Ultimate Shinobi - A Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

'Nother question about sealing

View previous topic View next topic Go down
Captain Konoha
Konoha Nin
Captain Konoha

'Nother question about sealing Vide
PostSubject: 'Nother question about sealing 'Nother question about sealing EmptyTue 14 Jan 2014, 6:17 pm

So the thing with our current system is that people can have Taijutsu, Weaponry, Ninjutsu and Genjutsu of C rank and lower when they become high ranked Shinobi. These people get a total of five of these jutsu, which is fair enough in my opinion, though it made me question what is available. In the manga and the anime, we have seen shinobi who are not the least bit versed in it use the above four specialties, but we have also seen them perform fairly simple fuuinjutsu. 

My question is, can we make Fuuinjutsu as available as the other four when it comes to high ranks? giving them a total of five e/d/c ranked fuuinjutsu?

Why I think this should be available is simply because every Shinobi knows a little bit about sealing, whether it is about taking stuff from a scroll, engraving some symbols into a frog, taking shuriken from wristnotes, unsealing sealed scrolls, etc etc.

I think it is part of the shinobi world, just like how pretty much everyone gets to perform ninjutsu, weaponry and taijutsu techs of such ranks. It is no more than fair in my opinion, but i'll leave it to you.
Back to top Go down
MsMoney
Wanderer
MsMoney

PostSubject: Re: 'Nother question about sealing 'Nother question about sealing EmptyFri 17 Jan 2014, 2:24 am

Well, there is already a jutsu in the academy list that allows for simple sealing and unsealing etc.

Spoiler:

I honestly think the fuuinjutsu is not a part of the non-spec things you can take at higher ranks because it is something very special/unique in itself that goes a bit further than just the -ordinary things- you can easily pick up on. Like with taijutsu, you can easily pick up on throwing punches and adding chakra to your attacks, and with weaponry then you can learn how to swing a weapon, and you already have some basis of ninjutsu already with the simply academy techniques so that is also something not -too far of a stretch- to learn as a non-spec thing.

Honestly, I don't really like it when people can take genjutsu as a non-spec, because for me that is also somewhat of a special and difficult thing that people would have had to focus on from the start of their career as a ninja. But I mean, I'm not saying the ranks you can use are high... just randomly ranting here about my personal opinion really... xD Not sure if I was any use.
Back to top Go down
Aaron
Aaron

PostSubject: Re: 'Nother question about sealing 'Nother question about sealing EmptyFri 17 Jan 2014, 2:30 am

I agree with Heida. I don't think Fuinjutsu should be allowed for out of specialty jutsu. It's too specific of a subsection of jutsu that certainly isn't explored in great depth in the Academy. Honestly, I agree with the sentiment that Genjutsu should not be allowed out of specialty, because it's also a very specific type of jutsu, but I suppose I can live with it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ultimateshinobi.com
Kage.
Konoha Nin
Kage.

PostSubject: Re: 'Nother question about sealing 'Nother question about sealing EmptyFri 17 Jan 2014, 2:50 am

Like I told you before, I'm relatively on the fence about the whole thing. I can see why you'd suggest something like this but, on the other hand, It is a fairly specific specialty, up there in difficulty and complexity with Eijutsu and Puppetry, requiring a great deal of knowledge, a very precise chakra control, and so on. That's why, if I had to make a decision, I would most likely end up letting it stay restricted.

And while Genjutsu is fairly difficult itself, which is why I understand why Heida would suggest this was well. On the other hand, it is also one of the three main types of Jutsu (the other two, obviously, being Ninjutsu and Taijutsu), so it might be a bit unnecessary to restrict it, as well. Still, I don't have a fixed opinion on this one. I could go with either decision.
Back to top Go down
Mugen Kousen
Mugen Kousen

PostSubject: Re: 'Nother question about sealing 'Nother question about sealing EmptyFri 17 Jan 2014, 4:56 am

This looks more or less settled but I'm speaking my mind everywhere else so why not chime in here?

I'd just like to point out that it would certainly be hard for a Jounin to pick up a genjutsu when he's spent his whole life focusing on Taijutsu and Ninjutsu. But that is precisely why the system limits players to C-rank for things outside their specialty. None of the specialties really require you be born with anything to learn them. They are bloodline limits or anything, but aptitude and experience can of course still play a role. This is why we specialize in things in the first place. Branching out from tai and nin jutsu to dabble in genjutsu is akin to learning a new recipe as a chef or learning how to perform a new simple trick on a skate board. Pretty much anyone can eventually pick up how to do an ollie if they try hard enough. Thus access to E and D rank jutsu is justifiable. If I practice really hard I might even get a kick flip down! C rank jutsu. But at the end of the day, I'm no Tony Hawk, and spent the last 20 years of my life honing other skills and it wouldn't make sense to change now.

I know lame skateboarding analogies aren't perfect for a naruto forum, but IC these things(Gen/Tai/Nin/Ken/Etc) just require you to mold your chakra in a certain way or move your body in a certain way in tandem with your chakra. So the premise of being able to learn weaker jutsu via training fits. you should be able to grasp the general idea. The C-Rank limit is is a fair one and makes sense. To ad further restrictions would honestly be less realistic. It's up to each individual shinobi how to spend their exp. If they want to be versatile with lots of weak skills from various specialties then so be it. They will have less high ranking jutsu than their peers as a result of spending that exp elsewhere. The system has a good balance as is. Let's not go messing with that D:
Back to top Go down
Captain Konoha
Konoha Nin
Captain Konoha

PostSubject: Re: 'Nother question about sealing 'Nother question about sealing EmptyFri 17 Jan 2014, 5:14 am

Agreed (with some of the things you said),

For anyone who does not have the spec themselves, ANY other spec would be hard for them. In that sense, Ninjutsu, Genjutsu, Taijutsu and Weaponry would all need to be removed from the list. We have however seen the anime and read the manga and saw that most people have some minor fuuinjutsu knowledge, though you rarely see people use Puppetry or Medical Ninjutsu, which is why I would not touch those. As for all of the other specs, I do believe that they can be used up to C rank by high ranking Nin.

I won't put up a long story because to me, it's just that simple.
Back to top Go down
lifeanddeath
lifeanddeath

PostSubject: Re: 'Nother question about sealing 'Nother question about sealing EmptySat 31 May 2014, 12:13 am

Given that Kage's response pretty much covers it, is it safe to assume that this can be solved?

Back to top Go down
lifeanddeath
lifeanddeath

PostSubject: Re: 'Nother question about sealing 'Nother question about sealing EmptyMon 02 Jun 2014, 9:19 pm

*Assumes it can be since it's been dead and ignored for quite some time.* Solved.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'Nother question about sealing 'Nother question about sealing Empty

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
-