Ultimate Shinobi - A Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Aijin Clan [DONE]

View previous topic View next topic Go down
Brahmana
Brahmana

Aijin Clan [DONE] Vide
PostSubject: Aijin Clan [DONE] Aijin Clan [DONE] EmptyWed 20 Feb 2013, 4:40 pm

Aijin 愛人

Aijin Clan [DONE] Love-kanji-heart-black-md_zps6fc5453e

恋に師匠なし。
恋に上下の隔てなし。
恋に上下の隔てなし。
恋は思案のほか。
恋は熱しやすく冷めやすい。

Love needs no teaching.
Love makes all men equal.
Love is without reason.
Love is blind.
The most powerful force in existence.

.:The Lover Clan:.

Aijin Clan [DONE] Kirig_zps7aaf6ed5

Signature Traits: Perhaps the most known trait of this clan is that their members have no set gender. The genetic mutation passed down by the clan imposes certain changes to the physical body of its members. Instead of being a monosex entity (male or female), every clan member is instead omnisexual, meaning they display the traits of both sexes without fully committing to either and can freely behave and perpetuate the qualities of either.

This obviously implies strong changes in the psychological development of each member as opposed to people with a set sex, as a result- Aijin clan members have displayed acute deviation from the normal bounds of sexual identity perception. As individuals, they have been observed to generally very sensitive and sensual. Several studies have been conducted on the clan by scholars, biologists and psychologists.

Psychologists suggest that often because of every members social and cultural position, not to mention the very nature of their ability, a multitude of psychological disorders arise in some of the individuals associated with the confusion of their own or others emotional authenticity. Besides that, they appear as varied individuals with mixed behavioral patterns of both male and female, with no other predetermined behavior as a result of their genetic heritage. However most members seem to carry a deep respect and understanding of the power of Love and their Madame (clan leader) in particular exhibits sacral behavior and seems aware of a deeper aspect of the clan than is intended for a regular member.

Kekkei Genkai: Biologists have been confused by the seemingly impossible connection between the clan members chakra system and their emotional systems in the brain. Particularly the ones responsible for affection and empathy. What is even more mind boggling is that they found that this connection can have an effect on surrounding individuals, should a clan member choose. The ability Aijin clan members possess seems to have something to do with the freakishly effective stimulation of seratotgenic neuron pathways in the brain. This has lead many to believe that the ability is Genjutsu related although is seems to go beyond the mere perceptional stimulation genjutsu are known for.

Also, when the Aijin clan member exercises his-and-her abilities, it is characterized by the dilation both of his-and-her and the targets pupils, which is associated with empathy and sexual stimulation, as normal individuals exhibit such reactions under normal circumstances when interacting. This has lead to the general belief that the effect of Aijin abilities seems to be an authentic reaction to stimuli, although no apparent stimuli seems to be exercised in any case. The strongest piece of evidence for this is that the unseen stimuli has been obvserved to generate various levels and variations of 3,4-methylenedioxy-N-methamphetamine which also, even though it regularly wouldn't, effects the chakra systems of affected individuals.

The study of the illusive stimuli has been the most loose so far. Mainly because, as mentioned, no apparent stimuli has ever been observed. The only plausible observations that have made sense so far are that the Aijin clan members are the source of the phenomena and that they exercise their chakra to put the effects into motion. Some have theorized that the wanted effect is transmitted through the mimicry, gesticular and interactive systems of every member, which has further enforced the Genjutsu aspect of the clan. But where it seems to stand out of regular Grenjutsu is that there are no specific triggers that would trigger an illusion or false information flow in the brain. Instead, there is a specific stimuli, often theorized to be a combination of freakishly strong pheromones, the very appearance, behavior and essence, that simply forces someone's brain to behave naturally, but under unnatural circumstances. That is why the AIjin technique has fallen under category of Kinjutsu, that is, forbidden tehcnique. Finally, the general observation of the clans ability is that clan members exercise a certain genetic heritage that effects the brain of their target to change their mood and resolve towards the Aijin clan member or someone else.

