Ultimate Shinobi - A Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Pokemon Nuzlocke

View previous topic View next topic Go down
BK-201
Kumo Nin
BK-201

Pokemon Nuzlocke Vide
PostSubject: Pokemon Nuzlocke Pokemon Nuzlocke EmptyTue 05 Mar 2013, 12:09 pm

So here's what this thread is gonna be all about; Pokemon Nuzlocke. The basic rules of Nuzlocke are simple;

1. You can only catch one Pokemon per area
  2. Once a Pokemon faints, you either box or release it, treating it as "dead."

Now, the purpose of this thread you might ask? Go out there. Engage your nuzlocke challenges. And then make a story of them. Give your pokemon style, personality, and when they meet their fateful end, tell the tale of it here. I'll start.

Code:

[b]Pokemon[/b]:
[b]Level and Location Met[/b]:
[b]Level and Location Died[/b]:
[b]Opponent/Finishing Move[/b]:
[b]Nature/Trait[/b]:
[b]Description[/b]:

[b]Pokemon[/b]:
[b]Nature/Trait[/b]:
[b]Level/Location Met[/b]:
[b]Description[/b]:

The Game
Pokemon Platinum.

The Rules
  1. Can only catch the first pokemon met in each area
  2. If a species has already been caught, it cannot be caught again
  3. Items such as Antidote may be used, but pokemon may not be Revived.
  4. Once a pokemon faints, it is boxed in the "Graveyard."

Current Team
Spoiler:

The Casualties

Spoiler:

Former Members/Pokemon of Note
Spoiler:

Last edited by Mors Atra on Thu 28 Mar 2013, 11:42 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Blaine
Blaine

Pokemon Nuzlocke Vide
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Nuzlocke Pokemon Nuzlocke EmptyTue 05 Mar 2013, 5:13 pm

This is too depressing a venture for me lol
Back to top Go down
Flare
Kumo Nin
Flare

Pokemon Nuzlocke Vide
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Nuzlocke Pokemon Nuzlocke EmptyTue 05 Mar 2013, 7:16 pm

Blaine wrote:

Ditto; I bond with Pokemon I catch >;[
Back to top Go down
http://www.ultimateshinobi.darkbb.com/forum
Emperor of Rock
Konoha Nin
Emperor of Rock

Pokemon Nuzlocke Vide
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Nuzlocke Pokemon Nuzlocke EmptyTue 05 Mar 2013, 7:32 pm

Let's go more hardcore.
RULE #1: FAINTED POKEMON ARE DEAD Sad
When a Pokemon faints, it must be released forever (or boxed permanently). It is considered to be dead.

RULE #2: ONLY CATCH THE 1ST ELIGIBLE POKEMON IN AN AREA
You can catch or obtain only the first eligible obtainable Pokemon you encounter in any route or area, with exceptions being made based on the Pokemon's gender. Fail to catch it and you get nothing for the area.
• Genderless Pokemon cannot be caught. Ever.
• If you have 1, 3, or 5 Pokemon in your party, you ignore any Pokemon encounters whose gender you have an uneven number of, e.g. if you have just one male Pokemon and two female Pokemon, you cannot catch any more female Pokemon until the count is even again. If you have an even number of each gender, this does not apply.
• "Dupes Clause" is recommended, to add to the uniqueness of each Pokemon. This means you do not count any encounter against any Pokemon whose species you have already caught, which is usually determined by the Poke Ball symbol by their HP bar.

RULE #3: ALL POKEMON MUST BE NICKNAMED
This is to increase the bond between you and your Pokemon. They're not just randoms; they're your friends. Treat them accordingly.

RULE #4: YOUR POKEMON ARE "PARTNERED" WITH EACH OTHER AND FIGHT IN PAIRS
• Only one male and one female can form a pair, and once they do, it lasts until one dies or is released.
• Each Pokemon on your team can battle only alongside its partner, if it has one. Switching Pokemon out in battle is allowed, but ONLY for the Pokemon's partner.
• If a Pokemon dies in battle, its partner must avenge the fallen Pokemon or die along with them; switching to any other Pokemon is forbidden, regardless of circumstance. (In the case of Double or Triple Battles, you may have to make exceptions. Do what feels right.)
• If a Pokemon's partner dies, it can gain a new one that doesn't already have a partner (either from a PC box or a wild Pokemon).

