Ultimate Shinobi - A Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Tetsujin Clan [Metal Release]

View previous topic View next topic Go down
Shiro
Shiro

Tetsujin Clan [Metal Release] Vide
PostSubject: Tetsujin Clan [Metal Release] Tetsujin Clan [Metal Release] EmptyThu 28 Mar 2013, 12:54 pm

Tetsujin

Clan Name: Tetsujin

Signature Traits General Features The Tetsujin Clan is characterized by fairly tanned skin and tend to have dustier brown hair colors or pale grays. Their bodies are tall, wide, and toned, fat uncommon in the clan both due to their typically hard working professions, hardy genetics, and a self-dependent stigma common in the clan. Tattoos, scars, and burn marks are a common sight on Tetsujin. The people of the clan are independent and honest by nature and blunt in language. Despite this, variety is extremely common within the clan beyond the trademark bronze skin, members openly marrying outsides and providing new blood to the clan is considered beneficial, elders claiming that "forging the same old iron over and over will only make it more imperfect". Many members of the clans are travelers, journeying across countries and mingling with citizens of others lands. Because of this, Tetsujin typically have a more worldly and down-to-earth sense of things, practical and fueled by immediate needs.

Example Tetsujin Male
Tetsujin Clan [Metal Release] Scar-Render-SV

Ignitable Temper - The Tetsujin are typically calm and controlled individuals, moving with precisions and purpose. They are, however, famous for their volatile rages which while not easily triggered, are near impossible to quell. The Tetsujin are a fairly rational and self-disciplined lot, but they all have their triggers which when pushed turn them into berserking monsters with little concern for propriety or restraint. Thus, every member of the Tetsujin must choose one or more triggers for their character in their profile which will completely set their character off, putting them into a ferocious rage, boiling their blood and forcing them into action, typically of a violent and chaotic disposition.

Weapon Familiarity - The Tetsujin clan is world renown not simply for their tempers but for their trade, master blacksmiths with often generations of talent and experienced accumulated into the products they created. Because of this, all those born within the clan will be naturally accustomed to both the creating and handling of weapons. While shinobi need not necessarily be blacksmiths, they will know the basics of their craft, and have a discerning eye for weapons, both those of normal and unusual make. A Tetsujin will be able with enough time, study, and resources be able recreate any metal weapon, armor, shield, or tool. In addition, if the ninja is a weapon user, they will have access to a second group of weapons as a secondary, effectively allowing them proficiency with all range of weapons to a varying degree.

Heat Tolerance - A traditional upbringing in the Tetsujin breeds a tolerance of heat, blazing, flaming, burning heat from birth and onward, the forge innately a part of their life. Tetsujin have a natural tolerance of heat, and manage the pain of heat and burns more ably than a normal shinobi. Tetsujin do not take less effective damage from heat-based attacks, but are better able to bear pains caused by said damage, although certainly, a Tetsujin will know better how not to burn himself in a forge than most will.

Kekkei Genkai: Kaneton

Tetsujin Clan [Metal Release] Steel2

The Kekkai Genkai of the Tetsujin is Kaneton, Metal Release, a combination element crafted by melding the intense forging heat of Katon with the minerals and durability of Doton, crafted metal from the two. By utilizing chakra to alter the alchemic nature of the earth through an accelerated process of heating, pressure, and chakra, the user will be able to produce metal, forging weapons and objects in mere moments. Kaneton is a difficult element due to the chemistry involved within it. Techniques are complicated due to the amount of crafting involved within it. Tetsujin members practice blacksmiths daily both as a way to better understand the accelerated processes they utilize in their techniques as well as to train themselves. An imperfect technique, be it with smithing or with jutsus, will lead to weak and a brittle weapon. Kaneton is a powerful element due to it's durability and longevity. While flames will die and lightning dissipate, objects made with steel maintain their shape without need of further chakra, acting as stable and strong objects. Kaneton reacts well with most Katon techniques, save the most vicious of flames, is more than Doton, can withstand Suiton unless exposed in long term, is ambivalent to futon-based techniques, and conducts raiton without flinching. Kaneton requires contact to earth to forge new metal, although it may also shape and manipulating existing metals. Kaneton users may manipulate any metal with techniques within vision as long as they have made physical contact with the object within twenty four hours.

