Ultimate Shinobi - A Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Bringing a Book to a Fistfight [Ryuuji]

View previous topic View next topic Go down
Ichikawa Nakayama
Ichikawa Nakayama

Bringing a Book to a Fistfight [Ryuuji] Vide
PostSubject: Bringing a Book to a Fistfight [Ryuuji] Bringing a Book to a Fistfight [Ryuuji] EmptyTue 16 Jul 2013, 2:53 am

A dark upper room of a home was lit only by the pale hue of an electronic screen. It accomplished little more than nothing when it came to providing something to see with, but for Ichikawa, he could see all he needed on the screen of his laptop. Today had been a lazy day so far, and he was looking to change that. However, seeing as the laptop wasn't doing much for his ideas, he closed it and leaned back on his bed. His head rested for a moment against the wall and he sighed, sitting quietly in the darkness of his room. Daylight attempted to peek through the blinds of his window, but he ignored its attempts to draw him out. For now, at least.

Ah... What should I do with myself today? Well, I've got that book I've been neglecting about the art of close combat. I suppose I could get motivated for that. Pushing the computer off of his lap, Ichikawa turned and slid off of his bed. Standing up, he slipped on his geta with only his feet, and then walked over to the bookshelf in his room. Among the many subjects he had already thumbed through, there was a single book that was left untouched on the shelf. "There you are." Reaching in, he had located the book he wanted. A hazy brown cover had silver letters imprinted upon it that read A Beginner's Guide to Taijutsu Vol. 1: The Definition of a Punch. Ichikawa glanced over at his door for a moment before walking over and flipping the light switch, the gift of electricity illuminating the entirety of the room.

Ichikawa squinted for a moment from the new light, as he had been sitting in the dark for quite a while. Since morning, to be more specific.  One he had adjusted, he walked his book over to the black couch in his room and fell back into it, opening to the first page. "It sounds so basic. I think I already know some of this stuff..." But, to his surprise, the book quickly began discussing some more advanced movements. Despite the misleading title, this was indeed a useful guide for a more experienced individual. An idea sparked in Ichikawa's head from reading the first page that caused him to shut the book and stand up. I'll just head over to the dojo for a little practice. That place usually doesn't have a lot of people in it.

Heading through his bedroom door with the book in hand and tool pouch quickly fastened on his right thigh, Ichikawa was ready to face the challenge ahead in his usual outfit. As Ichikawa reached the front door he turned and called back to his mother who was in the kitchen preparing a meal for later. "I'm heading out, Okāsan!" She would quickly call back with a loud 'Okay!', and following that the door would shut. Ichikawa then picked up at his usual running pace and headed towards the aforementioned destination.

I wonder if there's anyone there who might be able to give me a hand. This'll be for more than the dummies in the yard. Soon enough, he would arrive in front of the structure, looking up at the sign which denoted its title. It read Magnificence, an obvious title showing the owner had pride in the establishment. Ichikawa shrugged to himself mentally at the idea, pushing the name aside and then entering. Luckily, this place didn't have an entrance fee, which should have made it a popular place to stop. It just seemed that nobody was usually here, as far as Ichikawa knew. A few steps would bring him to a sort of lobby where one could place things in a locker, or get water from a fountain.

Straight ahead was a sliding door that Ichikawa stepped towards, hearing the sound of movement inside. Opening it, he stepped inside, observing what the source was. Is someone already here?
Back to top Go down
Ryuuji
Ryuuji

PostSubject: Re: Bringing a Book to a Fistfight [Ryuuji] Bringing a Book to a Fistfight [Ryuuji] EmptyTue 16 Jul 2013, 4:35 am

It was just another average day within the Hyuuga compound. Meaning a certain young man was spending much of his time trying his best to avoid any and all of the other Hyuuga’s. It wasn’t that he hated his clan or vice versa; it was just that he hated what they wanted him to do! With is Grandfather as one of the clan head he was expected to follow the very strict rules and teaching of the clan. These teaching would ensure Ryuuji grew into a “Noble” young man of the Hyuuga clan. Noble? As if! These was the thoughts of the young Hyuuga as he snuck quietly through the halls. After faking having to use the bathroom he made a quick B-line toward the exit.

