Ultimate Shinobi - A Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Armor

View previous topic View next topic Go down
BK-201
Kumo Nin
BK-201

Armor Vide
PostSubject: Armor Armor EmptyMon 01 Oct 2012, 10:20 am

How does the whole ranking system work for armor? For that matter, what does it count for in terms of slots? For example, a C-rank nin can only have 2 C-rank weapons. If they had a C-rank piece of armor, would that fill one of the slots?

Back to the ranking question; in a little more than hypothetical question, let's say you want a mask for your character. It's described as specially treated non-shatter ceramic, suitable for guarding against shrapnel and unpowered shuriken/senbon (No chakra enhancement, no strength SCs). It lies more or less flat against the face, with large eye-holes to limit obstruction of peripheral vision. Said eyeholes are covered with reinforced transition-lens glass, also suitable for blocking the weakly thrown shuriken/senbon. Not-so-hypothetically speaking, best guess on the ranking of such an armor piece?
Back to top Go down
Ace
Ace

Armor Vide
PostSubject: Re: Armor Armor EmptyMon 01 Oct 2012, 4:35 pm

To my knowledge, I think it does count, though I do think it shouldn't considering you can use Armor for offensive attacks and not really use as a 'weapon' (sword/chains etc).

But yeah I think it does count towards the limit. :3

As for the weapon itself, I think a weapon with the description you have given should be C rank. Almost all weapons without chakra enhancement or SC that can block minor weapons or attacks such as shrapnel, shurikens , and senbons are considered to be C rank.

It just really depends in how strong are you trying to make this mask. And how much it can withstand of these hits.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ultimateshinobi.com
BK-201
Kumo Nin
BK-201

Armor Vide
PostSubject: Re: Armor Armor EmptyMon 01 Oct 2012, 8:45 pm

Pretty much exactly as I described; resistant to small projectiles, non-shatter so pieces will break off, rather than having the entire thing fall apart on my face, and transition lenses so my character is never really blinded by bright light. Not meant to be the kind of thing that lets me take a haymaker to the face unflinching. Just, practical.
Back to top Go down
Ace
Ace

Armor Vide
PostSubject: Re: Armor Armor EmptyMon 01 Oct 2012, 10:32 pm

*Is starting to think TVL saw Obito's mask on my avy and he wants one now. XD*
Back to top Go down
BK-201
Kumo Nin
BK-201

Armor Vide
PostSubject: Re: Armor Armor EmptyTue 02 Oct 2012, 9:14 am

Bish, do you even know who my face-claim is? And why would I want to imitate that Cyclops anyway? And stop misspelling my name!
Back to top Go down
Ace
Ace

Armor Vide
PostSubject: Re: Armor Armor EmptyTue 02 Oct 2012, 3:05 pm

TLV1991 wrote:
Bish, do you even know who my face-claim is? And why would I want to imitate that Cyclops anyway? And stop misspelling my name!

Aww yeah
Back to top Go down
Ashin
Kumo Nin
Ashin

Armor Vide
PostSubject: Re: Armor Armor EmptyMon 22 Oct 2012, 5:10 pm

I'm gonna go ahead and bump this, on the grounds that I also wish to know the answer to this question.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ultimateshinobi.darkbb.com/forum

Armor Vide
PostSubject: Re: Armor Armor EmptyTue 23 Oct 2012, 7:10 pm

We're figuring this out right now, gentlemen!

(:
Back to top Go down
Iruel
Iruel

Armor Vide
PostSubject: Re: Armor Armor EmptyWed 24 Oct 2012, 6:41 am

Just for curiosities sake, can we also look at the baseline resistance of Puppets?
Back to top Go down
Kiseki
Konoha Nin
Kiseki

Armor Vide
PostSubject: Re: Armor Armor EmptyWed 24 Oct 2012, 7:01 am

Depends on the level.

3 jutsu on equal level to break it and destroy it.

Or 2 jutsu above its level to break it.
Back to top Go down
Iruel
Iruel

Armor Vide
PostSubject: Re: Armor Armor EmptyFri 26 Oct 2012, 2:58 am

And if I stacked armor of it's rank onto it, would that count as C-Rank protection or that whole 3-jutsu of equal level stuff.
Back to top Go down
BK-201
Kumo Nin
BK-201

Armor Vide
PostSubject: Re: Armor Armor EmptyMon 03 Dec 2012, 4:21 am

So, yall still just kinda sitting on this one? I never did get an answer so far as "If a C rank ninja has a C-rank armor and a C rank weapon, does that fill both slots, or does it only apply two 2 C-rank weapons?"

Which is to say, is there a separate limit for each type of equipment; 2 C-rank supplementary equipment, 2 C-rank protectors, 2 C rank weapons; or is it a limit of 2 C-rank items across the board?
Back to top Go down
BK-201
Kumo Nin
BK-201

Armor Vide
PostSubject: Re: Armor Armor EmptyFri 07 Dec 2012, 5:15 am

Armor 287405 ARE YALL STILL MULLING THIS OVER?
Back to top Go down
MsMoney
Wanderer
MsMoney

Armor Vide
PostSubject: Re: Armor Armor EmptyFri 07 Dec 2012, 4:43 pm

You will be the first one to know when we have reached a conclusion.
Back to top Go down
Enzo
Kumo Nin
Enzo

Armor Vide
PostSubject: Re: Armor Armor EmptyThu 13 Dec 2012, 7:06 am

Conclusion: Armor will be allowed, however it cannot be made to reduce the force of impact or protect against sharp edges. Instead, it can be used as equipment to perform more passive abilities; like resisting certain elements (via a fire retardant cloth) or preventing toxic fumes from entering the lungs (via a gas mask). You can have armor for aesthetic purposes though, as long as it doesn't actually do anything in matters of defense. Such as having a Samurai Chest plate; that doesn't actually protect you from cut wounds (Don't ask how it's possible, be creative Razz). In matters of how they'll be regulated; it'll be the same as jutsu, weapons, summons, etc. The moderator will deem what is a fair amount of 'defense' this equipment may offer based on its rank and other factors such as size and realistic use. Basically; the best you'll get is limited defense toward an element.

The reasoning behind this limitation is rather simple: If we allowed armor, it would become increasingly difficult for a battle to resolve itself without one of the two parties exhausting their chakra pools. It's very difficult to land a hit on a Naruto RP as it is; due to all characters being ninja, which are known for being very evasive. However with armor, even a good hit would do very little damage because of its ability to take a absorb that hit for the character. As such, armor would be deemed very detrimental to the RP experience, and aren't really something ninja should be wearing. The canon doesn't have many ninja with suits of armor after all.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ultimateshinobi.darkbb.com/forum

Armor Vide
PostSubject: Re: Armor Armor EmptySat 22 Dec 2012, 8:06 am

Anymore questions or may we solve this?
Back to top Go down

Armor Vide
PostSubject: Re: Armor Armor EmptyMon 24 Dec 2012, 6:42 pm

ARCHIVED.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Armor Vide