Ultimate Shinobi - A Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Gifts of the Gods: The Water Temple

View previous topic View next topic Go down
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
Cookie Monster
Swaglord
Cookie Monster

Gifts of the Gods: The Water Temple Vide
PostSubject: Gifts of the Gods: The Water Temple Gifts of the Gods: The Water Temple EmptySat 20 Oct 2012, 3:01 pm

GIFTS OF THE GODS: THE WATER TEMPLE.
The Shield of Suijin

Heavy and powerful storms rip through the lands of Mizu no Kuni, one would imagine that the islanders would be used to the constant thrashing of rain, but these storms were different. They were more destructive in nature, more fearsome in power, it was as though Suijin himself was angered by the innocent humans, but why? Blasphemy was why. It is known that Suijin, along with his fellow brothers, had gifted the mortal world with a single weapon each, these weapons are said to hold unimaginable and incomparable power. Yet, a group of Suijin's most loyal and noble followers wished to seek out the weapon and destroy it. This angered the God of Water greatly.

He is how a human would describe, a man of sport. He wished for the humans to fight amongst one another to gain one of his most prized possessions, Suijin didn't wish for the game to end so soon. So to make matters difficult for these group of miscreants, he began a long and devastating campaign of attacks on the Water Country. Constant storms spread themselves amongst the islands, floods swept through the land and tsunamis engulfed entire villages. Due to the mess that Suijin had created, he had mistakenly allowed a single wave to sweep over one of his most sacred of temples, the temple in which held the Shield of Suijin. As the damage that the God of Water had caused was so sever, the group of defiers no longer took on the ambitious task of destroying the weapon, though now it appears that Suijin had made the game almost impossible to play.

Kizoku Mizu, the village that once was now lay twenty metres below the surface of the water. Bodies of women and children still lurk the waters, along with many aquatic plants that cling to the buildings. Many species of fish now claim the sunken village as their home, including sharks. From the surface of the ocean, the ruined village is incredibly difficult to view due to it's depth, however, there is a dome of light that makes itself quite apparent. Within the centre of the village, a large, protective bubble envelopes the entire sacred temple, keeping the holy place dry from any water. It is within this place that a person must reach in order to gain access to the temple, though first they must bypass the security that surrounds it.

Besides the heavy storm and waves that wreak havoc upon the surface of the waters, a rare breed of shark patrols the entire village. Only those with gifted eyes will have no trouble spotting these sharks, for they emit a blue electric glow across portions of their body, though it may seem a slight disadvantage to the sharks, it also acts as a defensive shield. For when someone or something comes into contact with the sharks, they will feel an electric sting, which equates to the power of a D - Rank Raiton technique. The total number of sharks is unknown and they are certainly a predator not to be toyed with. They are fast, vicious and immensely strong within the waters, taking them all on at once would be a foolish mistake.

Notes from Darius:
  1. The nearest source of land is three miles to the East, thus you should be travelling by boat in order to reach the specific location of the sunken village, with the glowing light beneath the water being a sort of indicator as to where it is. I wont forbid you from travelling by foot or any other means, just be aware that with an active storm, you have heavy winds and waves, as well as the constant battering of rain against you, meaning it shouldn't be a walk in the park.
  2. The sharks are a breed which no one has heard of or seen before, you cannot simply know everything about them apart from the simple traits that sharks usually carry, such as being drawn to blood. All you know about them that is different is that they glow, you don't know they can shock you unless you see this occur or have it done to you. Along with this, I'll be in complete control of the sharks unless otherwise stated.
  3. Before the event can officially begin, everyone who has applied for this temple must first make an arrival post. You will be given a fair amount of time to post your arrival upon the posting of this topic, after that, you will not be allowed to enter the event. Once everyone has arrived or the deadline has been met, I'll create a posting order for everyone to follow. To add, I'll set a posting limit of two days in between each poster. If you fail to post within two days, the next person to post is allowed to notify me of this and your character may fall victim to a surprise shark attack, drowning or being swept away to land, depending on the circumstance you're in.
  4. If and when someone manages to reach the protective bubble, I need the first person who reaches the bubble to place at the bottom of their post
    Code:
    [center][b]!BUBBLE BREACHED![/b][/center]
    After that, the topic comes to a stand still so I'm able to verify the person has successfully made it through the bubble and to also post the second portion of this event.
  5. In regards to a Team Leader, Kiseki and Ashin must decide amongst themselves who will be leading the mission. Remember to stay in character during this, if you're usually a person to assert themselves, then assert yourself. Don't forget that you can form a partnership in this and both act as leaders within the group. Genin are also able to contest for the leadership role, though usually it should be a Jounin or Chuunin in charge of the mission.
  6. If you have a problem with someone's post or have any other issues, notify me first. Do not begin an argument or discussion within this topic. Catch me in the Chatbox, PM me or Skype (suijin01) me.
  7. Have fun and enjoy yourselves!

Back to top Go down
http://www.ultimateshinobi.org
Kiseki
Konoha Nin
Kiseki

PostSubject: Re: Gifts of the Gods: The Water Temple Gifts of the Gods: The Water Temple EmptySun 21 Oct 2012, 12:30 am

Kanji sighed as he sat down on the nearby crate. It creaked in anger at the man's weight as his two shuriken and ninjato clanked together underneath his cloak. His large stature made him the go to guy for anyone who needed to find the man in charge of this operation. The jounin had to babysit a bunch of genin on a boat while the slowly traveled over to the water country despite his protest of just leaving them behind and going by himself. He could easily scale the water faster than most could even perceive him. The ride was bumpy and miserable with him trying to block out all the other people on it with him. He meditated for most of the ride getting the flow of his new found chakra under control before finally using it during this mission the raikage assigned him. "Go get the shield in mizu no kuni. Go take these genin with you. It'll be easy. I promise it won't slow you down. Blah blah blah." That is all the raikage told Kanji in a simplified form with less insults directed to his leader. Kanji really didn't feel like taking care of others, he could easily do this entire operation by himself but he was forced to take these people with him as back up. Kanji sighed heavily once more before looking before him at the group he had. It wasn't the best in the world but none the less this was his group. He was a cynical jerk in his later years due to the constant pressure pushed on him by his job and what he had to do but he wasn't going to let any of them die if he could help it. He stood up with the crate sighing in its own relief as he stretched with his red upper cloak stretching against his large chest.

The metal plate didn't seem to hinder anything the man did and if anything only complimented his overall appearance. He finished stretching and looked down at the group before him, his white hair was still perfect despite the boat ride. He ran a hand through it before making eye contact with each one of them. After their nice long journey together most of them would have learned not to avoid his eye contact. "Alright. Well. I'm stuck with you and you all are stuck with me. So this is what we gotta do to make this go by reeaaallly easy. Now I'm going to simply do this in the simplest manner possible. You all are going to state your name and what you are good at, don't give me something like cooking or talking I meant combat wise how can you be helpful to me?" Kanji said as he glanced over each one. "Me? I can do anything I need to do to kill anything I want. I am heavily involved in melee fighting. You all may think that you can match up to me. Let's be honest, you can't. I'll take each one of you out before you can think about hitting me. So let's get this set up properly. I'll lead and you will follow. I won't hurt you and I won't let any others hurt you. Now you may think I only act this way because you're genin. You're right. You aren't able to handle your own just yet. I need to be harsh on you. But I have heard another jounin should be arriving after us. Once he does you can decide on who you like best. Until then you're stuck with me." Kanji finished as he sighed heavily. It was a pain to lecture a bunch of genin on who was in charge and why."You. Blonde. You start." Kanji asserted as he pointed to the blond genin in front of him. His mind snapped back to the man wearing all gold on the volcano before snapping back into reality. Now all he had to do was wait and assess his current situation before they started moving. He glanced over each one making sure they weren't entirely frail and each one seemed like they could be fine young shinobi once they get more experience under their belt.

Of course the chance he made any friends with his attitude was slight he really didn't care. He was upset to baby sit when he could have just gone and gotten the relic before any one else would have the chance. He sighed and rubbed his eyes although the gesture seemed to be directed towards the blond in the middle of his sentence . "Oh no. Sorry. Continue on. I'm just tired.' Kanji hoped that he seemed like less of a jerk with that small clarification but it probably just only worsened it despite his current standing among the genin.
Back to top Go down
Kite
Kumo Nin
Kite

PostSubject: Re: Gifts of the Gods: The Water Temple Gifts of the Gods: The Water Temple EmptySun 21 Oct 2012, 1:48 am

Mizu No Kuni, a country in name but in reality, it was nothing more than a large arrangement of islands with a slightly larger landmass situated at its heart as though it were the centerpiece in an intricate artistict arrangement of jewels that one might see placed in a piece of fine jewlery or a crown of some sort. The small team had been slotted to head toward the country of water and so they found themselves aboard a passenger boat that was making a run toward the country's docks. Kaze had spent the initial hours of the trip exploring the boat and talking with many of the other passengers. The boy had never been beyond the borders of his home country and was feeling a tad excited by the prospect of visiting a foreign land. To make matters even better, he was on a boat in the middle of the ocean! Indeed, after having spent his time exploring the ship and getting to know several of the other passengers, he had spent the remainder of his time on the boat up on the deck, staring out over the vast expanse of the sea before them. The sight was breathtaking, to say the very least. It reminded Kaze of just how big this world was and how much he had yet to see. This thought only made the boy much more appreciative of the opportunity to leave his home for this very important mission.

The boy's eyes moved from the wondrous view of the ocean and to his team leader, a large hulking man sitting atop one of the many crates around the deck. Kaze's first impression of the man was that he was intimidating. The man seemed rather berift of joy, finding everything about the current arrangement and even life itself to be a chore that he reluctantly worked to complete. The thought saddened the blonde haired boy, but he held his tongue as he stifled the urge to question the large dark skinned jounin as to why his attitude was as such. The leader of his team didn't look like the type who would be apt to humor anyone with seemingly pointless questions that pertained to someone's negative attitude. Kaze would have to just accept that their leader was a man who was seemingly wrapped in a blanket of depression and frustration. Though he tried to accept it, the very thought caused his gaze to harden.

As though on cue, Kaze watched as his leader rose from the crate, stretching after spending so many hours seated in a meditative position. The boy couldn't help but stare in wonder at the large man's stature, admiring the physique of the jounin, all the while feeling envious over the disparity in size between the two. There were genin who were only two years older than Kaze who already carried themselves with nearly equal height this jounin all while Kaze seemed to remain in a diminutive state. It just wasn't fair. As the boy thought all this his mind was quickly pulled back to the present as the larger man began to speak, explaining how the team of genin and him were all stuck together. The thought wasn't exactly an unpleasant one, though Kaze couldn't say he was very excited by the prospect of spending his time with such a depressing leader. Suddenly though the conversation shifted more toward an inquiry of one's abilities. As the man's eyes moved to stare down at Kaze and the rest of his peers, the boy felt himself quickly overcome by the urge to avert his eyes away from larger jounin's. Following this urge, the young genin quickly glanced off to the side just before Kanji's intimidating red eyes set upon him. Suddenly Kaze was singled out, called upon as though he were in class to begin the exercise. The boy felt a lump appear in his throat as he tried to swallow hard before beginning.

"Uh...I'm Kaze Mikado. I use taijutsu to fight but I also know some medical jutsu and a bit about the human body."