RULE #5: YOU CANNOT DEPOSIT POKEMON TO YOUR PC
• You must release Pokemon or have them die in battle if you want to withdraw anything in your PC.
• You can freely release your Pokemon (up to you if it counts as a "death" or not), but you will probably feel like a jerk for doing it.
• If you absolutely require HM moves to get through the game, you may temporarily break this rule and deposit a pair of Pokemon in the PC for one or two HM Pokemon; however, they cannot fight or do anything other than use HM moves outside of battle, and should be removed as soon as one of your main Pokemon can use the required HM move.
Back to top Go down
TwinnyPuppy
TwinnyPuppy

Pokemon Nuzlocke Vide
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Nuzlocke Pokemon Nuzlocke EmptyTue 05 Mar 2013, 7:49 pm

Wildfire wrote:
Blaine wrote:

Agreed. :C
Back to top Go down
http://captaintigglesworth.tumblr.com/
Blaine
Blaine

Pokemon Nuzlocke Vide
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Nuzlocke Pokemon Nuzlocke EmptyTue 05 Mar 2013, 8:04 pm

I have a habit of naming pokemon after the nicknames of people I love, just would be some baaaad bad juju.
Back to top Go down
Sloth
Sloth

Pokemon Nuzlocke Vide
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Nuzlocke Pokemon Nuzlocke EmptyTue 05 Mar 2013, 9:58 pm

TwinnyPuppy wrote:
Wildfire wrote:
Blaine wrote:

The point is that it creates a greater experience and your bonds with the pokemon that you keep are much deeper.

That Bidoof you normally would hate becomes your best and most trusted friend.
Back to top Go down
http://www.reddit.com/r/sloths
BK-201
Kumo Nin
BK-201

Pokemon Nuzlocke Vide
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Nuzlocke Pokemon Nuzlocke EmptyTue 05 Mar 2013, 10:10 pm

TwinnyPuppy wrote:
Wildfire wrote:
Blaine wrote:

Yall are missing the point; which is to say, bonding with your pokemon is the entire point of Nuzlocke. How much closer would your bonds be, how much more precious would you hold your pokemon, if you knew it was legitimately possible for them to die?
Back to top Go down
Sloth
Sloth

Pokemon Nuzlocke Vide
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Nuzlocke Pokemon Nuzlocke EmptyTue 05 Mar 2013, 10:11 pm

Mors Atra wrote:
TwinnyPuppy wrote:
Wildfire wrote:
Blaine wrote:

Yall are missing the point; which is to say, bonding with your pokemon is the entire point of Nuzlocke. How much closer would your bonds be, how much more precious would you hold your pokemon, if you knew it was legitimately possible for them to die?

That awkward moment when I said this in the post before you but less seriously.
Back to top Go down
BK-201
Kumo Nin
BK-201

Pokemon Nuzlocke Vide
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Nuzlocke Pokemon Nuzlocke EmptyTue 05 Mar 2013, 11:08 pm

Kyle wrote:

That awkward moment when I said this in the post before you but less seriously.

We made the same point, yes. I made the point sharper.
Back to top Go down
Cross
Cross

Pokemon Nuzlocke Vide
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Nuzlocke Pokemon Nuzlocke EmptyWed 06 Mar 2013, 12:23 am

I'll either be doing Emerald or Crystal.

Don't know yet.
Back to top Go down
Blaine
Blaine

Pokemon Nuzlocke Vide
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Nuzlocke Pokemon Nuzlocke EmptyWed 06 Mar 2013, 12:24 am

You two are missing the point, why force someone through the pain of losing something they have bonded with?

Back to top Go down
Sloth
Sloth

Pokemon Nuzlocke Vide
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Nuzlocke Pokemon Nuzlocke EmptyWed 06 Mar 2013, 12:46 am

We're not forcing anyone we're offering a different way to play a game.
Back to top Go down
BK-201
Kumo Nin
BK-201

Pokemon Nuzlocke Vide
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Nuzlocke Pokemon Nuzlocke EmptyWed 06 Mar 2013, 1:06 am

Blaine wrote:
You two are missing the point, why force someone through the pain of losing something they have bonded with?

What meaning does a bond have if you can't lose it? Further, if you treasure those bonds, then protect them. The point of a Nuzlocke challenge is to make the trainer go into every fight, not asking "How can I win," but "How can I keep everyone alive?"
Back to top Go down
Blaine
Blaine

Pokemon Nuzlocke Vide
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Nuzlocke Pokemon Nuzlocke EmptyWed 06 Mar 2013, 2:37 am

Mors forced it by saying were missing the point. I for one am rather sick of seeing bonds being severed due to death and think that it would corrupt such a kind hearted game. Go play FF tactics on the PS1 or Fire Emblem yo.
Back to top Go down
Sloth
Sloth

Pokemon Nuzlocke Vide
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Nuzlocke Pokemon Nuzlocke EmptyWed 06 Mar 2013, 4:04 am

Don't make general statements yo.
Back to top Go down
BK-201
Kumo Nin
BK-201

Pokemon Nuzlocke Vide
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Nuzlocke Pokemon Nuzlocke EmptyWed 06 Mar 2013, 4:30 am

Just go read this.