History: The Tetsujin Clan is historically a clan of blacksmiths, fine craftsman of of metal for ages grew accustomed to the forge and the utilization of chakra in their work, creating superior weapons that put other works to shame. They traveled the world, selling their wares and learning more of their craft by analyzing the works of other smiths. Nonetheless, most consider their true home to be Kumogakure, and shinobi of the Tetsujin clan hold their loyalty to the village, their biggest supporter and greatest customer. The Clan is very proud of their craft and requires all those born of their blood to take interest in the art of metal working, childhoods filled with rigorious forge work and competitions of weapons, art, and general precision with the forging of objects. Despite their allegiance to Kumo, the clan maintains friendly relations with other villages and countries, freely selling their wares where they please. Any impeding of their sales would break relations with Kumo, something the Cloud village would never want. Tetsujin ninjas inevitably apply their techniques to their jutsus, utilizing Kaneton in battle to defeat their often more brittle opponents.

The social structure of the Tetsujin family varies. Typically, for traveling groups the most experienced of craftsman is considered in charge, giving decisions and making the important choices, naturally with the advice of their fellows. However, in Kumo, the clan is ruled by four headsman typically of notable experience or having produced a masterpiece of sorts, granting them ascension as part of the ruling quartet. The four decide economic decisions, village relations, and organizing of the upbringing of village-living Tetsujin children, especially those with the talent to become ninja. The council members need not be ninjas, although often are. The talent to defend yourself is simply a practical skill, and as such the Tetsujin encourage individuals to learn it.

Shinobi of Tetsujin Blood have a natural tendency to specialize in ninjutsu and weaponry, the two arts which can make the greatest application of Metal Release, although it is not unusual for Tetsujin to utilize other specialties, even those with no application of Kaneton. Nonetheless, use of Kaneton within their techniques is a source of pride for Tetsujin members, as their forging of weapons is a source of pride and a display of their nurtured ability to create. Tetsujin consider their creations to be a testament to their clan, representing both artistic ability as well as deadly force. The Tetsujin clan currently has a number of philosophical and political disagreements with the Joushi clan, due to their fantasies and lack of real world experience. The general opinion of the Tetsujin clan on the Joushi is that "They're a bunch of delusional fools with too much in their head that they can't help throwing it out into the open." Relations are strained, although there is little chance of full-blown conflict in the near future. Tetsujin have a unique relationship with war and peace, as Peace gives them greater flexibility in their customers, while war provides a greater demand for their wares. War or peace, the Tetsujin prosper and live on.

Clan Jutsu

(Tetsujin Clan techniques listed below are being classified Weaponry/Ninjutsu, and can be considered both. However, only one of the two specialties is requires to utilize the techniques. Note, that custom techniques may not qualify as Weaponry/Ninjutsu, and that those on this list are an example of those that do.)

Spoiler:

Coding
Spoiler:

Last edited by Shiro on Fri 29 Mar 2013, 8:47 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Shiro
Shiro

PostSubject: Re: Tetsujin Clan [Metal Release] Tetsujin Clan [Metal Release] EmptyFri 29 Mar 2013, 2:25 am

Completed
Back to top Go down
Dan
Dan

PostSubject: Re: Tetsujin Clan [Metal Release] Tetsujin Clan [Metal Release] EmptyFri 29 Mar 2013, 4:18 am

Quote :
Name: Koudori-Buki [Dancing Weapon]
Type: Weapon/Ninjutsu
Range: Close/Mid
Element: Kaneton
Description: Koudori-Buki allows the ninja to levitate and manipulate a metallic object the user has touched within the last twenty four hours. This object may be used in a variety of ways, acting as a defensive shield, being launched at an opponent as a missile, or being hidden for a surprise attack. Regardless of the scenario, the user is unable to control any object more than ten feet away, and may control only one weapon with this technique. Note: Objects thrown at an enemy may hit an opponent further than ten feet away from the user. Said weapon simply can no longer be levitated after it is thrown until the user gets in range of it. This technique requires the user to concentrate to maintain it.
Chakra Cost: 4+1 per turn

Just for means-sake, please put eye contact MUST be made.