Within seconds he was hastily running down the street as he could faintly hear his name being yelled from the compound. This would only bw met with laughter as he hopped on to the rooftops and headed deeper into town. His goal was a certain Dojo with a very weird name. It was a favorite place for his to train in peace and quite as well as escape his clan when he needed to hide. But why would someone want to go a public gym? Especially when their own clan had their very own private dojo! There were several reason in fact! Many being personal, but if he had to truly pick a reason it was for the people.

Ryuuji was nothing less then a social bug. If there are people around you can almost always count on him to talk to them about one thing or another. For this reason he prefer public areas rather then the private grounds of the Hyuuga's. A blight smile would cross the young man face as he landed outside of the dojo and looked around. From the outside it was hard to tell if people was here or not. Taking one more quick look around to ensure no Hyuuga was a around before he hurried inside.

Thankfully he wore his ninja gi this day when he went to visit his grandfather along with most of this ninja gear. He had planed on doing some training on the training grounds but one thing lead to another and he had to make a run for it. So now he was here, his home away from home some could say. Walking inside he would keep a eye open for familiar faces. However it would seem that the dojo this day was completely deserted. Letting out a deep sigh “Guess it’s a solo day. Well guess I can test out those new ideas.” he said to himself within the main zone.

Taking up a spot in front of the Mu ren zhuang he would waste little time in beginning. Within seconds the room would be filled with the sound of flesh hitting hard wood. To another each and ever strike would appear to be painful to the hands, but after years of practice Ryuuji hardly felt anything after each hit. The other odd sight would be his fighting style. It was common knowledge that the Hyuuga used Juken(Gentle fist) Style, but his wasn’t the open palm like all the other used. But rather a combinations of both closed and open palms. It was meant to take the best of the two worlds into one; Creation of his own.

After a few more minutes of practice Ryuuji would speed up the attack increasing the power behind each blow. As of this moment his mind was solely focus on what was ahead of him, leaving him completely unaware of the newcomer who had just enter the room. It wouldn’t be till he heard the sound of a voice between his hits that he would stop to turn around to see other boy. It appeared it was a young man; maybe a around his own age or younger. Reaching up he would wrap the sweat from his forehead as he toss his braided hair back over his shoulder before smiling. “Looks like another came out to practice. Good thing to. This place just doesn’t feel right being here alone.” he said following it up with a laugh.

Place a hand on his hip he would lean in a bit as he smiled once more. “Can’t say I seen you around here before, but in any case it nice to see new faces. The names Ryuuji Hyuuga. But you just call me Ryuuji. I don’t care for all that formal stuff.”
Back to top Go down
Ichikawa Nakayama
Ichikawa Nakayama

PostSubject: Re: Bringing a Book to a Fistfight [Ryuuji] Bringing a Book to a Fistfight [Ryuuji] EmptyTue 16 Jul 2013, 5:33 am

It seemed that Ichikawa's suspicions were proved true as he observed the man practicing across the dojo from him. It didn't very him very long to notice Ichikawa's presence in the room, where he would turn to speak to him. A few thoughts ran through Ichikawa's mind before he actually paid attention the words, however. They were questions about what the man might be practicing, what intentions he might have, and how he might feel about other people in the room. Ichikawa knew himself that there were sometimes the self-conscious types who preferred to train alone because of some reason private to their own minds. Whether or not this other practitioner was like this was beyond Ichikawa, but so far it seemed that his body language was friendly as he turned to Ichikawa.