The boy kept it short and to the point, not wanting to anger his team leader by talking too much. Already it had seemed that the dark skinned jounin had grown somewhat tired of Kaze's speech, bringing his hand up to pinch his nose and shut his eyes while Kaze was still speaking. Of course, he quickly worked to reassure Kaze that he wasn't reacting to what had been said, but the young genin still felt slighted, though it wasn't as though he were going to do or say anything about it.
Back to top Go down
Emperor of Rock
Konoha Nin
Emperor of Rock

PostSubject: Re: Gifts of the Gods: The Water Temple Gifts of the Gods: The Water Temple EmptyWed 24 Oct 2012, 3:11 am

I AM VENGEANCE

Recovering a shield that was supposedly created by a God, that is the mission. Izanagi blatantly refuses to believe that gods exist at all, and to believe that they created such weapons with immense power for humans to use is just down right silly. However, something is creating these unnatural storms and what everybody believes, is that the culprit is actually the Shield of Suijin. It's a bit of a stretch to think that a shield alone could actually cause something like this. But, the storm looks too violent for it to be just a natural occurrence. And so, a team of genins and jounins was sent to recover the so called Shield of Suijin in hope that the storm will stop, or at least weaken a bit. It was wishful thinking at best, however, that's all the information they have and that's all they can do at this moment.

Izanagi stared at the distance, completely shut his mind when a strong gust of wind passed right through him. The wind almost ripped the cloak Izanagi wore right off him, almost took Izanagi himself. But he quickly came to his senses and saved his cloak and himself. Just at that time a jounin started to speak. He looked annoyed, very annoyed, as if he didn't want to do this mission, or he didn't want to do it with a bunch of genins. Not a good sign to see in somebody who is supposed to be a leader. Obviously he acts like he is the tough guy on the boat. At some degree he is right. He is a higher ranked shinobi and that alone gives him some kind of superiority, but brute force will get him nowhere, only in an early grave. Luckily there is supposed to be another jounin on the boat, hopefully somebody with a bit more brain in him.

After the small show, and a quick introduction from the tough guy, at least what his core skill was, he asked the name of the genins and which is their specialization. Interestingly enough, he forgot to mention his own name. Does he think everybody knows who he is or he doesn't care at all how people call him. Nonetheless, he pointed at a blonde genin and he introduced himself. It was a quick and simple introduction. His name was Kaze Mikado. At first glance it wouldn't seem that the boy specializes in taijutsu, but than again, who is Izanagi to judge. After that short introduction, it seems that it was Izanagis turn. He looked the nameless jounin in the eyes "Mine name is Hakuchou Izanagi from the Uchiha clan. I specialize in the arts of illusion and ninjutsu."

Izanagi decided to keep it short and simple too, no need to give some elaborate details. However he is a man of manner and it irked him a bit of not knowing the name of the jounin. And so without any hesitation he asked "Pardon me sir, but you haven't mentioned your name. Would you be so kind to tell us what your name is?" Even though Izanagi isn't very fond of the first impression this jounin left, it's still common courtesy to know somebodies name, especially if that individual happens to be your leader.

I AM THE NIGHT
TEMPLATE BY LAUREN (CYANIDE CANDY)
Back to top Go down
proof72
proof72

PostSubject: Re: Gifts of the Gods: The Water Temple Gifts of the Gods: The Water Temple EmptyWed 24 Oct 2012, 3:54 pm

The influx of comrade Shinobi allowed the Nara youth to feel at home even in this distant and foreign land, whose people were completely different then the villagers of Kumogakure he had grown up around. These were business men who spared no expense in providing anything one could imagine, all for a modest sum of course. One could even purchase the approval of society at the right price, indeed, it seemed Mizu No Kuni was a country where everyone understood the language of money. Azoth had seen to what extent many would go for their own private fortune, greed was one of hell of a whip used to drive the masses until they could no longer break their backs working. He played nice though, consorting with the town folks in the time before he needed to depart for his mission, allowing them to spill their guts as Azo gently nudged the conversation in the direction he wanted. Any rumors circulating about the nearby phenomenon was what he was looking for, and no one liked gossip more then the mature women running the local tea houses. Though surprisingly, as Azoth kept digging through the mountains of personal anecdotes and pointless references, he seemed no closer to even a word on what he needed. Did these people bear some ill intent toward the forehead protector he so blatantly displayed on his right shoulder? Could it have been the weapons he holstered which struck fear at their core? Regardless, he decided to cut his activities short and headed out to port with time to spare. Though these storms were anything but normal, and no one could sway Azo away from that belief. He was never very religious, frankly the whole notion of an all seeing, omnipotent being was beyond insane, though he didn't imagine anything else being capable of causing such storms.

He waited, scanning the other Shinobi who would accompany him, though keeping mostly to himself as he killed time, playing with a toothpick he kept tucked between his lips. The ocean was a gorgeous site, he had almost forgotten what it looked like due to the years upon years cramped up in the confines of Kumogakure. Azoth wished for nothing more then to dive into the water, let the stream take him wherever it was going and wash away any responsibilities which he carried with with him. Though things were rarely that simple, Shinobi were creatures of strict creeds which demanded 150% of their natural willpower for a one in a hundred shot at success. It was his goal to be at the top percentile, and no one ever won the renown of the people at a Oceanside retreat now did they? He smirked from the thought, boarding the boat shortly after, with his legs moving autonomously.

Once aboard, the waves kept them rocking back and forth as they cut a path through the water, the only noise sounding through the deck. From the looks of it, Azoth could surmount who was in charge here, running through various thoughts as he stared down the white haired man. Even for his age he was rather large, the symbol of a Shinobi who had survived years in their field of murder, betrayal, and apparently, rare artifacts. Though it seemed the price for his survival came at quite a toll, evident by the black cloud which loomed around his demeanor. Could he really blame the guy though? He had seem for himself how twisted people could be, sure they can change and everyone deserves to be forgiven: but one must never forget. Before he could indulge the thought any more though, the man was standing up addressing them all. "Alright. Well. I'm stuck with you and you all are stuck with me. So this is what we gotta do to make this go by really easy. Now I'm going to simply do this in the simplest manner possible. You all are going to state your name and what you are good at, don't give me something like cooking or talking I meant combat wise how can you be helpful to me?
"

At last, things were about to get underway, Azoth waited in his seat as he heard the man describe his own skills, or brag, he couldn't tell. But who was he to say anything? Hopefully he was as powerful as he claimed, it'd make this assignment go all that much smoother. Next was a young Genin with blonde hair, who upon further inspection appeared to be someone he knew. The lads name was Kaze Mikado, and though he was young, Azo believed he wouldn't be a burden to the mission, he had spared with him, testing his skill as clashing steel did its part. After came a cloaked Shinobi, who's introduction sort of dumbfounded the Nara youth (something not commonly done)"my name is Hakuchou Izanagi from the Uchiha clan. I specialize in the arts of illusion and ninjutsu."". If he was a member of the Uchiha, then why didn't he bear their surname? it seemed like the tell tale sign of a checkered past, though maybe Azo was reading too much into it. Once it came to Azoth, he stood up and addressed the crowd with a friendly persona, keeping his racing thoughts and inside accusations hidden behind a mask. " Hey, nice to meet you all, and I hope things go smoothly on this assignment. Im Azoth Nara, and in case they don't im a Weapons user as you can see". As he spoke, he unhinged a single Tomahawk with one hand and pointed to the bow and quiver strapped across his back with the other. " I can handle my own, and I can even handle your foes with this bow of mine. Im also quite adept at Ninjutsu, and if any of you have ever heard of my clan, you'll know im gifted with restraining Jutsu. and I agree with Izanagi, spare us some details, would ya?". He ended his introduction with a casual smirk, putting his weapon away and once again taking his seat in order to allow the next their turn.

Last edited by proof72 on Thu 01 Nov 2012, 5:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ashin
Kumo Nin
Ashin

PostSubject: Re: Gifts of the Gods: The Water Temple Gifts of the Gods: The Water Temple EmptyThu 25 Oct 2012, 2:02 am

Vandheer Haretsu-Lorde, known almost elusively as the greatest weapon user of his generation. Famed for having never fallen in combat, never retreating, never losing. This was the man, nay Demigod, the Raikage had seen fit to send on a particularly important, if impromptu, mission. 'What is your assignment? Simple; Find the source of the massive storms within Mizu no Kuni, and put an end to them.' This was a simple enough task, one that required much less then the substantial skill of a Jounin such as himself. Or rather, that was what he had thought, until the entirety of the situation had been laid bare. 'Based on information I have gathered form various sources, the cause is none other then the Shield of Suijin. I need not tell you of the importance this mission carries.' It was true enough. He was more then aware of the legendary weapon, and had, once upon a time, searched for it. That was the past however, and the present beckoned urgently. Upon hearing those words, the masked man had but a singular question: When, and where, did he begin. To this end, he was given a rough map, a location, and a time.

Confident in his abilities, Vandheer had set of post haste, only for the Raikage, as per usual, to throw him a last second curve ball, seemingly just to irk the mammoth being. 'By the way... I am sending a small team of Genin and another Jounin along as well. They should already be en route. Once you come into contact with them, make certain of the Genin's safety throughout the course of the mission.' Steam filtered out the sides of his faceplate, irritation rising to the surface at the very memory of the smirk present on the village leaders face. 'Smug bastard...' Of course the Lightning Shadow knew just how to press his buttons, and used every possible opotnuity to do just that. It was because of this that now, instead of a simple solo mission, for which he would have likely already been done with, he was seated on a slow moving, pedestrian ship alongside his fellow Kumo shinobi. Even as they plowed through the viscous waves, Vandheer could swear he felt the sea's hunger beating away at his nerves. Being at sea, on a vessel specifically, made the large Jounin uncomfortable. If anyone noticed they had enough sense not to mention it. Not that he made it particularly easy to identify in the first place.

Making a point to stay distanced from the other ninja, he was currently seated just shy of the wall of the small cabin they seemed to be taking refuge within, clinging to the opposite side of the room with apparent displeasure as to the other occupants. Besides himself there was one other shinobi of noteworthy rank; A Jounin who, by all accounts, seemed to be quite full of himself. Not only had he assumed control of the mission, but had displayed to the genin, quite openly in fact, that he found no pleasure in babysitting them, and that they had the choice of him, or Vandheer. Eyes narrowed, brows furrowed in obvious opposition. 'Accompany me? They have yet to earn the right...' Still, he was under orders to protect any Genin under his command. Disobeying the most powerful ninja in the village was not an event he wished to partake in, and so, with much vinegar, he prepared himself to undergo a most demeaning task; Guard duty. Soon, the ninja began naming off their abilities and specialties alike, The Jounin adjacent requesting them to do so. Vandheer nodded, half in understanding, half in agreement. It was an intelligent move. Genin, lacking experience, trained instinct, and overall power output, had to be put into groups with others of their level so as to balance out their flaws and more thoroughly pronounce their strengths.

First up was a dull looking blonde, his answer to the question nervous and shaky at best. "Uh...I'm Kaze Mikado. I use taijutsu to fight but I also know some medical jutsu and a bit about the human body." 'Not high on IQ this one...' Still, there was barely a pause before the next one spoke, seemingly impatient to get his own monologue underway. "Mine name is Hakuchou Izanagi from the Uchiha clan. I specialize in the arts of illusion and ninjutsu." Once again Vandheer felt his eyes narrow. The Uchiha were well known for being high strung, prideful to the point of distraction, and more then a bit stuck up. Yet here was one who met none of these perquisites, and lacked the mocking arrogance the clan was more then known for. And to top it off, he had a different surname then his clan name. 'Odd...' Before elaboration could commence, however, yet another voice rang true, overriding the stormy soundtrack being played against the sides of the weather-worn ship. "Hey, nice to meet you all, and I hope things go smoothly on this assignment. I'm Azoth Nara, and in case they don't I'm a Weapons user as you can see." The youth flashed his choice weapons, an axe and a bow, before continuing. "I can handle my own, and I can even handle your foes with this bow of mine. I'm also quite adept at Ninjutsu, and if any of you have ever heard of my clan, you'll know I'm gifted with restraining Jutsu."