Quote :
Name: Kousotsu [Armored Warrior]
Type: Ninjutsu/Weaponry
Range: Close
Description: This technique summons earth to surround the user's body, then crafts it into a suit of steel, covering the users entire body from head-to-toe. Due to the hasty nature of this defensive technique, the user will be unable to move properly while inside the suit, moving at half their normal speed. However, the suit is extremely durable, shielding the user from direct assault most forms of physical harm. In addition, the user may may attack with greater form with unarmed attack, utilizing the steel which surrounds their body. The user may release this technique at any time, causing the suit to collapse upon the ground in pieces.
Chakra Cost: 8+2 per turn

I'd like to make note that Katon and Raiton techniques can very easily be conducted with this technique on, so you can effectively be fried/cooked in your own armor. It's not necessary that you add this into the description, but for those who read the modding of this app.

Quote :
Name: Ikorose [Shoot to Kill]
Type: Weaponry/Ninjutsu
Range: Long
Description: The user will take a bladed weapon, such as a sword or spear, and direct the point of the blade towards their body. Then, they will alter the structure of the blade, bathing it in chakra and priming it for attack. Like a bullet shot the user will extend the blade, lengthening it at an extreme level, the blade propelling itself to strike an opponent, stabbing through their body with lightning speed and piercing force. The blade may be extended as far as twenty meters from the user. After the attack, the blade shorten again to its original size.
Chakra Cost: 12

My interpretation of this technique is that lightning speed is literal (186,000 miles per second). I'm sure you didn't mean to have it interpreted like this, so please put a rough specific time-frame on the speed this technique can go. Bare in mind that gravity acts at 9.8m/s and for your sword to cover 10meters in one second is very quick.

These are the only changes that I see fit. Quite well balanced clan.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ultimateshinobi.com
Shiro
Shiro

PostSubject: Re: Tetsujin Clan [Metal Release] Tetsujin Clan [Metal Release] EmptyFri 29 Mar 2013, 5:56 am

Dancing weapon amendment changed.

So an interesting story. My Roommate who's a physics major mentioned spending some guy (Myth buster esque show I think) hours and hours in a full suit of metal that covered him from head to toe. Total medievil style with no skin showing. And according to him, the guy send electrical surges through the armor. According to him, he was never harmed during it. That is, the armor channeled the electricity without harming him. He spent hours testing this according to my roommate. Now, he isn't here now since he's on springbreak, so I don't have the source video/document, although I'll certainly look for it when he comes around. But my impression was that the armor acted as a lightning rod, grounding the electricity. Now, this wouldn't mean the armor would block lightning bolts, but while it would conduct electricity, the user wouldn't be harmed by channeled electricity according to my Physics major roommate ^.^

As for heat, the metal could get hot, sure, but according to the mods here C-rank Fireballs only deal supposedly first degree burns, which frankly won't heat steel all that much.

So. Uh. Question. Do you let actually Raiton jutsus that deal with lightning move at the speed of lightning? ...Given its...Lightning? Razz
Back to top Go down
Dan
Dan

PostSubject: Re: Tetsujin Clan [Metal Release] Tetsujin Clan [Metal Release] EmptyFri 29 Mar 2013, 7:18 am