From the looks of his appearance, it was apparent what his bloodline was. A smile had spread across his face, and his eyes were a wonderful white. The qualities of the Hyuuga bloodline were those opalescent eyes that just made you think you were looking at a pair of fine jewels whose reflection was a powerful white. Of course, Ichikawa wasn't going to be complimenting this man on his looks, that wasn't the point of that thought process. Indeed, the Hyuuga were interesting, and they were famous for their taijutsu about as much as their eyes. Gentle Fist... What an opportunity there is here. I think those moves are secret to their clan, though. It probably wouldn't be right of me to question that, unless- Ichikawa's thoughts had been interrupted by the man's speech, which he now had to listen to.

As he spoke, Ichikawa took note of his physical characteristics. The man was obviously appropriately toned for the practice he was doing, and more noticeable than anything else was his braided hair. It had been swung over his shoulder and allowed to rest upon his back once more before he addressed Ichikawa's presence and introduced himself. “Looks like another came out to practice. Good thing, too. This place just doesn't feel right being here alone.” He chuckled briefly before continuing on with his thoughts, one of his hands falling to his hip as he took a comfortable stance towards Ichikawa. From a distance, it looked as though he might be analyzing, but that didn't matter to Ichikawa as he wasn't particularly paying attention to that. His words continued. “Can’t say I've seen you around here before, but in any case it's nice to see new faces. The name's Ryuuji Hyuuga. But you just call me Ryuuji. I don’t care for all that formal stuff.”

As he finished off his speech, Ichikawa smiled in return and dropped his book on a chair that he was standing near. It was more so an act of designating his own spot in the nearly abandoned dojo, despite the fact that he didn't need to do so. Regardless, he would then speak up in return, seeing as dropping the book only took him about half a second. "I'm Ichikawa. Nice to meet you." Reflecting upon his words about the place seeming odd when he was alone, Ichikawa decided to continue the conversation for the sake of it not becoming awkward. Having something to say to a new acquaintance is important, after all. "Usually when I pass this place it seems pretty dead, I'm glad someone is using it. In fact, it's my first time in here. I think that's why we haven't met already." Ichikawa slipped his geta off and took a few steps into the dojo's training area, as it was separated from the outside flooring by lines.

"I'm not that familiar with Taijutsu, since I spent most of my time practicing other things. That book over there was going to be my guide, but if you don't mind, it would be great to learn from you." As Ichikawa had approached and continued talking he had placed his left hand in his jacket pocket, the other dangling at his side freely. Upon getting closer, Ichikawa was a good few inches taller than Ryuuji, a trait he'd yet to get over when it came to meeting new people. Most people just hadn't reached his height, but that was okay. Everyone had to be different somehow. "What do you say? Shall we be partners for this session?" Raising his right hand, Ichikawa offered some form of agreement between the two, extending his fist as a prompt for a bump. I shouldn't interrupt his training, but he might not mind. He did say he liked having others around, after all. If anything, he can say no, and we'll go on our ways.

Ichikawa awaited Ryuuji's response. If he did accept, boy would Ichi be in for a beating. That's alright, though. In the end, it's all part of improving oneself. You can't become great without scratches or bruises.
Back to top Go down
Ryuuji
Ryuuji

PostSubject: Re: Bringing a Book to a Fistfight [Ryuuji] Bringing a Book to a Fistfight [Ryuuji] EmptyThu 18 Jul 2013, 2:41 am

Ryuuji would watch the young man as he walked after placing his book down on a chair. It wouldn’t take the guy long to reposed to his greeting with his own with a added bit. It was just like Ichikawa said as much of the time the place was dead. Ryuuji offend wonder just how the owner of the place could keep it open with no fees to enter or memberships. But he was also not one to question a good thing to much. At the last part of Ichikawa statement Ryuuji would only place a hand to his chin as he nodded. So it was his first time coming was it? That made sense as he knew most of the all the people around here, at least those who came to the gym.

After that the young man would remove his geta before stepping into the training area of the dojo. It was this movement that at last caught Ryuuji full attention. With a bit of a gin he watched Ichikawa as well as his words. “So you want to learn Taijutsu? Well studying it can be useful, but without feeling the… punches! Then you’ll never really get it.” he said with a confident smile. After all this was a subject a good of his life was dedicated too. And what this? He also wanted help in training as well? Ryuuji couldn’t help but laugh at this for some reason as he slowly walk toward the training zone himself.