The Haretsu knew little of the Nara clan, being that they stuck close to Konoha in most cases. From what he gathered they were incredibly smart, and had some sort of clan technique involving shadows. Regardless, it was now, based on the looks he received, his own turn to release information about himself to the others surrounding him. With a begrudging sigh and a wave of his left hand Shinjin Tamashi appeared, gleaming eerily in the dully lit cabin and illuminating the corner within which he was seated. Following suit, his right hand soon followed suit, coming into view palm out, and mouth open. resigning himself to his utterly cursed fate, he spoke, deep baritone marinating his words even as he emitted them. "Vandheer Haretsu-Lorde. My specialty lies within weaponry and ninjutsu. I prefer close range, used in tandem with ninjutsu and the explosive clay my clan was gifted with." Retuning his various appendages to their rightful place, the massive man spoke no more, perfectly content to allow the others to decide things. Powerful he may be, but the leader of a Genin squad was not something hew wished to be. Two of the Genin, the Uchiha and the Nara, spoke out their disapproval of the lack of introduction given by the yet unnamed Jounin, wishing to know, at the very least, a title to which they may address him. It was at this point that Vandheer zoned out a bit, not concerned in the least with decisions of the others.

'Protecting Genin is a distant secondary assignment. I shall focus on the completion of my first directive; Find the Shield and end the storm...'
Back to top Go down
http://www.ultimateshinobi.darkbb.com/forum
Cookie Monster
Swaglord
Cookie Monster

PostSubject: Re: Gifts of the Gods: The Water Temple Gifts of the Gods: The Water Temple EmptyThu 01 Nov 2012, 7:56 pm

Thank you to the five of you for posting within the topic, it seems we've already lost Tsumi Buredo for reasons that I'm not aware of, though I'm sure this wont have an impact on the current objective for you all. With all five of you on the same boat, it'll make the journey to the nearest source of land that bit more easier. A special note for Jerry and Ashin; don't forget to establish who the leader of the mission will be, the result may have an effect on how you all work together and effectively the result of the mission. I don't see an issue with the current posting order, so from here on out, continue as you currently have please.
  1. Kiseki
  2. TOPKite
  3. Ivan
  4. proof72
  5. Ashin
I hope you all remember, communication is key within this event, both IC and OOC. If one of you feel that you will be unable to meet the forty eight hour posting limit, make myself and the poster after you aware of this so that we may discuss a post skip if need be. If no communication has been made, I will enforce the two day limit rule, which is to force your character out of the topic. As for now, good luck and have fun!
Back to top Go down
Kiseki
Konoha Nin
Kiseki

PostSubject: Re: Gifts of the Gods: The Water Temple Gifts of the Gods: The Water Temple EmptyFri 02 Nov 2012, 1:27 am

Kanji watched everyone carefully as Kaze finished speaking, the kid had a chance to go with Kanji who specialized in taijutsu as well. It could be a learning experience, Kanji made a mental note of this as he looked to the next genin for their introduction. Izanagi was one genin that had caught his attention with him announcing he was from the uchiha clan. It brought back painful memories of Sanjiro but Kanji remained ice cold with his glare. The small uchiha questioned Kanji for his name until it dawned upon the large jounin that he had indeed forgotten to present his own name. He thought about saying it then and there but he decided to ignore such a thing and let the rest continue before announcing it. He wasn't too sure on telling the Uchiha his last name but decided against it. Azoth then stood up and announced his specialties, weaponry and ninjutsu. So far Kanji was considering just taking Kaze and Azoth leaving Izanagi with the other jounin. Almost on cue the armored Jounin shifted in the corner. He revealed his abilities with weaponry and a strange clay based jutsu. Kanji didn't entirely comprehend how clay was explosive but none the less memorized the name.

"Vandheer Haretsu-Lorde" He whispered softly as he tried to figure out which was his true last name. Either way he memorized both Lorde and Haretsu just in case. Kanji now glanced at all the faces, with the exception of Vandheer. Kanji frowned at such a complicated name, he disliked them personally and tried to figure out a way to shorten it. "Vand... Heer.... Van... Her... Bah. Vandheer, good to see you sat in the corner the whole time. I believe you are in the same boat as me, figuratively and literally. We both don't want to be here but sadly for us we are. Now before I present my name as you've all requested with the exception of Kaze and Vandheer. I'll assign us something like a makeshift squad. Azoth you will go with Vandheer and Kaze will go with me. I did this based off of our specialties so that the jounin can give pointers to the genin while we go into the temple. Izanagi, I personally don't know where you should go with we were to be split apart so I'm just assigning you to Vandheer for safe keeping. He is quite renown in the village for being powerful."

Kanji felt the boat rock a little bit before he peered out into the water just outside the cabin. He smiled as he noticed the faint glowing but quickly rid himself of it while he turned to face the rest of his team. "I am Kanji Senju of the Senju clan. I'm not renown and I'm not the best, but I guarantee you all that we will come out of this alive if I can help it. Since Vandheer seems to not care either way about the leader of this assignment I'm taking it upon myself but Vandheer is also given a position of authority in the sense that his word is not to be disobeyed. Don't throw your life away if he asks you to but don't ignore him either. If we split up stick with your groups and don't fall behind. The shield should let us all reach it even if we do get split up." As the boat came to a slow stop the rain smacked against the cabin knocking for them to come outside to see the water. Kanji motioned for them all to stand however he didn't expect Vandheer to stand. The two were powerful so they had no real reason to listen to one another. "If you take a look outside you will see our temple." Kanji flung open the door as he stepped up to the railing of the boat, small indistinguishable figures could be seen floating and swimming in the water. Upon closer inspection one would recognize that they were just sharks however this didn't seem to discourage Kanji. A smile spread against his face as he looked towards Kaze then back at the water.

"Ahahaha.... Hehe... Oh this is gonna be fun..." Kanji chuckled as he stood on the edge of the boat probably surprising the rest of the team. "I can easily swim down to the bottom of this ocean with no problem, I'll be waiting for the rest of you shortly, but first." Kanji touched the water after preforming a string of handseals. Five sharks spawned out of the water and their form was that of water as well. Kanji grabbed Kaze by the scruff of his shirt the large jounin smiled and waved to the rest of them. Squad Senju is out! Good luck!" Kanji leaped backwards as the sharks followed after him in the water. Kanji felt invigorated by the water rushing around him. He hadn't swam so fast in years. The five water sharks would spring into action the second one of the brown sharks noticed them. Kanji knew that considering he speed they would breach the bubble in no time his main concern was just getting Kaze there in time so that he didn't drown.

Spoiler:

185/200 CP remaining
Back to top Go down
Kite
Kumo Nin
Kite

PostSubject: Re: Gifts of the Gods: The Water Temple Gifts of the Gods: The Water Temple EmptySat 03 Nov 2012, 7:13 pm

Standing there, Kaze began to realize just how small and insignificant he was within his village. Only a genin, the boy was standing before two of the village's most elite shinobi, both radiating auras of power that the boy could only hope to withstand. It was an overwhelming prospect that caused him to shift rather uneasily where he stood. His eyes drifted to the other members of the party. Two more genin had come along for the ride. One of them was a mystery to him, someone whom Kaze had never seen before around the village. The boy could only wonder why he had never met this boy before. He obviously had to be somewhat talented to be here, right? If so, why was this the first time the blonde haired child had seen this boy? Where had he been all this time? Something else about the boy had struck Kaze as odd. He had mentioned he was from a clan. The name wasn't familiar to Kaze, nor the significance of his claim of being a scion from said clan. As such it left Kaze wondering what importance this could carry. Was it just a title or did it mean something more? Kaze had neglected to state he was from the Mikado clan, but then again, there was no point in doing so, given that his "clan" wasn't anything that related to the ninja world. The boy shook his head slightly, trying to shake the thoughts from his mind as his eyes now shifted toward Azo.

Kaze's eyes narrowed slightly once he focused in on Azo's form. The two had met before, long ago when Kaze had been fresh out of the academy. The two had sparred though the match had ended rather poorly in Kaze's opinion. Azo wasn't exactly the honest type, as Kaze had learned that day. The memory still caused Kaze's blood to boil but he did well to hide his feelings. He needed to work together with these people, not against them or in spite of them. He was the medic after all, seeing as no one up until now had stated that they were proficient with medical jutsu. Kaze made note of the boy's claim about his ability to restrain people. Kaze couldn't say he remembered such a power being used during their spar (it had been used on Kaze but the boy had been too dense to realize it), but he didn't doubt Azo's capabilities to fight. The short Nara was a deadly foe. A soft sigh escaped his lips as he turned his attention toward the large jounin known as Haretsu-Lorde after finishing his assessment of the two fellow genin.

The man was a big man, though even then, he still fell short of the darker skinned jounin in terms of stature. Once more clans came into play. This armored man spoke of explosive clay that seemed to be inherent to his clan. It was here that Kaze began to wonder if everyone on this boat possessed some special genetically inherited ability that helped them to be extraordinary ninjas. Kaze couldn't help but feel like the odd man out. He had no special ability, nor did his family have a legendary legacy that left people in awe. In fact, Kaze was the first ninja ever in his lineage. It was something that he took pride in on most days, but when he was surrounded by people such as these, he wondered if he had chosen the right path.

Next up was the dark skinned jounin who finally began to introduce himself properly. Once more, stating what clan he belonged to, this man was no different aside from the fact that he gave no indication of what his clan's powers were. It was then that Kaze began to realize that perhaps these "clans" actually all carried unique abilities that were signature to their name. If that was so, then there was no need to state what one's power was if the clan name was spoken in the same sentence. This was a whole new dimension the boy had never even considered during his time as a ninja. A soft sigh escaped through his lips as he began to slowly regret coming here. Both Jounin didn't seem to care much for the idea of keeping these genin safe, both more or less feeling as though the three greenhorns were nothing but a chore. It didn't seem fair to the young boy as he turned his gaze toward the water after exiting the cabin. Peering over the side, Kaze could make out an eerie glow coming from what he could only assume was the bottom of the water logged area. Also, he saw strange and large shapes playing across the glow like shadows in a shadow puppet show. The shapes looked vaguely like humongous fish. Such a thought left the boy thinking of two possibilities.

The first was that they were dealing with over sized fish that had somehow evolved or transformed in this part of the ocean into a strange breed that he had never heard of or read about. Though Kaze was no expert in terms of sea life, he had read plenty of stories as a small child about pirates, and sailors. Though such stories only left him with a very romantic and vague understanding of the sea. The other, more likely possibility was the presence of sharks. These shapes resembled sharks and it wasn't a stretch to think that such predatory animals would use this area as their hunting ground. Kaze's thoughts were interrupted as he noticed the dark skinned jounin staring at him with a strange smile. Immediately Kaze began to feel worried and found himself pulling out four kunai and four explosive notes. Working quickly, Kaze began to prepare the notes and kunai into explosive kunai, aiming to use them to fight the sharks the best he could. It was almost a given that they'd need to work their way through the depths if they hoped to reach the source of the glow below. Kaze only hoped that somehow there would be a way for them to breath once they reached their goal, perhaps a pocket of air or something like that within the temple walls. If not, this was a suicide mission. The boy didn't like the thought of being sent to his death.

