Ultimate Shinobi - A Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Emiya Clan [Carbon Manipulation]

View previous topic View next topic Go down
Kiseki
Konoha Nin
Kiseki

Emiya Clan [Carbon Manipulation] Vide
PostSubject: Emiya Clan [Carbon Manipulation] Emiya Clan [Carbon Manipulation] EmptyTue 25 Dec 2012, 7:53 pm

Clan Name: Emiya
Signature Traits: N/a
Kekkei Genkai: Carbon Manipulation
History: The clan isn't very old. Perhaps it was just most recently found out by a few select people that they possess such a skill. However the case, many don't realize they have this kekkei genkai within them and can live their whole life without knowing it. The clans itself as an established group of people are only two generations old. They are very young compared to other clans and many don't even recognize them for who they are. They are hidden very well and often aren't even noticed if they announce themselves. The way this kekkei genkai was found by the Emiya clan was when certain members experienced traumatic moments or life threatening moments that forced them a need to get stronger. It was then that the kekkei genkai would awaken and temporarily protect the user at full power before fading away. After that life experience the user would not understand how to reach such a level again without training and practice. Many of the clan members kept it secret before they began to notice the pattern spreading around throughout the clan. After it became known through the loose clan that each member had the potential to gain the kekkei genkai the clan's people were happy and celebrated such a finding. They were all thought to be average everyday citizens so knowing that they could eventually have some fame or recognition helped boost their morale. However this was not truly the case. Not every member had the potential. It had to be a real life threatening situation that wasn't planned to forcibly unlock it with the user's knowledge. This led to many deaths of the clan members and they often would reminisce over this stupidity however it did teach them something. That only through pain and suffering could one find the path to power. However many to this day still do not realize that they have this hidden ability in their genetics and live their life as average citizens or shinobi to never realize its power only when they need it.
Clan Jutsu:

Clan Jutsu:

Code:

[b]Name:[/b] Carbon Manipulation
[b]Rank:[/b] C-S
[b]Type:[/b] Ninjutsu
[b]Range:[/b] 0~5 Meters
[b]Element:[/b] N/a
[b]Description:[/b]
General information ~ This jutsu can only be used by those from the Emiya clan. It requires an abundance of carbon in their body so they may manipulate it freely. It has its own strengths and weaknesses. Its main strengths consist of being able to withstand any attack of a weapon of its rank or lower. But if struck in the same spot multiple times by a weapon of equal rank the armor will chip away. Its weakness is that lightning which is 25% more effective on the armor. Any weapon above rank can easily cut through the jutsu. This jutsu has a flat rate of a one post cool down despite any level of the jutsu being used. The user will often change appearance one the jutsu is in effect giving them a pitch black color to whatever part of the body is being covered in the jutsu. And if the whole body is covered in it then the user's face often changes to look like some sort of mask that they desire. Whether it is intentional or not it is something the user does by instinct to reflect their inner personality.

C-rank ~ This form is perhaps the weakest of the jutsu entirely. The user uses their abundance of carbon in their body to form a layer of graphite enhanced with chakra to cover their skin to act as a makeshift armor. It can often be given an edge on the edges of the limb it covers or on most of the body it covers. However it can only be given an edge on the hands, elbows, knees, or feet. This form can only be maintained for five post before forcing the user to end the jutsu for its mandatory cool down period. 10 CP worth of accumulative damage is required to break this form.

B-rank ~ This form is stronger than its previous form however it doesn't hold a candle to what it can truly do. Just like before the user will use their abundance of carbon to form a layer of lonsadleite enhanced with chakra over their skin to protect themselves and even become a makeshift weapon. It follows the same restrictions as before and can only be maintained for a total of four post before forcing the user into its cool down period. 20 CP worth of accumulative damage is required to break this form.

A-Rank ~ This form is closer to its true potential, it is restricted to its usual limitations as its previous forms. It is made out of carbon fiber and often is most used in this form. It can only be maintained for a total of three post however before forcing the user into its cool down period. 30 CP worth of accumulative damage is required to break this form.

