Ultimate Shinobi - A Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Clan Slot Increase

View previous topic View next topic Go down
BK-201
Kumo Nin
BK-201

Clan Slot Increase Vide
PostSubject: Clan Slot Increase Clan Slot Increase EmptyFri 08 Mar 2013, 12:44 pm

Just a thought that occurred to me, but it seems to me that with the influx of new players, enough to merit the opening of another village, there should be a slight increase in the number of Clan slots, no? As it is, some of the clans filled up rather quickly with the influx.
Back to top Go down
Fuji
Fuji

Clan Slot Increase Vide
PostSubject: Re: Clan Slot Increase Clan Slot Increase EmptyFri 08 Mar 2013, 1:12 pm

As far as I can see the only problems are the Hyuuga Clan and the Kaguya Clan.

It appears that the limitations for members in clans are only present in clans with eye techniques and the Kaguya. I can understand why you would want to limit the members with doujutsu, but not sure that I understand the thing with the Kaguya.

Anyway. I don't believe that we have enough active members to remove these limitations. Also it would become annoying if everybody picked the same few clans. Diversity is getter

I agree that it could become a problem down the line, but I don't think we are there yet.

A solution would be that the staff keep an eye on the situation and if they can see that people really want to join one clan or another and are unable to do so because of the limitions of clan members then they should probably open up for more members.

But I would like to encourage the newer members to make up they own clan (I know it is a hassle) or pick no of the many open clans.

However a slight increase in the clan slots can't hurt.
Back to top Go down
TwinnyPuppy
TwinnyPuppy

Clan Slot Increase Vide
PostSubject: Re: Clan Slot Increase Clan Slot Increase EmptyFri 08 Mar 2013, 9:41 pm

The limited clan slots are to encourage diversity; How bland would it be if half of a village's members were all from the same clan? Not only would that be a bit boring, but having characters with different abilities and combat styles help to prepare others within the village to face different types of opponents. The more diversity there is within a village, the more chances you have to learn about different specialties and fighting styles/strategies. It's for RP flavor as well as balancing purposes.

If there comes a time when it seems necessary, I'm sure something could be worked out, but as of right now, I don't see this as much of a necessity.
Back to top Go down
http://captaintigglesworth.tumblr.com/
BK-201
Kumo Nin
BK-201

Clan Slot Increase Vide
PostSubject: Re: Clan Slot Increase Clan Slot Increase EmptyFri 08 Mar 2013, 11:55 pm

My concern is more about clans pooling into a single village. For example, nearly every Hyuuga slot is filled by Kiri.
Back to top Go down
Sloth
Sloth

Clan Slot Increase Vide
PostSubject: Re: Clan Slot Increase Clan Slot Increase EmptySat 09 Mar 2013, 12:10 am

Maybe a better suggestion would be to suggest limiting villages to a certain number of members from each canon clan.

(NOTE: I am neutral just trying to pose a solution.)
Back to top Go down
http://www.reddit.com/r/sloths
Sael
Konoha Nin
Sael

Clan Slot Increase Vide
PostSubject: Re: Clan Slot Increase Clan Slot Increase EmptySat 09 Mar 2013, 12:45 am

If the limit is to promote village diversity wouldn't it be better to make a limit of clan members per village, that way it promotes people spreading through the villages for the clans they want without clumping all in one group.
Back to top Go down
Sloth
Sloth

Clan Slot Increase Vide
PostSubject: Re: Clan Slot Increase Clan Slot Increase EmptySat 09 Mar 2013, 12:45 am

Hyuga2920 wrote:
If the limit is to promote village diversity wouldn't it be better to make a limit of clan members per village, that way it promotes people spreading through the villages for the clans they want without clumping all in one group.

People like to state the same thing I say in my previous post but with more words.
Back to top Go down
Sael
Konoha Nin
Sael

Clan Slot Increase Vide
PostSubject: Re: Clan Slot Increase Clan Slot Increase EmptySat 09 Mar 2013, 12:47 am

Lol, oh wow, somehow I missed that :p sorry Kyle
Back to top Go down
TwinnyPuppy
TwinnyPuppy

Clan Slot Increase Vide
PostSubject: Re: Clan Slot Increase Clan Slot Increase EmptySat 09 Mar 2013, 12:49 am

Mors Atra wrote:
My concern is more about clans pooling into a single village. For example, nearly every Hyuuga slot is filled by Kiri.
I can understand that. It is a concern, but I doubt simply opening more slots would solve that issue.