History: It is almost unanimously accepted among scholars that the Aijin clan rose from the very old and renown brothel in the outskirts of now standing village of Kirigakure. The brothels name was 'Aijin', which means 'lover' and at a time it was revered as the most sublime brothel in the entire country, if not the world. The Aijin brothel serviced as many women as they did men and the prowess of the brothels workers in the art of love was beyond regular comprehension of the concept. Emotional caressing was strongly encouraged and the brothel was always mentioned as a house of love, care and pleasure by all who had visited it, never as a brothel, which seemed to insult the sublime, almost holy qualities of the business. No wine or any other intoxicant would be serviced as the sheer talent of every worker seemed to more than compensate the need for intoxication. But it would later become clear that the customers were intoxicated by the unusual abilities the residents of Aijin possessed and that their experiences were guided by the forbidden techniques they had developed over the ages.

When, why and who exactly was the first to exhibit these abilities historically remains unclear to this day, however, as the cat was out of the bag, the ranks of customers slowly grew thinner and thinner because of the constant interference of the Amegakure no Sato government, that had to deal with all bloodline heritage according to standart procedure. A discriminating one. Given the fear regular folk bore for those with a bloodline heritage in those days, it was not long before the brothel was completely void of customers and threatened with starvation and hate. To avoid this grim predicament, the Madame of the time, with the blessing of the rising rebellion of Kirigakure, converted the brothel to a clan. It is a tradition since then to for clan leaders to be reffered to as Madame. Thus the official clan of Aijin was born, but instead of services usually provided by brothels, the Aijin were now providing service of shinobi nature and they trained heavily in the martial arts to fight the oppressor- Amegakure.

The historical analogues of Kirigakure say: "However, as time went on, and more and more shinobi were killed, the clans turned to Kirigakure and the other allied villages for support. Not out of wanting it, but out of needing it. Instantly, Kirigakure accepted their new fate as the spearhead for such a movement, and they revealed their own shinobi to Namigakure, infiltrating the village's boarders under the false pretense that they were still in support of Namigakure's ways." Not many are aware of this, but the Aijin were heavily recruited for the mentioned mission because of their unique ability to manipulate political scenes and human resources. When the war was over and victory had been achieved, the AIjin returned to their now fully fledged clan house in hopes of peace for their kind. But this hope was short-lived, the newly appointed kage had scarred and lost his mind during the rebellion. "Kinzou started to send out his own, elite shinobi, disguised as shinobi that belonged to some of the numerous factions that had broken off from Namigakure and huddled around Mizu no Kuni, the land of water. At first, nothing was detected, but soon the kekkei genkai shinobi caught on, and Kinzou was brought into the spot light for his actions." The Aijin were among the first to suspect Kinzou, being reluctant to join his rebellion in the first place. They were among those who directly participated in the coup to ensure the safety of their kind, though on such subtle levels that they might as well have been invisible. Either way, after the episode with Kinzou, the Aijin insisted on having at least one ambassador/representative in Kirigakure at all times. An inside person who would oversee that something like this era of clan wars were never to happen again.

Today, during the newfound stability of Kirigakure assured by the new Kage from the Yamanaka clan, many contractors from Kirigakure and beyond contact the Aijin to carry out work of espionage, sabotage, assassination among many other tasks such as infiltration. Political entities such as Daimyo from foreign countries are particularly fond of the Aijin for their discretion and effectiveness in operations that require human interaction. Their battle prowess has grown surprisingly intense, as sometimes the emotional frontier of the battle can tip the scales of the outcome entirely. Their ability to raise and lower morale was treasured during the shinobi clan wars and so the Aijin are generally perceived as one of the most honored clans in Kirigakure. However, several modern scholars have raised the point of the shadowy past of the Aijin and dubious involvement in the clan wars throughout Kirigakure history. A fact that is little known is that the brothel does seem to have stood where it does today before Kirigakure no Sato was ever even built and had ties with Amegakure once in the past. Popular conspiracy theories have suggested that there is much more to the Aijin that they themselves let on and point to the particularly conservative nature of the clan when it comes to revealing more about their micro-culture and history. The brothels seemingly absurd age has been ridiculed by many as mere proof that since the dawn of time, man built brothels, and that their loyalty to the village is indisputable when you look back on their involvement with the history of Kirigakure. The Aijin themselves do not comment on the public opinions and prefer to keep to themselves. They do not voice their needs very often, all they seem to care about is preserving the clan as if they were preserving Love itself.

