Ultimate Shinobi - A Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

For The Shits And Giggles! [Training]

View previous topic View next topic Go down
Ulkira
Nukenin
Ulkira

For The Shits And Giggles! [Training] Vide
PostSubject: For The Shits And Giggles! [Training] For The Shits And Giggles! [Training] EmptyWed 17 Jul 2013, 6:02 am

Training | Summon | B-Ranked

Summon:

Rapid. Ragged. Heavy. That was how the two shinobi’s exhalations were. They were breathing deeply and exhaustedly, their postures haggard and drooping. One of the figures was the Shichibi’s Jinchuuriki, doubled over with his hands clasping his knees, breathing heavily. Opposite him, just a few feet away, lay a struggling figure, this one gasping for breath as well. The second figure was a male, the same height as the first, but perhaps a year older at least; he was dressed in a black, sleeveless shirt with a pair of white trousers. Magenta hair, styled backwards in a streamlined and pointed shape, was blemished with dirt and blood splatter. Masquerade looked over from the ground and towards the male, the blonde’s green eyes meeting the red ones of the magenta-haired individual. Both Masquerade and this magenta-headed male looked worse for wear, their clothes tattered and torn and covered in dirt and blood. Cuts and bruises marked their bodies, and Masquerade’s mask had even been knocked off. The accessory was lying several feet away from where its owner stood, the reflective blue visors stained with both combatant’s life fluid. The magenta-haired male’s scratched forehead protector was chipped and dirtied, the village symbol in the center of the metal piece just discernible under the mud and grime.

The other shinobi’s name was Fubuki Ryuuzaki, and was a Nukenin just like Masquerade, one escaped from Yukigakure. Long story short, Masquerade had run into this man a little while ago, and certain unfortunate events had resulted in the two being forced into battle. This was not a simple spar or petty grudge match, but an unregulated fight to the death. Much to his dismay, Masquerade had had no choice other than to fight for his life, even if he did not fully understand how he had been drawn into this situation. So, the two shinobi had gone at it, with neither willing to give their lives away. The Nukenin Ryuuzaki was most likely the same rank as Masquerade, but he was certainly more adept at fighting than the Jinchuuriki. While the Yukigakure ninja had skill and experience on his side, Masquerade had had the advantage of being a Jinchuuriki; it might be possible that he was also more cunning than his adversary, but that was debatable. In any case, their fight had been indecisive for a long time, with both appearing evenly-matched thanks to their respective advantages. Sure, Masquerade had the greater chakra reserve of the two, but Ryuuzaki could dish out more damage more quickly than Masquerade could hope to. Really, it had been more or less a game of dodging and misfires for the majority of the fight, and even when a hit was successful, the victim was able to fruitfully strike back soon enough.

Only when Masquerade had been able to land a lucky hit on Ryuuzaki’s spine with his Chakra no Mesa had there been any indication as to who would win. The Yukigakure Nukenin had been paralyzed from the leg down, resultant from Masquerade having severed Ryuuzaki’s spinal cord at the small of his back. Such was how Ryuuzaki could be found lying on his front upon the earthen floor, glaring up at Masquerade venomously. The blonde Nukenin was not looking back all that pleasantly either; his own expression was one of anger and irritation, both emotions borne out of the fact that he had been pushed so far during this fight. For while he had not expended as much chakra as was hazardous to him as his adversary had, Masquerade had suffered more damage. Well, more damage in the sense that Ryuuzaki had landed more fatal hits than Masquerade had. The Jinchuuriki had managed only one, two at most, while the magenta-haired male had hit the bull’s eye far more times. Presently, Masquerade’s whole body ached and felt heavy, his balance likely to fail at any moment and leave him in a similar position to his opponent. However, he could still move and perhaps continue to fight; the same could not be said of Ryuuzaki. Taking that into account, one might presume that the fight was over, and that Masquerade had won; that he did not need to worry about losing due to fatigue, since his opponent was already incapacitated.

Except that his opponent wasn’t incapacitated. Or rather, not all of his opponents. Slowly, Masquerade turned a pair of unreadable, bug-like eyes from the panting form of Ryuuzaki, to the creature standing between the two shinobi. It was a hyena, a large hyena with fur as dark as granite, and eyes as yellow as lemons. The hyena was looking interestedly at Masquerade, drool dripping out of its grinning muzzle. This creature, this hyena, was an animal Ryuuzaki had summoned two-thirds into the fight, and things had turned to hell at that point. It had been bad enough for Masquerade that he had had to face one combat-crazy opponent, but when the hyena had arrived, he had had to face another. Ryuuzaki’s summon, which the Yukigakure male had addressed as “Chuckles”, had been far more aggressive in its attacks than its owner, and the fact that it was not as exhausted as either Nukenin made the situation even more difficult. Put simply, Chuckles’ arrival had been a greater nuisance for Masquerade, and had made victory even harder to achieve. Even now, the hyena was not as injured or tired as the humans, and that therein lay the problem. Masquerade may have disposed of Ryuuzaki, but he still had the summoned animal to worry about; and while he would normally not be apprehensive of a Summon, in his current state, he was feeling anything but confident of a sure victory.