“You’re a odd one. How do you even know I can teach?” his word was blunt, but yet smug. Once more he would look over the new guy with a closer look. If anything stood out with the boy it was that he was tall, taller then even Ryuuji himself. A bit of a surprised to him as often he was the tallest given his age. After the quick look Ryuuji would quickly reach his own fist out bumping it to Ichikawa. “Well I do know a thing or two about fighting with my fist that I guess I could teach you. Also you’re lucky I like to showoff. Although I would prefer if we had some ladies in the audience.” his words would trail off a bit at end as he slowly looked around the empty room.

After the fist bump Ryuuji would effortlessly hop back a full meter which then took a fighting pose. Placing a close fist to his hip with a open palm held out before him. “I’m assuming that you already read that book and want to put what you learn into motion? So before we begin any teaching let’s see you can do. Come at me!” he called out from his spot before adding his last warning. “But be warn! I don’t hold back for anyone!” a cold smile would follow the words as if to reassure the statement.
Back to top Go down
Ichikawa Nakayama
Ichikawa Nakayama

PostSubject: Re: Bringing a Book to a Fistfight [Ryuuji] Bringing a Book to a Fistfight [Ryuuji] EmptySat 20 Jul 2013, 5:54 am

Ichikawa's new acquaintance would be quick to respond to his questions, offering a somewhat comforting yet exciting relief. A contradictory thought, yes, but still a matter to consider. Ichikawa began to wonder with an off thought about the things he might be able to learn from this individual, as he seemed to be skilled. Hearing the comment about his fist at first made Ichikawa think he was making a pun - teaching him the meaning of a fist - but he also had to stop and consider that Ryuuji most likely had great knowledge of the Gentle Fist. If he was trying to teach something on that level, it'd be an honor. He also seemed to be proud of his technique as he admitted to being a showoff as well as wanting the attention of female viewers.

Ichikawa could only chuckle in response to that, a chuckle of agreement, if that was even possible. Then, it seemed things would begin to pick up pace. Ryuuji performed an impressive hop backwards, providing distance between the two in order for the training session to begin. He also commented that he thought Ichikawa had already read the book, and was hoping to show what he already learned. Perhaps I'll wait until after to correct him on that... The final comment was a fair warning. Ryuuji wouldn't be holding back for anyone, it seemed. Not Ichikawa, not himself, and maybe not even his kin. However, those intentions weren't something that Ichikawa should question. It was none of his business.

"I'll do my best. Let's go!" Ichikawa fell into a bit of a sloppy offensive stance before charging at Ryuuji. The rest of the dojo became a blur as he focused on his opponent, disregarding most of his surroundings for the time that he rushed at him. Ichikawa drew his arm back momentarily as he prepared to launch a strong blow at him, something he would probably be able to easily dodge. But... it's a feint! While closing the incredibly small distance, Ichikawa would hop to his right, and then hop once more forward at Ryuuji. It wasn't really a feint, in fact it was a poor one, but it was Ichikawa's attempt to keep him off of his guard. This was the beginning of the illusionist versus the physical master, a very silly fight indeed.

(A bit of a crappy post. Found out my weekend was going to be full of plans and sort of needed to rush. If my attack didn't make any sense, let me know and I'll see what I can do to explain it/edit.)

CP: 50/50 (I think this is the right count for Genin.)
Back to top Go down
Ryuuji
Ryuuji

PostSubject: Re: Bringing a Book to a Fistfight [Ryuuji] Bringing a Book to a Fistfight [Ryuuji] EmptyTue 23 Jul 2013, 4:36 am

So it begins! Without much hesitation Ichikawa would fall into a somewhat odd stance. It was at this very moment that Ryuuji began to question just what he had gotten himself into. As it stood now the odd stance could mean to things: One being it was a new and unusual fighting style. Then there was the second choice, and the most likely, the kid didn’t have a bloody clue what he was doing! Maybe Ryuuji jumped the gun when he had thought that the boy might had some training before hands, hence the book and what not. But it changed nothing of how he was going to act in the spar. After all the only true way to learn to fight is by fighting!

