Ultimate Shinobi - A Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Summons: Changes Needed?

View previous topic View next topic Go down
Mugen Kousen
Mugen Kousen

Summons: Changes Needed? Vide
PostSubject: Summons: Changes Needed? Summons: Changes Needed? EmptyThu 20 Feb 2014, 7:55 am

Seems like no one can agree on what exactly should be done with summons, but I see a common theme among the members whom have spoken out about the subject. The one thing we mostly seem to agree on is that we're generally dissatisfied with the system as it currently is.

But the voices of the passionate few does not reflect the will of the entire forum. So this thread is to satisfy my curiosity. The point here is not to make any one specific change, but to determine if there is indeed a real desire for a change at all. If we can generate enough response, then staff will see it is something worth considering. First lets ask the question, do we really think summons need some changes?

RULES OF THIS THREAD:
1. This is not the place for you to advocate exactly what changes you want to happen with summons. Although you may mention them, stick to just saying whether you feel they SHOULD be updated.
2. There will be no debates. All posts should be targeted to the forum as a whole. If your post in regards to something someone else said in this or any other thread, it will not count.
3. This will be treated like a poll(If a staff member would make it into a poll I would love them forever) If you're posting, consider it voting.
4. Only post once. You may edit your post if you have a change of heart, but pm me if you do so I can update the tally.(Myself and Staff are the exceptions to this one post rule)
5. If anyone breaks these rules with a post, your tally will be erased and I will encourage staff to ignore it.
6. If someone says something you REALLY need to comment on. Send them a PM.

OPTIONAL TEMPLATE
Code:

[b]Do you think summons should be updated?:[/b] (Simple Yes/No)
[b]Whats the main reason you feel that way?:[/b] (Try to keep this down to a few sentences. The point isn't to explain what changes you want. Just whether you want any changes and why you feel that way.)
[b]On a scale of 1-10 how important is this to you?:[/b] (1 insignificant and 10 being very important.)

From what I've been told by staff, changes to summons on some levels are already in motion. But perhaps this way we'll be able to give them a more specific snap shot of the forum populations current wants and needs regarding summons. It might only influence the actual changes made a tiny bit, but if we make an impact at all, I'd call this a success.

Official Tally
Updated 2/24/2014
Change Summons: 6 Votes
Don't Change Summons: 0 Votes

Last edited by Mugen Kousen on Mon 24 Feb 2014, 7:36 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mugen Kousen
Mugen Kousen

PostSubject: Re: Summons: Changes Needed? Summons: Changes Needed? EmptyThu 20 Feb 2014, 8:06 am

Do you think summons should be updated?: Yes
Whats the main reason you feel that way?: While I understand the need for balance, I feel like too much of the naruto verse is sacrificed in the name of balance. Canon gets out of control sometimes and locking things that are overpowered is not a bad call. But we shouldn't have to sacrifice logic for what make sense IC in order to attain a fair balance. I would be willing to help if staff were open to discussing their concerns with summon balance so I can better understand what is most important from their perspective.
On a scale of 1-10 how important is this to you?: 8(I'm touchy about trying to keep things canon D: )
Back to top Go down
Enzo
Kumo Nin
Enzo

PostSubject: Re: Summons: Changes Needed? Summons: Changes Needed? EmptyThu 20 Feb 2014, 8:16 am

Whats the main reason you feel that way?: To be honest I don't believe summons should play any sort of role in a Naruto RP. It derails a RP fight from a regular spar to a Pacific Rim showdown. However, since this opinion is probably unpopular with both the members and the staff, I'll provide a more "sane" reason. Because there are like two other threads in the FA dealing with summons and clearly it's a thing that needs fixing.
On a scale of 1-10 how important is this to you?: The staff probably wouldn't consider it for anything less than a 10. So uh.. 10.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ultimateshinobi.darkbb.com/forum
CleverYamanaka
Wanderer
CleverYamanaka

PostSubject: Re: Summons: Changes Needed? Summons: Changes Needed? EmptyThu 20 Feb 2014, 8:37 am

Do you think summons should be updated?: Yes.
Whats the main reason you feel that way?: They're off scale to the Bijuu, which is not proven true by the anime. They are made limited and weak by their lack of elements, and lack of specialty choices. All around, I think that they should be opened up more. Dun care if u bishes think that sounds like cray cray bcus im kewl lyke dat #swaggout
On a scale of 1-10 how important is this to you?: 7
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: Re: Summons: Changes Needed? Summons: Changes Needed? EmptyThu 20 Feb 2014, 4:54 pm

Whats the main reason you feel that way?: They don't seem that popular or useful, until you get to A and S Rank, at which point, their size and jutsu get ridiculously powerful. I could name a few names of people who's summonings are basically OP.

