per post cost wouldn't be needed considering it affects the user and a constant drain for the perforation is already there, but I can add one and up the initial cost.

You can drop the per post bit to +1CP per post. It does after all make your perforation much heavier, which requires maintaining chakra flow to do. The other bit I seemed to have skimmed over too quickly. I actually remember reading it, but it didn't seem to click in my head when I asked my self "How strong is this 'gravity' influence?" Anyway, you can keep the description as it is.

Quote :
The user is incapable of moving, like the shinobi himself is incapable of moving, for instance if some kind of piercing attack pegged the shield, the user would only be able to sit there dumbfounded and take a sharp object through the chest, but the shield itself is capable of moving like a wheel. I...didn't realize that would be confusing but I can clarify I suppose.

Okay, I sort of understand. I don't really see this being abused or anything; and was mainly confused with the simple wording of the jutsu.

Quote :
To the longer paragraph, I honestly do not know. When I tried asking for what a fair amount of blockage would be when I linked the techniques, I got comments on everything but the question I actually asked and after I smacked the person in question back on topic, I was told that it "blocks equal to rank" and didn't get much else. So whatever you find to be balanced is what we can go with.

I'll ask another staff member (probably Darius) tomorrow about this. I really don't know what a good amount is. I would just go with "Able to block chakra equal to X amount" or something.

Quote :
An addition, I will make it clear.

Thank you <3
Back to top Go down
Enzo
Kumo Nin
Enzo

PostSubject: Re: Samatage [Chakra Shields] Samatage [Chakra Shields] EmptyTue 10 Apr 2012, 12:59 am

"If multiple jutsu are thrown at 1 shield; and the chakra cost of these jutsu are less than or equal to the chakra cost of the shield; the shield will not shatter. If above the chakra cost of the shield, it will either be forced to shatter, or the user will have to up the chakra cost of the shield by increasing the rank. If they cannot increase the rank, than the shield will have to break." Is what we've come up with.
Back to top Go down
Enzo
Kumo Nin
Enzo

PostSubject: Re: Samatage [Chakra Shields] Samatage [Chakra Shields] EmptyTue 10 Apr 2012, 1:41 am

Well, everything looks fine now! I'd like for another mod/admin to officially review this topic as well, and not just paste a second approval.

[1/2] Approved!
Back to top Go down
Adam
The Boss
Adam

PostSubject: Re: Samatage [Chakra Shields] Samatage [Chakra Shields] EmptyWed 11 Apr 2012, 4:25 pm

Firstly, I'm just wondering about not only the visibility of the saturated chakra in the air but the shields themselves, surely they'd have some sort of appearance or make some sort of noise when being created to ensure its not an instant ultimate defense?

Quote :
Name: Samatage: Perforation Extension
Range: Mid/Long (+15/30/50/70 meters on to the range of the Perforation)
Description: A technique that augments the Samatage: Perforation, the extension extends the effective area of the Samatage: Perforation. The user will expel a mass of chakra out through their tenketsu and greatly increases the user’s field of influence with the Samatage: Perforation. Given the increased area with which the chakra must be maintained as well, the per post cost to maintain the extended field increases as well, adding on to the cost of the initial perforation.
Chakra Cost:

C-rank:8 +2 per post
B-Rank:14+3 per post
A-rank: 24+5 per post
S-rank: 39+7 per post

So at S-rank your saturated chakra radius is spread out to a 70 metre radius?

Quote :
Name: Samatage: Trigger Shield Projection
Range: Range of Perforation
Description: A variant of the Trigger Shield, the Trigger Shield: Projection is pretty much exactly as the name suggests. The Samatage is able to project their trigger shield out and instead of creating a bubble around the user, they will create a two meter wide, curve barrier as if the bubble we split apart and bent in to a shield. This projection is capable of absorbing and deflecting a myriad of threats and is capable of deflecting techniques or strikes by forcing an equal amount of chakra back into the enemy technique, typically creating opposite but equal forces that cancel one another out. At equal rank, the shield is capable of blocking the entirety of an opposing technique. If a higher level technique is used on the shield, the shield will shatter and cause immense internal damage to the Samatage, sending them into a temporary shock rendering them immobile for a post. The shield can last indefinitely provided the user has the chakra to sustain it and the Samatage is able to control the position of the shield through arm movement. The strength of the shield is equivalent to the amount of chakra put in to it, consequently it is capable of blocking jutsu equivalent in cost to the amount of chakra put in to the jutsu.
Chakra Cost: Variable:

C Rank: 5 - 9+2 per post
B Rank: 10 - 19+3 per post
A Rank: 20 - 31+5 per post
S Rank: 32 - 45+9 per post

So assuming you used this on an S-rank that cost less than a S-rank blocked by the regular Trigger Shield, it would cost less chakra to activate this bigger version of the shield?

Samatage [Chakra Shields] WJbResq
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.ultimateshinobi.org
Otibot

PostSubject: Re: Samatage [Chakra Shields] Samatage [Chakra Shields] EmptyWed 11 Apr 2012, 9:33 pm

Quote :
Firstly, I'm just wondering about not only the visibility of the saturated chakra in the air but the shields themselves, surely they'd have some sort of appearance or make some sort of noise when being created to ensure its not an instant ultimate defense?

The saturation itself is not innately visible without some sort of chakra sensing, then it is noticeable because they'd be able to see the chakra. It is noticeable in that the air around them feels denser or heavier. The skill...sorta says this. The shields themselves appear as a red bubble/barrier of energy, equatable to a force field that you'd see in science fiction movies or something. So no, it's not an ultimate defense in any capacity, given that they require seals, and that the shields themselves are perfectly visible.

Quote :
So at S-rank your saturated chakra radius is spread out to a 70 metre radius?

+70. So 10+70=80

Quote :
So assuming you used this on an S-rank that cost less than a S-rank blocked by the regular Trigger Shield, it would cost less chakra to activate this bigger version of the shield?

Do you mean for something like the chakra reduction SC? I assume it'd block the initial cost before the reduction.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Adam
The Boss
Adam

PostSubject: Re: Samatage [Chakra Shields] Samatage [Chakra Shields] EmptyThu 12 Apr 2012, 12:13 pm

After a brief chat over skype, Andy has made some appropriate changes, such as removing those dazzling signature traits and editing something into his Kekkei Genkai in regards to the shields actual physical form and I'm happy with the changes.

Approved.

Samatage [Chakra Shields] WJbResq
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.ultimateshinobi.org
lifeanddeath
lifeanddeath

PostSubject: Re: Samatage [Chakra Shields] Samatage [Chakra Shields] EmptyMon 14 Jul 2014, 6:46 am

Archived.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Samatage [Chakra Shields] Samatage [Chakra Shields] Empty

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
-