Narrowing his eyes Ryuuji watched Ichikawa ever move as the lunched himself toward his target. A straight shot attack is a good choose to use in the start of a fight. Much of the time it can be used to quickly gauge one skills, but it was also a double edge sword. If you was not skilled enough to fake a attack, get away, or counter then it offend would leave yourself open. Soon enough the moment came.

It was a good idea using a feint attack. Ryuuji would give points to him for that. However the execution needed help. Using a strong attack to force the opponent into a guard and then quickly changing it to a side attack. However before Ryuuji eyes the boy movement was slow allowing him to see everything. Taking a quick, but hard step forward Ryuuji would step into the boy attack. As he did so he would turn his body sideways to avoid the punch to before countering with his own right fist.

Ryuuji punch would be straight right toward the boy left cheek. As he said before he would hold nothing back. Not for anyone. It may seemed unfair to some, but pain is also part of learning to fight. After seeing the boy movement for himself he knew more or less what he was now dealing with. Rather the attack hit or not Ryuuji would quickly hop away once more where he would then cross his arm before his chest. “You have a good idea of how to attack, however your execution was sloppy.” he said with his eyes close as he thought. Popping open once more he would look Ichikawa in the eyes. “So… how much of that book have you read?” he asked with a very funny voice, hinting he already knew the answer.
Back to top Go down
Ichikawa Nakayama
Ichikawa Nakayama

PostSubject: Re: Bringing a Book to a Fistfight [Ryuuji] Bringing a Book to a Fistfight [Ryuuji] EmptyThu 25 Jul 2013, 10:52 am

(Sorry it's late.)

The events that were passing within the short time between the beginning of Ichikawa's attack and the interruption of it were certainly shocking for Ichikawa. One of the things he hadn't been expecting was for Ryuuji to directly step into his attack and cause him trouble like that. The original logic behind the move had been the question of who would step into danger in such a foolhardy way, but it seemed that the answer there was Ichikawa himself. The blur of movement had ended with little more than pain for Ichikawa, but it wasn't an intolerable pain. It was the pain of learning, and he could say that right now it was more enjoyable that anything else.

Within the few short moments, the ultimate result of the movement had been a combination of Ichikawa's flaws as a taijutsu fighter. His stance was sloppy, his execution was sloppier, and the attack itself was rendered completely null by what seemed to be Ryuuji's experience alone. IT was a wonderful combination that led to the presence of Ryuuji's body against Ichikawa's cheek in the least pleasant of manners, suggesting something as awkward as that could be pleasant to begin with. As Ichikawa recovered from the full deflection of his strike, he listened closely to Ryuuji's critique on his initial assault. A good idea is the best place to start, I'd think. I'll have to keep trying in that sense. But he's not done? Now standing, Ichikawa took in the last words from Ryuuji. It seemed he was interested in how much Ichikawa actually knew, and this only prompted a smile from Ichikawa.

A hand raised to the back of his head and scratched it momentarily, a slight chuckle emerging from Ichikawa as he answered the question. His hand fell back to his side with his speech. "Well, I skimmed the first page, I think. It was probably pretty obvious that I haven't read a single thing." Regardless of whether or not Ryuuji gave him a kind answer to the rather obvious statement, Ichikawa knew he wasn't specialized in this area at all. However, experience could make all the difference in a later, important situation. Taking advantage of a moment to receive further critique, Ichikawa picked up the conversation. "Shall I come at you again, or do you have a tip for proper execution?" Intending to gain as much information as he could about proper melee fighting, Ichikawa prepared to soak up whatever answer he received.

CP: 50/50
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bringing a Book to a Fistfight [Ryuuji] Bringing a Book to a Fistfight [Ryuuji] Empty

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
-