As Kaze thought about all this he managed to slip his explosive kuna into his pouch, all except a single kunai which he kept held firmly in his left hand. The boy had no fear of his tags not working under water given that these tags used chakra as their only catalyst, not fire nor explosive powder. Water would not bother the chakra, the explosion would be almost as deadly under water as it was above if Kaze willed it. Thinking this, the boy took a deep breath, gathering himself, getting ready to dive in after Kanji who was now standing on the side of the boat, facing Kaze. The boy was to go with him while Azo and the other other boy went with armored swordsman. Suddenly Kaze felt an undeniable force lifting him by the scruff of his shirt as he began to fall toward the water. It took the boy a moment to realize what was happening, to realize he had been grabbed and was being pulled in. Luckily for Kaze, ha had realized in time to manage to fill his lungs with oxygen in one big gasp for air before he was submerged within the water along with Kanji before even managing to utter a single word of protest. There was no turning back now, it would have seemed and such a thought caused the boy's right hand to dive into his pouch to retrieve another explosive kunai as his eyes began to search for any approaching enemies as the two sped toward the bottom thanks to Kanji's seemingly amazing swimming speed.
Back to top Go down
Emperor of Rock
Konoha Nin
Emperor of Rock

PostSubject: Re: Gifts of the Gods: The Water Temple Gifts of the Gods: The Water Temple EmptyMon 05 Nov 2012, 9:57 pm

I AM VENGEANCE

While awaiting for the supposed leader to give his name, Izanagi took a quick glance at the remaining shinobis on board that haven't introduced themselves. One was a small kid, presumably a genin like himself. The other was a huge man, and he looked much more threatening than the rest of the crew, definitely a jounin like the other one. But the first one to introduce himself was the genin. His name was Azoth from the Nara clan. An average looking kid from a clan that is very known for it's intelligence and their secret technique. Though their usual residence is in Konoha, so he was curious to see what a Nara is doing so far from it's home. However, Izanagi's clan too originates from Konoha so he should't be the one to talk about odd. And of course his specialization lies in Ninjutsu but oddly enough in weaponry too, more specific, in use of a tomahawk, a weapon you will rarely see on somebody.

And the last one to introduce himself was the huge man. The name was Vandheer Haretsu-Lorde. The name sounded familiar to Izanagi and than it struck him. He heard the name Vandheer on the streets, and the stories about it were far beyond amazing. He was considered to be one of the best weapon users in the whole village, that none can defy his power. Still those were just rumours on the streets, and how much of that is true is yet to be seen. But the man did have this impressive aura, almost threatening. At some level Izanagi was relieved to have somebody of this calibre on the mission as he seemed fit to lead this team instead of the nameless jounin. But sadly it seems that he doesn't care who will lead this mission and so the leadership falls upon the nameless jounin.

And as he predicted, the nameless jounin took upon himself to lead this team. Izanagi wasn't surprised at all on that because the jounin really liked to talk, and honestly, he was cocky. Most of the time, that type of people are the ones that lead the rest, but are they the right choice? More often than not, they are a bad choice as they take too large risks that end up in disaster, mostly because of their cockiness. Is the mission going to end in disaster because of this man, or will it end in success. Nobody knows, but Izanagi will do whatever he can to not fail. And so the nameless jounin started to team up the crew.

Kaze is going with him while Azoth is going with Vandheer, as for Izanagi, the nameless jounin didn't know where to put him. A jounin not knowing where to put somebody. A leader who can't come up with plausible strategies only spells doom to the team. Though at the closer inspection Izanagi realized that every and each one of them are close range users while Izanagi is the only long range user. He kind of understands why he chose such teams, so that the genins can learn from them, their specialities. But this is not a training, this is a mission, a serious one, on which lives can be lost if one is not careful enough, and carefully planing the team is key to the success of the mission. But in the end, the jounin put Izanagi in the supposed custody of Vandheer. And in the end he finally announced his name. Kanji Senju.

And so the mission begun. The temple was located under the water and the only way to reach it was naturally by swimming down. Getting down is easy to do by itself, but than the mission would be to easy to do. There were several sharks in the water, circling the temple and guarding it. The sharks did look a bit out of the ordinary but it was probably because of the storm that agitated the water that made them look that way. Luckily Izanagi has a skill that can put them all under his illusion without any problem so the sharks do not concern him at the least even if they were special sharks. But Izanagi didn't really want to wet his outfit as it's made by really expensive stuff. However it seems that there is no way for him to get to the temple dry and so he is forced to take a little bath.

Suddenly Kanji made five sharks made out of water. They were the perfect ride for the whole team to reach the temple in no time. But of course he never thought of that. He took Kaze and his sharks and dived down towards the temple leaving Azoth, Vandheer and Izanagi at the boat. Izanagi was starting to get annoyed by the incompetence of the leader. Instead of giving each member a shark as a ride to reach the temple, he just took off, as if he doesn't care on how will they reach the temple. He sighed and said "Do you have some fancy trick like that sir Vandheer or are we going to take a nice swim?"

I AM THE NIGHT
Back to top Go down
proof72
proof72

PostSubject: Re: Gifts of the Gods: The Water Temple Gifts of the Gods: The Water Temple EmptyWed 07 Nov 2012, 3:29 pm

Once he had taken his leave from the stage they shared, Azoth waited patiently for anyone else to introduce themselves, crossing his arms together as the toothpick between his lips bobbed up and down. The next Shinobi was someone else he managed to recognize, a rather large individual who went by the name of Vandheer Haretsu-Lorde. His deeds had earned him the title "Demigod of Kumogakure " and his skills were certainly menacing to say the least, Azo could still recall the pain he felt when slammed against a boulder by a violent gust of wind he had conjured. The phrase between a rock and a hard place had never rung more true, though the pain which felt almost surreal to him only served to rally his drive. He would demonstrate to not only Vandheer, but the rest of the squad that he was a formidable Shinobi as well, regardless of his age. With the introductions finally passed, it seemed the mission was finally about to get underway under the leadership of the nameless Jounin. Azo couldn't tell which one of the two would have made for a better leader, Vandheer was powerful, no doubt, but he was apathetic too, one can't lead a team without some sort of stake on it, even on the off chance he was leadership material. The other senior Shinobi seemed just as detached, though he at least feigned a sense of professionalism, taking the time to get to know his allies and their assets in regards to the assignment.

Without further delay, he spoke once more, laying the groundwork for the operation and dividing them into squads based off of their specialties. He even spoke his name, revealing himself to be a Shinobi of the famed Senju clan, proficient users of a rare advanced element created by the fusion of two more basic elements. Though it would fall upon how he administrated his ability to prove whether or not his tough talk from earlier was nothing more then hot air. Though the name may prove to deter more then help in this case, Uchiha and Senju working together on the same mission? That was like a lighter hung low over a pit of flammable oil. Even a spark could ignite the tension these two clans had with one another, causing the team dynamic to suffer for it. Although for the moment, it seemed neither was trying to make much of an issue on the matter, so he let the facts stay buried. His thoughts began to shift now, he had been paired up with both Vandheer and Izanagi, meaning his squad consisted of a higher ranking official with extensive knowledge in weaponry, ninjutsu, and a kekki genkai which involved explosive clay. The memories came flushing back as he recalled the deformed figure Vandheer had conjured in their last spar (" So, that's what it was huh?").

His second squad mate also specialized in ninjutsu, and in the more complex field of genjutsu, making him stand out from the rest of the Shinobi in this rag tag team of miscreants. genjustu, the ability to alter ones perception of reality was a lethal tool indeed, Azo had little personal experience with the matter himself, but based off of its most basic tenets, one didn't have to be as smart as he was to see its effectiveness. With the previous knowledge in mind, he began to conjure up strategies just as the group began pouring out from the small confines of the cabin they were just restricted to. He knew Vandheer was a user of the earth style sect. Of ninjutsu, though what elements was Izanagi endowed with? He needed to know in order to make the most of their abilities, though he kept his mouth shut for the time being and only continued to formulate different scenarios with the information already given to him.

Once outside, Azoth took in the fresh air with a healthy grin right before his gaze fell down on the water before him, which radiated with a soft glow marking their destination. The swim would be a bother, but nothing Azo couldn't do if he set his mind to it, what worried him more were the vague creatures prowling about beneath them. Upon further inspection he was able to make out exactly what they were, sharks, one of the most deadly beasts to dwell the ocean. Azo quickly scrambled over various sections of his brain in search of any information on the creatures beneath him. They were attracted to the smell of blood, and some people would even go as far as saying that these predators of the sea were attracted to the shine emitted from jewelry, ornate apparel, and most notably, the shine emitted from the weapons each Shinobi proudly brandished. Although, that detail seemed minuscule since they relied on smell more then their vision when it came to hunting, a fact that meant they couldn't just use a textbook transformation jutsu to get by. No, it'd take a tad more ingenuity then that to get them safely where they needed to go, but before Azoth had time to think of further options, Kanji Senju was already on the move. He spawned five different water sharks after a string of hand signs, and without hesitation jumped in behind them dragging Kaze down with him whether he liked it or not. With Squad Senju ( As Kanji had named his two man team) on the move, it fell upon the three remaining Shinobi to figure out a way to get to the bottom on their own. "Do you have some fancy trick like that sir Vandheer or are we going to take a nice swim?". The question rung out to break the silence between them, it would be awfully convenient if Vandheer did have some sort of jutsu to transport and safeguard them, but Azo didn't bank on it, preparing for the worst incase things escalated that much. " I was thinking that one of us should use a transformation jutsu, morph into some sea creature that move effortlessly through the water while the other two keep the sharks off of his back. Thoughts Vandheer sir?". He was prepared both mentally, and now physically, body poised to make the dive in, and even execute his plan if given the order.
Back to top Go down
Cookie Monster
Swaglord
Cookie Monster

PostSubject: Re: Gifts of the Gods: The Water Temple Gifts of the Gods: The Water Temple EmptySat 10 Nov 2012, 9:07 pm

Just an update, Ashin will be receiving an extra couple of days to post after talking to him, hopefully we'll have a post up from him soon. I also forgot to mention that after each person has posted, I'll also be posting in place for the sharks. So after Ashin has posted, I'll post after him as the sharks and then Jerry can continue the posting order. If or when I'm no longer needed, I'll post an update saying so. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Cookie Monster
Swaglord
Cookie Monster

PostSubject: Re: Gifts of the Gods: The Water Temple Gifts of the Gods: The Water Temple EmptySat 17 Nov 2012, 12:39 am

[OOC: Unfortunately Ashin has been unable to post within the extended time period he was given and thus will face a post skip.]

Kiseki & TOPKite

Lurking beneath the oceans vast surface, a swarm of rare and unique creatures loitered the village that once stood proudly along the shores of Mizu no Kuni. These beasts of the ocean had now made the sunken village their home, quite odd for a fish of their species, as they are not ones usually known to refer to a place as home. But these sharks were different, they were far beyond common and instead a much deadlier, much more dangerous species of shark. Indeed, these monsters were a foe not to be toyed with and they had made an example of their power by killing of the foolish fishermen who wished to capture them. Now their bodies joined the rest of the corpses that were unable to escape the sudden flood that swept over the village and now a new threat appeared for the sharks.