Clan Jutsu:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Brahmana on Fri 22 Feb 2013, 7:26 pm; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
MsMoney
Wanderer
MsMoney

Aijin Clan [DONE] Vide
PostSubject: Re: Aijin Clan [DONE] Aijin Clan [DONE] EmptyFri 22 Feb 2013, 5:54 am

So, I have one question. Why is this not a Genjutsu clan? The jutsu are all written like a Genjutsu based idea, and they couldn't really be used without Genjutsu frankly.
Back to top Go down
Brahmana
Brahmana

Aijin Clan [DONE] Vide
PostSubject: Re: Aijin Clan [DONE] Aijin Clan [DONE] EmptyFri 22 Feb 2013, 6:30 am

Well, you're technically right flower

But the reason I listed it as more of Kinjutsu (forbidden technique) utilizing clan is this:

Though the apparent affiliation with genjutsu, the techniques used also interfere with the normal function of actual hormones and neuron pathways in the brain to a degree, where the technique no longer only sends false information through the neurons, but actually stimulates and manipulates the very essences of emotional functions physically. According to the naruto-wiki, Kinjutsu is a technique that violates the laws of nature and these techniques could be observed as a violation of natural physiology. Sure, it might not seem as intense as raising someone from the dead, but it can and most likely will escalate some day in the future. Actually, if you notice, already one of the techniques listed (Ai Suenegaku no Jutsu) is a technique that, given the right circumstances, completely brainwashes the target to an extent where he is not being manipulated, but acts at his or her own free will. This is quite atrocious to the laws of nature if you ask me, choice is a big deal as well as death.

Either way, that is my reasoning. If you want I can make it mandatory for all Aijin clan members to pick Genjutsu as their main sphere of expertise when registering a character. I was going to do that anyway :]

EDIT: edited my original post to match the history of the clan with Kirigakure. I hope no one has any objections that I make my clan a part of the history of the village.
Back to top Go down
MsMoney
Wanderer
MsMoney

Aijin Clan [DONE] Vide
PostSubject: Re: Aijin Clan [DONE] Aijin Clan [DONE] EmptyFri 22 Feb 2013, 5:45 pm

We find techniques that take away all willpower, and seemingly have no way out (like with Genjutsu you can use the Kai or pain to get out of the illusion) really OP tbh. Making someone infatuated is a bit of an iffy area.

And I do get how you explain the whole chemicals and such that are going on, but frankly all of the jutsu are basically Genjutsu. If we take Amortentia for an example, how on earth can you explain that one happening without having to cast an illusion? I get that the members can look like both sexes, but the way you describe it just yells out Genjutsu. And I can pretty much take most if not all the jutsu and point out the Genjutsu parts in them.

It might be best if you have this clan Genjutsu based, and rewrite the jutsu so that they go better with the Genjutsu law. And then we can start talking about jutsu modding.
Back to top Go down
Brahmana
Brahmana

Aijin Clan [DONE] Vide
PostSubject: Re: Aijin Clan [DONE] Aijin Clan [DONE] EmptyFri 22 Feb 2013, 7:31 pm

Well, I can understand that. But these techniques do not take away someone's willpower. Think of them as costly de-buffs and circumstance-techniques. Meaning that once they are in effect, they cost a lot to maintain and create certain circumstances in which the target must make best with what he or she can for a while. Also, if you look at the techniques you'll notice they're all of defensive and evasive nature (such as making the topic into a NK or disabling S-rank jutsus but only as long as the technique is sustained).

Not to mention that they seem more RP oriented than an actual fight. Which is something I've purposefully been trying to achieve, as I saw my character as more of a RP entity rather than one constantly immersed in battle from the beginning.