S-rank  ~ This is (not even my) final form for the jutsu. It is at its max power able to withstand the strongest of the strong. Made out of Graphene, weapons no longer are a problem unless struck multiple times by an S-rank weapon. It holds the same restrictions as before however it can only be used for two post before forcing the user into a two post cool down phase which combined with the amount of chakra it eats makes it very hard to use multiple times. 40 CP worth of accumulative damage required to break this form.

Footnotes ~ at Genin and Chuunin the user can not go into full form. They must wait until jounin or later on to begin to train for it. At genin only one limb at a time if they practice it enough and at chuunin the user will be able to use two limbs and maybe half the body if they have shown their training.
For genin to cover an entire limb it requires 600 words of training. For a chuunin to cover half their body it requires 1000 words of training. After they reach jounin the rest comes naturally to the user as they have begun to unlock their latent power.
[b]Chakra Cost:[/b] C: 6;2  B: 13;3  A: 22;5  S: 36;9

Last edited by Kiseki on Sat 05 Jan 2013, 2:52 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
MsMoney
Wanderer
MsMoney

PostSubject: Re: Emiya Clan [Carbon Manipulation] Emiya Clan [Carbon Manipulation] EmptyThu 03 Jan 2013, 9:22 pm

• First of all, I find your history a bit lacking to be honest. More details are needed on exactly -how- the kekkei genkai started up and protected the people.

Quote :

The way this kekkei genkai was found by the Emiya clan was when certain members experienced traumatic moments or life threatening moments that forced them a need to get stronger. It was then that the kekkei genkai would awaken and temporarily protect the user at full power before fading away.

I can't help but find that description very vague.

• Quote :
    This jutsu has a flat rate of a one post cool down despite any level of the jutsu being used.

This does not really sit well with me. I would agree that with C rank there would be 1 post cool down, but the higher the rank the more cool down would be needed. Like 2 posts for B rank, 3 posts for A rank and 4 for S rank.

• Quote :
    then the user's face often changes to look like some sort of mask that they desire.

Not quite sure how that would work out. I can get that they would turn black and all that, but how would they make a mask appear?

• Quote :
    It can often be given an edge on the edges of the limb it covers or on most of the body it covers. However it can only be given an edge on the hands, elbows, knees, or feet.

This really needs to be elaborated.

• Lonsadaleite is made from graphite by using heat and pressure, how do you create it in your body?

• Does this 'armor' just stay on the skin? Does it manage to protect internal organs? There are needed more details.

• I also have a problem with the armor being able to withstand -any- attack of it's same rank or lower, be it weapons or jutsu. How does it compare to like cutting or slashing weapons? Piercing attacks? Explosions? Blunt attacks?

• Does the armor have effects on the movements? Like do the joints get stiff?

• I find the S rank jutsu twice as strong as it should be. Your character can basically just walk around on the battlefield and GM everybody before someone could do something against him.

• You are lacking in overall descriptions and elaborations.
Back to top Go down
Kiseki
Konoha Nin
Kiseki

PostSubject: Re: Emiya Clan [Carbon Manipulation] Emiya Clan [Carbon Manipulation] EmptyFri 04 Jan 2013, 8:44 pm

1. I don't follow. It states that it would fully awaken to protect them like a self preservation instinct reaction then fade away for them to either forget about it because of the traumatizing event or they would train it.

2. Uros told me to put it like that because in a S-rank fight one post is all that is needed to end it. The chakra cost can be bumped up some more but as it is I can't really spam it without risking my life.

3. It is a layer as stated in the jutsu. It isn't like the skin turns to said thing or else the user would die. So naturally the layer can be manipulated to some extent. Such as my character idea is that the kid will feel empty so instead of like a demon mask or something it would just be smooth with two eye holes and a mouth.