A threat would be used quite highly however, brainless would be a more fitting for those who dared challenge to breach their humble abode. The disturbance within the water had already been noticed, the humans wooden vessels had been incredibly easy for the savage fish to spot and a cluster of sharks had already begun to encircle the top of the former village. These group were a mixture of male and female, old and young, strong and weak sharks, they were a considerably large family that would do all to protect their home from the invaders. Their sizes was all that a person would be able to distinguish the sharks apart, though the beasts may bare battle scars and scratches, they were almost impossible to see due to their dark coloured skin.

Currently seven alluring glows of blue could be distinguishable at the top of the village, each shark had its part to play and very soon the stage would be open for the first scene to take place. Creatures made of water now penetrated their most outer of boundaries, these puppets of man were an insult to the sharks, though they were different within shape, size and form, they were still of the same species. But that was not insulted them, what did was the fact that they sent such weak vessels towards them as an attack, just one of these great beasts would be able to take on all five of their fake beings, it seems this battle would be over sooner than the beasts had expected.

One departed from the group within an instant, swimming at speeds that man could only wish to achieve. Before long this unknown creature had already met up with the watery enemy and now the assault began, yet before the blue glowing monster could deliver the first bite, it seems two humans had now entered the waters. Now it was a battle worth fighting for. Two more sharks now left the original group, leaving only four continuing to circle around the top. The two, like the first, swam at rapid speeds towards the two humans, hoping to evade the watery creatures before them so that they may get a bite each at the humans.

Ivan, Proof72 & Ashin

As the three of you are still on the boat, I wont be able to offer a post for you to interact with. So instead I'll be waiting till the next round of posts take place before I can offer a proper post for you all like I have with Kiseki and TOPKite. If you're looking for things to talk about within your posts, think about how Ashin remains silent throughout the whole sequence of events, is he really a person you want to lead the team? Perhaps your character may wish to take action into their own hands or perhaps the two Genin may wish to work with each other. It's all up to you three to decide how you play these next posts out. Have fun!
Back to top Go down
Kiseki
Konoha Nin
Kiseki

PostSubject: Re: Gifts of the Gods: The Water Temple Gifts of the Gods: The Water Temple EmptyMon 19 Nov 2012, 4:43 am

Kanji's sharks followed close behind the duo as they shot through the water. The sharks seemed not to notice the large jounin until he began to make noticeable dent between the temple and him. The water seemed to shift differently and it became heavier while the sharks watched them carefully. Kanji glanced behind him as he saw one shark shoot after him. His five sharks immediately dispersed allowing it to pass with no qualms. As it came closer to Kanji he switched hands in which he held Kaze in and put him in his left hand. Kanji twisted his upper body to the right as he turned into the blow. He shot his elbow outwards aiming for the sharks nose planning to kill it within one hit. Kanji didn't lose speed from trying to hit the shark even if he did miss. However his sharks immediately came back to finish off whatever remained of it and to handle the remaining ones. Two more shot after him only to be met with his sharks. If they try to barrel through the water sharks would tear them to shreds with no problem after they reveal their sides to them. If they stopped to try and fight off the water sharks Kanji would keep swimming to ensure Kaze's safety. Kanji glanced down at the young genin, Kanji leaned close to his ear trying to ensure the words reached the him.

"Throw your explosive kunai whenever you can after I throw you. You'll make it in the temple fine. Just use them as a distraction. The sharks will be too busy worrying about me." Kanji had no idea the vibrations from the explosions would distract the sharks. He just figured the surge of water would hit the shark and catch its attention temporarily. Amazing how their leader had no idea how shark behavior worked at all. Kanji pulled his left arm back as he threw the young genin at a downward angle towards the temple. At his speed he would make it in no time. The water resistance would slow him down before he suffered any serious damage from hitting the dry concrete. Kanji then turned his attention back to his sharks. They should be doing fine on their own but he didn't want to leave them weakened in their state. The senju kicked off the water and swam backwards while preforming a string of handseals. He extended his right arm as five more sharks shot from out of his finger tips to go help his remaining ones. Kanji smiled as he turned back around facing the water temple. He looked for Kaze but he couldn't see him. Kanji gritted his teeth hoping the blond haired genin made it so Kanji wouldn't have to carry another life on his shoulders. His mind began to wander back towards Sanjiro and Kanji gritted his teeth trying to block out such painful memories. He couldn't remember him. If he did he would lose control. He wasn't going to let Kaze die. If Kaze died Kanji wouldn't be able to handle it. He lost too many people. All he had left was Kirima, Sasaki and Shinobu.

If he loses Kaze after he threw him Kanji wouldn't know what he would do. He practically put the kid on a death sentence by doing such a stupid act. He growled at the though of causing someone to die because of his foolishness. The water seemed to get pushed apart faster and faster as Kanji began to swim towards the temple hoping to find Kaze there. "KAZE! ARE YOU OKAY?! KAZE!" Kanji yelled out in gargles. He was wasting his precious oxygen but right now that little genin was more important to him. " He has to be there... He has to be... He has to be...! He has to be... He has to be...! He has to be!" Kanji repeated over and over in his head. He wasn't going to accept no for an answer at this rate. It was almost as bad as when he found Sanjiro's corpse. Kanji refused to think he got the genin killed. Yet his mind kept wandering back to that option. He gritted his teeth so hard he feared he was going to break them in one go.

Jutsu:
170/200

SC:

Last edited by Kiseki on Tue 20 Nov 2012, 11:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kite
Kumo Nin
Kite

PostSubject: Re: Gifts of the Gods: The Water Temple Gifts of the Gods: The Water Temple EmptyTue 20 Nov 2012, 10:58 pm

Kaze felt the pressure around his body increasing as the two continued to barrel toward the sea's bottom, toward the strange glowing dome that seemed to surround an alien looking structure that Kaze could only guess was some sort of temple. There was little doubt in the genin's mind that this strange locale was their destination. The boy didn't spend long admiring the view, however as he managed to catch a glimpse of the strange glowing bodies cutting through the murky depths. The boy did his best to try and make out what these glowing bodies could possibly be, although he already had a strong assumption to their true nature. As if confirming his guess about the glowing creature's violent nature, he felt Kanji shift the boy from one hand to the other just before throwing a massive blow in the predator's direction that left the boy awestruck. The jounin was powerful. Was this the strength with which all jounin fought or was Kanji special in some way? The child wanted to see the results of the attack but it seemed before he could even manage to fully focus his vision on the result of Kanji's attack, the two were already speeding away. Soon the jounin's face was close to his own, issuing orders that barely managed to cut through the water and reach the boy's ears. The boy's eyes widened with both fear and surprise as the jounin finished telling the young genin his plan. This seemed like an insane tactic and as the child opened his mouth to protest he felt Kanji already readying himself to launch poor Kaze forward much like a submarine would fire a torpedo.

"Kanji-sensei wait!"

The boy cried before suddenly finding himself sailing through the water, the momentum being so great that for the initial second or two the child found himself struggling to move his arms behind his back to retrieve the kunai he had prepared ahead of time on the boat. Gritting his teeth the boy managed to slip both hands into the pouch located on his lower back, grabbing the explosive kunai only to suddenly force his arms outward in an effort to begin slowing his momentum as he approached the strange bubble. The child didn't know what would happen once he connected with the strange structure, but if it were solid in any way, the last thing he wanted to do was slam into the damn thing head first. With both arms held slightly outward, he felt the water's offered resistance pressing against his chest and shoulders, his momentum slowly bleeding out as his eyes began to search for any approaching foes. As the boy looked around, he continued to speed toward the bubble, getting dangerously close to breaching the barrier. The child continued to survey his surroundings as he made his approach, being sure not to neglect checking his backside by looking over his shoulder. To any onlookers it would have seemed as though the child were paranoid, checking each and every direction he could. The child did this with the hopes of catching a glimpse of any approaching predators. While the boy did believe Kanji's words to be true, that the sharks would be distracted by him and his water sharks; he couldn't help but be worried that one might try to take advantage of Kaze's smaller size, despite how fast he was moving.

At this point there was little distance between him and the bubble and as Kaze continued to look around he was prepared to throw his explosive kunai, of which there were four. If Kaze did happen to notice an approaching enemy the boy wouldn't hesitate to launch his attack, throwing the kunai only to quickly detonate the tag on the hilt once the weapon got within close proximity to the shark. It would be as Kanji said, while it most likely wouldn't kill the fish, the explosions should serve to disorient any approaching beasts while also confusing the stragglers that hung further back due to the massive series of vibrations that would radiate throughout the water due to the medium's enhanced ability to transmit vibrations.

In this manor the young genin would continue his downward path toward the bubble and unless stopped due to a shark somehow managing to escape his notice, he'd most likely reach the goal, hitting the bubble and sliding through the strange barrier only to fall to the ground with a light thud as he would most likely be unable to fully stick the landing due to the sudden change in pressure surrounding his body (serving to disorient him slightly). If let in the boy would quickly realize that this small area seemed to contain a good amount of oxygen due to the drier atmosphere and thus would begin to breath (unless of course he had reason to suspect there was no oxygen such as the area within the barrier being wet as though he were still under water).

!BUBBLE BREACHED!
Back to top Go down
Emperor of Rock
Konoha Nin
Emperor of Rock

PostSubject: Re: Gifts of the Gods: The Water Temple Gifts of the Gods: The Water Temple EmptyThu 22 Nov 2012, 6:18 pm

I AM VENGEANCE

Izanagi was awaiting for the jounin to answer his question, but he never did. Does he have no idea how to reach the temple without swimming normally like a special jutsu? It seems not because the jounin stood silent. It felt weird to Izanagi for man of his stature to just stay quiet and do nothing. Maybe he never intended to do this mission, but why would he come to this boat? Question after question but no answer. However, answer or no answer, they had to reach the temple with any means necessary. And the only way there is for them to reach the temple is to dive and swim directly at it and trying to survive the onslaught of these sharks.

Luckily he had Azoth at his side, a Nara which could stop the sharks with his secret shadow technique. At least he hopes he can do it since he needs to see the sharks shadow to paralyse them. But Izanagi quickly realized that it's not for Azoth possible to capture the sharks shadows because there is no shadow to begin with since there is no sun at all. But he might be wrong as he doesn't know to what extent can Azoth control the shadows. And so the only way to fend against these sharks is Azoth's tomahawk and Izanagi's genjutsu. It would be even easier if Vandheer would join them but it was obvious he had no intention to do so. And so, Azoth and Izanagi are left to their own skills until they reach the other group.

Izanagi looked into the water. He saw both Kanji and Kaze swimming down and the water shark that Kanji created still thinking how he could've lent them one each to reach the temple faster. But what is done is done, no point in crying over a spilt milk. As he watched he saw that the real sharks made a move and went to attack the duo. Kanji might be strong, but the amount of these weird sharks that were circling the temple would prove to be too much, even for him. For now he was doing good considering he was holding Kaze with one of his hand but soon enough he will have to let him go and use both of his hands. And so he did, but not how Izanagi imagined. Instead of just releasing Kaze, he launched him towards the temple. This was a too risky idea to do as there were a lot of sharks still guarding the temple and a sole genin simply cannot defeat them all by himself. Izanagi had to act quickly to reach them.

He turned to Azoth and said "We must follow them immediately! And whatever you do, do not look directly at my clone unless I say so. Understood?" Izanagi knew that even though his special genjutsu was powerful, he still couldn't control it very well, and because of it, anybody who looks at it gets under the genjutsu. He removed his cloak as it would only hinder him in the water and threw it on the floor knowing very well that he might not see it when he returns since the wind might blow it off. But there were much more important things than his cloak right now.