Concerning converting this clan to genjutsu- please no. I have given good reasons for it in my last post. I'd rather not get into the genjutsu game since everyone here uses genjutsu. All that Kai business and illusion stuff, not exactly my thing. The reason of amortentia is this one (actually this is the general reason that I don't convert it to a genjutsu clan. Because the clan doesn't concern illusion, it concerns the reality of emotion):

Quote :
But where it seems to stand out of regular Grenjutsu is that there are no specific triggers that would trigger an illusion or false information flow in the brain. Instead, there is a specific stimuli, often theorized to be a combination of freakishly strong pheromones, the very appearance, behavior and essence, that simply forces someone's brain to behave naturally, but under unnatural circumstances. That is why the AIjin technique has fallen under category of Kinjutsu, that is, forbidden tehcnique.
Back to top Go down
MsMoney
Wanderer
MsMoney

Aijin Clan [DONE] Vide
PostSubject: Re: Aijin Clan [DONE] Aijin Clan [DONE] EmptyMon 25 Feb 2013, 8:41 pm

• Quote :
    Chuunin- the target will fall in Love with the user and additionally to the previous effects, now the target doesn't wish to go overboard fighting the love of their life, so they will irrationally choose not to use S rank jutsus (or above) if they know any against the user of the technique.

Jounin- In addition to the previous two effects, the target will become completely unwilling to kill the user of the technique and is susceptible to manipulation.

Kage- All previous effects are in effect. In addition, the target does not wish to fight the user, so they cannot attack and will only be able to defend without intention to counter in a manner that would seriously injure the Aijin. At least until the user of the technique is drained of chakra

The user stimulates the empathy of the target to a degree were they wouldn't lie even if they wanted to. A target of same or lower rank as the user will answer one question truthfully when this technique is performed (note: the question can be long and consist of several aspects, all of which the target would have to adress)

This is because the user of this technique stimulates a sense of immense rivalry in the targets mind. Due to systems in the brain reseting, this technique may only be used one the same person again after 3 posts.

I could quote from all the jutsu, but I took just a few pieces out here. Since your techniques do indeed effect willpower.

• Also, I would like to point out that there is no way to defend against those techniques, another reason I want them Genjutsu. Because if they are Gen, then you can actually escape through pain, Kai etc. As they are now, there is no weakness to them.

• So how exactly to put my finger on this clan .... if it is considered Medical based then the opponents should only feel more weak towards the users, and not fall in love or become absolutely infatuated as most of your techniques describe. And then also, just at close range. So they can smell them or touch them. For the most part, why I asked for it to become Genjutsu was because the techniques are already written up somewhat as Genjutsu (almost all). They seem to be controlling the opponent's mind. (although they are more powerful than they should be).

For me the pheromones, bodily touch, eye contact = they all are something like triggers of a Genjutsu. So the smell of the clan member would trigger an illusion, just like other members would use a sound to trigger people into Genjutsu. I don't see anything wrong with the members being asexual , but I see every aspect of them (what he said about eye contact, touching, smell..) leading to a trigger into Genjutsu.

• Your clan is also very OP, as I mentioned before when we come to look at the range, that it's not possible to defend against the effects, that you can -make people look at you- or -make someone answer a question-. That's not just affecting emotion. That's also effecting the mind and it's will.
Back to top Go down
MsMoney
Wanderer
MsMoney

Aijin Clan [DONE] Vide
PostSubject: Re: Aijin Clan [DONE] Aijin Clan [DONE] EmptyTue 26 Feb 2013, 4:00 am

After speaking to Adam, it is quite clear that you absolutely don't want to change your clan to a Genjutsu one. And thus, we shall have to take the road of extreme 'nerfing down'.

Your whole Kekkei Genkai needs more detailed description. I need to know what the clan members can do, and whom they can do it to. This clan is already very god mod, considering how much it controls other people.

Quote :
Finally, the general observation of the clans ability is that clan members exercise a certain genetic heritage that effects the brain of their target to change their mood and resolve towards the Aijin clan member or someone else.

How exactly does this work? Does it work on anyone?

There has to be a limit on how many people there can be affected at each time for all your jutsu, and the Kekkei Genkai in general.

You need to nerf down the abilities of the jutsu and the ranges. If this is to work, it should work with smell and touch only. You cannot control anyone's mind or willpower, only affect their emotion. Nobody is going to 'fall in love and be unable to kill' the clan member.
Back to top Go down
Brahmana
Brahmana

Aijin Clan [DONE] Vide
PostSubject: Re: Aijin Clan [DONE] Aijin Clan [DONE] EmptyTue 26 Feb 2013, 1:23 pm

MsMoney wrote:
After speaking to Adam, it is quite clear that you absolutely don't want to change your clan to a Genjutsu one. And thus, we shall have to take the road of extreme 'nerfing down'.

