Ultimate Shinobi - A Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Everyone Read!

View previous topic View next topic Go down
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
Aaron
Aaron

Everyone Read! - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Everyone Read! Everyone Read! - Page 2 EmptySat 15 May 2010, 1:53 am

Yasahiro Guujin wrote:
Mitsuhide Aketchi wrote:
I think a bit more allowance for creativity would be nice... so much is banned or restricted that it is difficult to do even simple things. or people view a simple thing as "out of line because there is this"... as it stands there is very little you can do to have your char stand out as a unique idea

your completely right, it's been very hard just to join the site let alone make anything of it. *sigh* i just wish making the joining application would be a bit easier... Cute Beg

Don't worry. Many people, myself included, find creating their character the hardest part of their roleplaying experience, but it's well worth it. (:
Back to top Go down
http://www.ultimateshinobi.com
Kuroi Hinode
Kuroi Hinode

PostSubject: Re: Everyone Read! Everyone Read! - Page 2 EmptySat 15 May 2010, 12:00 pm

Aaron wrote:
Yasahiro Guujin wrote:
Mitsuhide Aketchi wrote:
I think a bit more allowance for creativity would be nice... so much is banned or restricted that it is difficult to do even simple things. or people view a simple thing as "out of line because there is this"... as it stands there is very little you can do to have your char stand out as a unique idea

your completely right, it's been very hard just to join the site let alone make anything of it. *sigh* i just wish making the joining application would be a bit easier... Cute Beg

Don't worry. Many people, myself included, find creating their character the hardest part of their roleplaying experience, but it's well worth it. (:

as it stands things are limited to a point of character mental retardation it seems... where shit just doesnt make sense... I have run and moderated naruto RP sites for nearly 4 years now... and it shouldnt be this hard to get a simple concept off the ground
Back to top Go down
Drake.
Drake.

PostSubject: Re: Everyone Read! Everyone Read! - Page 2 EmptySat 15 May 2010, 12:02 pm

I do agree with mitsu here, i have two years wroth and another two years of creating forums for other people, it shouldn't be this hard
Back to top Go down
Vegapunk
Vegapunk

PostSubject: Re: Everyone Read! Everyone Read! - Page 2 EmptySat 15 May 2010, 1:39 pm

But what you don't understand is that if we offer too much then people naturally take things too far, try and get what they obviously can't have and try and overpower their characters as much as possible. We are trying to give a balanced environment for all players.

The idea with character applications is that we have a certain descriptive and detailed 'level' for each, is it such a bad thing to want members to take pride in their work? To do a detailed and interesting character application the first time round so we don't have people getting fed up with their boring, quick fix characters and wanting another one?

Quote :
as it stands things are limited to a point of character mental retardation it seems... where shit just doesnt make sense... I have run and moderated naruto RP sites for nearly 4 years now... and it shouldnt be this hard to get a simple concept off the ground
If you have so much experience then you would be able to understand where the staff are coming from. And you should be able to give a detailed and descriptive clan and character if you are so experienced, but franky I haven't seen that from you so far.
Back to top Go down
Aaron
Aaron

PostSubject: Re: Everyone Read! Everyone Read! - Page 2 EmptySat 15 May 2010, 1:56 pm

I completely agree with Todd on this one guys. I can't see anything wrong with the way Character Applications is run, just that a few more mods may be needed to get the approving done faster. ;]
Back to top Go down
Aries
Aries

PostSubject: Re: Everyone Read! Everyone Read! - Page 2 EmptySat 15 May 2010, 2:01 pm

I hate the way the story is dragging on
Back to top Go down
Ulkira
Nukenin
Ulkira

PostSubject: Re: Everyone Read! Everyone Read! - Page 2 EmptySat 15 May 2010, 7:44 pm

Perfection wrote:
I hate the way the story is dragging on
... It just began. Nothing's really happened yet except Iwa being blown off the face of the planet...
Back to top Go down
Kuroi Hinode
Kuroi Hinode

PostSubject: Re: Everyone Read! Everyone Read! - Page 2 EmptySat 15 May 2010, 7:55 pm

yes I know that people try to take it to far... but I have seen some of the things that have been passed and question how on earth its happened... and there is something as a mod or admin you should understand, you cannot always make something 3 paragraphs. there is a limit of things until you are just simply restating yourself.

I want a simple clan, and a simple character, with nothing really all that special, I can understand only one argument against my clan, and thats the fact its similar to the inuzuka... but I looked it up, the inzuka according to naruto wiki AND leaf ninja the Inuzuka have no KKG.

I can understand the want for detail in a char app, but you guys have not payed much attention to detail at all, you have payed attention to the fact its "not long enough"
Back to top Go down
Aries
Aries

PostSubject: Re: Everyone Read! Everyone Read! - Page 2 EmptySat 15 May 2010, 11:07 pm

agreed with post above me
Back to top Go down
Pattycakes
Pattycakes

PostSubject: Re: Everyone Read! Everyone Read! - Page 2 EmptySat 15 May 2010, 11:43 pm

Meh, length=detail, 9/10 ^_^
Back to top Go down
Kuroi Hinode
Kuroi Hinode

PostSubject: Re: Everyone Read! Everyone Read! - Page 2 EmptySun 16 May 2010, 12:12 am

in alot of situations... yes length will equal detail... but for a simple thing as I have tried to do, they are always detailed... but I operate under the concept, "why take 5 words and make them 50 when it says the same thing"

when people strive for length in everything, it gets redundant and plain out annoying... and alot of times there are reasons for a lack of length, such as with my char, I only have half what is needed for his personality. but people wont crack down and read why I only have half... the things in () are there for a reason, and often times make alot of sense
Back to top Go down
Pattycakes
Pattycakes

PostSubject: Re: Everyone Read! Everyone Read! - Page 2 EmptySun 16 May 2010, 12:16 am

See, usually I agree. But honestly, when it comes to appearance or personality, they're lacking in a vital descriptive area.
Back to top Go down
Kuroi Hinode
Kuroi Hinode

PostSubject: Re: Everyone Read! Everyone Read! - Page 2 EmptySun 16 May 2010, 12:19 am

that I can blame on not RPing or anything in about 4 month from life and a mental block lately... but my personality describes enough to get the job done, not in 100% detail, but how on earth am I supposed to know a chars personality among a entirely new life style.

my looks I will admit are a bit rusty, but when you read a book, one that details quite well, there are still variation as to what people see. this is purposeful because the writer wishes to leave open for the readers mind to create what they see, and thats the general purpose of any RP site.. creative writing, unless that has drastically changed over the last 4 months
Back to top Go down
Adam
The Boss
Adam

PostSubject: Re: Everyone Read! Everyone Read! - Page 2 EmptyWed 26 May 2010, 10:40 am

Archived.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ultimateshinobi.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Everyone Read! Everyone Read! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
-