THIS is why I started doing Nuzlockes.
Back to top Go down
TwinnyPuppy
TwinnyPuppy

Pokemon Nuzlocke Vide
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Nuzlocke Pokemon Nuzlocke EmptyWed 06 Mar 2013, 6:08 am

I know what the point is; I just don't want to do it because I take my bonds with things very seriously, and would likely refuse to play the games again if the fainting=death situation suddenly became the norm. I pretty much never restart my games and I don't even like moving on to a new game unless I can have my old team from the oldest version that I own. I've transferred teams across various games for that reason. I'll stop there because I tend to get emotional over things like this (make fun of me all you want) and obviously that sort of input would ruin the point of this thread. :U
Back to top Go down
http://captaintigglesworth.tumblr.com/
Phantom Heart
Phantom Heart

Pokemon Nuzlocke Vide
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Nuzlocke Pokemon Nuzlocke EmptyWed 06 Mar 2013, 7:26 am

TwinnyPuppy wrote:
I know what the point is; I just don't want to do it because I take my bonds with things very seriously, and would likely refuse to play the games again if the fainting=death situation suddenly became the norm. I pretty much never restart my games and I don't even like moving on to a new game unless I can have my old team from the oldest version that I own. I've transferred teams across various games for that reason. I'll stop there because I tend to get emotional over things like this (make fun of me all you want) and obviously that sort of input would ruin the point of this thread. :U

This. .x.
Back to top Go down
Ace
Ace

Pokemon Nuzlocke Vide
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Nuzlocke Pokemon Nuzlocke EmptyWed 06 Mar 2013, 3:00 pm

YOU GUYS ARE ALL A BUNCH OF PUSSYCATS! *Restarts a 402 hours of playing Emerald game*

LETS DOOO EEETT! Pokemon Nuzlocke 287405

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
http://www.ultimateshinobi.com
BK-201
Kumo Nin
BK-201

Pokemon Nuzlocke Vide
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Nuzlocke Pokemon Nuzlocke EmptyWed 27 Mar 2013, 8:40 am

Bout time I updated this. A new team roster, some pokemon of note... And another name to add to the fallen.
Back to top Go down
BK-201
Kumo Nin
BK-201

Pokemon Nuzlocke Vide
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Nuzlocke Pokemon Nuzlocke EmptyThu 28 Mar 2013, 11:53 am

Pokemon League Challenge Complete

Final Team

Spoiler:

Final Death Toll

Spoiler:

And that's it for this Nuzlocke, folks. Now get out there and start your own.
Back to top Go down
BK-201
Kumo Nin
BK-201

Pokemon Nuzlocke Vide
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Nuzlocke Pokemon Nuzlocke EmptyTue 30 Apr 2013, 7:55 am

Since none of yall fussbudgets have done so, time for me to start and chronicle another one; Pokemon White version. Let's see where it goes, eh?

Code:

[b]Pokemon[/b]:
[b]Level and Location Met[/b]:
[b]Level and Location Died[/b]:
[b]Opponent/Finishing Move[/b]:
[b]Nature/Trait[/b]:
[b]Description[/b]:

[b]Pokemon[/b]:
[b]Nature/Trait[/b]:
[b]Level/Location Met[/b]:
[b]Description[/b]:

The Game
Pokemon White.

The Rules
  1. Can only catch the first pokemon met in each area
  2. If a species has already been caught, neither it nor its evolutionary line cannot be caught again
  3. Items such as Antidote may be used, save for Revives.
  4. Once a pokemon faints, it is boxed in the "Graveyard."
  5. No Legendaries (Barring Zekrom, whose capture is a plot point)

Current Team
Pokemon: Emily the Tepig
Nature/Trait: Hasty/Likes to fight
Level/Location Met: Level 5, Starter
Description: Being a girl, something of a rarity among starters, Emily is determined not to let this get in the way of her having a good time. Loves a good fight, and is quick to get into the thick of it. Fresh on the journey, time will tell how this little pretty develops.

The Casualties
Back to top Go down
Cookie Monster
Swaglord
Cookie Monster

Pokemon Nuzlocke Vide
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Nuzlocke Pokemon Nuzlocke EmptySun 21 Jul 2013, 12:40 pm

Archived.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ultimateshinobi.org
Sponsored content

Pokemon Nuzlocke Vide
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Nuzlocke Pokemon Nuzlocke Empty

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
-