“Argh! You freak!” Ryuuzaki slammed his fists angrily on the ground, shooting a fierce glare at Masquerade. He then directed his attention to the hyena ahead. “Chuckles! Get him! Eat him alive! Gouge his eyes out! Rip his balls off! Make him SUFFER!” The speaker was pretty much raving now, wide-eyed and red-faced. Masquerade grimaced and looked over at the hyena in question, bracing himself for an attack. He took a slow step back, aiming to get some distance between himself and the creature. However, Chuckles’ focus was no longer on Masquerade, but to his defeated master. Much to both humans’ surprise, the hyena turned around and walked lightly over to Ryuuzaki. The mad look in the animal’s eyes was gone now, replaced by a more sympathetic one. Standing at Ryuuzaki’s shoulder, Chuckles the hyena looked up and down the human’s body, before meeting Ryuuzaki’s eyes with his own.

“Master, you’ve been beaten,” Chuckles stated calmly and in a disappointed voice. Both humans watched the animal in confusion as it brought its face closer to Ryuuzaki’s and spoke in his ear, loud enough for Masquerade to hear: “And if you remember our deal, you know what that means, don’t you?” A sudden look of fear encompassed Ryuuzaki’s face, and a flood of panicked speech began to issue from his mouth. The Yukigakure ninja insisted that he hadn’t been beaten, but the hyena silenced him by planting his face into the dirt with a paw. Leaning in closer, Chuckles remarked gently, “Ah-ah-ah! You have lost, Ryuuzaki, and very luckily for me, too: it’s almost dinner time.” The psychotic grin returned to Chuckles’ face without warning, and with a frightening laugh, he bit down hard on Ryuuzaki’s shoulder.

A howl of pain pierced into Masquerade’s ears, and the stupefied Nukenin did not move as he watched the hyena grind his teeth deeper into its victim’s shoulder, before savagely tearing a chunk of flesh of the now-broken shoulder. As the paralyzed male screamed in agony, the chuckling hyena noted through a mouthful of meat, “I guess I’ll have to eat from the top first. There’s no fun in starting from below if you can’t feel it. Hahah!” With a delighted giggle, the carnivore attacked the helpless Ryuuzaki once again, deadly teeth biting into the man’s soft flesh. The gory scene left Masquerade unable to move from his spot, transfixed by the horrid sight unfolding before him. No matter how much the duet of bloodcurdling screams and bone-chilling laughter disturbed him, he could not move. He was too horrified to move, and his face showed it.

He seemed to snap back to his senses as Ryuuzaki, with eyes bulging from pain and fear, looked up at Masquerade and held out his remaining good hand at him. Words did not, could not, come out of the terrified prey’s mouth, but his message was clear. The look in Ryuuzaki’s eyes, the entire scene, was enough to help Masquerade come to a decision. Without hesitation, the Jinchuuriki’s fingers danced in a sequence of handseals, and he spoke softly, “Yatsuba.” A wave of purple acid was expelled from Masquerade’s mouth and into the air; the liquid arched upwards before curbing down to rain on the spot where Ryuuzaki and Chuckles stood. The hyena noticed the attack early enough, and managed to roll out of the way of the shower. Ryuuzaki, however, took the full brunt of the attack, and it was only a few moments until his body (what remained of it, anyway) was corroded into vapor, leaving nothing behind but a puddle of blood.

Breathing deeply, Masquerade turned to look in the surviving hyena’s direction. Chuckles was looking down at his right forepaw, which was sizzling due to the few drops of acid that had managed to land on it. The hyena paid the burn no mind, however, instead looking at the fully dissolved Ryuuzaki, and then over to Masquerade. The entire time, the creature had a large piece of flesh hanging out of its mouth, which it continued to chew on as it surveyed Masquerade calmly. Neither the human nor the hyena said anything as they watched each other, with the latter still chewing slowly and thoughtfully on his meal. Once Chuckles had messily swallowed the last bit of Ryuuzaki, he tilted his head at Masquerade and grinned. “That wasn’t a very nice thing to do. That was my dinner, you know.” Masquerade gave no reply, merely watching the creature carefully, preparing himself in case it decided to attack now that its meal was ruined. However, the spotted hyena laughed instead. “Showing mercy to your enemy, huh? How unexpected. Yes, I never would have figured a Nukenin to show mercy.”

