Ultimate Shinobi - A Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Symbiote

View previous topic View next topic Go down
~Fox~
Nukenin
~Fox~

Symbiote Vide
PostSubject: Symbiote Symbiote EmptyMon 12 Nov 2012, 1:28 am

Something new for Uriko. I understand if there are problems with this.

Quote :
Name: Kyōsei no Jutsu [Symbiotic Technique].
Type: Eijutsu.
Range: Close (0m – 5m).
Element: None.
Description: This jutsu requires intimate medical and biological knowledge and cannot be performed without the ‘Medical Chief' characteristic. With great concentration and a steady flow of chakra (but not hand seals), Uriko has learned to manipulate her own body on a cellular level, deconstructing her physical form and merging it with that of an object or being. This requires uninterrupted skin-on-skin contact for a few seconds and as such, is not practicable for combat use. Once taken in, she retains her own consciousness and abilities but must emerge at least partially to perform jutsu. Inside, she is not able to alter the foreign cells of her host but can control her own around them. Meanwhile, the vessel not only offers physical protection but also hides her from sight, hearing, smell, touch or taste. Damage is not shared and once the vessel is destroyed Uriko’s body will be ejected from its host and she will return to her former, more vulnerable state. To avoid dispersing herself too thinly, the object or being must have mass similar to or greater than her own; but no larger than that of a fully grown oak tree. For instance, merging with a squirrel would not be possible; merging with most humans would be.
Chakra Cost: 30 (plus 4 per post).
NOTES:
-> It is possible to use this technique for minor effects, such as passing through a solid wall or allowing a physical attack to glide harmlessly through her – but to do so would cost chakra equal to a complete use (34CP) and is an unreasonable trade-off in most circumstances.
-> Clothes and items will not be merged and unless Uriko was undressed to begin with, these will fall discarded to the floor once the fusion is complete.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ultimateshinobi.org/forum
Kite
Kumo Nin
Kite

Symbiote Vide
PostSubject: Re: Symbiote Symbiote EmptySun 18 Nov 2012, 7:14 pm

Hey Fox, sorry it took me so long to get to this. I've been busy but I suppose that's not a real good excuse.

I personally find issue with this jutsu due to its resemblence to three rather powerful abilities within the Naruto Manga, those three abilities being Sakon and Ukon's cellular manipulation, Zetsu's melding ability and Tobi's phasing ability. While the chakra cost is high enough to keep one from spamming it, the fact is that this is still might powerful ability that not only closely resembles the three instances I have given but also seems to lack one of the most vital drawbacks, that being the connection between vessel and user (receiving damage due to the vessel being damaged).

The other issue I have is the just the idea of cellular manipulation being done on such a scale as to break up your physical form. The body, while made of trillions of cells, is not just a cellular structure. There are many other components within the body that are either byproducts of cells or external nutrients taken in by the body. While in the manga we do see Sakon and Ukon using such an ability, I have always attributed this to their bloodline (I believe it to be a bloodline). In this way, these two sort of get a free pass for the cellular manipulation, much like the kaguya get for their bone manipulation. I would argue that someone who's genetics do not allow them to use such abilities, would end up not only destroying their own body beyond repair but also depleting themselves of the required nutrients their body needs (water, sugars, essential amino acids, etc.). Since this jutsu is more of a cellular manipulation, these non-cellular components would most likely be left behind when using this ability to merge with people and objects. This brings me to my next point.

Merging with objects and people is not as simple as imbedding one's cells on their surface. The human body has a very strong barrier against microscopic invaders (the skin). Your cells would be just that, microscopic invaders and moving through the skin of another being would be quite difficult without some sort of leading abrasion. The other issue is the idea of you merging with trees or passing through walls and such. I've never heard of any microscopic organisms being able to pass through walls (for the purpose of this discussion I am considering your cells as microscopic organisms due to you essentially breaking your physical make up into a swarm of cells).

I'm not denying this outright, but I am just giving my opinion that this jutsu seems a bit out there, even by my liberal standards. I'm always up for discussion on this subject though. I do apologize if it seems I'm being nitpicky about this. It is not my intention to create a hassle, but I felt like I needed to weigh in on the subject.
Back to top Go down
~Fox~
Nukenin
~Fox~

Symbiote Vide
PostSubject: Re: Symbiote Symbiote EmptyMon 19 Nov 2012, 3:22 am

Sounds fair to me. In all honesty, I didn't feel this was a polished 'submission' in the end and I don't know why on earth I posted it. I'm not too fussed about its combative effects, more the possiblities for espionage and being 'carried' into a village unnoticed. Any suggestions (assuming I scrap the above jutsu)?

EDIT: Brett suggested that I could state that the cells take a fair amount of time to become phase-ready, and premature phasing can result in serious injury or death. And if I needed to add a time period, to give it at least 45 minutes.

Would that be more suitable?
Back to top Go down
Enzo
Kumo Nin
Enzo

Symbiote Vide
PostSubject: Re: Symbiote Symbiote EmptyWed 12 Dec 2012, 2:42 am

Hey, sorry for the wait, Eric has been overwhelmed with exams recently and hasn't been able to moderate as effectively because of it. So; I'll be taking over from here c:

"NOTES:
-> It is possible to use this technique for minor effects, such as passing through a solid wall or allowing a physical attack to glide harmlessly through her – but to do so would cost chakra equal to a complete use (34CP) and is an unreasonable trade-off in most circumstances."

I think Eric mentioned this; but this is a major no-no. It's only 4 extra CP to phase through matter (and I assume energy as well), which is very little for what is essentially an instant-evade. Any practical combat use wouldn't be allowed unless there was a major drawback.

Second; your duration cost is significantly low for an S-rank jutsu. The minimum is 7/post if I remember correctly, and 4/post is almost half that.

Finally; this technique is very reminiscent of the Sakon-Ukon Kekkei Genkai; which is the main issue. There was an application here at one point for the clan, which called for similar abilities as the ones you listed (Merging with other people and objects), and was swiftly denied (by me Razz). While I don't want to immediately say "This is denied because it was denied before", I do wish to warn you that merging with other stuff is very god moddy.

Now in regards to making it fair. Your proposition to penalize partial merging and force it to take long periods of time to perform are perfectly good drawbacks. Though I do have to suggest lowering it from 45 minutes. That's a heck of a lot of time to spend merging, and I find it very impractical that anyone would enjoy sitting there for extended periods of time while someone entered their body (no sexual pun intended Wink). I do suggest limiting it to organisms though. Walls for instance, are not made of cells (well, depends on the wall, but if it is made of wood, then the cells are presumed dead anyway), and thus merging with the wall would actually require moving atoms around, which could take upwards of hours realistically to accomplish. May as well just break the wall down at that point.

A final note: Every single surface has bacteria on it. By merging with a surface, you are letting these bacteria enter your body without being filtered via mucus, the skin, etc. etc. You could get really sick trying to enter this person/object, and saying that the chakra filters these bacteria is incredibly unfeasible. How does the chakra distinguish the bacteria from the cells of the person or object?
Back to top Go down
http://www.ultimateshinobi.darkbb.com/forum
Sörä♀
Sörä♀

Symbiote Vide
PostSubject: Re: Symbiote Symbiote EmptyFri 19 Jul 2013, 3:04 am

Hey Soph, is it safe to assume that this has been scratched and okay to archive?
Back to top Go down
~Fox~
Nukenin
~Fox~

Symbiote Vide
PostSubject: Re: Symbiote Symbiote EmptyFri 19 Jul 2013, 3:24 am

Yep, go ahead.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Symbiote Vide
PostSubject: Re: Symbiote Symbiote Empty