Quote :
So an interesting story. My Roommate who's a physics major mentioned spending some guy (Myth buster esque show I think) hours and hours in a full suit of metal that covered him from head to toe. Total medievil style with no skin showing. And according to him, the guy send electrical surges through the armor. According to him, he was never harmed during it. That is, the armor channeled the electricity without harming him. He spent hours testing this according to my roommate. Now, he isn't here now since he's on springbreak, so I don't have the source video/document, although I'll certainly look for it when he comes around. But my impression was that the armor acted as a lightning rod, grounding the electricity. Now, this wouldn't mean the armor would block lightning bolts, but while it would conduct electricity, the user wouldn't be harmed by channeled electricity according to my Physics major roommate ^.^

To your second point - Quote - "If the armour doesn't touch the wearers skin then there will be no effect on the wearer, its called Faradays Cage, just like you can walk outside in a foil suit on a hot day and not feel any heat.But of course you can dissipate the electron flow in other ways, with grounding, and with heat, if the metal gets hot enough then electricity wont flow though it. Though ofcourse if you are touching the metal, then you will shock, even if you are grounded because you will basically be one big grounded conductor.

I see no where in the description that suggests this DOESNT touch the user's skin. Also, if this being the case, perhaps thickness should be noted and what openings their are. You won't be the silver sonic, or else you wont breather, or will you be an armored knight with a visor and with gaps between the limbs? Please clarify.

Quote :
So. Uh. Question. Do you let actually Raiton jutsus that deal with lightning move at the speed of lightning? ...Given its...Lightning?

It's a good thing that your technique is a metal technique and not a Lightning technique. Razz And it requires you to gather metal and smelt then cool it at such a rate to be 'lightning speed'. I don't think that's very fair at all. Do you?
Back to top Go down
Shiro
Shiro

PostSubject: Re: Tetsujin Clan [Metal Release] Tetsujin Clan [Metal Release] EmptyFri 29 Mar 2013, 8:48 am

Of course I thinks its fair. Its my technique silly Razz

Interesting. Faraday's cage, eh? Interesting.

As for the actual armor, I thinking knights. But I don't want to specify the exactness TOO much, because I like the idea of each Tetsujin's weapons and armor created by techniques be custom. Sort've like how there are multiple Lava clan users in a variety of villages, but they use different kinds of lava. So the exactness of the armor would actually be up to the maker.

However, for the purpose of this, I'd say probably slits in the helmet to breath and see through. As for Faraday's cage, hmm...

We'll save it for another day.

Lightning speed changed to lethal speed. I'll give my technique an actual speed when you tell me how fast a Genin can throw a shuriken, lol.
Back to top Go down
Dan
Dan

PostSubject: Re: Tetsujin Clan [Metal Release] Tetsujin Clan [Metal Release] EmptyFri 29 Mar 2013, 12:32 pm

Approvable.

1/2 Approvals given.
Back to top Go down
Shiro
Shiro

PostSubject: Re: Tetsujin Clan [Metal Release] Tetsujin Clan [Metal Release] EmptyMon 22 Apr 2013, 7:07 am

Is moderation of this being delayed due to some staff deliberation? :0
Back to top Go down
Emperor of Rock
Konoha Nin
Emperor of Rock

PostSubject: Re: Tetsujin Clan [Metal Release] Tetsujin Clan [Metal Release] EmptyMon 22 Apr 2013, 9:20 pm

Approved 2/2

Back to top Go down
BK-201
Kumo Nin
BK-201

PostSubject: Re: Tetsujin Clan [Metal Release] Tetsujin Clan [Metal Release] EmptyFri 09 Aug 2013, 12:09 pm

Quote :
[3:02:16 AM] Darius Swaggington: Have the clan archived if you want. I was going to pull it out and make a different version since I wasn't particularly fond of Shiro's. Normally I'd say take it out of approvals for the techniques to be moderated, but since Shiro isn't around, you'd have no one to talk to.
Quote :
[4:02:16 AM] Adam: Most of them were never elaborated on as much as they should have been.
[4:02:26 AM] Adam: As for the clan
[4:02:28 AM] Adam: Archive it?
Archived.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tetsujin Clan [Metal Release] Tetsujin Clan [Metal Release] Empty

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
-