Kyle wrote:
Maybe a better suggestion would be to suggest limiting villages to a certain number of members from each canon clan.
While I agree with this, we might run into problems the way things are now, given the high concentration of same-clan characters in Kiri already. It wouldn't be fair to them if we tried to take those spots away, nor would it be fair to simply let them stay over a limit whereas newer members or those getting new characters could not make a member from said clan in their village of choice. It's a tough thing to handle without overstepping boundaries somewhere. I guess that's just me wanting to please everyone, especially since I know how much it sucks having an idea and not being able to go through with it because of something drastic like this.

Hopefully we'll get more staff input on this soon.
Back to top Go down
Sloth
Sloth

Clan Slot Increase Vide
PostSubject: Re: Clan Slot Increase Clan Slot Increase EmptySat 09 Mar 2013, 12:51 am

TwinnyPuppy wrote:
Mors Atra wrote:
I can understand that. It is a concern, but I doubt simply opening more slots would solve that issue.

Kyle wrote:
While I agree with this, we might run into problems the way things are now, given the high concentration of same-clan characters in Kiri already. It wouldn't be fair to them if we tried to take those spots away, nor would it be fair to simply let them stay over a limit whereas newer members or those getting new characters could not make a member from said clan in their village of choice. It's a tough thing to handle without overstepping boundaries somewhere. I guess that's just me wanting to please everyone, especially since I know how much it sucks having an idea and not being able to go through with it because of something drastic like this.

Hopefully we'll get more staff input on this soon.

Grandfathering OP.
Back to top Go down
Shiro
Shiro

Clan Slot Increase Vide
PostSubject: Re: Clan Slot Increase Clan Slot Increase EmptySat 09 Mar 2013, 2:10 am

Personally, I don't see the problem. Clans don't make much sense as being widespread anyway. It makes far more sense if individual clans are more prominently found in single villages than every clan being thrown to the four corners of the world. Opening more clan slots would allow more people to be in a single clan. But that doesn't mean the people taking those slots wouldn't, for example, also be Hyuuga's in Kiri. And frankly, I see no issue with forcing people to choose clans other than the most popular ones.

Allowing more clan slots doesn't encourage village diversity but limits it in my opinion. If a Clan's slots are already full, it just means we've got an excess. It doesn't mean should allow even more.
Back to top Go down
TwinnyPuppy
TwinnyPuppy

Clan Slot Increase Vide
PostSubject: Re: Clan Slot Increase Clan Slot Increase EmptySat 09 Mar 2013, 4:09 am

Oops, I meant wouldn't* solve that issue, not would. Clan Slot Increase 287405 Awks.
Back to top Go down
TwinnyKitty
Kumo Nin
TwinnyKitty

Clan Slot Increase Vide
PostSubject: Re: Clan Slot Increase Clan Slot Increase EmptyMon 11 Mar 2013, 1:22 am

My opinion on this is kinda boring, in that I think our current limits are fine for the level of activity we have now. I also think the limits being all-inclusive as opposed to per village is better. Like Shiro said, clan members can tend to clump together, it makes sense in a way. It would suck of you wanted to make a clan member in a certain village, but all the open clan slots left were in a village you don't like. Also, with the numbers where they're at, we're unlikely to have one village ENTIRELY made up of members from one clan. Things may change in future, activity may skyrocket and our numer of slots might be proven inadequate, but the limit of one clan being reached doesn't signify that. What's the point of having a limit if we loosen the belt the moment it's reached anyway?
Back to top Go down
Sloth
Sloth

Clan Slot Increase Vide
PostSubject: Re: Clan Slot Increase Clan Slot Increase EmptyFri 22 Mar 2013, 1:56 am

Anyone else got thoughts on this or can I call this solved?
Back to top Go down
Sloth
Sloth

Clan Slot Increase Vide
PostSubject: Re: Clan Slot Increase Clan Slot Increase EmptySat 30 Mar 2013, 5:03 am

Solved.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Clan Slot Increase Vide
PostSubject: Re: Clan Slot Increase Clan Slot Increase Empty

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
-