4. Human body temperature plus chakra combined with the fact this is naruto.

5. It needs no details. read point 3. It is a shell. There for the parts that can have something similar to a point can have an edge such as the elbow can be sharpened or rather the entire forearm. So can the shin area if you want me to put it like that.

6. Edited to where it takes multiple strikes in the same place to chip away at the armor with weapon of same rank.

7. No it doesn't.

8. No it isn't. That is an opinion that Uros and I don't share with you.

9. I doubt that. Make some examples please.
Back to top Go down
MsMoney
Wanderer
MsMoney

PostSubject: Re: Emiya Clan [Carbon Manipulation] Emiya Clan [Carbon Manipulation] EmptyFri 04 Jan 2013, 10:04 pm

1. I get the part where you say it awakens their ability, but you only say "forced a need to be stronger". You also give no real history, more like simply stating what they clan does instead of giving a little view of -how- and by whom it was established.

2. It depends on the fight if one or many posts end it or not, doesn't it? Even with an S rank fight, it can't be guaranteed that a single post will end the fight. So I stand by what I said, cool down is needed. And if your character isn't going to be spamming the technique anyway, then I don't see why you would have a problem with that. It's far from a normal cool down standard for A or S rank techs to be only 1 post. Obviously the higher rank the technique/harder level, the longer it takes to recover or use it again.

3. Alright, I can live with that.

Quote :
4. Human body temperature plus chakra combined with the fact this is naruto.
Since when has 'This is Naruto.' ever been a valid excuse. I would assume that anatomy and the basic rules of biology and physics still apply. Chakra isnt an end-all to do whatever you want. You'd still need to be able to replicate what I can only assume would be immense amount of heat and pressure to create Lonsdaleite. Heat which is greater than what is produced by the human body.

5. So how sharp are we talking? And are the edges going to be sticking out enough to inflict some serious gashing wounds or?

6. Considering that Graphene has a breaking strength 200x past that of steel, how are any of your standard weapons supposed to chip or damage it at all? At the current point, the sheer strength of the armor past the C-rank level is overpowered, given that lonsadleite is harder and has more cutting power than diamond.

7. Fair Enough.

8. The same argument was made in the discussion against armor. In a game where most attacks are dodged or evaded, it is very difficult to get
Quote :
struck multiple times by an S-rank weapon.
or even two S-rank jutsu. If you disregard elemental advantage, two S rank techniques should cancel each other out.
Quote :
This principle states that two techniques of the same nature would cancel each other out if the same amount of chakra was put into them. For example, in Kakashi's fight with Kakuzu, he was able to cancel Kakuzu's Lightning Release: False Darkness by deflecting it with his own technique, the Lightning Cutter.
Under a similar principle anything with an S rank amount of chakra or strength behind it should be able to damage the armor, more than just a 'chip' or other minor damage.
(If you intend to drag Uros name in here, then perhaps he should join our discussion and have a saying for himself. Besides, don't other staff members also get the chance to voice their opinions on creations?)

9. The history is small and vague, as said before. And you have very little description writing going on for the whole Kekkei genkai jutsu and ideas, and frankly it is easy to get confused or misunderstand what you were writing there.
Back to top Go down
Kiseki
Konoha Nin
Kiseki

PostSubject: Re: Emiya Clan [Carbon Manipulation] Emiya Clan [Carbon Manipulation] EmptySat 05 Jan 2013, 12:05 am

1) What do you want added? It isn't even really a clan as it stated. Just a bunch of people who really gathered together. They are only really two generations old so they don't have a majestic history.

2) S-rank cool down is 2 post.

4) [3:33:07 PM] Enzo: Carbon is carbon
[3:33:14 PM] Enzo: Your clan allows you to manipualte carbon
[3:33:19 PM] Enzo: How it's made should definitely not be an issue

5) Sharp enough to stab someone if the hands are made into makeshift weapons. The blades won't extend out. It is literally just it gets sharpened on the shell not that blades will extend.

6) You must of gotten Graphite mixed up with Graphene.