Masquerade’s eyes narrowed visibly. “No one deserves to experience what that man just did,” he remarked, his voice neither angry nor annoyed, but simply cold. It was obvious that Masquerade was not pleased with what the hyena had done, and the animal in question could tell as much.

“Well, sorry. I didn’t think you’d disapprove of that.” Chuckles smirked humorously, implying at a joking nature. “But you know, I was only doing it for you. You beat my former master, and as is my clan’s tradition, I have to pledge my allegiance to the one who had bested him. And that would be you. You could consider my earlier actions as a – show of loyalty, if you will. I think I’ve proved that I no longer have any attachments to that weakling.”

The drawling tone of the hyena, coupled with wide smirk on his cunning visage, more or less confirmed to Masquerade that this creature was nothing but a foul monster. What made him even worse was what he had just said. Masquerade could not tell whether the monster was a good liar, or if he was telling the truth. All he knew was that the beast sounded completely sincere when he gave his reasoning; not to mention, completely devoid of any remorse or guilt. In fact, he sounded like he was... having fun.

“Assuming you’re telling the truth and do want to forge a contract with me, what makes you think I’d want to ally with something as foul as you?”

The hyena’s smile widened, and he took a step forward, beginning to circle Masquerade, but not like a predator does his prey, but with interest. Masquerade kept the hyena in his sights as it walked around him, speaking slowly and composedly. “It’s your choice to make. If you disagree, I’ll leave you be. However, I won’t lie when I say that you’ve piqued my curiosity, Human. Those eyes of yours... that attack you just used... You’re no ordinary shinobi, and that interests me. I’m quite eager to see what other fascinating things there are about you, Human. So why not forge a contract with the Hyenas – with me? If you think I’m so horrible, then think of it this way: if you’re my master, then you can make sure I don’t do anything else like I just did; me, and my whole clan.”

If it was possible, the hyena’s grin had widened even further, its sharp teeth and yellow eyes glinting deviously in the rapidly-approaching darkness of nightfall. Masquerade did not speak a word as the hyena finished his little speech, and he did not indicate through body movement what his thoughts on the matter might be either. What decision he may have come to was unclear, but he had come to decision. This hyena was the most despicable being Masquerade had ever met, and he had half a mind to ignore its offer, maybe even kill it. However, that half of his mind was the moral half, not the pragmatic half. His logical side was telling him that having this hyena as an ally was quite beneficial: it could be of use to him in a number of ways. Simply declining the offer because he despised the creature was not the most sensible thing to do; besides, he had discarded his beliefs a number of times before to do fulfill his duties as a Nukenin. As such, he had made up his mind on the matter. What eased his morale was that he might be able to find more satisfying ways to make the monster suffer.

“Don’t do it. He can’t be trusted. You know that he’ll betray you and eat you the moment he gets the chance, just like he did with his former owner. If you lose in front of him, he’ll make a meal out of you.”

Masquerade frowned mentally as he heard the Shichibi’s advice, as well as the earnestness in her tone. Well then, I guess I’ll just have to make sure I don’t lose in front of him, he answered steadily. He knew that the beast could not be expected to remain loyal forever, but Masquerade had already taken that into consideration. As was said, his mind was made up. Turning to face the hyena, Masquerade held a gloved hand out to the animal. “I accept your offer, Chuckles.”

Chuckles gave Masquerade a pleased grin, and then surprised him by clamping his jaw onto the latter’s extended hand. With a yelp of pain, Masquerade wrenched his hand out of the animal’s mouth, the ease with which it was done indicating that the bite was not meant to be strong. The Nukenin looked down at his bloodied and stinging hand, and then glared at the hyena, who bared its teeth in an unpleasant grin. It opened its mouth, and after a moment of unexpected gagging, expelled what looked like a scroll from its mouth. Rolling the scroll open, Chuckles looked up at Masquerade pointedly, telling him to sign his name here in his blood. The Nukenin obliged, using his bloodied hand to write his title onto the parchment. Once the feat was accomplished, the scroll rolled up by itself and disappeared in a cloud of smoke.

“The contract has been forged, Master,” Chuckles declared casually, looking up at Masquerade as the latter rose to his feet. He raised a paw into the air and pointed it at the Nukenin. “Now. Try not to be as weak as my previous master was, alright? Train hard and get strong! I want the two of us to have fun for a loooong time...

Word Count: 2670/700
Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
-