He took a big breath and dived right into the water immediately and started swimming towards the jounin first. He could clearly see where the sharks were at the moment and if any would start to swim towards Izanagi, he will immediately use his genjutsu, not allowing the shark to come close to him. The deeper he went, the more he could feel the pressure of the water slightly hurting his ears. But he had to endure it for the sake of the mission. Luckily the temple wasn't too far, twenty meters bellow water to be exact. And so in just few seconds Izanagi was already half way there but still fully prepared for a shark attack.

I AM THE NIGHT
Back to top Go down
proof72
proof72

PostSubject: Re: Gifts of the Gods: The Water Temple Gifts of the Gods: The Water Temple EmptySat 24 Nov 2012, 7:55 am

The Nara child had already ran a plethora of scenarios through the confines of his mind, all the while waiting for a response from his squad leader which never arrived. Instead, the giant behemoth of a Shinobi just stood there in total silence, was the pressure of their assignment too much for him to grasp? They hadn't even begun their descent, and already they were left without a paddle up shits creek. To even make Chuunin, one had to demonstrate their ability to lead and think rationally under pressure, let alone to achieve the rank of Jounin. Now it was up to Izanagi and himself to take charge, what had started off as a united effort now unraveled into the works of various individuals with a shared goal. His response needed to be swift and effective, Team Senju had already taken the lead and would need back up in case any more anomalies arose. Azoth glanced over the side of the boat, and saw the scene unfolding beneath him, to the contrary of his belief it seemed as if his allies were in perfect control of the situation. The reality brought peace to his mind, now he could focus on himself and Izanagi who needed a more immediate solution to their predicament. Even with his gifts of archery, Azo couldn't protect his comrades from the safe refuge of the boat forever, nor would he want to. If his allies were willing to lay down their lives for the accomplishment of this mission, it was his responsibility to do the same, or better. But cowering from a distance and picking off scraps was hardly what he considered a better alternative.

So with a quick glance to his surroundings, Azo finalized all preparations in his head, silencing all doubts in his heart, and steadying all the nerves in his hands for what laid ahead. Just as he was about to begin he heard Izanagi's voice call out to him "We must follow them immediately! And whatever you do, do not look directly at my clone unless I say so. Understood? the boy was direct, sparing no time for pleasantries or manners ( something Azo himself couldn't care less about either). Yeah, il go on ahead and check on Kaze. Look out for Kanji, he's a Jounin but all the shark's seem to be focusing on him, il see you on the other side!. These were the last words the Genin shared before parting ways, Izanagi quickly discarding his long robe and casting it aside before diving in head first. Now it was Azoth's turn, he knew if he wanted to catch up with the others he'd need some sort of gimmick, natural speed alone just wasn't going to cut it this time.

Without any further delay, the young Nara folded his legs and lowered himself as close to the wooden planks of ground as he possibly could. Like a cobra poised to strike, he focused all of his energy into the muscles in his legs for two or three seconds before taking off several meters into the sky, directly above the strange glowing lights which marked his destination. As he flew upwards, Azo began to run through a series of hand seals, waiting until his trajectory arced back down to earth before reaching completion. Once he began his return trip, he spoke " Reppushou" and a gust of powerful wind soared out in front of him, and towards the turbulent waters beneath. The wind would slam harshly against the ocean, creating a small vortex of oxygen from the impact that would only last mere seconds, which was just enough time for Azoth to slide inside. It extended maybe seven meters, and once Azo reached the bottom water from all around quickly shut off his entry way. This left the young Nara quite a ways in without having to swim or put himself in much danger at all (Just about half way to be precise), and the built up momentum from the fall allowed him to enter the water at a higher speed which he more or less maintained to the best of his abilities. Once engulfed in the ocean, the mousy Genin would swim with all his might toward the bubble, though he would not make the trip unarmed.

Immediately after regaining his bearings and beginning to paddle, Azo reached back with his right hand into a pouch which housed several of his Shinobi tools. What he pulled out was a handful of tiny nails, which he kept clutched between his knuckles as he looked around for any danger while he made his way closer and closer to the bubble. If any of the sharks were to make an attempt on his life, Azoth would disperse the nails out in front of him and with his spare hand form a hand seal. The seal would then allow his Chakra to take control of the nails, and send them spiraling forward toward the eyes and noses of the sharks ( without their sight, they would have more trouble locating their pray, not to mention if a punch to the nose scared them, then a puncture wound could most certainly get the job done, right?). If none were to mess with him, then Azoth would simply continue his swim until he reached the bubble, piercing it upon arrival in hopes of regaining the oxygen his lungs desperately craved.

Jutsu:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Cookie Monster
Swaglord
Cookie Monster

PostSubject: Re: Gifts of the Gods: The Water Temple Gifts of the Gods: The Water Temple EmptyTue 27 Nov 2012, 9:53 pm

Kiseki

The leading shark grew confused by the watery fakes. They appeared to have fled the scene or at least head into different directions, his mind couldn't seem to understand what was happening. All the shark cared about now was making a snack out of the fresh meat that entered his domain. Mere metres split the three living creatures apart, two humans, one shark. It was obvious who was going to win this battle and of course it was the human! Wait. The human? As the shark opened its massive jaw to prepare to take a chomp out of the taller and more masculine human, it seemed his cockiness got to him. For without realising, the Jounin had managed to land his elbow directly into the sharks nose. The bastard. Instantly the shark was met with pain, something he hadn't felt in quite some time. More confusion grew as he couldn't believe he had even been hit, this confusion was obviously of no help to the shark.

Out of the blue, the sharks that had just fled the scene had now returned and begun a violent and merciless attack on the disoriented shark. Each one of the five managing to take a bite out of him, blood beginning to spew from his body. The shark was unable to do anything, he was beaten. What made it obvious was that his shining blue light had now faded away into nothing, he was dead. The two sharks that trailed behind had slowed in pace, they were taken aback by what had just happened. Their own brother had been killed so horrifically and even they themselves couldn't believe it. These fakes, these jokes of sharks had managed to kill a real shark. How was that even possible?!

Now, they were pissed. Their targets had been the watery sharks and they still were. Now they too would show no mercy. They would fight and demolish any of those fakes that attempted to launch an attack on them. They were the alpha sharks, they were the strongest of strong! Or so they thought. The same fate was met with the two that followed behind. Again, the watery sharks proved to be an elite group that overwhelmed the unique sharks in power, numbers and tactics. Not even their electrical defense was enough to force their opponents away, for once in their lives, they proved to be weak. Another two flashes of blue had now left the scene, with their bodies beginning to sink to the ocean floor where the body of their brother now lay.

All the while, the group of four sharks had been watching in horror as their comrades were killed. One of the four had even swam away in fear of death. This was not something the sharks had ever encountered before. These breed of sharks were always used to winning, used to conquering their enemies, used to dominating the waters and yet now they were becoming the ones being conquered. In anger and also in stupidity, the three remaining sharks began storming towards the enemy so that they might be able to at least take down the Jounin. He was the one who had caused all of this after all and he will be the one who they bring down.

TOPKite

After being tossed so powerfully by the active Jounin, the boy was able to pierce the bubble that protected the temple and at last be able to breathe once more. No shark saw it fit to chase after the child, he was of no competition, no threat and of little value. A child shark wouldn't even have been able to make a meal out of him. Instead they simply left Kaze and instead focused on some real competition, like the one who threw him. Once the Genin has regained his position, he would be able to take in the full site of the outer temple. It seemed to be made up of three towers linked together, with the entire temple itself being made of glimmering white marble. Numerous archways were scattered across the towers, each one holding statues inside, statues of odd creatures. These creatures were Serpents. Their poses were all different in design, one slithered up the temple wall, one had a man within a coiled grip, one was even swallowing a man whole. Quite odd for a Temple praising a God, but if the boy paid close attention, he would be able to see that a statue Suijin himself stood upon the middle and highest tower.

What was also noticeable was the fact that black writing was scattered across the entire temple as well as the bubble that surrounded it. If the child had any skill in Fuuinjutsu, perhaps he would be able to tell that this writing was what protected the temple. Once a threat was known, the seal would activate and a bubble would assemble within seconds. Anyone who knew about seals would also know that if the seal is damage in any way, then the entire seal would break apart and the barrier would collapse, allowing the surrounding water to have its way with the temple. The temple doors would be the destination for the child who breached the bubble, for these doors were the only way anyone could enter the temple without damaging the seal.

When the Genin chose to head towards the doors, they would find large marble doors. Within the centre of these doors, a serpents head was present. A white marble head of course, for it too was a statue. The serpents mouth was wide open, revealing its many fangs and long, slithery tongue. Its eyes would stare directly into anyone who looked at it. This head alone seemed to give a sort of ominous effect to the entire temple, but it was a place of worship, a place of holiness, surely there would be no danger attached to this temple. Within the mouth of the serpent, a lever could be found. Pulling it would grant the child safe access to the inside of the temple, all he had to do was simply look for the lever and he would be able to find the artefact they came looking for.

Ivan

The sharks didn't even seem to realise that this young child had entered their waters. Was it perhaps because of his subtle entrance or was it because of their sudden burst of anger towards the living Jounin who had caused them much pain? Perhaps it was neither or perhaps it was both. All that mattered now was that a third person had now breached their home and they were quickly able to discover this as the boy began to swim deeper. One of the three remaining sharks was able to pick up on the boys presence, he was now faced with the difficult decision of splitting apart from the group and taking this child on alone or remaining with the group and to then pick the Genin off after they had dealt with the Jounin and his pets. Decisions, decisions.

Unfortunately, there was no right decision to make right now and the single shark now departed from the group, heading directly for the Uchiha. This left the other two sharks even weaker against the ten sharks that were heading towards them, although there was no right choice to make, there was certainly a stupid choice to make, to which this shark had just made. Gaining the same cockiness that his fallen brother had felt, this single shark began charging towards the Genin, having a small distance of only five metres between the two.

Proof72

The Nara's entrance proved to be quite a revealing one. Though he had the intention of preserving oxygen in mind, the use of a technique was simply a giant alert for the sharks to realise that another had now entered its waters. Things were beginning to get a bit out of control for the sharks. Something had to be done about this intruder, but now was not the time. They were already losing fellow brothers and sisters on the battlefield, splitting their troops apart even more then they already had would simply make them more vulnerable and more open for attacks. Instead, they would simply have to ignore the trespasser, at least for now. This Genin would be granted safe entry to the temple, though he may need to be cautious where he swim, for a sinking ship was already heading towards the boy.

Ashin

The ever present storm begun erupting roars of thunder now, as it seemed to grow more and more powerful by the second. Water and wind seemed to unite as one during their campaign against the innocent Water Country. Waves appeared as though they could swallow a mountain whole, let alone a measly village. One might find it fascinating that the small, insignificant wooden boat still sturdily sat within the open waters as these volatile waves crashed across the shore lines of Mizu no Kuni. Or at least it did. Suddenly, a single wave came charging towards the boat, as though it had the intention of crashing into the puny craft. In panic, the Captain attempted to manoeuvre the boat away from the wave, but it was simply too huge of a wave to avoid. All the Captain could do is pray for hope.

Within seconds the wave came crashing down against the vessel, proving too much for the wooden craft to hold and simply smashing through the boat as though it were made from paper. Screams of panic and pain howled through the ship as all on board would surely be goners. With the ship being thrown about like a defenceless child, all on board would be met with casualties. The Captain was sent rammed against a nearby wall, rendering him unconscious and most likely drown unless his prayers were answered. His crew were in total mayhem, some had been swept off board and sent straight into the ocean, a place that would soon become their graveyards. Those who survive attempted to rescue one another while also trying to empty the ship of the water, but it was simply a losing battle. The ships damage would be impossible to fix by normal hands and one who was off board would already be able to see it resting on a tilt, as the ship was already beginning to sink.