To be honest I would prefer if they played a more cosmetic role.

On a scale of 1-10 how important is this to you?: 7
Back to top Go down
Mugen Kousen
Mugen Kousen

PostSubject: Re: Summons: Changes Needed? Summons: Changes Needed? EmptyThu 20 Feb 2014, 5:33 pm

Tally Updated!

I'd also like to take a moment to thank those whom have posted so far for adhering to the rules. Your civil contributions are most appreciated. Please accept this saluting Prinny as a show of my appreciation.

Summons: Changes Needed? Prinny_trace__art_class__by_nightofaccordionsax-d6qq23k

Hopefully we can continue the trend.
Back to top Go down
Cross
Cross

PostSubject: Re: Summons: Changes Needed? Summons: Changes Needed? EmptyThu 20 Feb 2014, 9:54 pm

Whats the main reason you feel that way?: The are nerfed to just being used like Inuzuka pets. Having a summon myself, I haven't really saw a reason to use him in combat since I have obtained him. The size and limits also kind of limits one's creativity. I don't care if they can use advanced elements or not; I just want them to be used more for Combat instead of saying 'look what I can do!'
On a scale of 1-10 how important is this to you?: 8/9
Back to top Go down
Captain Konoha
Konoha Nin
Captain Konoha

PostSubject: Re: Summons: Changes Needed? Summons: Changes Needed? EmptyMon 24 Feb 2014, 7:21 pm

Whats the main reason you feel that way?: There are a couple of things I would personally like to see changed. The first being where venomous snakes for instance are forced to have medical ninjutsu just to use something that is part of their being, which is like denying a bird flight because it uses water release. This topic has been brought up before and so far, nothing has been done with it. 

The other is because the dimensions are off. If a Toad and a snake are both 30 meters in length, you'd be denying a snake it's power, which generally lies in things such as constriction. When animals are smaller, you'd basically be proportioning A log snake, which is just ridiculous. This, just like the previous part has been brought up, because I feel some animals are made too big while others are simply too small to matter in a real fight.

On a scale of 1-10 how important is this to you?: 12 - As a Snake user that is based around them as a Shinobi, I feel like the above things not being handled simply makes me weaker while my summons would just be ridiculously underpowered. 
Back to top Go down
Mugen Kousen
Mugen Kousen

PostSubject: Re: Summons: Changes Needed? Summons: Changes Needed? EmptyMon 24 Feb 2014, 7:36 pm

Tally Updated!

6 for making summon updates and 0 against it. While this might seem like great numbers, it is still a small portion of the forums total members. Those of you who have posted so far might want to try and convince others to post their opinions. But don't be too pushy or you'll just be annoying and hurt the cause. I recommend pms for this as opposed to being a broken record in the chat box.

Regardless of whether this ends successfully or not, I appreciate your efforts to help me run a civilized and flame-free topic.
Back to top Go down
Wolfe
Wolfe

PostSubject: Re: Summons: Changes Needed? Summons: Changes Needed? EmptyThu 27 Feb 2014, 9:14 am

Whats the main reason you feel that way?: I feel like updates should be regularly made to most things, especially when a number of people are upset with their current state. I have not read much into the current system although I have read opinions upon it, so take this opinion how you will.
On a scale of 1-10 how important is this to you?: 6
Back to top Go down
lifeanddeath
lifeanddeath

PostSubject: Re: Summons: Changes Needed? Summons: Changes Needed? EmptySat 31 May 2014, 12:19 am

Pending an actual summon update being done (eventually) and the fact that there is already a thread about issues with summons, I am going to ahead solve this. [Also Mugen left ages ago so =P]

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Summons: Changes Needed? Summons: Changes Needed? Empty

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
-