Ultimate Shinobi - A Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Armor down- what about shields?

View previous topic View next topic Go down
BK-201
Kumo Nin
BK-201

Armor down- what about shields? Vide
PostSubject: Armor down- what about shields? Armor down- what about shields? EmptySun 27 Jan 2013, 6:19 am

Armor has already been clarified as being "Basically cosmetic," but what about shields now? There were already pre-existing universal shields. The question now is, does the same rule for armor apply, insofar that they're basically cosmetic now?
Back to top Go down
Adam
The Boss
Adam

PostSubject: Re: Armor down- what about shields? Armor down- what about shields? EmptySun 27 Jan 2013, 6:27 am

I think they're acceptable but they should take up a weaponry slot.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ultimateshinobi.org
BK-201
Kumo Nin
BK-201

PostSubject: Re: Armor down- what about shields? Armor down- what about shields? EmptySun 27 Jan 2013, 7:12 am

That's a given, but what I mean is; can a shield actually block and lessen the impact of an attack, like turning aside a blade, or is it going to be like armor and restricted to just resisting certain effects or elements.
Back to top Go down
Adam
The Boss
Adam

PostSubject: Re: Armor down- what about shields? Armor down- what about shields? EmptySun 27 Jan 2013, 8:50 am

Adam wrote:
I think they're acceptable but they should take up a weaponry slot.

scratch
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: Re: Armor down- what about shields? Armor down- what about shields? EmptySun 27 Jan 2013, 1:38 pm

Mors Atra wrote:
That's a given, but what I mean is; can a shield actually block and lessen the impact of an attack, like turning aside a blade, or is it going to be like armor and restricted to just resisting certain effects or elements.

I would say that it works like a defensive jutsu would, where it can block multiple attacks (Jutsu or Non-Jutsu) of a lower rank, whilst an equal rank technique or attack would be blocked, yet the shield would be destroyed seconds afterwards.

Based on what the shield is made out from, it can be also susceptible or resistant to various elements. A wooden shield would take more damage from Katon, whilst perhaps less damage from Raiton or Suiton. On the other hand, a metal shield would take more damage from Raiton and Katon, whilst giving much more protection from the other three. Etc.
Back to top Go down
Emperor of Rock
Konoha Nin
Emperor of Rock

PostSubject: Re: Armor down- what about shields? Armor down- what about shields? EmptySun 27 Jan 2013, 2:18 pm

Uhm, don't we have Event Shields? Just go see those and you will get an idea how they work
Back to top Go down
Adam
The Boss
Adam

PostSubject: Re: Armor down- what about shields? Armor down- what about shields? EmptyTue 29 Jan 2013, 1:52 pm

Don't compare it to the Shield of Suijin. That's an event weapon because it's supposed to be better than most. Razz
Back to top Go down
BK-201
Kumo Nin
BK-201

PostSubject: Re: Armor down- what about shields? Armor down- what about shields? EmptyTue 29 Jan 2013, 11:31 pm

Adam wrote:
Don't compare it to the Shield of Suijin. That's an event weapon because it's supposed to be better than most. Razz

Barring its one-shot chakra-draining ability to resist up to one A-rank attack, and water absorbing ability, the Shield of Suijin is explicitly stated as being heavy as sin, and only capable of blocking or deflecting up to C-rank physical attacks. That, and it has a hole in its defense big enough to waltz an elephant through in the form of Raiton.

So, to sum up; you need the strength SC to wield it properly, can only block up to C-rank attacks in and of itself, 30 CP to block a single attack that may cost as little as 10, and at most 25 CP, has a chakra absorbing ability dependent on the enemy being a Suiton user (and being stupid enough to continue using suiton after the first go), and is just shy of useless against the Raiton element.

It might have particular abilities that are "better than most," in and of itself, but you did a fine job of balancing out those betterments with some near-crippling weaknesses Armor down- what about shields? 287405
Back to top Go down
Cookie Monster
Swaglord
Cookie Monster

PostSubject: Re: Armor down- what about shields? Armor down- what about shields? EmptyWed 30 Jan 2013, 1:03 am

When I originally made the Shield, it didn't have this requirement for the Strength SC in order for it to be wielded properly and it also naturally deflected B - Rank techniques. But apparently that was too much for an S - Rank Shield, so I had to nerf it down to what it currently is. Just sayin'.
Armor down- what about shields? 287405
Back to top Go down
BK-201
Kumo Nin
BK-201

PostSubject: Re: Armor down- what about shields? Armor down- what about shields? EmptyWed 30 Jan 2013, 7:56 am

Cookie Monster wrote:

When I originally made the Shield, it didn't have this requirement for the Strength SC in order for it to be wielded properly and it also naturally deflected B - Rank techniques. But apparently that was too much for an S - Rank Shield, so I had to nerf it down to what it currently is. Just sayin'.
Armor down- what about shields? 287405

So if an S-rank shield of the freaking GODS had to be nerfed down to this level, then what's the bloody point of any other kind of shield Armor down- what about shields? 287405 They'd need to be even weaker!
Back to top Go down
MsMoney
Wanderer
MsMoney

PostSubject: Re: Armor down- what about shields? Armor down- what about shields? EmptyWed 30 Jan 2013, 1:25 pm

Look at me!

COOKIE!

I think the best thing to do would to look over those shields in the Open Equipment section to get more of an idea of the shields that can be made and what they can do.

Even if I kinda find the descriptions in there vague, it can give some idea. Mostly shields are meant to protect against direct/physical/weapon attacks. I figure the case with shields would be much like armor; they need to have limits or spars on here would be pointless/taking forever.
Back to top Go down
lifeanddeath
lifeanddeath

PostSubject: Re: Armor down- what about shields? Armor down- what about shields? EmptyWed 30 Jan 2013, 1:48 pm

MsMoney wrote:
I figure the case with shields would be much like armor; they need to have limits or spars on here would be pointless/taking forever.

In a game of speed, "stealth" and evasion...Shinobi's have really big and heavy shields? Whurt? SPINNY

That is all.
Back to top Go down
Enzo
Kumo Nin
Enzo

PostSubject: Re: Armor down- what about shields? Armor down- what about shields? EmptyFri 01 Feb 2013, 10:20 pm

Shields and armor are both very un-ninja-like to carry. Since I don't feel like ranting about armor right now, I'll stick to the topic. Shields shouldn't be able to block much. A metal shield can't block a bullet' and most shields can be pierced by a sharp enough dagger; including metal shields. Iron may be durable; but it's hella' easy to pry open, especially when thin. Point is; if you want a shield, don't be prepared to block anything better than C-rank without having to offer up some tribute. But really, do you think it's reasonable that a metal PoS can block a torrent of water, a giant boulder, a fireball, a gale or a thunderbolt (all possible C-rank techs)? I don't.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ultimateshinobi.darkbb.com/forum
TwinnyKitty
Kumo Nin
TwinnyKitty

PostSubject: Re: Armor down- what about shields? Armor down- what about shields? EmptySun 17 Feb 2013, 3:24 pm

So; shields = limited but not completely cosmetic. Is this solved? (:
Back to top Go down
TwinnyKitty
Kumo Nin
TwinnyKitty

PostSubject: Re: Armor down- what about shields? Armor down- what about shields? EmptyFri 01 Mar 2013, 10:54 pm

Solved~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Armor down- what about shields? Armor down- what about shields? Empty

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
-