Ultimate Shinobi - A Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Arrival {C- Travel}

View previous topic View next topic Go down
Flare
Kumo Nin
Flare

The Arrival {C- Travel}  Vide
PostSubject: The Arrival {C- Travel} The Arrival {C- Travel}  EmptySat 04 Aug 2012, 9:24 pm

The two Katsumis arrived just after a thunderstorm, looking ragged and weary from all the travelling and climbing that the Lightning Country had to offer. There were beasts to fight, mountains to climb, and frequent storms that they had to bear. But finally, they were here. Kimiko stood panting atop the large sloped path that they had found themselves upon and looked down where the pathway lead. What met her eyes was quite astonishing to say the least. A village completely suspended by rocks and mountains… it was incredible. Her mouth dropped open while she tried to comprehend it, realising why they called it Kumogakure. It was indeed almost hidden in the clouds.

Well… here we are, Kimi.” Her dad said, puffing out a long breath and smiling at his daughter. “Welcome to my home.” He said quieter, putting an arm around her and squeezing tight. Kimiko smiled; if this had once been her father’s home, it was also her home which was something nice to think about. It really was grand, quite the opposite of the humble Konohagakure where she was born and raised. Both villages held wonderful qualities to her, and both were considered ‘home’, where it felt right to rest and stay. She felt much more comfortable and relaxed already. “It’s amazing, dad.” She commented, quite stunned and currently struggling to find words while they made their way down the sloping path that lead to the village. “Why did you leave?” She asked, turning and looking at her father who was in turn looking very wistful. “That is a very long story. It would probably be best that I tell it to you with the rest of our family to fill in parts that I’m shaky on. I was only very young when I left Kumogakure.” He said, and Kimiko nodded in understanding. Judging by her father’s serious expression and almost pained look in his eyes, she knew that it was a difficult subject to talk about. He needed the support of his brothers, and that much was obvious.

They walked the last leg of their journey in comfortable silence, just enjoying each other’s company. Without a word, Kimiko reached over for her father’s hand and held it tight, turning and smiling at him to reassure him that everything was going to be okay. Despite her being nervous that morning, she had regained her usual courage, and it was like her and her father had done an emotional reversal. He appeared to be nervous, and from holding his hand, Kimiko could feel that he was shaking. Coming back to his village of origin after so many years must be hard for him, and she wanted him to know that she was there. A smile grew on his lips at the support from his daughter whom he had bonded closely with over their time away, and simply nodded his head, taking a deep breath and walking with more purpose.

They reached the village gates and were pulled up by the guards immediately. “State your purpose.” One of them said, his voice grinding on them both like chalk on a slate. Kimiko’s father smiled slightly at the tall guard and held his hands out in a modest gesture. “My name is Katsumi Hideyoshi, once a member of this village. I have remained in friendly contact with my family, that I’m sure you know, and have permission from the Raikage to enter the village with my daughter.” He was about to pull out the scroll that he had received a couple of days earlier, but the guard shook his head and stood back to allow them into the village. “Have a pleasant visit to Kumogakure, Katsumi-san.” He bowed his head and the two of them walked through after thanking him. The sun was beginning to set, but the village was still buzzing with life. Merchants were packing up their wares, shoppers were frantically buying their final purchases of the day and shinobi patrolled the streets silently, omnipresent and reassuring. Kimiko followed her father closely, not wanting to get lost in a busy village such as this. In her mind, she couldn’t help but compare it to Konoha. At this time, the Leaf village was much quieter; almost dead in fact. The villagers had tanned skin which was a contrast to her home village as well. They peered at the two outsiders curiously while they walked through the market square, not harshly in the slightest which was nice.

They ventured through windy streets until they found themselves on the outskirts of the housing district. Kimiko caught up with her father and bumped into him, surprised that he had stopped so suddenly. She peered round him, looking at what had stopped him dead in his tracks. In front of them was a large, two storey building panelled in dark oak wood. Peaks of little roofs rose in and out of the sky in the middle of the building which lead Kimiko to believe that it was more than one house or residence. Pools of welcoming yellow light poured out of the windows, and the low sound of chatter could be heard from inside.

This, was the Katsumi family’s home.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ultimateshinobi.darkbb.com/forum

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
-