So what of the silent Jounin? It seemed even ninja were unable to go toe to toe against the elements, as one would find a bloodied piece of wood striking straight through his head. An unpleasant death to say the least. Upon the impact of the wave, the boats side was too weak to withhold the wave and was simply torn to smithereens. Unfortunately for the Jounin, he was on the opposite side of this wall. Fragments of wood were being thrown across the room, with the Haretsu following as he too was struck by the wave. A blundered mess of involuntary actions were made and within mere moments the Jounin found himself with a piece of wood between his head. Such a pity for one with so much power to leave the world so quickly. Any who still dwelled within the waters would now face the danger of a boat crashing into them, even the sharks faced this threat.
Back to top Go down
Kiseki
Konoha Nin
Kiseki

PostSubject: Re: Gifts of the Gods: The Water Temple Gifts of the Gods: The Water Temple EmptyThu 29 Nov 2012, 4:37 am

The water shifted. Kanji let his rationality take over just before entering the bubble. He spun around and saw the incoming tragedy. The boat was sinking rapidly and was threatening to hit the nara and a shark was preparing to snack on the uchiha. Kanji looked around only to notice the other two sharks rushing towards him. Kanji's mind quickly kicked into over drive as he located his water sharks. He sent three towards the uchiha to aid him in escaping. Kanji saw the two sharks started closing in faster and faster. The burning pain in his chest flared up as he pulled back his right arm. He placed his left side forward as his glare pierced the water itself. The water shifted aside as Kanji flexed his muscles in his right arm. He shot his right arm forward as it connected towards the first shark. It stumbled back as the cartilage in its face was seamlessly shattered in one punched. Its head nearly caved in from the strength of the blow but its brother was still foolish enough to charge at Kanji. It twisted itself sideways and drilled into the senju as bubbles seemed to cover the entire scene from peering eyes. Kanji's red eyes seemed to glow in anger as eye contact was made with the shark. The two were pushed back towards the bubble of the temple as the shark managed to bite Kanji's torso. Or so it thought. The senju's armor allowed him to escape from all damage except for the force of being rammed into. Soon the water sharks descended upon its weakened brother ripping it apart. Kanji planted his feet at the bottom of the ocean as the force came to a sudden halt. The large man directed the water sharks towards the nara and the uchiha. Each shark would either try to give them a ride towards the bubble or tackle bits and pieces of the large ship. The most they could possibly do was slow it down and allow the two genin to escape. Kanji grabbed each side of the shark as he felt the electric shock go through out his body. But the large man proved then and there why he got to jounin. He roared in anger as he ripped himself from the shark's massive jaws and slammed its head into the ground. Kanji merely wasted more oxygen as he picked up his right foot and smashed it down on its skull effectively shattering it. The brutality shown would be enough to make others keep their distance. The senju turned back towards the bubble as he took a step inside feeling his soaking wet clothing weigh him down. His anger was seething from out of his body. Each step was obvious to what his current emotion was. "Kaze!"

Kanji yelled out as he walked deeper into the temple's main area. His mind was off the genin as he could only focus on where Kaze was. Kanji grew impatient with his clothing as he hated this feeling it gave him. He didn't like it clinging to his body so he decided to take care of it personally. He unbuckled his fire retardant cloak and took off his upper body clothing. He draped each one over his right shoulder as he walked forward with only his chest plate on his upper torso. Kanji's ninjato and two demon windmill blades were now out in the open strapped to his lower back. The two windmill blades were strapped on top of the ninjato. The dark skinned man walked towards the temple doors and noticed the snake head's statue. Kanji looked at it carefully noticing its piercing eyes. He was tempted to literally knock its block off only to ignore the feeling and see the lever inside it. It was already pulled. The doors were wide open as well. Kanji took a step in front of the entrance as he braced himself for any sudden impact. "Kaze! Come out!" Kanji yelled out towards the empty hall. He waited for a response only to get distracted with noise behind him. He looked to see the boat coming closer and closer towards the bottom of the ocean and some debris fell inside. "Kaze! The boat sunk and I think the other guy... the haretsu! I think he died on board since I didn't see him in the water. Anyways everyone is almost here. Come on out. We can just wait for them. I mean unless you want to go forward. I'd rather us stay though since we can't really leave behind team mates." Kanji called out to the missing genin. Kanji noticed some movement as he tensed up his body. His left leg slipped behind his body as he turned and had his right side facing the entry way. He raised up his right hand and grabbed a hold of his clothes on his right shoulder. His left arm stayed limp but ready to launch a surprise attack if necessary. He wasn't prepared to die just at the entry way when he was looking for Kaze.
Back to top Go down
Cookie Monster
Swaglord
Cookie Monster

PostSubject: Re: Gifts of the Gods: The Water Temple Gifts of the Gods: The Water Temple EmptyFri 30 Nov 2012, 1:46 pm

[OOC: Due to exams, TOPKite will be receiving an extension on his post deadline.]
Back to top Go down
Kite
Kumo Nin
Kite

PostSubject: Re: Gifts of the Gods: The Water Temple Gifts of the Gods: The Water Temple EmptyWed 05 Dec 2012, 10:27 am

Standing there, alone within the confines of the glowing bubble, the young genin couldn't help but marvel at the strange and alien architecture. Had humans really built this structure? The ivory white marble seemed to shimmer in the dim light provided by the surrounding barrier. The small boy moved forward, no longer thinking about his comrades who fought for their lives outside the boundaries of this small self contained ecosystem. The boy's eyes traveled from tower to tower, from carving to carving, admiring the craftsmanship that left him utterly speechless. It was both marvelous and frightening at the same time, as the serpentine statues seemed to stir the primal emotions of fear and rage within his heart. What was this place and why did it seem to effect him so? Throughout Kaze's life the boy had only felt this way once before, and that was when he had been face to face with his own death. So then, why did he now feel this way? Was there some unknown threat that he wasn't able to perceive? The thought caused the hair on the back of his neck to stand on end as he began to make his way toward the two large doors. They were massive in comparison to the small genin, much too big for him to simply push open. If only Kanji had come with him...

"Kanji-sensei!"

The boy's mind snapped back to the mission, back to his teammates. He spun around, trying his best to see if he could see his allies. Unfortunately the water outside of the bubble was much darker than the interior of the bubble. making it nearly impossible for one to gaze outward to the murky depths. The boy felt his stomach beginning to spin and turn as a feeling of worry and foreboding took hold of his body. He hoped everything was alright, but somewhere in the back of his mind he knew that things weren't. Though the boy had no way of knowing that the ship above them had been destroyed and as a result, a jounin had died in service to their village, he still felt as though his world was starting to crumble around him. Was this all worth it? What in this temple was so important that the Raikage would sacrafice so many for the chance to obtain it? Would it really help the village that much? The boy had no way of knowing what treasure lay inside, or what was so important about the temple itself. Hell, now that Kaze thought about it, he wasn't even sure what the mission was! As a genin, the boy hadn't been told anything beyond the obvious. He was going to be sent to a foreign land and he was to assist the two jounin the best he could. As a medic, he was also responsible for the injuries of his comrades, acting as the mission's healer and medical consultant. The boy felt the spike of tension running up his back. Up until now he had been kept in the dark. He began to wonder about the other two genin that had come along. Did they know about the mission? Most likely they were in the dark, same as him. In this instance then, the only two who had knowledge of their true object would have been Kanji and Ashin. Unfortunately, and unbeknownst to Kaze, Ashin was now gone, his time in this world coming to an abrupt end. That would leave Kanji to be the only one with knowledge of the true objective.

"This place...I don't like it.."

The boy thought to himself as he turned back toward the door, his hazel-brown eyes stopping at the large and ornate serpent head glaring straight at him with a gaping wide mouth full of seemingly razor sharp teeth that could tear the boy limb from limb if they had been real. The statue was offsetting, causing the boy to recoil slightly in fear. As the boy stared back at the ornate head, he noticed something within the confines of the head's mouth. Upon closer inspection the boy noticed that the strange object seemed to be a lever of some sort. Perhaps this was the key to opening the doors of the temple? Kaze's hand slowly drifted forward, inching slowly into the statue's mouth, the whole time his eyes remaining trained on the statue's face, as if he were expecting it to come to life and bite his arm off. Luckily for the boy, this didn't seem to be the case as his hand came into contact with the lever. A soft sigh of relief escaped the child's lips as he wrapped his fingers around the shaft of the lever, giving it a firm pull. At first the lever didn't budge, offering little give against the boy's strength. The child grunted slightly as he began to put more of his weight into his pull. Suddenly the device activated, the lever suddenly shifting as though something had broken within device. Upon realizing that he had managed to move the lever the boy released his grip and quickly stepped back as the doors in front of him began to swing inward, parting to allow passage into the confines of the temple. As the doors opened, Kaze already began to detect the scent of the stagnant air that had been imprisoned for far too long within the temple. In fact, as Kaze took a moment to breath in strong scent, he thought he could detect the faintest scents of blood in the air. Was it just his imagination or was he truly smelling the iron-like scent that blood often carried. The boy felt a small shiver run up his spine but something within him urged him to step forward, despite his fear. Was it courage or something else? At this moment, the boy couldn't really say that he felt entirely at peace. There were too many strange feelings swirling around within him. The fear that things were going wrong, the fear that this place brought, the anger of being kept in the dark, the anxiety that stepping into the darkened hallway brought. But, like any true shinobi looking to prove himself, the boy ventured forward, assuming his comrades would eventually catch up to him. Though he would tread carefully till backup arrived. As the boy thought this he disappeared into the darkness of the temple's entrance...

[OOC: I do apologize for holding this topic up. As Darius said, I have exams and as such my attention has been on studying. I will try to be faster. My exams are about half way concluded so I ask that you all continue to bear with me. Thank you Darius for being understanding about my situation and thank you to all of you for being patient.]
Back to top Go down
Emperor of Rock
Konoha Nin
Emperor of Rock

PostSubject: Re: Gifts of the Gods: The Water Temple Gifts of the Gods: The Water Temple EmptyFri 07 Dec 2012, 10:36 am

I AM VENGEANCE

The storm outside was getting more dangerous every minute. The waves were getting bigger, the wind was blowing stronger, the rain begun to fall harder and the sound of the thunder was starting to get deafening. It was just a matter of time before the boat would fall under the merciless power of the nature. Luckily under the sea was calm, and Izanagi couldn't hear nor see what's happening outside. The only sound that would reach Izanagi's ears was the sound of the punches by Kanji. Luckily he had the water sharks to help him, because if he didn't, this wouldn't go as smoothly. Suddenly Izanagi heard and fealt a big explosion behind him. He looked behind and it was the Nara that used some kind of jutsu to create more oxygen for himself for few seconds. A waste of chakra and an alarm for sharks that yet again somebody has entered their waters. But what's done is done, no point in thinking too much into it and just continue swimming.