Your whole Kekkei Genkai needs more detailed description. I need to know what the clan members can do, and whom they can do it to. This clan is already very god mod, considering how much it controls other people.

Quote :
Finally, the general observation of the clans ability is that clan members exercise a certain genetic heritage that effects the brain of their target to change their mood and resolve towards the Aijin clan member or someone else.

How exactly does this work? Does it work on anyone?

There has to be a limit on how many people there can be affected at each time for all your jutsu, and the Kekkei Genkai in general.

You need to nerf down the abilities of the jutsu and the ranges. If this is to work, it should work with smell and touch only. You cannot control anyone's mind or willpower, only affect their emotion. Nobody is going to 'fall in love and be unable to kill' the clan member.

Wow. Didn't expect that one (Adam pitching in)! Cool!

We all know how these registrations work- make a clan as intense as you can because no matter what you write-it's going to be nerfed and I'm okay with that to a great extent.

I am willing to reduce and limit the effects to a single person per Aijin so I can't mass herd, BUT! Since I am willing to make it more focused on a single target, the nerfing should likewise be reduced because like in computer games, anything that is intended on a single target is usually much stronger than things that are meant for mass damage because of the miss-direct hit ratio.

As you've requested, I will go into more detail and explore the lore of the Kinjutsu heritage to make a more convincing description.

I am nerfing the ranges and upping this costs of some. I am adamant to step outside regular Genjutsu "triggers". Since it is a "love" and "emotion" clan, the very presence of the Aijin should be enough for the techniques to take effect. I am well aware of that I do not control anyone's willpower, but willpower is called willpower for a reason. Because it CAN be swayed and delayed, which, if you'll read more into it, is exactly what my clan is about.

Changing the general values of the targets willpower or intentions for split seconds to make windows for counterattacks. If you imagine the range of choices a person has from an OOC perspective, then my clan is about limiting that range of choices to make a person think on his feet and make his character go through difficult emotional states and make him try to write himself out using the possible variables of choices that are left untouched by clan's abilities. It's a very defensive, RP based clan and I had the intention of using the clan abilities much more often in a political RP context rather than fights. Everyone is a fighter in these kind of forums. Some characters should be in place to create general depth to the storyline of the forum instead of just resolving everything inside fights that happen for no better reasons than one of the opponents "going insane from the darkness she fought" or some other banal bullshit (sorry!)

Just to clarify, because you've been repeating this- just because someone feels like they have met the love of their life, doesn't mean they immediately forget who they are or their duties. People kill the ones they love all the time. The point is to make it really fucking hard for the character and to use every hole in his morale against him. It's NOT about controlling willpower- it's about paving/limiting the range of logical choices the opponent has and hoping he'll make the wrong ones. Having said all this, I'll get onto modifying the clan ASAP. Thank you for bearing with me, I know it must suck.
Back to top Go down
MsMoney
Wanderer
MsMoney

Aijin Clan [DONE] Vide
PostSubject: Re: Aijin Clan [DONE] Aijin Clan [DONE] EmptyFri 01 Mar 2013, 2:37 pm

How is the editing going?
Back to top Go down
Brahmana
Brahmana

Aijin Clan [DONE] Vide
PostSubject: Re: Aijin Clan [DONE] Aijin Clan [DONE] EmptyTue 05 Mar 2013, 2:35 pm

FIne, sorry been really busy with university so I had it put on hold for a while. I'll get back to it ASAP
Back to top Go down
Cookie Monster
Swaglord
Cookie Monster

Aijin Clan [DONE] Vide
PostSubject: Re: Aijin Clan [DONE] Aijin Clan [DONE] EmptyTue 28 May 2013, 11:09 am

Archived.
Due to lack of progression.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ultimateshinobi.org
Sponsored content

Aijin Clan [DONE] Vide
PostSubject: Re: Aijin Clan [DONE] Aijin Clan [DONE] Empty

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
-