8.) Edited. Took Uros' suggestion. [3:48:44 PM] Enzo: Honestly, your best bet is to go with something like "40CP worth of damage breaks it"

9) Just smashed this together with part one.
Back to top Go down
MsMoney
Wanderer
MsMoney

PostSubject: Re: Emiya Clan [Carbon Manipulation] Emiya Clan [Carbon Manipulation] EmptySat 05 Jan 2013, 12:52 am

(1/2) approval.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Emiya Clan [Carbon Manipulation] Emiya Clan [Carbon Manipulation] EmptySat 05 Jan 2013, 1:45 pm

Quote :
[3:33:07 PM] Enzo: Carbon is carbon
[3:33:14 PM] Enzo: Your clan allows you to manipualte carbon
[3:33:19 PM] Enzo: How it's made should definitely not be an issue
By that logic Suiton users would be allowed to use techniques involving ice. Manipulating carbon and simple rearrangements of it's molecules is one thing. Creating a form of carbon that requires extreme amounts of heat and pressure is something entirely different. Unless it's already present in the environment or doesn't require such conditions for formation, I don't like this clan using it. Bypassing atomic prerequisites of that magnitude is just too much.

Also, does the cool down on the S Rank apply if you only have it activated for one post? There's nothing stopping you from activating it for the sake of blocking one troublesome technique and then disabling it again in the same post.
Back to top Go down
Kiseki
Konoha Nin
Kiseki

PostSubject: Re: Emiya Clan [Carbon Manipulation] Emiya Clan [Carbon Manipulation] EmptySat 05 Jan 2013, 7:26 pm

Yes it applies if it's only been activated for one post. Suiton means water release not water molecule manipulation (Rather Hydrogen and Oxygen Manipulation). SO technically Uros' argument has some validity.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Emiya Clan [Carbon Manipulation] Emiya Clan [Carbon Manipulation] EmptySun 06 Jan 2013, 11:27 am

Suiton might mean water release but its ability is to manipulate water. Lonsdaleite is a form of carbon that's undergone physical change in the same way that ice is a form of water that has undergone a physical change yet we don't allow Suiton users to turn water into ice and then manipulate it. Also, bear in mind that this is disallowed despite the fact that it's far easier to turn water into ice than it is to turn carbon of any form into lonsdaleite. The reason such forms of manipulation is disallowed is frozen water is not the same as liquid water just as super heated and pressurized carbon is not the same as elemental carbon. If this weren't the case, wouldn't Doton also allow the use of Yoton since lava is essentially earth/rock that has been superheated?
Back to top Go down
Kiseki
Konoha Nin
Kiseki

PostSubject: Re: Emiya Clan [Carbon Manipulation] Emiya Clan [Carbon Manipulation] EmptySun 06 Jan 2013, 4:01 pm

Lonsdaleite's molecule structure is just carbon laying flat hence why we need a machine to do so since carbon hates laying flat. In order to do that in the naruto verse all you need would be a kkg to put the molecules in any shape plus chakra to hold that shape. Lava and Minerals have different molecule structures unless you can provide me evidence they are the exactly same to which I argue that somewhere there is a difference as there is for water and ice. This is also why said clan is a kkg because the user has an abundance of carbon in their body. They are able to use this carbon to make these types of carbon because they have enough carbon to make each molecular structure.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Emiya Clan [Carbon Manipulation] Emiya Clan [Carbon Manipulation] EmptySun 06 Jan 2013, 11:52 pm

Mulled it over some more and I think I had a different interpretation of what 'manipulation' allowed you to do in this case

Approved
Back to top Go down
lifeanddeath
lifeanddeath

PostSubject: Re: Emiya Clan [Carbon Manipulation] Emiya Clan [Carbon Manipulation] EmptyMon 14 Jul 2014, 6:47 am

Archived.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Emiya Clan [Carbon Manipulation] Emiya Clan [Carbon Manipulation] Empty

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
-