As predicted, the sharks noticed them, or at least they noticed Izanagi as only one shark started to charge towards him. The shark was rather big and the idea of being chomped by him suddenly crossed through Izanagi's head. But Izanagi was not afraid as he had his eyes to protect him. He looked right into the eyes of the shark and activated Demonic Illusion, a genjutsu that will show the shark its most terrifying fears. Luckily, Kenji sent few sharks towards the shark and towards Izanagi and Azoth, so the genjutsu will be a nice distraction for a few seconds before the shark is met with his imminent demise by the hand of the water sharks. Just to be sure Izanagi looked back at Azoth to see how he's doing, but what he saw behind him completely shocked him. The boat in which they came was now sinking with still living men inside with no hope of being rescued and eventually dying by the worst death, drowning. Sadly the other jounin is nowhere to be seen so Izanagi realized that he too, died on that ship. But there was no time to be stuck in one place and watch this horror because the boat was going to fall right onto Azoth. He signalled him to look behind. After that he grabbed one of the sharks that Kanji sent and swam fast into the bubble.

[BUBBLE BREACHED]

Izanagi entered too fast into the bubble and came crashing right into the ground. Luckily before falling face down on the floor he regained his balance and managed to roll without receiving any damage. When he stopped he took few seconds to take few deep breaths and regain his normal speed of breathing. After he took few deep breaths Izanagi looked outside the bubble to see how's Azoth doing, but no matter how hard he tried to look and how hard he squinted his eyes, Izanagi couldn't see anything outside the bubble. Hopefully Azoth will reach the bubble safely. Izanagi than turned to see how the temple looks like. And it was a sight to behold. The temple was actually three towers, all connected, and the statues, the serpent-like creatures, weren't a a pleasant sight at all. They almost looked like they were alive but luckily they weren't because it would be very bad if those stone statues can move. He than looked at the gates that were already opened and saw Kanji by himself with Kaze nowhere to be seen. He probably ventured inside the temple by himself. A foolish thing to do. Somebody had to go to find him inside while the other one would wait for Azoth.

"Kanji sensei!" He called out the jounin to make his presence known to him because the jounin looked tense and Izanagi didn't want to risk to startle the jounin by getting close and than getting hit, or worse. When he called him he walked near him. "It seems that Kaze has entered the temple alone. Somebody will have to go look for him, and while that somebody searches for Kaze, the other will wait have for Azoth. So who will it be?" It would be best if Kanji went inside the temple because there might be something dangerous inside it and the jounin is best suited for this job. However the problem is how will Izanagi and Azoth reach them afterwards. Maybe the jounin should leave some signs on the walls to the direction where they went. "Another thing, whoever goes inside he should leave some kind of sign, an arrow, pointing in the direction he went so that the other group can find him easily." It was a good plan and now it was on the jounin to decide who will go inside.

I AM THE NIGHT
Back to top Go down
Cookie Monster
Swaglord
Cookie Monster

PostSubject: Re: Gifts of the Gods: The Water Temple Gifts of the Gods: The Water Temple EmptySun 09 Dec 2012, 2:33 pm

[OOC: Due to real life matters, Proof72 will be receiving an extension on his post deadline.]
Back to top Go down
proof72
proof72

PostSubject: Re: Gifts of the Gods: The Water Temple Gifts of the Gods: The Water Temple EmptyWed 12 Dec 2012, 10:05 am

Kick after kick, the Nara made his way ever closer to the sanctuary of the bubble, it was like a giant X on a map he had burned into his brain. He was most fortunate that his flashy entrance had given him a rather extensive head start, his body still in pristine condition for the task at hand. His gaze moved around as he descended to the depths, catching a glance at Kanji who was more then holding his own against the horde of blood thirsty sharks. It seems that his concerns were unfounded, which only freed his mind to focus on paddling his smart ass ever closer to where he needed to go. With one last glance, Azo managed to see that the Jounin sent forth some of his minions to most likely assist both him and the nearby Izanagi with their trek. As he turned, he faced the Uchiha who seemed to be conveying a message of the utmost urgency,desperately pointing behind Azo. The Nara turned in one quick and fluid motion, catching sight of the massive wreck heading his way which would almost knock the breath saved up in his lungs. Men both dead and alive could be seen inhabiting the sinking ship as it made its way downward at a frightening speed. His own hands moved to form signs just as Kanji's shark arrived " It seems that im in his debt, for the moment anyways" Was the only thought that surfaced. Azoth grabbed on to the sharks back, as they made a hasty escape from the wooden prison of death behind them. Though they would escape by only a couple of meters as the ship slammed down right behind them, causing a massive boon to sweep Azo and his ride aggressively into the bubbles domain, only a couple of minutes after the last of his comrades.

[BUBBLE BREACHED]

The excess of momentum caused Azo to slam onto the ground in hectic roll, moving seamlessly atop the ground due to the moisture accumulated in his clothing. The young Genin would only be stopped by the heels of his companions, the Senju Jounin along with the Uchiha as he made a loud thump when crashing into them. He looked upwards as he gasped for as much air as he could take with every breath " Nara, Azoth in the flesh...don't you guys go anywhere without me..im a part..of.....this team too!" . moments afterward, Azo was finally able to take in his surroundings, what laid inside the bubble was a marvelous temple made up of three massive towers. Though the architecture of the environment had one consistent theme, the usage of ornate snake designs carved into most if not all of the scenery. Being educated in a wide array of subjects, the Nara knew the usual symbolism and analogies contributed to the serpent. Betrayal, darkness, excess of sin were all attributes which came to mind as he kept looking around, ignoring his companions for the sake of knowledge. There was definitely something mysterious afoot, this was obviously no ordinary temple but how far into the dark did its secrets really hide?

His attention returned to the site at hand, as he realized a key detail he had over looked upon his entry. Kaze was no where to be found, and from the looks of of the opened door which laid ahead of them, there could only be one answer as to his whereabouts. " I think it goes without saying that we should head after Kaze immediately, who knows whats inside this place. I recommend having Izanagi take point, his eyes along with his Genjutsu can identify and paralyze any foe we may happen to find. If things get out of hand, Kanji-sensei you can man the center of our formation to provide support for either of us. My long range prowess makes me most suited for the rear, I can pick off enemies at a distance, and react for you through Kagemane no Jutsu. Thoughts sensei?". Azoth had always been good at assessing his comrades strengths and weaknesses. They would all have to work in unison, now more then ever, in order to safely and quickly traverse the unknown which laid before them. Azo armed himself with his bow in his right hand, and took a deep breath as he awaited any further response from his two companions, knowing that time was something they were short on.

(OOC: As TOPKite said before me, my bad for the wait fellas. Im sure we all know the agony of December, anyways, Il try my best to post faster as we progress *fingers crossed*)
Back to top Go down
Cookie Monster
Swaglord
Cookie Monster

PostSubject: Re: Gifts of the Gods: The Water Temple Gifts of the Gods: The Water Temple EmptySat 15 Dec 2012, 3:47 pm

Everyone
For the sake of what is about to transpire, the posting order will be changed so that it comes to; TOPKite, Kiseki, Ivan and Proof72. To which I will then post and the original posting order will resume once more with; Kiseki, TOPKite, Ivan and Proof72.

Hebinoō wrote:
Name: Hebinoō
Appearance:
    Hebinoō. Being considered as the King of all Serpents, Hebinoō must strike fear within his foes and as such he carries a daunting and hideous appearance. This wicked beast stretches to an incredible fifty feet in length, easily towering over any human or creature who stands within his path of chaos and destruction. His mesmerising green scaled body can withstand most attacks and even insures safety from aerial attacks, as he features a numerous amount of spikes along his tough spine. The body of the beast unsurprisingly features no battle scars, for he is a foe which is both strong and manoeuvrable during conflict, making him almost impossible to touch.

The foul beast's eyes merge with the shadows, as only his blood red pupils can be distinguished from Hebinoō's jet black eyes. These pair of eyes are usually more than enough to strike fear into his opponents, but if that doesn't, then his exceedingly large jaw with many, many fangs are able to wipe any hope of victory from his enemies. The size of this monsters jaw are even large enough to swallow a human whole, it's said that human children were once a regular snack for the great Serpent King.
Personality:
    From birth, Hebinoō received very little care and attention from both his Master and Creator, Suijin. After being thrown out and forgotten in the wild by the one who he once called father, the King of Serpents grew up in a life full of anger, misery and hate. The beast simply looked out for himself and cared little for anyone who was around him. Friends, allies, comrades, these words meant nothing to the monster, all he held dear to him was the idea of pain, destruction and chaos. He wishes for the world to be locked into an eternal war of suffering, for this is only what the monster loves seeing.

He values himself as one of the most important beings on the Earth. Even though he is not human, he is still what some would consider to be a Demi - God. Hebinoō knows of his strength and his unique powers, thus he uses this to fuel his ego and crush any man, woman or child who disrespects him or his power. The Serpent expects to be treated as a King, as an almighty being who humans should worship in order to remain living, any who don't quickly find themselves in the afterlife. Hebinoō is a cruel and vicious creature, one who should never be engaged, even if absolutely necessary.
Species: Serpent
Speciality:
    Ninjutsu
Elemental Affinity:
    Suiton
    Fuuton
Special Characteristics:
Physical:
Chakra:
Jutsu:
C:
B:
A:

TOPKite
A hiss escaped the fearsome lips of the almighty King of Serpents. With the unmistakable sound of the temple doors opening, Hebinoō now knew a new presence lurked the grand corridor of his immaculate temple. His temple. Not his Creators, no, this was his own temple, one that he earnt out of fear and might. His father would be proud of him, if it wasn't for the fact that he held the opposite principles in this world. Days had gone by since Hebinoō awoke within the temple walls, it was uncommon for him to lurk his own temple, though he absolutely adored observing the vast amount of statues that were erected in his name, he still wished to continue his campaign of chaos and destruction within this world. So how exactly had he awoken within his place of worship?

He knew exactly how. His father. His creator. His master. When Suijin found the location of his Shield, he summoned Hebinoō within the temple walls so that he may serve some unknown purpose. Perhaps it was to guard the weapon, perhaps it was to serve as a challenge or maybe Suijin had finally wished for the death of his son. Whatever the reason was, Hebinoō was not going to play ball. He had already devised a plan for an escape, all he needed was one weak enough to control and how convenient it was that a child was making his way to the central hall of the temple. The location of both the Serpent King and the Shield.

As the boy trailed along the torch lit, white marble corridor, that too patterned with statues of serpents, Hebinoō began to slither about the floors of the temple, dropping the spine shivering hiss on the odd occasion. This was no place for a boy, danger was very much so real within these walls. The second the boy breached the second set of doors blocking access to the central hall, Hebinoō would begin phase on of his plan: possession. Within seconds, he would fire himself directly at the child, cloaking himself within a dark shroud of fog. The boy would have no time to react to his spectacular technique, Nōmin no Ōshitsu Shoji. Once contact was made, it would all be over for the boy. Hebinoō would immediately gain control of the child and be able to leave the temple once more, in order to wreak more pain, more havoc and more chaos on the world.

Kiseki, Ivan and Proof72
To give an idea of the layout of the inner temple, when walking through the temple doors, you'll proceed to travel through a ten metre long corridor with a exceptionally large height. High and wide enough for Hebinoō to slither through. The corridor will also feature many statues of Hebinoō like the ones on the outside of the temple. Once Eric enters the temple doors, they will immediately close behind him, meaning you'll have to re-open them to gain access and of course you wont know what's been transpiring behind those doors. I ask that for now you only post walking through the corridor and reaching the door, I'm not forcing you to do this, but for the sake of the event, it'd work a lot better without anyone knowing what's happening behind the doors. Also a Jounin just died, y u all no show emotion?!
Gifts of the Gods: The Water Temple 287405
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gifts of the Gods: The Water Temple Gifts of the Gods: The Water Temple Empty

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
-